Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jay Jacobs is a smart man...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Jay Jacobs is a smart man...
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 02:20:31 PM »
Tuberville just had the Yella-Fella barking in his ears on the sidelines.  Bottom line, I loved CTT and was pumped when we hired him.  Wanted the guy to succeed and he did, way more than fail.  A variety of reasons snowballed to point to it being time to go.  I had no problem with that and wish the guy well. 

I hear what you're saying about the rest of the country thinking the MNC is tainted.  I blame the media, plain and simple.  Cam's popularity and overall charisma were starting to peak when the story broke.  90% plus of the major sports media outlets, ESPin being at the forefront all bellowed, "Trouble at AUBURN".  I concede that any casual fan would make the logical assumption that since Cecil axed MSU, Auburn must have outbid.  I get it.

However, after 5 different entities, whose job it is to investigate these situations, did their jobs and basically closed the books after finding Auburn guilty of absolutely nothing, that same media refused or somehow neglected to stop pointing the accusing finger at our school.  Chizik and Co. did nothing to deserve that kind of bad pub and scrutiny.  But they did do the absolute best thing they could have done.  They said Auburn did nothing wrong.  Cam is eligible and we're going to shut the hell up and focus on winning a MNC.  Which in my opinion, was an unbelievable job under that kind of pressure.

This staff may not be the greatest conglomeration of coaches ever assembled, but they have been consistent with one thing since coming to AU...they've been extremely aggressive in everything they've done, which sounds very similar to a certain school located a bit northwest of Auburn.  And while a myriad of accusations come out every year about how Lord Saybinz bumped this, Chargered that, Laptopped over here and remodeled some kitchenz under there, they've stayed aggressive as hell and kept on winning.  This staff looks to be following the same pattern and I'm happy as hell about that. 

When you're on top, everybody will take shots.  As many have said, if we lose to Clemson or South Carolina or drop that one at UK....the Cam Newton "Pay for play" story is nothing more than an occasional scroll across the ticker on ESPin. 

Once.  He had that once at Arkansas.  That tubby yellow bastard was romping up and down the sidelines. 

Tuberville put his ass in the stands where he belonged after that incident.  It was the beginning of the end for him if you want to know the truth.   You can't stand up to the Cabal. 

So explain to me how in ten years -- most of them good -- we had decent recruiting, beat every SEC team more than we lost to them (I think) but didn't have even a whiff of NCAA scrutiny and now two years into the Chizik era there's a huge national cloud floating around.

Is that a good thing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 02:34:07 PM »
I want more of his predictions, unless he is a frightened little puss...

Why the hell would he come back?  Nobody wants to hear a differing opinion all you want is sheep bleating. 

I'd welcome the alternative viewpoint. I didn't always agree with him, but he had every right to express it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 02:51:48 PM »
Once.  He had that once at Arkansas.  That tubby yellow bastard was romping up and down the sidelines. 

Tuberville put his ass in the stands where he belonged after that incident.  It was the beginning of the end for him if you want to know the truth.   You can't stand up to the Cabal. 

So explain to me how in ten years -- most of them good -- we had decent recruiting, beat every SEC team more than we lost to them (I think) but didn't have even a whiff of NCAA scrutiny and now two years into the Chizik era there's a huge national cloud floating around.

Is that a good thing?

I guess that depends...

Do we have a huge national cloud floating around because...

A) ...we can attract major league level talent and play on a high enough level that even the smallest hint of impropriety gets blown all out of proportion(then it is a good thing)

B) ...we are blatantly cheating (not a good thing).

As for me, I think we are on the level of A.  The evidence of that is the way the story of Cecil daring to show up at the stadium where his son was playing for the national championship.  That's big news?  That's a scandal?  That's lack of institutional control?  That was the media trying to come up with something to nail Auburn with, mostly because we have been an easy target for that sort of thing in the past.

The difference between the Tubs grades for no work scandal and the Chizik pay for play scandal is that when the grades for no work scandal came out the nation yawned because at that time nobody cared about Auburn and nobody outside of Auburn fans had ever heard of the players implicated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 02:58:58 PM »
Totally agree that Tubs never got caught.  The boy was good.  Gotta' give him props.

