Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Scarbinsky On Saban's Oversigning...

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Scarbinsky On Saban's Oversigning...
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2011, 11:59:29 AM »
Ridiculous. 

Coming out of HS, Fairley was listed as a TE/OL/DL prospect.   He didn't qualify and went juco where he entered the rotation on defense. 

He wasn't "recruited as" by either (and even if he was, that doesn't mean diddly shit because kids are constantly recruited at one position and end up somewhere else).

Unless you are actually Tommy Tuberville or Hugh Nall or Terry Price or one of the other assistants you cannot say with even a smidgen of accuracy how he would have been used at AU if Tuberville had stayed and he'd returned from juco, it Tuberville stayed and he didn't go juco, if Chizik had him and he hadn't gone juco. 

No shit, really? Put your glasses on an read my post a little better. Of course you can't read their mind but they are listed on the depth chart at some position, they are listed on the recruiting boards at some position, etc. As for Fairley, what I posted above is what he was listed as. So, without speculating, this is what a person on the outside looking in (that be us) has to go on.

A good example would be Quan Bray out of this years class. He is currently listed as a RB. Does that mean he will be used as a RB his whole career at Auburn? How the hell does anyone know but as for now we have to believe that this is where he will be used. Please explain further Kaos how this is not the only logical, non-"speculating" approach for a fan to take?

By the way, I know what you're doing and that is debate but it seems to me that your are debating yourself somewhat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2011, 12:05:37 PM »
No shit, really? Put your glasses on an read my post a little better. Of course you can't read their mind but they are listed on the depth chart at some position, they are listed on the recruiting boards at some position, etc. As for Fairley, what I posted above is what he was listed as. So, without speculating, this is what a person on the outside looking in (that be us) has to go on.

A good example would be Quan Bray out of this years class. He is currently listed as a RB. Does that mean he will be used as a RB his whole career at Auburn? How the hell does anyone know but as for now we have to believe that this is where he will be used. Please explain further Kaos how this is not the only logical, non-"speculating" approach for a fan to take?

By the way, I know what you're doing and that is debate but it seems to me that your are debating yourself somewhat.

Fail. 

You don't even know what you're talking about. 

You said depth charts could clear things up.  Fail. Fail. Fail. Fail.  The only way they could is if they can be used to predict the future with 100% accuracy. 

Nick was recruited as a TE/DL.  Says so on his profile.  Once again, unless you ARE Tuberville or one of his assistants you can't say how they might have used him -- or how that use might have changed once practice started. 

Fail. Fail. Faility. Fail on your part.

You're dismissed.  Please bring Prowler back to continue this.  He doesn't make any more sense and fails just as spectacularly, but at least he's aware that he's spewing inane bullshit and does it just for show.  You actually think you're crafting a cogent argument.  Yikes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2011, 12:07:01 PM »
Stupid to argue that you know where a kid will wind up.  All a coach has to do is say, hey kid, you're 3rd on the depth chart at tailback and we blow chunks in the secondary.  You WILL go over there and start getting reps at corner at practice tomorrow.

Although, I'm just speculating about what a coach might say.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:07:46 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2011, 12:10:11 PM »
Stupid to argue that you know where a kid will wind up.  All a coach has to do is say, hey kid, you're 3rd on the depth chart at tailback and we blow chunks in the secondary.  You WILL go over there and start getting reps at corner at practice tomorrow.

Although, I'm just speculating about what a coach might say.

I think if you'll just consult an Ouija board that will clear everything up.  Then again, you just like to argue. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #224 on: February 10, 2011, 12:19:54 PM »
I think if you'll just consult an Ouija board that will clear everything up.  Then again, you just like to argue.

Only b/c he cares so much.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:26:09 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2011, 12:23:22 PM »
Please see Jumbo for your annual quote function tutorial
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2011, 12:23:51 PM »
He got 23'd.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2011, 12:33:44 PM »
He got 23'd.

We need a new emoticon.

GF, make it be...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #228 on: February 10, 2011, 12:43:33 PM »
Please see Jumbo for your annual quote function tutorial

Yes, the next class he host I will sign up for......speaking of which, is there something up with the board today?  It seems a bit slow for some reason and I am getting time out errors where I can't connect to the server.  Could be on my end, but I haven't noticed it on other sites.     

