Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NCAA Officially Clears Cam!

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: NCAA Officially Clears Cam!
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2010, 02:05:37 PM »

That is, until McGregor and Lowder's check clears when Cam declares for the NFL draft.

In all reality, how many of us would have written a check to an anonymous account had we know Cam would be this good?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2010, 02:08:34 PM »
In all reality, how many of us would have written a check to an anonymous account had we know Cam would be this good?

I would have written one.  It would have bounced but still...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2010, 02:12:14 PM »
I dropped by a bammer's facebook page. This is the same guy that has been telling me he knew for a fact Auburn was facing the death penalty. He also knew for a fact Cam would not play against Georgia.

Just wanted to drop by and say "Told you so".
about an hour ago via iPhone · Like · Comment · See Friendship

Chad: ‎...again.
55 minutes ago · Like

Josh: GentryEstes247 Gentry Estes
Summing it up: Cam can play, but investigation isn't over. Auburn is in good shape short-term but I actually think worse shape long-term.

DanWetzel Dan Wetzel
by CecilHurt
Newton case is not over. This is just immediate eligibility ruling. An ongoing enforcement staff investigation can lead to more later

schadjoe Joe Schad
NCAAs decision based on "information available at this time."

slmandel Stewart Mandel
If you read between the lines at the end of the release, this violation has been addressed, but the larger investigation likely ongoing.
46 minutes ago · Like

Josh: he will play the rest of the season, but this is just based off of current info... I think that if anything is gonna happen, it will be with the FDIC/Lowder cases get underway or finished up...
43 minutes ago · Like

Josh: I don't think your in the clear yet...
42 minutes ago · Like

Chad: LOL...Keep hope alive...
39 minutes ago · Like

Josh: btw, Cecil Newton was guilty, which is why Auburn ruled Cam ineligible yesterday...they just cut him out of the Athletic Dept in Auburn, and asked for reinstatment since there isn't proof that AU or Cam knew about it yet...
36 minutes ago · Like

Chad: Where were your super duper double-secret inside sources yesterday to inform everyone that Cam was ruled ineligible? I'm pretty sure I would have heard about it prior to today.
14 minutes ago · Like

Josh: i was in bed sick all day yesterday...on that note they actually said that Cecil was guilty of shopping his son, and Auburn admitted to violations... the only thing this statement proves is that Cecil Newton did commit violations... Now the investigation moves on to finding proof of AU or Cam knowing about it...
10 minutes ago · Like

Josh: find someone in the media that is NOT connected to Auburn that says that this is over and nothing will come of it... because I've tried to find anyone saying that, but the only stuff i can find are people saying that it is NOT over and that it does NOT look good for Auburn.. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but it non-biased media that is saying this stuff... you act like I'm just making it up...
5 minutes ago · Like

Chad: Oh, right, you were sick. That's why not one single person reported that Cam was ineligible yesterday. Gotcha.

Cam was officially ruled eligible to compete without conditions.

Therefore, there WILL BE NO VACATION OF WINS. Who is saying it doesn't look good for Auburn? Thayer Evans? Give me a break, dude.

Just stop making outlandish claims, and I'll stop dropping by your facebook wall to mock you for them when they are proven false.
2 minutes ago · Like

Josh: I'm lost at what you are trying to say here... are you saying that he wasn't ruled ineligible yesterday by AU?
about a minute ago · Like

Josh: and I have know Idea who Thayer Evens is...lol
So hard to just walk away...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 02:16:56 PM »
I am so glad to see this ruling come down.  Yes, for obvious orange and blue reasons.  But just as much because I get sick of hearing this kind of crap about any school...including Bama.  This weekend was great.  College football beats the hell out of any sport on earth and I love this game for what it is.  The allegations and implications and lies and speculation and a lot of other "tions" can all just bite my entire ass.

You know what?  I don't give a crack whore's ass about Chargers or remodeling somebody baby mama kitchen...or $180K text messages and Mitlon Victoryland MacGregor or computers or fishing trips or any of it.  It goes on everywhere anyway so shut the hell up and let's play football.   

Not that I condone allegations, or any -tion for that matter. -tion's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -tion, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2010, 02:17:49 PM »
So hard to just walk away...
Can't help myself...
Chad: He was ruled ineligible by Auburn (not the NCAA), and that is merely a formality of the reinstatement process. My point is, despite your (and countless other internet "reporters") constant claims of "inside knowledge", no one but the Auburn staff and the NCAA knew anything about his ineligibility. Like I said all along, they are the only ones that truly know, and all of your sources are bullshit. And like I said, Auburn and the NCAA have been cooperating for a year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2010, 02:20:11 PM »
Schad fucking talking about it on ESPN now, not over yet.  I am gonna smack him with Herbstreit, and Palmer's bag of dicks. Seriously what a piece of shit.

I just watched the video of this on ESPN.com. You know there are alligators in Lake Eufaula. I can scout out a spot if you want to tag him over the head and bring him on down here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 02:20:28 PM »
The school does not HAVE to declare the individual ineligible. But if they do not, the hammer swings harder if the athlete is found to have been actually ineligible later by NCAA rules. The NCAA did not say that Cam was ineligible. They said violations had been found. To find out if those violations are enough to cause a penalty, then the school must follow the process.

But the NCAA prefers the institution declare eligibility and then they will rule on the validity.

So my statement stands, AU declared Cam ineligible, NOT the NCAA.
AU did the right thing and played Cam until the NCAA said "OK, we officially have a problem". I'm glad that, for once, the NCAA worked with a school to get a guy's eligibility cleared up in a timely manner. Good for Cam, but his father should be ashamed of himself for shopping him around. Probably came pretty close to fucking his whole career up, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 02:23:47 PM »
AU did the right thing and played Cam until the NCAA said "OK, we officially have a problem". I'm glad that, for once, the NCAA worked with a school to get a guy's eligibility cleared up in a timely manner. Good for Cam, but his father should be ashamed of himself for shopping him around. Probably came pretty close to fucking his whole career up, too.

Well, you know, I am pretty close to 100% sure that the look from Cam himself towards his diddy is much worse that what any other person can say or do. Once Cam and his mom knew about all this, I'd bet that Cecil felt like falling into a hole somewhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 02:24:16 PM »
Chad, ask this fuck why (And he even admits it) he's trying so hard to find out crap on Auburn.  Whay is he searching for what anyone "Not connected to Auburn" is saying.  If Bama is his team, why does he care so much?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 02:27:13 PM »
The meltdown on TI is epic.  Redfish is a dead man. 

Just beat his wife in anger>>>>> -EOM- DavidPuddy 2010-12-01 13:24:03

Fairley will beat Garcia with a crowbar on Saturday.... Meat And Three 2010-12-01 13:19:29
....and Garcia will get flagged for 15 yards plus suspended for the bowl game.
:rofl:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:32:35 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 02:31:35 PM »
The meltdown on TI is epic.  Redfish is a dead man. 

:rofl:

Thread link.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 02:32:41 PM »
Chad, ask this fuck why (And he even admits it) he's trying so hard to find out crap on Auburn.  Whay is he searching for what anyone "Not connected to Auburn" is saying.  If Bama is his team, why does he care so much?
And while you guys are at it, ask some of your Auburn friends why they are so concerned about what Andre Smith's mom rides around in, what Dre Kirkpatrick is driving, and where his mom works. Oh, and get them to post some pics of some of the rides at the AU athletic complex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2010, 02:34:14 PM »

I know I look through Orange and blue glasses...but I would be willing to bet that Cam's dad didn't "shop" him. How do you "shop" someone to one fucking team?

I personally think that Cam's dad was approached about payment and he listened. but then again, I could be completely wrong. I just know what kind of guy Cam seems to be...and it doesn't look like he was raised by a dirty, cheating snake....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2010, 02:34:49 PM »
Thread link.

It's premium.  I don't think you can view it without an account. But.....

http://www.tiderinsider.com/mb/msg/r4-1.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2010, 02:35:28 PM »
So this crap is over.  :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2010, 02:36:39 PM »
I know I look through Orange and blue glasses...but I would be willing to bet that Cam's dad didn't "shop" him. How do you "shop" someone to one fucking team?

I personally think that Cam's dad was approached about payment and he listened. but then again, I could be completely wrong. I just know what kind of guy Cam seems to be...and it doesn't look like he was raised by a dirty, cheating snake....
THIS.

Everyone condemning Cecil to an eternity in hell are setting themselves up for a plate of crow when it comes out that the NCAA is swinging its "zero-tolerance" dick at the fact that MSU offered, and Cecil listened but didn't act.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2010, 02:37:58 PM »
It's premium.  I don't think you can view it without an account. But.....

http://www.tiderinsider.com/mb/msg/r4-1.html

DAMN.  I miss all the good shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Token

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2010, 02:38:26 PM »

If he didn't, neither the NCAA or Mike Slive did him any favors.

According to facts of the case agreed upon by Auburn University and the NCAA enforcement staff, the student-athlete’s father and an owner of a scouting service worked together to actively market the student-athlete as a part of a pay-for-play scenario in return for Newton’s commitment to attend college and play football. NCAA rules (Bylaw 12.3.3) do not allow individuals or entities to represent a prospective student-athlete for compensation to a school for an athletic scholarship.

In conjunction with the case, Auburn University has limited the access Newton’s father has to the athletics program and Mississippi State has disassociated the involved individual.

“The conduct of Cam Newton’s father and the involved individual is unacceptable and has no place in the SEC or in intercollegiate athletics,” said Mike Slive, Southeastern Conference Commissioner. “The actions taken by Auburn University and Mississippi State University make it clear this behavior will not be tolerated in the SEC.”

That's as cut and dry as I've ever seen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2010, 02:39:44 PM »

Probably a poor choice of words on my part, but you get what I'm saying. Cam seems to be a fine young man, I agree. Even if it was the scenario you suggest, it's still wrong. Anything short of Cecil Newton screaming to the NCAA about what had transpired with this "offer" was wrong. I'm sure it's easier said than done when you start thinking about what you could do with $200k, but still. What he did was wrong either way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2010, 02:40:45 PM »

Good possibility.  I had the idea in my mind that Cecil might have shopped Cam to Miss St, when/if the coaches turned him down cold (as has been told) he saw that if a school with a need like the Bulldogs weren't willing to pay for fear of NCAA retaliation then nobody else would either, so he sent Cam to Auburn on the up and up.

As for his motivation; from what I have heard his church is on the verge of collapse.  I'm sure lots of good people have been tempted by far less money when they have faced a need.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:42:23 PM by AU_Tiger_2000 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.