I still have to give this staff a complete pass on the national cloud thing until I hear something, anything more than Shane saying they must have.  Cam thrust himself into the spotlight with his stature, his ability, his play and equally important, his charisma and leadership.  He was an easy target and Auburn was along for the ride whether they wanted to be or not.  The finger has been pointed squarely at Auburn when there hasn't been even one shred of evidence to remotely suggest they did anything wrong. 

This is no knock on Tubs at all..but what did 10 years of a perceived clean program get us? Sounds like a crazy question and I certainly want our staff to run a clean program.  However, as soon as this allegation broke, it was like taking a time machine back to 1993. Auburn was again being ripped as the dirtiest program in history, blah blah blah. Point being, Auburn and just about anyone in the SEC who is accused of indiscretion, is going to automatically fall into the same group of dirty SEC programs.  It's the norm for us.  The way the game is played down south according to the rest of the country.

Except Miss. State. Nobody likes Miss. State.  Nobody 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 03:53:44 PM »
Funny...I haven't seen greaseybammer post anything since we won the SEC Championship Game, hmmm.  I doubt he'll post his love about Coach Dye, Coach Chizik, Jacobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 04:00:09 PM »
Funny...I haven't seen greaseybammer post anything since we won the SEC Championship Game, hmmm.  I doubt he'll post his love about Coach Dye, Coach Chizik, Jacobs.

For the love of all that is holy, please don't encourage him to come back - the board is so much better without  all his blather and gloom and doom - especially when it was delivered from a "My family is in the know because we are so important" pedastal.  We all know how much I love that kind of bombastic bullshit, especially when it is just that - BULLSHIT.  He is a lying sack of dung and a closet bammer.  Fuck him.  I hope he stays gone FOREVER, unless he comes back long enough for me to once again tell him to take a flying fuck at an angry beehive, and THEN leave.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2011, 04:22:19 PM »
You're right, Wench, greasey is too big of a pussy to come back now anyway, especially now since Auburn won the National Championship and since the NCAA President has come out saying that no money changed hands, Cam didn't know about the deal & Auburn's hands have been clean the whole time.  He's probably still holding out hope on the Milton McGregor case, eventhough MM's Lawyer has stated that the FBI doesn't have anything on tape regarding Auburn or their players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 04:30:09 PM »
You're right, Wench, greasey is too big of a pussy to come back now anyway, especially now since Auburn won the National Championship and since the NCAA President has come out saying that no money changed hands, Cam didn't know about the deal & Auburn's hands have been clean the whole time.  He's probably still holding out hope on the Milton McGregor case, eventhough MM's Lawyer has stated that the FBI doesn't have anything on tape regarding Auburn or their players.

Why would he come back?  Seriously.  Offer an opinion counter to the herd here and it's mob rule. Nobody interested in anything resembling the truth unless it's sunshine pumped out the ass. 

I don't think he was unreasonable.  I'm sure he'd admit to being surprised at where things are now, but I bet you anything that he can feel the same sick disturbance in the force that others do. 

I know I'm sick of it.  The dude at Chick Fil A this morning saw my Auburn shirt and asked me how much we paid for a national title?  The fucking counter dork said it.  And that's the question.  Was it worth it, whether we did anything or not the perceptions there.  We've upset that applecart and it is going to be a war.   Oh, I demanded my money back from CfA.  They hate any kind of disturbance.  I got an apology and a week's worth of free sammiches.  Yah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 04:47:05 PM »
I don't know, debating is one thing but GW never debated..never offered up anything to support his position.  And that position was, "I know stuff....and the end is near".

Can't tell you what that stuff is.  Just trust me, the very foundations of heaven and earth will crumble at Chiziks feet and the Auburn we knew will forever be.....

I know stuff

See here's the thing.  I don't have any illusions about Chiz or Lord Saybinz or Mack Brown or Frank Graftychin Beamer.  It's a dirty business and shit goes on at every program.  But, for God's sake, throw me a frickin' bone if you're telling me that the entire world will collapse under the weight of the evil one and you're all lemmings for worshipping at the Chiz alter. I need more than I know stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 04:51:27 PM »
I don't know, debating is one thing but GW never debated..never offered up anything to support his position.  And that position was, "I know stuff....and the end is near".

Can't tell you what that stuff is.  Just trust me, the very foundations of heaven and earth will crumble at Chiziks feet and the Auburn we knew will forever be.....

I know stuff

See here's the thing.  I don't have any illusions about Chiz or Lord Saybinz or Mack Brown or Frank Graftychin Beamer.  It's a dirty business and shit goes on at every program.  But, for God's sake, throw me a frickin' bone if you're telling me that the entire world will collapse under the weight of the evil one and you're all lemmings for worshipping at the Chiz alter. I need more than I know stuff.

I'd explain it to you, but I know stuff.  Sworn to secrecy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »
I'd explain it to you, but I know stuff.  Sworn to secrecy.

I knew it.  Closet bammer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 04:56:06 PM »
Why would he come back?  Seriously.  Offer an opinion counter to the herd here and it's mob rule. Nobody interested in anything resembling the truth unless it's sunshine pumped out the ass. 

He didn't offer an opinion counter to the herd - he flat out stated for the record that Chiz was the anti-Christ, end of discussion, and oh, by the way, we should just blindly believe him because he might or might not be the scion of a longtime Auburn family with names on campus bathroom stalls and urinals and such...  it was only an "against the herd" mentality because he never could convince enough people to set aside their common sense and blindly join HIS herd...  This is more of a case of the herd banding together to drive out the weakest link, to shun and exlile the genetic misfit that was making life intolerable for the rest of the group.

If hoping that asshole stays gone makes me part of the herd mentality, then baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 05:02:05 PM »
If hoping that asshole stays gone makes me part of the herd mentality, then baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Wouldn't do that too loudly around here.  It's like a mating call to some of these guys. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 05:04:53 PM »
Wouldn't do that too loudly around here.  It's like a mating call to some of these guys.

Who dat' call my name?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »
He didn't offer an opinion counter to the herd - he flat out stated for the record that Chiz was the anti-Christ, end of discussion, and oh, by the way, we should just blindly believe him because he might or might not be the scion of a longtime Auburn family with names on campus bathroom stalls and urinals and such...  it was only an "against the herd" mentality because he never could convince enough people to set aside their common sense and blindly join HIS herd...  This is more of a case of the herd banding together to drive out the weakest link, to shun and exlile the genetic misfit that was making life intolerable for the rest of the group.

THIS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2011, 09:43:17 PM »
You'd think with Auburn landing their 2nd National Championship & their 2nd Top 5 Recruiting Class in a row, that greasey would be happy....also the NCAA President basically saying that Auburn is clear.  You'd think he'd be giddy with excitement of what Coach Chizik has been able to do in only his 2nd year at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2011, 09:59:39 PM »
You'd think with Auburn landing their 2nd National Championship & their 2nd Top 5 Recruiting Class in a row, that greasey would be happy....also the NCAA President basically saying that Auburn is clear.  You'd think he'd be giddy with excitement of what Coach Chizik has been able to do in only his 2nd year at Auburn.

8-5 and a win over Northwestern isn't a national championship.  Unless you're Alabama.  Then it's number 8. 

We have no idea where this is going to end up.   Chizik has been super fortunate up to now.  He didn't even want to recruit Cam. Think about that for a minute.  He had to be talked into pursuing the best player in the last 20 years for Auburn.  What does that tell you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 10:55:25 PM »
8-5 and a win over Northwestern isn't a national championship.  Unless you're Alabama.  Then it's number 8. 

We have no idea where this is going to end up.   Chizik has been super fortunate up to now.  He didn't even want to recruit Cam. Think about that for a minute.  He had to be talked into pursuing the best player in the last 20 years for Auburn.  What does that tell you?
Link?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 03:33:03 AM »

Conjecture...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!