Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Houston beatdown

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Re: Houston beatdown
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2011, 04:21:31 PM »
It doesn't matter where they kicked him. It doesn't matter how hard they kicked him. It doesn't matter how many of them kicked him. The point I think you are missing is that things like this is what truly handicaps law enforcement. If poop like this did not happen, the advocates wouldn't have anything to reference to say "SEE, this is why officers need some sort of control!". If I did what those officers did to some random guy on the street, my ass would go to jail. I would get convicted, real quick. What makes them any better?

So, I'm with you to some degree, but the beatdown was a tactic to control the situation.  I've never disagreed that it was wrong, but I don't agree that it was the horrible beatdown that it appears to be in that video.  I'm not unreasonable...  If he was injured, fire the cops...  Get the tar and feathers out too... 

I don't understand. Do you think they were just kicking the ground, and acting like they were going to kick him? Acting like they were punching him? How much did he need to be subdued to effectively arrest him? He was on the ground, in a surrender position. 

They didn't know if he was armed.  They didn't know if he would make a break for it if given the opportunity.  I suspect that they overwhelmed him to gain the superior advantage.  We don't know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »
Anyone see how CM Punk and Nexus overwhelmed Randy Orton last night to gain an advantage?  They were trying to take out all the competitors prior to Wrestlemania.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2011, 04:32:40 PM »
Anyone see how CM Punk and Nexus overwhelmed Randy Orton last night to gain an advantage?  They were trying to take out all the competitors prior to Wrestlemania.

So did you get this kid to sign the paperwork yet?  He needs lawyers that care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2011, 04:42:02 PM »
So, I'm with you to some degree, but the beatdown was a tactic to control the situation.  I've never disagreed that it was wrong, but I don't agree that it was the horrible beatdown that it appears to be in that video.  I'm not unreasonable...  If he was injured, fire the cops...  Get the tar and feathers out too... 
Fire the cops regardless of whether he was "injured" or not. But, looking at the video, I would imagine he was feeling mighty sore the next day. It's only a matter of time until cops like that do it again. Then, whoever that guy's defense attorney is will totally dunk the case by using that video to establish a pattern. Keeping officers like that is a liability to their department, and the public.

They didn't know if he was armed.  They didn't know if he would make a break for it if given the opportunity.  I suspect that they overwhelmed him to gain the superior advantage.  We don't know.
Still, it doesn't matter if he was armed. Obviously they weren't concerned about that, otherwise they would have cuffed and searched him immediately. There would have been no making a break for it had they done that in the first place either. As it stands, dude damn near had 5 cops on top of him the second he hit the ground. The officer that hit him with the car made a perfect clip. Up until the guys came in and beat him down, you couldn't have planned a better well executed takedown. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GarMan

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2011, 04:44:17 PM »
There is no hope for you.

1. He was kicked in the face.  It is in the video.  Everyone can see it.  Either 1. You think the video is fake or 2. You didn't watch it.  Either way, you are a certifiable ard-tard to try to argue that fact.  It's as clear as day that you know you are wrong so you try to come up with that poop. 

There might be one kick that you could argue touched his face, but the majority of kicks were more towards the shoulder and maybe the back of the head.  You also cannot argue that these are full-force blows with an intention to cause any real injury.  You're just joining the overdramatic crowd (sheep) by emphasizing that he was being kicked in the face.  I don't see it, and I just watched the video again. 

2. Read what I wrote.  I didn't say he was kicked with steel boats.  I was using a metaphor to mock your obviously asinine argument. 

Just do us all a favor, be quiet and let the adults talk.  K.Thx. 

Adults?  Come on now...  Playing ass-to-mouth games with your SO doesn't make you an adult.  You drama-queens are all alike... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Token

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2011, 04:58:20 PM »
No ass kicking administered by the police after a chase is tactically carried out to scare the perp.  It's adrenalin, rage, and the sense of victory all rolled into one.  It's a full blown melee.  I guaren-fucking-tee not a single one of those guys held anything back.  Those officers lost their job, cast a bad image on their department, and may have hampered any other cases they made just because they couldn't show restraint.  All over a punk ass kid who probably would have been allowed to plead to theft 3rd instead of robbery so a pussy DA could keep the conviction rate up.

It's 2011.  As someone has already mentioned, cameras are EVERYWHERE.  If those guys are going to risk everything just so they could get the satisfaction of kicking this shit out of someone, they picked the wrong guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2011, 04:59:38 PM »
Fire the cops regardless of whether he was "injured" or not. But, looking at the video, I would imagine he was feeling mighty sore the next day. It's only a matter of time until cops like that do it again. Then, whoever that guy's defense attorney is will totally dunk the case by using that video to establish a pattern. Keeping officers like that is a liability to their department, and the public. 

Again, you're assuming that this beatdown was even legit.  Show me a swollen face...  a bruised ribcage...  other marks that he would have undoubtedlly received from this attack...  Those pics would have been just as horrific as the actual appearance of the beatdown if this was actually legit (as in full-force punches, kicks, etc.). 

Still, it doesn't matter if he was armed. Obviously they weren't concerned about that, otherwise they would have cuffed and searched him immediately. There would have been no making a break for it had they done that in the first place either. As it stands, dude damn near had 5 cops on top of him the second he hit the ground. The officer that hit him with the car made a perfect clip. Up until the guys came in and beat him down, you couldn't have planned a better well executed takedown. 

As I said...  We don't know...
- What the officers were thinking at the time...
- What they had experienced with this kid prior to this...
- What they had experienced in similar situations prior to this... 

You're talking about beat him down again like you know for certain that this kid was in the ICU for 3 weeks after this.  Just a lot of speculation on everyone's part... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2011, 05:01:31 PM »
No ass kicking administered by the police after a chase is tactically carried out to scare the perp.  It's adrenalin, rage...

Horseshit... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2011, 05:06:49 PM »
You are fucking around here right Garmen? No way you actually believe this shit right? Please?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2011, 05:20:12 PM »
Horseshit...
Token is a Sheriff you know, I think if anyone he would know?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2011, 05:26:02 PM »
Again, you're assuming that this beatdown was even legit.  Show me a swollen face...  a bruised ribcage...  other marks that he would have undoubtedlly received from this attack...  Those pics would have been just as horrific as the actual appearance of the beatdown if this was actually legit (as in full-force punches, kicks, etc.). 
Doesn't. Matter. Dude, if you think those cops were just acting and not really hitting him just to get a scare out of him, then you're out of touch.

Bottom line: In no way, shape, or form is what happened in that video justifiable. Not even close.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2011, 10:12:36 PM »
You are fucking around here right Garmen? No way you actually believe this shit right? Please?

Thats kind of what I was thinking.

GarMan might be on an island here by himself on this one....unless he's just tying to rile Taylor with the devil's advocate.

BIG PICTURE HERE: They violated protocol. Whether they were fake kicks, whether they landed, whether he's in ICU....doesn't matter. Dude put his hands behind his head - time to shut it down as RWS said. There was what appears to be a blatant assault by the cops in this video. The outcome doesn't make a rat's ass.

The intent to strike the guy was there. And the intended action happened. It was excessive. It violated protocol. End. Of. Story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2011, 09:45:41 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2011, 09:51:15 AM »
I hope that wasn't a treble hook, those are some sombitches to remove once they're set in deep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2011, 09:57:27 AM »
Thats kind of what I was thinking.

GarMan might be on an island here by himself on this one....unless he's just tying to rile Taylor with the devil's advocate.

BIG PICTURE HERE: They violated protocol. Whether they were fake kicks, whether they landed, whether he's in ICU....doesn't matter. Dude put his hands behind his head - time to shut it down as RWS said. There was what appears to be a blatant assault by the cops in this video. The outcome doesn't make a rat's ass.

The intent to strike the guy was there. And the intended action happened. It was excessive. It violated protocol. End. Of. Story.

This. Coupled with Tokens response.

The officers DID go over the line, but a good ass-whipping goes a long way. Now, however, the good ass-whipping is for naught. This kid will be back stealing and running tomorrow.

We need public caning. Repeat offenders are few.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2011, 12:08:24 PM »

See, I would believe you, if we weren't talking about Garman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GarMan

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2011, 03:33:31 AM »
Oh come on...  This is freakin' ridiculous.  The way some of you are reacting, you'd think I've insulted your mothers or attacked your wives.  This is silly...  But, let's try this one more time.  You're welcome to take it any way you'd like.

I've never stated or argued that the police weren't wrong and shouldn't be punished.  All of the ramblings related to that are pointless.  I've only doubted the severity of this beatdown.  It looks horrible, but I'm not going to jump in line and accept popular opinion.  I'm no sheep, and I'm definitely not a lemming... 

http://www.youtube.com/v/pK1jMHE1bkw?fs=1&hl=en_US
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2011, 12:07:30 PM »
Oh come on...  This is freakin' ridiculous.  The way some of you are reacting, you'd think I've insulted your mothers or attacked your wives.  This is silly...  But, let's try this one more time.  You're welcome to take it any way you'd like.

I've never stated or argued that the police weren't wrong and shouldn't be punished.  All of the ramblings related to that are pointless.  I've only doubted the severity of this beatdown.  It looks horrible, but I'm not going to jump in line and accept popular opinion.  I'm no sheep, and I'm definitely not a lemming... 

http://www.youtube.com/v/pK1jMHE1bkw?fs=1&hl=en_US
Well, I guess that answers our questions...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

RWS

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2011, 06:38:51 PM »
Another example of a lawsuit that will more than likely be won by the plaintiff:

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/pensacola/beaten-inmate-plans-to-file-lawsuit

Notice there was no beatdown. There was no chase. But, that deputy will be fired, and the inmate will win that case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2011, 12:04:54 PM »
Jail should be a miserable place that not one inmate ever wants to return to. No cameras. No niceties. No decent food. Sleep outside on cots. And don't even look at THE MAN.

The Sheriff got it right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.