Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Scarbinsky On Saban's Oversigning...

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Scarbinsky On Saban's Oversigning...
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2011, 02:09:16 PM »
Yes I did say the depth chart would clear it up and I agree you have to predict the future to see where a player will end up. I am not suggesting anyone predict the future. I am suggesting the only way you know what a coach has in store for a particular player at the present time is by looking at a damn depth chart or roster. Sure those position labels may change but until they do, that is the only thing you as a fan has to go on. You do know a coach has the final say in what position a kid is listed as right? So when rosters come out, it would be safe to say that you know what the coach has in store for that kid for the time being. No you don't know what the coach is thinking but you know what he has agreed on putting on paper officially. Is that not one of the purposes of a roster is to let the fans know what position a kid plays? So, if you go back to any roster or chart that has any given player, from new signees to seniors, what you see has that kids position and is what the coach agrees to release to the fans.

Other than that, you telling me that a coach has no fucking clue what is being printed and given to the fans; there names, numbers, positions, etc? Who does the guy in charge of the rosters charts and gameday material get his info from the fucking garbage man? I guess he just puts whatever he wants to on there?

Again, I never said to predict anything, I said look to the roster from the coaches, past or present, to see what the coaches plans for that kid at that given time.

God. Damn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2011, 02:11:19 PM »
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:11:55 PM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2011, 02:19:48 PM »
Anyone notice the title of this thread?

BTW - welcome back Kaos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2011, 02:23:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
Re: I Don't Think We Are In Kansas Anymore
« Reply #244 on: February 10, 2011, 02:28:15 PM »
Anyone notice the title of this thread?

BTW - welcome back Kaos.

now if  only Galen would come back, we could discuss how much success & how quickly  Notre Dame is going to return to relevancy.

:poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

GH2001

Re: I Don't Think We Are In Kansas Anymore
« Reply #245 on: February 10, 2011, 02:35:14 PM »
now if  only Galen would come back, we could discuss how much success & how quickly  Notre Dame is going to return to relevancy.

:poke:

I think nd is right on track with what Kao....I mean Galen said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #246 on: February 10, 2011, 02:35:54 PM »
blah, blah, blah....I am suggesting the only way you know what a coach has in store for a particular player at the present time is by looking at a damn depth chart or roster. ...blah, blah, blah

And again... your suggestion is a failure. 

The original concept is that "Tuberville would have used Fairley on the OL."

Let me see if I can clear it up for you. 

NO MOTHERFUCKING DEPTH CHART, NO LIST OF PROSPECTS, NO MOTHERFUCKING OUIJA BOARD, NOT EVEN FUCKING NOSTRADAMUS CAN STATE THAT WITH ANY DEGREE OF CERTAINTY.  ALL ANYBODY CAN DO IS GUESS. 

Fuck dude, you're horrible at this.  Please.  Give up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #247 on: February 10, 2011, 03:11:13 PM »
How many Offensive Linemen move over to the Defense?  Not that many.  Maybe a handful in NCAA history & one was a player at West Alabama...he moved from OT to NG (Cliff Cobb 6'10" 455lbs+).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #248 on: February 10, 2011, 03:19:29 PM »
How many Offensive Linemen move over to the Defense?  Not that many.  Maybe a handful in NCAA history & one was a player at West Alabama...he moved from OT to NG (Cliff Cobb 6'10" 455lbs+).

To Cliff Cobb  :bar:

As was said earlier, CTT's staff did far more changing of DL's to OL.  I think Andrew McCain might be the exception. He played everything except color commentator.  I thnk one thing to look at is how many started on one side of the ball and actually got a shot and then were moved...out of necessity or just re-evaluating that player's strengths.

I imagine AJ Greene would be an example of them saying, you're never going to see the field much on D so beef up 20 pounds or so and try it at tackle.  He was on D for several years.  McCain came in as about a 240 pound TE if memory serves.  He was moved to DE then eventually to offensive tackle.  Goggans went the other way. I thought the guy had promise at TE but turned out his forte was teh tackling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #249 on: February 10, 2011, 03:21:10 PM »

How many Auburn teams in the last 20 years won the national championship? 

Oh, I guess that means Auburn couldn't possibly win it in 2010. 

Logical fail, Prowler.  You have no idea in the world how many players in NCAA history were recruited for offense and moved to defense.  None.  More bullshit. 

Come back and let me know in ten years after you've completed a historical analysis of every player ever recruited who played offense in high school.  You must take into account that most high schoolers play both ways so you'll have to guess which way they would be directed in college... oh wait... you can't. 

Fail. 

And for the last time as it pertains to Fairley, he moved to defense at Co-Lin.   Since he was an AU recruit -- a Tuberville recruit -- did it ever occur to you that they were told/asked to work him on defense BY the Auburn staff that placed him there? 

It's a total loss, Prowler.  A complete fail on your part.  Nice try, though.  You'll have to find other rocks to throw at Tuberville.  Maybe you don't like his new hairdo.  Most don't.  Try that as an avenue of attack.   

I'm done now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #250 on: February 10, 2011, 03:28:15 PM »
I would like to go back to a point made about Fairleys JUCO coaches. They obviously picked up on the fact that he could be a mean ass DL, which I sure glad they did. It reminds me of Karlos Dansby. Recruited as a WR but left Auburn as bad ass LB, who is still taking heads off in the NFL. Both of these are great examples of how one has no clue how a player will end up. I'd say these two are pretty damn happy about that change of postion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #251 on: February 10, 2011, 03:31:34 PM »
The original concept is that "Tuberville would have used Fairley on the OL."

No, the original concept was a discussion of how Saban signed 56 and two/thirds players to fill openings in a roster of 85-or-maybe-less-or-maybe-more-spots-but-that-number-is-a-secret-so-fuck-off, and how he got pissy when someone challenged it at a presser.

So all y'all FAIL.

Sheeeeeit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #252 on: February 10, 2011, 03:32:22 PM »
You'll have to find other rocks to throw at Tuberville.  Maybe you don't like his new hairdo.  Most don't.  Try that as an avenue of attack.   

Amen, I would like to discuss this, I mean who is his fucking barber Howie Long?  He needs to go back to the "do" he has in your avatar.  It covers the ears.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #253 on: February 10, 2011, 03:34:41 PM »
I would like to go back to a point made about Fairleys JUCO coaches. They obviously picked up on the fact that he could be a mean ass DL, which I sure glad they did. It reminds me of Karlos Dansby. Recruited as a WR but left Auburn as bad ass LB, who is still taking heads off in the NFL. Both of these are great examples of how one has no clue how a player will end up. I'd say these two are pretty damn happy about that change of postion.

Don't be ridiculous.  No player ever recruited for offense transitions to defense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #254 on: February 10, 2011, 03:40:39 PM »
Don't be ridiculous.  No player ever recruited for offense transitions to defense.

Damn it Kaos. Look at the depth chart.  :poke:

It would be interesting to see the % of percentage of success from moving one side of the ball to the other, but I'm not gonna be the one going through that shit. I would have to say it would be easier to transition from offense to defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #255 on: February 10, 2011, 03:58:13 PM »
No, the original concept was a discussion of how Saban signed 56 and two/thirds players to fill openings in a roster of 85-or-maybe-less-or-maybe-more-spots-but-that-number-is-a-secret-so-fuck-off, and how he got pissy when someone challenged it at a presser.

So all y'all FAIL.

Sheeeeeit...

Yeah, I said that above as well in fewer words.

And to snaggles post to Cliff Cobb.......helluva guy. I'd drink with Cliff Cobb anyday.

Legend has it that Nick and Cam have both sought the advice of Mr. Cobb.

Any man like Cliff Cobb, who can eat 52 goober pies in 1 sitting, gets the utmost respect. Knight the man already.

To Cliff Cobb!   :bar:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:00:38 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #256 on: February 10, 2011, 04:02:09 PM »
Yeah, I said that above as well in fewer words.

Mine was funnier but they paid attention to both of us equally well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #257 on: February 10, 2011, 04:22:03 PM »
And all equally missed the point.

Yes, yours was funnier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #258 on: February 10, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »

I speculated that Lord Saybinz would oversign this year.

To Cliff Cobb.  Helluva guy.   :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #259 on: February 10, 2011, 04:49:49 PM »
I speculated that Lord Saybinz would oversign this year.

To Cliff Cobb.  Helluva guy.   :bar:

Is Cliff Cobb on the depth chart?  :poke:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:50:25 PM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions