No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
NCAA rules Auburn's Cam Newton is eligible to compete
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 12:54:16 PM »
Fuck you ESPN, Thayer Evans, etc...

The NCAA has cleared Auburn in its  recruitment of quarterback Cam Newton and has ruled him eligible to compete.

Auburn has limited the athletic access to Newton's father, Cecil Newton. Mississippi State disassociated itself as well.

The NCAA's statement said:

"Auburn University football student-athlete Cam Newton is immediately eligible to compete, according to a decision today by the NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff. The NCAA concluded on Monday that a violation of amateurism rules occurred, therefore Auburn University declared the student-athlete ineligible yesterday for violations of NCAA amateurism rules"

The NCAA began looking into Newton's recruitment at Mississippi State, and then Auburn, but has found nothing to make the quarterback ineligible to play for the Tigers. Auburn began an internal investigation in July and did not find any wrongdoing, either.

Newton has led Auburn to a 12-0 record and a No. 1 BCS ranking heading into Saturday's SEC Championship Game against South Carolina.

Newton has been lit up opponents, the SEC and the Auburn record books.

He leads the SEC in rushing and has accounted for 43 touchdowns, accounting for at least four touchdowns in a game seven times.

He's the first player in the SEC history to have thrown for more than 2,000 yards and to have rushed for more than 1,000 yards in SEC history.

He ranks second in the nation in passing efficiency.

He's been named the SEC's offensive player of the week six times.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/12/ncaa_rules_auburns_cam_newton.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
Re: NCAA Officially Clears Cam!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 12:55:58 PM »
NCAA link:

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2010+news+stories/december/ncaa+addresses+eligibility+of+cam+newton

Latest News
Publish date: Dec 1, 2010NCAA addresses Cam Newton's eligibility
Auburn University football student-athlete Cam Newton is immediately eligible to compete, according to a decision today by the NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff. The NCAA concluded on Monday that a violation of amateurism rules occurred, therefore Auburn University declared the student-athlete ineligible yesterday for violations of NCAA amateurism rules.

When a school discovers an NCAA rules violation has occurred, it must declare the student-athlete ineligible and may request the student-athlete’s eligibility be reinstated. Reinstatement decisions are made by the NCAA national office staff and can include conditions such as withholding from competition and repayment of extra benefits. Newton was reinstated without any conditions.

According to facts of the case agreed upon by Auburn University and the NCAA enforcement staff, the student-athlete’s father and an owner of a scouting service worked together to actively market the student-athlete as a part of a pay-for-play scenario in return for Newton’s commitment to attend college and play football. NCAA rules (Bylaw 12.3.3) do not allow individuals or entities to represent a prospective student-athlete for compensation to a school for an athletic scholarship.

In conjunction with the case, Auburn University has limited the access Newton’s father has to the athletics program and Mississippi State has disassociated the involved individual.

“The conduct of Cam Newton’s father and the involved individual is unacceptable and has no place in the SEC or in intercollegiate athletics,” said Mike Slive, Southeastern Conference Commissioner. “The actions taken by Auburn University and Mississippi State University make it clear this behavior will not be tolerated in the SEC.”

“Our members have established rules for a fair and equal recruitment of student-athletes, as well as to promote integrity in the recruiting process,” said Kevin Lennon, NCAA vice president for academic and membership affairs. “In determining how a violation impacts a student-athlete’s eligibility, we must consider the young person’s responsibility. Based on the information available to the reinstatement staff at this time, we do not have sufficient evidence that Cam Newton or anyone from Auburn was aware of this activity, which led to his reinstatement. From a student-athlete reinstatement perspective, Auburn University met its obligation under NCAA bylaw 14.11.1. Under this threshold, the student-athlete has not participated while ineligible.”

“We are pleased that the NCAA has agreed with our position that Cam Newton has been and continues to be eligible to play football at Auburn University,” Auburn University Director of Athletics Jay Jacobs said.  “We appreciate the diligence and professionalism of the NCAA and its handling of this matter. “

During the reinstatement process, NCAA staff review each case on its own merits based on the specific facts. Staff decisions are made based on a number of factors including guidelines established by the Division I NCAA Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement, as well as any mitigating factors presented by the university.

Reinstatement decisions are independent of the NCAA enforcement process and typically are made once the facts of the student-athlete’s involvement are determined. The reinstatement process is likely to conclude prior to the close of an investigation. It is NCAA policy not to comment on current, pending or potential investigations. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:06:00 PM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: NCAA rules Auburn's Cam Newton is eligible to compete
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 12:59:11 PM »
Fuck you ESPN, Thayer Evans, etc...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/12/ncaa_rules_auburns_cam_newton.html

Whoever wrote that should be shot. I know they were probably in a rush to have the scoop and all but c'mon.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:04:03 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Token

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 01:01:11 PM »
Redfish should probably put some padding at the top of his stairs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
Redfish should probably put some padding at the top of his stairs.
When does the death penalty begin?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 01:20:24 PM »
Ha I love it...Newton was declared ineligible yesterday because of his father's wrongdoing, Auburn immediately requested he be reinstated and the NCAA granted the request.

Fuck all the Haters!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 01:22:21 PM »
Ha I love it...Newton was declared ineligible yesterday because of his father's wrongdoing, Auburn immediately requested he be reinstated and the NCAA granted the request.

Fuck all the Haters!

What he^said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 01:22:58 PM »
When does the death penalty begin?

As soon as the last race tonight at Victoryland finishes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 01:23:23 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »

Fuck all the Haters!

It is amazing, that for all the people that think they are in the know that "leaked" out bullshit allegations, that Cam fucking Newton was ruled ineligible by the NCAA yesterday, and no one knew about it. No one said a word about it...

Fuck the media and their bullshit "reporting"...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:24:34 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 01:25:30 PM »
They were paid off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 01:27:00 PM »
I hear angels singing in the heavens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 01:27:04 PM »
I hope the opening drive is the highest rated show in America tomorrow morning.

Just so the majority of the people out there can hear Jay Barker cry while eating crow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 01:27:38 PM »
It is amazing, that for all the people that think they are in the know that "leaked" out bullshit allegations, that Cam fucking Newton was ruled ineligible by the NCAA yesterday, and no one knew about it. No one said a word about it...

Eggggggggzactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 01:28:13 PM »

agreed.  however, do you think this pulled the line in vegas rather than reports of garcia?  hmmm...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »
2:00 p.m. will have it tuned to Saul Finescum.  More wailing and gnashing of toofies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 01:29:03 PM »
A few things.....

According to facts of the case agreed upon by Auburn University and the NCAA enforcement staff, the student-athlete’s father and an owner of a scouting service worked together to actively market the student-athlete as a part of a pay-for-play scenario in return for Newton’s commitment to attend college and play football. NCAA rules (Bylaw 12.3.3) do not allow individuals or entities to represent a prospective student-athlete for compensation to a school for an athletic scholarship.

So does this mean the NCAA found evidence that Cecil was shopping Cam through MSU?

In conjunction with the case, Auburn University has limited the access Newton’s father has to the athletics program and Mississippi State has disassociated the involved individual.

I wonder if this will affect Cam's decision to stay for his senior season.

“The actions taken by Auburn University and Mississippi State University make it clear this behavior will not be tolerated in the SEC.”

Does this also mean that MSU is cleared from any wrongdoing?

Now I wonder if this is why the betting line was suspended in Vegas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 01:30:33 PM »
If the glove don't fit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 01:31:43 PM »

The NCAA DID NOT rule Cam ineligible, AU did. The NCAA reinstated his eligibility.

“Our members have established rules for a fair and equal recruitment of student-athletes, as well as to promote integrity in the recruiting process,” said Kevin Lennon, NCAA vice president for academic and membership affairs. “In determining how a violation impacts a student-athlete’s eligibility, we must consider the young person’s responsibility. Based on the information available to the reinstatement staff at this time, we do not have sufficient evidence that Cam Newton or anyone from Auburn was aware of this activity, which led to his reinstatement. From a student-athlete reinstatement perspective, Auburn University met its obligation under NCAA bylaw 14.11.1. Under this threshold, the student-athlete has not participated while ineligible.”

^^^^^^^^^
BOTTOM LINE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.