This:

The connection has timed out
The server at www.tigersx.com is taking too long to respond.

*   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:11:10 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2011, 12:44:33 PM »
We need a new emoticon.

GF, make it be...

I'm still waiting on the Tuberville face palm emoticon.  Hold your horses. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2011, 12:56:52 PM »
I vote for this also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2011, 01:08:20 PM »
:dead:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2011, 01:13:55 PM »
Fail. 

You don't even know what you're talking about. 

You said depth charts could clear things up.  Fail. Fail. Fail. Fail.  The only way they could is if they can be used to predict the future with 100% accuracy. 

Nick was recruited as a TE/DL.  Says so on his profile.  Once again, unless you ARE Tuberville or one of his assistants you can't say how they might have used him -- or how that use might have changed once practice started. 

Fail. Fail. Faility. Fail on your part.

You're dismissed.  Please bring Prowler back to continue this.  He doesn't make any more sense and fails just as spectacularly, but at least he's aware that he's spewing inane bullshit and does it just for show.  You actually think you're crafting a cogent argument.  Yikes.

Does it say so on his profile? His original profile out of hs?

TE...now that would be fun to watch. Seriously.

rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Nick-Fairley-46796;_ylt=Akv.ro0qsJPX7qHFahe6_HY5rJB4

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:35:50 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2011, 01:21:26 PM »
I was recruited to Auburn by Baseball Coach, Paul Nix, as a pitcher. 

Then after I enrolled and went through Fall Practice, he said I sucked.  I thought I was really good and he said no....you really do suck.  So see? You can't really speculate.

Yes but were you on your knees when he said this?  Context could be everything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2011, 01:32:50 PM »
Does it say so on his profile? His original profile out of hs?

TE...now that would be fun to watch. Seriously.

Scout profile.  Says OL/DL and projects him as an OG. 

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2425827

Then it talks about his work at TE.  He was used primarily as a blocker but caught five passes for 150 yards.  Also played DE in HS, not tackle.

I guess if you want to give credit to anybody you should give it to the coaches at Co-Lin.  They moved him to defense.  Also moved him from end to tackle I assume.  Wonder if they did that at Tuberville's behest since Chizik wasn't in the picture at the time?  Hmmm. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2011, 01:35:34 PM »
Yes but were you on your knees when he said this?  Context could be everything.

You know, had I thought about getting on my knees, I might have been something.  I coulda' been a contender.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2011, 01:50:24 PM »
We need a new emoticon.

GF, make it be...
:23:

and we have a face palm emoticon
 :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2011, 02:01:04 PM »
:23:

and we have a face palm emoticon
 :facepalm:
I dig the 23'd. I see what you did there with the black & white. Nice touch.

Still would prefer the Tuberville facepalm for the sake of uniqueness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #238 on: February 10, 2011, 02:06:45 PM »

Yes I did say the depth chart would clear it up and I agree you have to predict the future to see where a player will end up. I am not suggesting anyone predict the future. I am suggesting the only way you know what a coach has in store for a particular player at the present time is by looking at a damn depth chart or roster. Sure those position labels may change but until they do, that is the only thing you as a fan has to go on. You do know a coach has the final say in what position a kid is listed as right? So when rosters come out, it would be safe to say that you know what the coach has in store for that kid for the time being. No you don't know what the coach is thinking but you know what he has agreed on putting on paper officially. Is that not one of the purposes of a roster is to let the fans know what position a kid plays? So, if you go back to any roster or chart that has any given player, from new signees to seniors, what you see has that kids position and is what the coach agrees to release to the fans.

Other than that, you telling me that a coach has no fucking clue what is being printed and given to the fans; there names, numbers, positions, etc? Who does the guy in charge of the rosters charts and gameday material get his info from the fucking garbage man? I guess he just puts whatever he wants to on there?

Again, I never said to predict anything, I said look to the roster from the coaches, past or present, to see what the coaches plans for that kid at that given time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2011, 02:09:14 PM »
Depth charts.  Ur doin' it wrong.

Lord Saybinz haz kno depth charts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions