Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gus offered 3 million to be Vandy's Hc?

boartitz

Re: Gus offered 3 million to be Vandy's Hc?
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2010, 09:27:11 PM »
Who wants Petrino? His buyout is only 18 million dollars for each of the next 2 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2010, 07:53:22 PM »
This is a shocker.
Apparently it has become clear to Muschamp that Mack Brown isn't quite finished running Texas into the ground. Muschamp's name has seemingly been connected to every halfway decent HC opening the past 2 years. It may be easier to win at Texas, but I think UF is in better shape at this point. I can't blame him for not wanting to take over at Texas until it is in complete shambles.

As far as Malzahn goes, it has nothing to do with "dem bammers, dey skurred!" It's common sense. If Vanderbilt is offering around $3 million for your first time HC gig, you are an offensive genius, and your offense is specifically designed to do more with lesser talent than the other team, it's almost a no brainer. You have to start somewhere, and that's a decent stepping stone. As an Alabama fan, I'm not worried about Malzahn's offense. Is it a good offense? You bet your ass. However, I think Alabama has a pretty good bead on what Malzahn does, and how to defend it. We pretty much put a clinic on in the first half of this year. Same thing for the last 3 quarters of '09.  In this year's IB, AU didn't really do anything different on offense in the second half than they did in the first. AU simply executed near perfection in the second half, and had the talent to pull it out, and that was the difference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2010, 08:21:53 PM »
As an Alabama fan, I'm not worried about Malzahn's offense. Is it a good offense? You bet your ass. However, I think Alabama has a pretty good bead on what Malzahn does, and how to defend it. We pretty much put a clinic on in the first half of this year. Same thing for the last 3 quarters of '09.  In this year's IB, AU didn't really do anything different on offense in the second half than they did in the first. AU simply executed near perfection in the second half, and had the talent to pull it out, and that was the difference.

Adjustments within Gus' offense was made.  It wasn't just pure talent.  If it was just pure talent, Alabama wouldn't have been beating that ass like they were the first half.  Alabama didn't have a fucking clue the second half.  You don't come back from 24-0, if bammuh coaches have a good "bead" on what Malzahn was doing. 

I can understand you saying this though if it helps you feel better about it though.  Offensive and Defensive decisions and adjustments owned Alabama for the latter half of the game.  Not just purely better execution.  Execution helped, but adjustments were the key to the win.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:22:56 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2010, 08:25:43 PM »
Adjustments within Gus' offense was made.  It wasn't just pure talent.  If it was just pure talent, Alabama wouldn't have been beating that ass like they were the first half.  Alabama didn't have a fucking clue the second half.  You don't come back from 24-0, if bammuh coaches have a good "bead" on what Malzahn was doing. 

I can understand you saying this though if it helps you feel better about it though.  Offensive and Defensive decisions and adjustments owned Alabama for the latter half of the game.  Not just purely better execution.  Execution helped, but adjustments were the key to the win.
Yall were just fucking wif them the first half, letting them get that big head invincible bammer head on before yall kicked they asses. Quit pussy footing around. :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2010, 08:28:50 PM »
Yall were just fucking wif them the first half, letting them get that big head invincible bammer head on before yall kicked they asses. Quit pussy footing around. :)

Maximum effect if you draw in the toothless masses and let them all down in one crushing blow.  I like it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2010, 08:50:52 PM »

Ok, what specific strategic adjustments were made?

On defense, AU blitzed more in the second half. The DL got alot more push. On offense, AU didn't really do anything different than the first half. They simply did it better. They didn't go out there throwing the ball deep every play. They didn't abandon the run. Cam Newton started playing like a mad man. That's the biggest difference I could see. I don't need something to hold to "make me feel better". I'm not sore about losing. I'm sure Malzahn made some sort of tweaks. I'm not saying they just took the first half plan and said "Hey, we're going to do this over again." All I'm saying is they didn't do anything completely different in the second half than they did in the first.

Not trying to attack Malzahn here, and not trying to say he did a shitty job at all. I simply think that the players on the field had more to do with the win than any offensive adjustment, most specifically Cam Newton. For that matter, I think alot of people have a pretty good bead on what Malzahn does. His offense is fairly simplistic, and isn't based on anything really new or groundbreaking in college football. There is just a disconnect between knowing how to stop it, and actually doing it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2010, 09:21:20 PM »

On defense, AU blitzed more in the second half. The DL got alot more push. On offense, AU didn't really do anything different than the first half. They simply did it better. They didn't go out there throwing the ball deep every play. They didn't abandon the run. Cam Newton started playing like a mad man. That's the biggest difference I could see. I don't need something to hold to "make me feel better". I'm not sore about losing. I'm sure Malzahn made some sort of tweaks. I'm not saying they just took the first half plan and said "Hey, we're going to do this over again." All I'm saying is they didn't do anything completely different in the second half than they did in the first.

Not trying to attack Malzahn here, and not trying to say he did a shitty job at all. I simply think that the players on the field had more to do with the win than any offensive adjustment, most specifically Cam Newton. For that matter, I think alot of people have a pretty good bead on what Malzahn does. His offense is fairly simplistic, and isn't based on anything really new or groundbreaking in college football. There is just a disconnect between knowing how to stop it, and actually doing it.

It's like your last two posts were written by two to four different people that don't get along with each other.  You're all over the place. 

Just believe whatever you want to believe.  I don't really care. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »

You do know some records were set LAST year as well without Cam right? With Chris "Limp Dick" Todd.

Just saying....Gus is doing something right, no matter who the players are. Look what he did at Tulsa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2010, 09:41:17 PM »
You do know some records were set LAST year as well without Cam right? With Chris "Limp Dick" Todd.

Just saying....Gus is doing something right, no matter who the players are. Look what he did at Tulsa.
200% agree. Like I've said before, I've been proven totally wrong on him. I didn't think he would make it in the SEC, and he has given me a resounding "fuck you" to prove me wrong, to the extent that I think he would be an excellent fit as Vandy's HC. My point was to Prowler's "dem bammers scared!" notion. Am I going to shed a tear if he goes to Vandy? No. The past 2 games were damn good games, and it's not like I'm going to cry like a bitch if we lose a good game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2010, 09:44:04 PM »
200% agree. Like I've said before, I've been proven totally wrong on him. I didn't think he would make it in the SEC, and he has given me a resounding "fuck you" to prove me wrong, to the extent that I think he would be an excellent fit as Vandy's HC. My point was to Prowler's "dem bammers scared!" notion. Am I going to shed a tear if he goes to Vandy? No. The past 2 games were damn good games, and it's not like I'm going to cry like a bitch if we lose a good game.

I would just have to wonder, in his shoes - "how the hell am I going to stock a roster full of quality spread ready players at this southern Ivy League school?". Notre Dame has had this same problem the last 20 years. So has Duke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2010, 09:46:41 PM »
I would just have to wonder, in his shoes - "how the hell am I going to stock a roster full of quality spread ready players at this southern Ivy League school?". Notre Dame has had this same problem the last 20 years. So has Duke.
With Malzahn, he doesn't have to have ridiculous talent. Look what he did at Tulsa. Granted, they might not have had the highest quality opponents, but they put up some ridiculous numbers, and a shit ton of points.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2010, 10:44:43 PM »

1. They quit playing man up in secondary so it became more difficult to isolate Julio one on one.
2. The quit trying run the ball up the middle and quit running the slow developing plays.
3. Started throwing the ball to Squirrel after the play action, he had two receptions for 24 yards in the 2nd half; prior to that he had 2 for the year. 
4. Doing the above meant a LB had to honor him out of the backfield, opening up the run for Newton after the fake, or opening the middle of the field for a WR on a cross.

Those are what I could think of off the top of my head, and I haven't seen the game since I watched it live with about 5-6 beers in me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2010, 07:19:28 AM »

I got two words for you .

Princeton Basketball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2010, 09:33:03 AM »

Princeton Basketball.
I have two more for you:

Spanish Fly
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2010, 11:27:02 AM »
One of the specific adjustments Auburn made was having Ziemba actually block Upshaw rather than getting run over like an Alabama armadillo.  That tends to help your offense run just a tad smoother.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2010, 11:33:25 AM »
One of the specific adjustments Auburn made was having Ziemba actually block Upshaw rather than getting run over like an Alabama armadillo.  That tends to help your offense run just a tad smoother.

Chizik should have forced Ziemba to get a haircut before the game.  Upshaw has a history of dominating people with long blond hair. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2010, 11:38:39 AM »
Chizik should have forced Ziemba to get a haircut before the game.

He looks like a roadie for the Allman Brothers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2010, 11:41:01 AM »
Chizik should have forced Ziemba to get a haircut before the game.  Upshaw has a history of dominating people with long blond hair.

Only when they ask for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2010, 11:44:16 AM »
He didn't want Ziemba's parents suing Auburn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2010, 11:26:03 PM »

Princeton Basketball.
You love the back door cut
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions