Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Houston beatdown

Token

Houston beatdown
« on: February 04, 2011, 09:48:29 PM »

Wow!!  I know the kid is a bitch who needed a good ass kicking, but that was waaaaaaay beyond justifiable.  I can certainly see why no officials wanted that video released.  Someone better have a damn good answer for the weak charges filed against the officers.

The "face down hands away from body" is a universal sign for shut it down.  Regardless what the kid did between the burglary and where it ended, if those guys can't control their emotions better than that, they are in the wrong business. 

And for the record, if the kid is awarded ANY monetary compensation from ANY lawsuit in this case, (and they shouldn't be) every penny should be awarded to the victim of the burglary.  Kid didn't deserve the ass whipping that took place after he surrendered, but he damn sure doesn't deserve any money from the City of Houston either. 

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:53:44 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Houston beatdown
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »
Would you STOP talking sense.  Please!!!

How is a dishonest lawyer like me gonna' make a living?  Answer that shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 03:14:29 PM »
Oh, it's a RACIAL thang, homie. Quannell X got the video from "unnamed sources" and released it in defiance of a court order keeping it from being released fear of tainting the jury pool.  I myself am PRAYING the judge has the stones to have him arrested for defying a lawful court order.

Cops fired. Probably going to jail for assault and use of oppressive force. Probably civil rights suits too. They are fucked. Sound like HPD did it all right the first time for a change.  The officers were all fired BEFORE  the video was released and the matter has been turned over to the DA's office to start criminal proceedings. What more could a reasonable person be expected to do?  Releasing the video now served no purpose other that to get that fucking race pimp in front of the cameras. 

Kid deserved an ass kicking but not like that.  Most people here see it that way too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 04:13:28 PM »
Kid deserved an ass kicking but not like that.  Most people here see it that way too.

You know, if he had grown up in Wadley, Alabama, he would have gotten some marks on his legs from yardsticks and fly swatters and saved himself this beating.

From the looks of things, he wasn't too smart to even try to run before that po-pop car clipped his legs out from under him.  He was pretty much hemmed up.  I don't know what transpired before this, but I think one or two blows should have been enough to get the pork's point across.  The kicks to teh head and what appeared to be betwixt his legs was a little overkill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 04:22:08 PM »
You know, if he had grown up in Wadley, Alabama, he would have gotten some marks on his legs from yardsticks and fly swatters and saved himself this beating.

From the looks of things, he wasn't too smart to even try to run before that po-pop car clipped his legs out from under him.  He was pretty much hemmed up.  I don't know what transpired before this, but I think one or two blows should have been enough to get the pork's point across.  The kicks to teh head and what appeared to be betwixt his legs was a little overkill.

You are wise beyond your tender years.  Let the schools beat dat ass and if mom and dad would go upside that head, more than half this stuff never happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 12:58:42 PM »
Wow....

That shit's gonna get a nasty-gram generated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 01:14:46 PM »
Cops fired. Probably going to jail for assault and use of oppressive force. Probably civil rights suits too. They are fucked. Sound like HPD did it all right the first time for a change.  The officers were all fired BEFORE  the video was released and the matter has been turned over to the DA's office to start criminal proceedings.

I didn't get that from the video.  I got that they'd been charged with a misdemeanor. 

Is there more info?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 03:19:16 PM »
I didn't get that from the video.  I got that they'd been charged with a misdemeanor. 

Is there more info?

No, you are correct - I was quoting from the news story I watched - I did not watch that particular video.  One "expert" opined that more serious charges could still be brought, but the D.A. - who is a useless piece of shit that was an appointed judge once and HAS NEVER EVEN BEEN A PROSECUTOR AND HAS NEVER EVEN TRIED A CASE AS AN ATTORNEY BUT WON BECAUSE SHE IS AN (R) - obviously disagrees with that expert's opinion.  She has trashed the HCDAO, and the resignations/nonsensical firings of top prosecutors has been like rats off a sinking ship. 

But I digress - the civil trials in this case will be a circus.

Houston's mayor and police department were on the defensive Friday, two days after graphic video came out showing several police repeatedly kicking and beating a 15-year-old burglary suspect as he lay on the ground.

An internal police investigation of the incident last March led to the firing of seven police officers, said spokesman John Cannon of the Houston police department.

Two successfully appealed and returned to their jobs, said Houston NAACP President D.Z. Cofield.

Five other officers were disciplined in other ways, Cannon said. And a Harris County grand jury indicted four of the officers this summer, based in part on the video.

Harris County District Attorney Patricia Lykos opposed the video becoming public and felt doing so might prejudice potential jurors and force the indicted officers' trials to be moved out of the county.

Quanell X, a local activist, got hold of the surveillance tape showing the scene outside a storage facility and gave it to the media.

He said he had every right to obtain the footage and make it public.

"I will show my people what they deserve to see, and let the public see what you don't want them to see," Quanell X said.   :taunt:

Mayor Annise Parker said the police leadership and city acted properly.

"I resent any implication that we were trying to hide the tape," she said.

After viewing the footage, Houston Police Chief Charles McClelland Jr. fired the seven officers and a grand jury called for misdemeanor charges against four of them in June.

Lykos told reporters Thursday there was not sufficient evidence to pursue more serious charges, such as aggravated assault.

"Without revealing what was presented to the grand jury, in order to have aggravated assault you have to have serious bodily injury or impairment or use of a deadly weapon," she said. "None of that was apparent in this case."

The tape, first shown Wednesday on CNN affiliate WTRK, shows the 15-year-old boy -- being chased by police and falling to the ground after being upended by a moving police car. He then falls face first and places his hands on the ground.

A disciplinary letter from McClelland, dated June 23 and posted online less than two weeks later by CNN affiliate HTRK, says that the boy had his hands behind his head and neck area, in an obvious position of surrender.

Then, the letter adds and the tape shows, Officer Raad Hassan "then ran toward (the boy) and kicked him a total of 15 times," then later kicked him more times in the groin area even after he "was handcuffed and no longer a threat."

Several other officers, repeatedly kicking and punching the 15-year-old, who barely moved the whole time.

Like Parker, the head of Houston's police union said the incident did not reflect on the make-up or usual activity of officers on the force.

"We have thousands of officers who do a great job every day and they're not involved in this," said Mark Clark, the union's executive director. "It's serious and it's a reflection on the department."

Cofield sharply criticized the police officers' actions as well as how civic leaders had handled the case afterward during a news conference Thursday. That includes officials' unwillingness to make the tape public.

"For us, what seems to be a tragedy (is) repeated one more time in Harris County," he said.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 06:06:58 PM »
Maybe I'm a bastard, but IMO, people like this Quanell X guy are just as racist as anybody. For that matter, I somewhat think the same of Jesse Jackson, et al. Maybe it's just the way they come across, I don't know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Token

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 08:03:26 PM »
Again, there should be no civil lawsuit, unless the monetary damages are paid to the victim(s) of the burglary. 

Kid shouldn't have got his ass whipped in that manner, but he also shouldn't be a dip shit.  Fire the officers. Convict the officers.  Convict the dip shit.  Case closed.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »
Can we confine cripkilla to this thread and this thread only. Irony, that is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 09:38:06 PM »
Maybe I'm a bastard, but IMO, people like this Quanell X guy are just as racist as anybody. For that matter, I somewhat think the same of Jesse Jackson, et al. Maybe it's just the way they come across, I don't know.

Not only is he the biggest racist in Houston next to the head of LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens) but he is extorting money at every turn from "his people".  He wears $4000 suits to press conferences in the hood, and charges between $5K and $10K to cover his "expenses" for showing up to protest your perceived injustice. 

He got exposed a few years ago when the old man shot the two robbers that were fleeing from his neighbor's house.  Quannel was on his way over there because the news was reporting the two guys were black, so imagine his surprise when he gets there and finds out they were illegal Hispanic immigrants... he turned around and left and not another peep was heard from him.

He is HORRID.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 09:39:24 PM »
Again, there should be no civil lawsuit, unless the monetary damages are paid to the victim(s) of the burglary. 

Kid shouldn't have got his ass whipped in that manner, but he also shouldn't be a dip shit.  Fire the officers. Convict the officers.  Convict the dip shit.  Case closed.

Oh, homie, his civil rights were violated, mmm hhmm, you know it, chile.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »

Kid shouldn't have got his ass whipped in that manner, but he also shouldn't be a dip poop.  Fire Praise the officers. Convict Reward the officers.  Convict the dip poop.  Case closed.

FTFY...  I'm sorry folks.  After watching this several times, there was just a little too much drama to that "beatdown".  Unless they can show some after pictures where the punks face is all swollen and bruised, I'm thinking there was a little too much exaggeration in the cops actions more to scare the skat out of the punk than to truly cause injury. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Token

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 11:00:18 PM »
FTFY...  I'm sorry folks.  After watching this several times, there was just a little too much drama to that "beatdown".  Unless they can show some after pictures where the punks face is all swollen and bruised, I'm thinking there was a little too much exaggeration in the cops actions more to scare the skat out of the punk than to truly cause injury.

So you are telling me that it is ok to stomp the fuck out of someone as long as I don't mark their face up?  I like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 09:40:47 AM »
So you are telling me that it is ok to stomp the phuk out of someone as long as I don't mark their face up?  I like. 

That's why I only beat my wife with a phone book.  It doesn't leave marks.  She can't prove anything. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 09:43:44 AM »
That's why I only beat my wife with a phone book.  It doesn't leave marks.  She can't prove anything.

I use a bag of sweet Valencia oranges.  It won't leave a bruise and they'll let 'em know who's boss. There's no doubt about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 09:44:20 AM »

Have her hold pillows while you punch her in the gut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 09:45:38 AM »
I use a bag of sweet Valencia oranges.  It won't leave a bruise and they'll let 'em know who's boss. There's no doubt about it.

Why not use a steak before marinating?  Two birds, one stone and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 10:05:43 AM »
I don't know. I think criminals have too many rights when it come to the police. It used to be if you ran, you were implying guilt and then you got your ass beat by the cops so that others knew not to run. But today, there is NO respect for cops and no one is EVER afraid of running. I mean what's the worst that could happen? You take an ass beating, the cops get fired, you get some petty charge dropped , and get rich off of a civil suit.

I think cops today must be lousy shots. They should train better so as to not waste their efforts, while shooting a running suspect in the leg. Hard to run with a bullet in the leg.

People say that we should not have to fear the cops, but is not fear and respect close to being hand in hand? Ever since the Rodney King BS, everyone thinks that the cops won't do anything for fear of a witness or a video. It should be mandatory that if you run, you get beat.

And all of this makes the cops assholes to the good people too. I would hate to be a cop. IF you did anything in the heat of the moment, it would be construed that you are a horrible person and should be put away. That is too much pressure for a guy/gal bringing home shit for pay. I could not do it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:06:23 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.