Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gus offered 3 million to be Vandy's Hc?

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Gus offered 3 million to be Vandy's Hc?
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 12:14:39 PM »
From what I understand and what I have read, Frank Broyles would have to die first before CGM would be coach at Arkansas.   I believe that was stated on the board.

There are some in the NWA that would be happy to make that happen too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 01:11:34 PM »
I do not doubt for one minute that Vandy would love to have him.

I do highly doubt they are willing to come off the scratch to the tune of 3 million.

Hell. I'd do it for $300,000 and a lifetime annual pass to Opryland for me an 30 other people.

Sing me up. YeeHaw. Sign too.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 01:12:30 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

boartitz

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 01:58:24 PM »
I like Gus and all, but I don't see him ever being the coach at Arkansas. I think he has moved on. Yeah, the job shoulda/coulda/woulda had appeal to him at one point in time, based off the Mayan calendar, I don't see this happening.
First, I think Bobby Petrino is  happy where he is. He seems to like NWA, has a good team and will have a better team returning next year. He took a PAY CUT to come to Arkansas. If yall didn't know, you can live like a king on 3 mil a year in Arkansas. We are a 3rd world country by most folks evaluations.
Gus will be a HC. Soon. This may be the year, who knows. The iron is certainly hot right now if he wants to make the move. Vandy may not be the ideal spot, but if they at least double his pay, he has to look. Gus may be the type to Joe Pa the Vandy job. Damn good income. Run a clean program and upset some SEC folks every now and then. Or, the job would be a damn good stepping stone. Lot's of programs won't hire a HC that has no previous HCoaching experience.
I'm kinda leaning towards Gus taking an SEC head coach job this year. Vandy, MSU, or Florida. In that order. He's gonna be both of our enemies after yall beat the shit out of Oregon. He'll be an enemy I respect.
OH, yeah. If Gus jumps, Frazier is probably jumping with him. So he will have a QB already schooled in his offense to hep thangs. Dyer may have a sick grandmother he needs to keep tabs on, too. Think about it. Gus has been schooled under some of the best.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:08:00 PM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 02:00:31 PM »
Funny what a shitty record one year does to your name.  Where's Will Muschamp's name in any of these coaching vacancies?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 02:01:29 PM »
He's going to georgi.....wait nevermind.
They kept their shitty coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 02:13:48 PM »
Guy on the woopiggy mentioned Tubbs to Arkansas if the Gators got Petrino. How f'n weird would that be, especially considering.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 02:19:44 PM »
OH, yeah. If Gus jumps, Frazier is probably jumping with him. So he will have a QB already schooled in his offense to hep thangs. Dyer may have a sick grandmother he needs to keep tabs on, too. Think about it. Gus has been schooled under some of the best.

I hate you right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

boartitz

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 02:23:27 PM »
Guy on the woopiggy mentioned Tubbs to Arkansas if the Gators got Petrino. How f'n weird would that be, especially considering.
Tubby ain't coming through that door.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 02:26:31 PM »
I hate you right now.
In my best Joe Friday voice."Just the facts ma'am". Yall can keep Moseley. Lagniappe.
I need to shower. BRB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2010, 02:32:55 PM »

Personally I think thats a long shot too but would be a shocker, and not a 3 finger either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 02:47:26 PM »
Personally I think thats a long shot too but would be a shocker, and not a 3 finger either.
There's some bad shit brewing on the Hill. Be aware. Are we not the second best SEC team this year? Nutt is not even going to a bowl game. The only team in the SEC west in thaT POSITIION. Fuck it, I ain't going back. Who is/was the Nutt apologist/supporter here? Barrister, IIRC.
If I am ever in the area and get a speeding ticket. I'm calling Wes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 03:30:38 PM »
There's some bad shit brewing on the Hill. Be aware. Are we not the second best SEC team this year? Nutt is not even going to a bowl game. The only team in the SEC west in thaT POSITIION. Fuck it, I ain't going back. Who is/was the Nutt apologist/supporter here? Barrister, IIRC.
If I am ever in the area and get a speeding ticket. I'm calling Wes.

Motherfucker, if you're in the area and that's the only reason you call I'll be pissed.

Booze and smoke on me if you make it to the panhandle of Florida.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

chinook

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 03:35:13 PM »

why not...duck huntin' and recruitin' all in the same state.  doable.  i hear the bbq isn't bad either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 03:41:48 PM »
I do not doubt for one minute that Vandy would love to have him.

I do highly doubt they are willing to come off the scratch to the tune of 3 million.
Who knows? They are the richest school in the SEC. They have more money than Alabama, Auburn, and LSU combined. Also, the chancellor who disbanded the athletic department is no longer at Vanderbilt. It's the perfect situation for CGM. Low expectations, no pressure, a mediocre season makes you a God there. Plus, his offense is perfect for equalizing talent gaps. I could really see him fitting in there. I just don't think he's going to get a Miami or Florida type job his first time out. And really, what's better? A Louisiana Tech type job, or Vandy? Maybe they're the same, I don't know. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2010, 03:50:07 PM »
Gus coaches at Auburn.  He shall remain for another year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 06:05:08 PM »
Sounds like the bammers are tired of watching Coach Malzahn at Auburn, breakin' records at a breakneck speed.  That tells me, that when he turns down the openings that are coming at him, the bammers will be disappointed once again.  I can't say this enough, I've ABSOLUTELY ENJOYED this season, especially towards the end.  There's nothing like being Undefeated, having two players garner some Major Awards and having your Hated rival be torn apart at the seams over ALL of the success of your favorite team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 06:20:30 PM »
Where exactly are seams on human flesh anyway?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 06:33:57 PM »
Where exactly are seams on human flesh anyway?

It's in your Anus....hence being "Butt Hurt".  Just listen to Cecil "Butt" Hurt, you'll be able to hear his seams ripping when talking about Cam and Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2010, 08:30:46 PM »
Funny what a shitty record one year does to your name.  Where's Will Muschamp's name in any of these coaching vacancies?

....and I'm stunned...

ESPN Reporting Muschamp new Gator Head Coach
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2010, 09:02:52 PM »
....and I'm stunned...

ESPN Reporting Muschamp new Gator Head Coach
This is a shocker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions