Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jay Jacobs is a smart man...

Re: Jay Jacobs is a smart man...
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »

There are a several guys who won one and didn't do diddly tool beyond that.  Can't use 2010 as a measuring stick.   It was one season.  A great season, yes, but just one.

When you've only got two seasons to judge by you use what you have.  We're 2-0 in bowls, two top 10 recruiting classes, 1 Heisman, 1 SEC championship, and 1 BCS Championship.  If the guy retired tomorrow he would go down as an Auburn legend.  What are we supposed to use as a measuring stick?  The fact that most people were pissed when he was hired and some of us (you) haven't gotten over it yet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2011, 03:31:55 PM »
When you've only got two seasons to judge by you use what you have.  We're 2-0 in bowls, two top 10 recruiting classes, 1 Heisman, 1 SEC championship, and 1 BCS Championship.  If the guy retired tomorrow he would go down as an Auburn legend.  What are we supposed to use as a measuring stick?  The fact that most people were pissed when he was hired and some of us (you) haven't gotten over it yet?

Fine.  Build he freaking monument.  It can be torn down later. 

Or just do like the stupid ass Bammers did and make a Chizik snowman.  At least it'll melt. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2011, 03:39:02 PM »
Fine.  Build he freaking monument.  It can be torn down later. 

Or just do like the stupid ass Bammers did and make a Chizik snowman.  At least it'll melt.

I'm sorry I offended you by stating the obvious facts.  Now continue on with your arguments involving College Park Church building repairs, dogtrack wiretaps, and how our clueless head coach needs help from Gus shaking off after he pees.

:bc:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Tiger Six

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2011, 03:49:46 PM »
and how our clueless head coach needs help from Gus shaking off after he pees.

Actually, Gus has fixed all the coaches up with a bag that allows them to pee freely any time, day or night.  The urine is then filtered and returned to the body via intravenous means, also reducing the time that each staff member has to waster drinking fluids every day.  This allows them to be more efficient in their daily lives.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2011, 04:02:29 PM »
O-line?  O-line is what will make or break us.

Thinking about our O-line in three/fours years from now, when they are all upperclassmen who have played together for a few years, gives me serious shivers... and I mean the good kind.  2010 redeaux...

And who needs greasyscumbag back when you have Kaos toting the pee bags for him (to continue with the theme...)? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2011, 06:20:01 PM »
I kind of made the same point about Malzahn more than once on here. I think he is the main cog in the machine. I don't have any inside information on that. I guess its just a hunch. It's kind of the body language you pick up when you see the sideline (on TV, of course). Malzahn is one smart motherfucker, and I've had to eat alot of crow in regards to his ability.

In regards to Cam.....I kind of think about all of those years Tebow walked among us mere mortals and UF dominated all. And, what did we all say? Any school could win with Tebow. Of course, UF always had a pretty good defense, and some star power on offense as well. But Tebow was the man. He made that team. And what did we all say would happen when Tebow left? Yeah. Saw that coming from a mile away.

Who knows how 2011 will end up for AU? For all I know, whoever is the starting QB comes out and surprises everybody much like Cam did. Maybe he will make Tebow and Cam look mortal. I don't know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2011, 06:26:33 PM »
I kind of made the same point about Malzahn more than once on here. I think he is the main cog in the machine. I don't have any inside information on that. I guess its just a hunch. It's kind of the body language you pick up when you see the sideline (on TV, of course). Malzahn is one smart motherfucker, and I've had to eat alot of crow in regards to his ability.

In regards to Cam.....I kind of think about all of those years Tebow walked among us mere mortals and UF dominated all. And, what did we all say? Any school could win with Tebow. Of course, UF always had a pretty good defense, and some star power on offense as well. But Tebow was the man. He made that team. And what did we all say would happen when Tebow left? Yeah. Saw that coming from a mile away.

Who knows how 2011 will end up for AU? For all I know, whoever is the starting QB comes out and surprises everybody much like Cam did. Maybe he will make Tebow and Cam look mortal. I don't know.

You don't have this book, do you?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2011, 07:35:16 PM »
You don't have this book, do you?

Do they sell it at the Wal-Marks?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2011, 09:29:32 PM »
I'm sorry I offended you by stating the obvious facts.  Now continue on with your arguments involving College Park Church building repairs, dogtrack wiretaps, and how our clueless head coach needs help from Gus shaking off after he pees.

:bc:
Boom!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2011, 01:43:26 AM »
Coach Chizik has been able to accomplish something that little nicky hasn't been able to do.  Be part of THREE Undefeated teams and has been a part of more Championship teams. ('04 Auburn, '05 Texas, '10 Auburn).  BOOM!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2011, 02:10:12 AM »
Coach Chizik has been able to accomplish something that little nicky hasn't been able to do.  Be part of THREE Undefeated teams and has been a part of more Championship teams. ('04 Auburn, '05 Texas, '10 Auburn).  BOOM!!!
:playoff:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2011, 07:59:15 AM »
Actually, Gus has fixed all the coaches up with a bag that allows them to pee freely any time, day or night.  The urine is then filtered and returned to the body via intravenous means, also reducing the time that each staff member has to waster drinking fluids every day.  This allows them to be more efficient in their daily lives.

His suit is fitted desert fashion.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:14:39 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2011, 08:07:08 AM »
I guess I can stop holding my breath...until next Halloween, LMAO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2011, 08:19:13 AM »
I guess I can stop holding my breath...until next Halloween, LMAO.

As much shit as ya'll get wrong -- which is essentially everything -- you have no grounds to bag on a guy for missing one prediction. 

It's like certain people aren't allowed to make a statement that doesn't work out, but ya'll are allowed to get everything else wrong but then start chest thumping when you get ONE thing right. 

What makes me the sickest is all the comments I've seen where some douche will drag up an old Clay Travis article or an old piece from Scarbinsky or whoever and start gigging them for being wrong about Chizik.  Well guess what, fuckersnickle, you were wrong too you just didn't have the guts to put your thoughts out in public. You sat in your basement and waited so that whatever happened you could claim to be right. 

I'd rather have a hundred GWs who at least have the stones to risk being wrong than even one of the sit on their hands fudgepackers who pretend they knew all along after the fact.  That's weak. 

And let me just add for the record that wrong is a relative term anyway.  Wrong about early success?  Yeah.  Nobody can argue that.  Although I did say that the worst thing that could happen would be for him to have success early because that leaves him entrenched and it would take dynamite to make a change should the wheels fall off.

I don't think ANYBODY knows yet what the long-term results are going to be. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:23:20 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2011, 08:25:21 AM »
I don't think ANYBODY knows yet what the long-term results are going to be.

We are gonna mine the spice and the Draconians will die by our hand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2011, 09:01:34 AM »
We really should have a library of Kaos adjectives, adverbs and pronouns. Fuckersnickle could be added to the collection. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2011, 09:37:49 AM »
So.  How many championships does Stoops have?

Oklahoma has won more games since 2000 than any bcs conference team. They've beaten those teams you listed the majority of the time. Nice try though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2011, 09:52:57 AM »
Oklahoma has won more games since 2000 than any bcs conference team. They've beaten those teams you listed the majority of the time. Nice try though.

A monkey could win games in the big 12.  Two half ass decent teams and 10 homecoming opponents. 

Total wins is meaningless unless you are comparing almonds to almonds.  Stoops wouldn't do any better than Tuberville in the SEC.  I say he does substantially worse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2011, 10:08:43 AM »
A monkey could win games in the big 12. 

Are you calling Tuberville a monkey? Is it because of the ears?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2011, 10:26:16 AM »
We are gonna mine the spice and the Draconians will die by our hand.

The spice must flow!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.