Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gurus Unite...

Re: Gurus Unite...
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 12:51:02 PM »
I agree with that. But I think Crowell and Cyrus are both visiting on the 28th. That has to be good.

We'll see.  If we get one, we'll get them both.  I just think in the end they'll stick with Bama.

Would be fuckin' sweet if we pull them though.   :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 12:55:26 PM »
MarkChand hit the head on the nail in regards to the "big" commit possiblity.  Good chance it's Westerman.  I do NOT believe we'll get Cyrus, OR Clowney. 

Clowney has been a Cock since day one in my opinion (along with many others).

Ray Drew is going to be an interesting pick.  Chances are we're actually one of three in consideration late.  He's torn between Auburn, Georgia and LSU.   Rivals writers are all divided on where he's going as well.  The kid has done a stellar job of keeping everyone guessing.  Something he's worked hard on throughout the process.

I think we're still getting a hard look from Crowell, and it sounds like we've got his last visit on the 28th, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up at Bama.  We're more than likely going to be pulling Tre Mason or Andrew Boui (sp?).

It's going to be a great day for the state of Alabama that day.  A true "wait and see" who finishes ahead of who at the end, but both still having a banner year.
UGA and AU are the true contenders for Crowell right now, IMO. I really don't think UA is in it anymore, and the Hart commitment pretty much put the nail in the coffin on that. UGA offered Crowell's cousin (who has now committed to UGA) a few days ago, and it looks like they will be a package deal (think Robert Lester and Julio). If I had to guess, I would say Crowell to UGA.

War Eagle!!! Disclaimer: AU could pull Crowell if they wanted. They are good enough to get Crowell. They are good enough to pull every RB in the country in one class if they wanted. AU coaches invented running backs. Curtis Luper is the illegitimate father of every elite RB in the country. He made them all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 12:58:23 PM »
The "Keep on reading those Auburn boards" part pushed me over the "just saying" category for you. You say that as if you have much more credible sources than simply the boards...
No, it's just a matter of the AU boards that are swearing AU lands Cyrus and Clowney without applying any logic to the situation. I arrived at my educated guess using logic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 01:01:27 PM »
War Eagle!!! Disclaimer: AU could pull Crowell if they wanted. They are good enough to get Crowell. They are good enough to pull every RB in the country in one class if they wanted. AU coaches invented running backs. Curtis Luper is the illegitimate father of every elite RB in the country. He made them all.

Yeah...keep preaching that your comments aren't typical smug Alabama fan bullshit...

The comments like the one above is the reason that I don't let your other subtle comments go...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 01:02:59 PM »
OL Christian Westerman has a "major announcement" about his recruitment on Friday according to Texas admins reporting on Twitter today.

They state that "all signs point to Auburn".

TIFWIW

Yeah, I have read that too from multiple places but what AUS is saying that it is not Westerman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2011, 01:05:49 PM »
UGA and AU are the true contenders for Crowell right now, IMO. I really don't think UA is in it anymore, and the Hart commitment pretty much put the nail in the coffin on that. UGA offered Crowell's cousin (who has now committed to UGA) a few days ago, and it looks like they will be a package deal (think Robert Lester and Julio). If I had to guess, I would say Crowell to UGA.

I'm just a big douchebag.

UGA offered this cousin (I didn't know it was a cousin, just heard that it was a team mate) who didn't have an offer from any other D1 schools.  He jumped on that offer before it could be pulled back.  I would find it extremely funny if we ended up with Crowell and they ended up with a wasted scholly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2011, 01:10:37 PM »
Yeah...keep preaching that your comments aren't typical smug Alabama fan bullshit...

The comments like the one above is the reason that I don't let your other subtle comments go...
See, that one was a pretty direct comment. I put your name on it and everything, just so you wouldn't have to decipher anything. My original comment wasn't even meant as a jab; you decided to take it that way, though. If I'm going to take a jab, I'm just going to say it outright. I don't get into this cryptic Prowler bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2011, 01:13:20 PM »
UGA offered this cousin (I didn't know it was a cousin, just heard that it was a team mate) who didn't have an offer from any other D1 schools.  He jumped on that offer before it could be pulled back.  I would find it extremely funny if we ended up with Crowell and they ended up with a wasted scholly.
That would be amusing. I would like to have Crowell at UA, maybe a little more so than Hart. They are both pretty damn good backs, so I couldn't tell you which one is better. I just worry some about Hart's maturity. I hope it's just a matter of he had a hard time handling the whole recruiting process.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2011, 01:33:41 PM »
See, that one was a pretty direct comment. I put your name on it and everything, just so you wouldn't have to decipher anything. My original comment wasn't even meant as a jab; you decided to take it that way, though. If I'm going to take a jab, I'm just going to say it outright. I don't get into this cryptic Prowler bullshit.

You're a dumb ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2011, 01:42:54 PM »
RWS, what happened to UA taking Buck Allen......personally, I wouldn't mind having the kid from what I have seen, unless something has happened to him recently.  I know there were several excited about him earlier this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

RWS

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2011, 02:06:34 PM »
RWS, what happened to UA taking Buck Allen......personally, I wouldn't mind having the kid from what I have seen, unless something has happened to him recently.  I know there were several excited about him earlier this year.
I think he will ultimately end up at UF. He was pretty high on UA, then AU took the lead, and now it's UF IMO. Also, I think there is some question as to whether he will qualify or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2011, 03:03:19 PM »
You don't get shit. You offered up "eating a hat" without me giving up anything. Instead of eating a hat, how about an avatar change...

You were the one that made the absolute statement...not me...

Fair enough.  Deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2011, 03:18:48 PM »
Latest tweet on Westerman from Orangebloods writer...

Received email from Christian Westerman's dad Tues. telling me his son was headed to #Auburn and "War Eagle." More info on Orangebloods.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2011, 03:46:57 PM »
They're just 16-17 year old kids.  For Godsake, leave them alone.

Wait, wrong thread.  Continue
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2011, 04:31:21 PM »
I think he will ultimately end up at UF. He was pretty high on UA, then AU took the lead, and now it's UF IMO. Also, I think there is some question as to whether he will qualify or not.

If he can qualify, I think he will do good things at UF.  I was actually excited when it looked like we might get him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2011, 06:41:57 PM »
Could the big news be WR Malcolm Mitchell?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2011, 07:03:47 PM »
Could the big news be WR Malcolm Mitchell?

Interesting. The last time I checked, AUS is talking the big news may not be revealed till NSD due to timing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2011, 08:00:55 PM »
Interesting. The last time I checked, AUS is talking the big news may not be revealed till NSD due to timing.
Nope not MM, he's going to UGA.  Eh, I'm done speculating.  Hope he's a "Billy Badass".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2011, 08:12:43 PM »
Nope not MM, he's going to UGA.  Eh, I'm done speculating.  Hope he's a "Billy Badass".

Yeah, me too. It will happen when it happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2011, 08:19:12 PM »
RB Dee Hart maybe?  I'll eventually get it after I name every recruit that's a 4 Star or better.

ATH De'Anthony "Black Mamba" Thomas?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions