Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jay Jacobs is a smart man...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Jay Jacobs is a smart man...
« on: February 11, 2011, 06:21:09 PM »
When asked a question about when did he know Gene Chizik was the right man for the job...."When he left Auburn after the '04 season."

It was time for some new Championship blood.  Thank Goodness.

Pat Dye definitely approves

Now in two short years, Coach Chizik has done what no Coach, except for Shug, has and brought home the National Championship.  He did it with WORK, HARD WORK (Not off hunting and doing shit like that every year).

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Jay Jacobs is a smart man...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 06:37:01 PM »
You just can't let it go. There is no excuse for the bull shit shots...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 07:28:15 PM »
When asked a question about when did he know Gene Chizik was the right man for the job...."When he left Auburn after the '04 season."

Now in two short years, Coach Chizik has done what no Coach, except for Shug, has and brought home the National Championship.  He did it with WORK, HARD WORK (Not off hunting and doing shit like that every year).

:classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 12:38:36 AM »
You just can't let it go. There is no excuse for the bull shit shots...

How is that a shot? This is exactly what is recorded and what happen. You only think it is a shot because you think....
wait, what does this mean Prowler; 
(Not off hunting and doing shit like that every year).

:poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 07:46:21 AM »
You know who else hated Tubs?  The Nazis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 07:48:57 AM »
You know who else hated Tubs?  The Nazis.

If he had recruited better, WWII never would have happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 10:20:35 AM »
You clowns just won't give up. 

I've tried to be reasonable and fair.  But you seriously can't sit there and claim that one season gives Chizik any kind of legitimacy. 

Cam Newton and Gus Malzahn made this happen.  Chizik was a bystander.  God help us when Gus takes the bus elsewhere. 

I said he did a good job managing the Cam situation, but really all he did was not say anything.  That's not really so hard when you think about it. 

One of the things Greasyweasel said was that the worse thing that could happen was for Auburn to have early success under Chizik because it would be that much harder to get rid of him when the wheels fell off.  Now it's going to take a crowbar.   Maybe he was a bammer like some of you insist, but he at least could see things objectively.  His vision wasn't clouded by a spray of Chiz jizz. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 10:29:16 AM »
You clowns just won't give up. 

I've tried to be reasonable and fair.  But you seriously can't sit there and claim that one season gives Chizik any kind of legitimacy. 

Cam Newton and Gus Malzahn made this happen.  Chizik was a bystander.  God help us when Gus takes the bus elsewhere. 

I said he did a good job managing the Cam situation, but really all he did was not say anything.  That's not really so hard when you think about it. 

One of the things Greasyweasel said was that the worse thing that could happen was for Auburn to have early success under Chizik because it would be that much harder to get rid of him when the wheels fell off.  Now it's going to take a crowbar.   Maybe he was a bammer like some of you insist, but he at least could see things objectively.  His vision wasn't clouded by a spray of Chiz jizz.

Dude.....you guys are doing exactly what was intended in this thread. I'm not gonna take any cheap shots here at Tubs because I really don't dislike him that much. I just do it to poke at you. But seriously, anytime you respond to something like this, I'm certain you are giving Prowler exactly what he wants. He would even tell you that. My advice would be just NOT to respond at all if it bothers you.

And I'm gonna have to disagree with you on GW. That guy was as far from objective as can be. That guy was just as much "against Chizik" no matter what, as Prowler is "for Chizik". He was probably worse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 10:33:13 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 11:00:44 AM »
And I'm gonna have to disagree with you on GW. That guy was as far from objective as can be. That guy was just as much "against Chizik" no matter what, as Prowler is "for Chizik". He was probably worse.

So one loon crying in the wilderness is okay, but an equal and opposite loon to counterbalance isn't wanted? 

At least GW wasn't all "ooh RAH" about everything.  He made some sense from time to time.  And who's to say he was wrong anyway?  Is there enough evidence to prove it yet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 11:09:14 AM »
So one loon crying in the wilderness is okay, but an equal and opposite loon to counterbalance isn't wanted? 

At least GW wasn't all "ooh RAH" about everything.  He made some sense from time to time.  And who's to say he was wrong anyway?  Is there enough evidence to prove it yet?

Prowler is out there in one direction....GW is out there in the other direction.

Then there is the fact that besides being out there in his opinion on Chizik and our FB program, GW is a plain certified nut anyway in general. Read how the guy writes. Dude is flat out apocalyptic. And has NEVER...repeat, NEVER been right. The October 31, 2009 prediction was the best one. He was "privy" to information we didn't have. What the fuck ever. Dude was a troll. Prowler is crazy, out there, annoying sometimes? Yes.....but he's not a troll. GW attempted/would attempt to inflict strife even in the best of times amongst fans on this board and other boards. To me, thats the #1 symptom of being a troll. 

I wouldn't take a liking to GW just because he shares your opinion of Prowler. In this case, the enemy of your enemy should not be your friend. Just my opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 12:34:01 PM »

I want to hear greasyweasal's take on all of this...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 01:16:36 PM »

He won't show up around here. He knows that we are better of with Chizik and the influential Pat Dye hanging around the program...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 01:17:10 PM »

You should never go full tard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 01:22:39 PM »
You should never go full tard.

Listen to this man.  He's pre.....pre...oh hell, that bitch in his avatar can flat out shake it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 01:39:38 PM »
Look around you. We win a championship finally but...

About half of us are afraid to celebrate too much because in the back of our mind we worry that it WILL get taken away. 

Tubs leaves and within TWO YEARS we are dealing with rumor after rumor of problems. We didn't hear any of that for ten years under Tuberville.  He kept the goon squad at arms length. Would you see Tim Jackson standing next to Tuberville on the sidelines? Talking to him during games? No.

ESPN poll showed 68% of the country thinks the title is tainted. Not a single state did not.

GW was right about the stench that would come. So he missed so far on the Armageddon predictions. What if he is right but has the timing wrong.

Some of you are hypocrites.  You have no opinion but whatever is the current trend and you waffle all over people who DO express an opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 01:45:55 PM »

About half of us are afraid to celebrate too much because in the back of our mind we worry that it WILL get taken away. 

Tubs leaves and within TWO YEARS we are dealing with rumor after rumor of problems. We didn't hear any of that for ten years under Tuberville.  He kept the goon squad at arms length. Would you see Tim Jackson standing next to Tuberville on the sidelines? Talking to him during games? No.

ESPN poll showed 68% of the country thinks the title is tainted. Not a single state did not.

GW was right about the stench that would come. So he missed so far on the Armageddon predictions. What if he is right but has the timing wrong.

Some of you are hypocrites.  You have no opinion but whatever is the current trend and you waffle all over people who DO express an opinion.
I want more of his predictions, unless he is a frightened little puss...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 01:56:56 PM »

I see you have been listening to f bomb and shane.

And of course most of the country thinks that. It's college football. Everyone hates everyone. Most cfb fans want to see the demise of every other team out there but their own.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 02:08:13 PM »

I pretty much think every national championship ever has been tainted.  Including whoever won the first ever one. 

You know who else hated Chizik?  The Nazis (and GW).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 02:09:36 PM by AU_Tiger_2000 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 02:08:57 PM »
Tuberville just had the Yella-Fella barking in his ears on the sidelines.  Bottom line, I loved CTT and was pumped when we hired him.  Wanted the guy to succeed and he did, way more than fail.  A variety of reasons snowballed to point to it being time to go.  I had no problem with that and wish the guy well. 

I hear what you're saying about the rest of the country thinking the MNC is tainted.  I blame the media, plain and simple.  Cam's popularity and overall charisma were starting to peak when the story broke.  90% plus of the major sports media outlets, ESPin being at the forefront all bellowed, "Trouble at AUBURN".  I concede that any casual fan would make the logical assumption that since Cecil axed MSU, Auburn must have outbid.  I get it.

However, after 5 different entities, whose job it is to investigate these situations, did their jobs and basically closed the books after finding Auburn guilty of absolutely nothing, that same media refused or somehow neglected to stop pointing the accusing finger at our school.  Chizik and Co. did nothing to deserve that kind of bad pub and scrutiny.  But they did do the absolute best thing they could have done.  They said Auburn did nothing wrong.  Cam is eligible and we're going to shut the hell up and focus on winning a MNC.  Which in my opinion, was an unbelievable job under that kind of pressure.

This staff may not be the greatest conglomeration of coaches ever assembled, but they have been consistent with one thing since coming to AU...they've been extremely aggressive in everything they've done, which sounds very similar to a certain school located a bit northwest of Auburn.  And while a myriad of accusations come out every year about how Lord Saybinz bumped this, Chargered that, Laptopped over here and remodeled some kitchenz under there, they've stayed aggressive as hell and kept on winning.  This staff looks to be following the same pattern and I'm happy as hell about that. 

When you're on top, everybody will take shots.  As many have said, if we lose to Clemson or South Carolina or drop that one at UK....the Cam Newton "Pay for play" story is nothing more than an occasional scroll across the ticker on ESPin. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."