Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NCAA Officially Clears Cam!

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: NCAA Officially Clears Cam!
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2010, 10:44:10 AM »
Dude just goes on and on...
Josh:it has just been stated from the beginning that when the court hearings with these 2 thugs are underway, or possibly over then that is when stuff will come out... and until those cases are in the books i'm going to stick to my opinion... just like you have the right to stick to yours
right now, it is obvious you are not going to change your opinion until something comes out that proves wrong doing, and likewise, I'm not going to change my opinion until the NCAA says, we are no long investigating anything and Auburn is innocent... seems fair to me

but of course we have both heard the rumors...just looking at this logically, i mean you have the FBI, SACS, SEC, NCAA invovled... you have a preacher shopping his son around, you have that POS Kenny Rodgers, and then there is AU who ended up with a Kid whose dad DID asked miss state for money... on top of that, AU(that was on probation by SACS just a couple years ago) has Pat Dye who is heavily involved in the AD, that was actually banned from the Auburn campus in 1993 til 1995 for paying players...as well as bobby lowder(go read all the shit he has done while at AU)... and on top of that, Lowder and  McGregor are under serious federal indictments and were being staked out by the FBI for the past year or so...
you don't think people have a legit reason to be suspicious?

9:42am
Chad: The McGregor stuff was started by that Redfish moron trying to sell books in Hunstville. No one is reporting that but TMZ, who also reported Tupac is living in New Orleans, so...
Lowder has no power in Auburn anymore
Rane owns Auburn now

Josh:maybe right now, but when this stuff supposedly happened, Lowder was head of finance and head chairman... isn't that correct?
is he not on the BOT anymore?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2010, 10:48:35 AM »
 :facepalm:

You cant argue with idiocy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2010, 10:58:20 AM »
You're right about that, coach.

You're kight about that, roach!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2010, 11:01:54 AM »
Josh: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/528661-bobby-lowder-may-be-the-next-logan-young-auburns-trustee-being-probed-by-feds
that is AU beloved bleacherreport
"Now, as Lowder's Colonial Bank collapsed last year, Lowder's power may be waning. While he still is arguably Auburn's most most powerful trustee, that may be a distinction that will only last a short while longer now, too."

Chad: That is 100% grade-A nonsense, as are most Bleacher Report blogs
read the comments
all of the commenters have more sense than that guy
even though he's inditing Alabama equally in that

Josh: well, very possible, i don't like it... but it does say that Lowder is AU most powerful booster still
and it just talks about his involvement with AU, and that is truth
and I can tell you, if Alabama's name was brought into this, I would not be blindly defending them... I'd just have my fingers crossed and hope for the best

Chad: The bottom line, on the Newton investigation, is that Auburn and Newton have been cleared by the NCAA
The fact is, the violation involved MSU. It does not affect his eligibility at AU. Case in point. An Alabama booster actually paid money for Albert Means to sign with Bama. Unlike the case with Cam, money actually changed hands. Yet, was Means ineligible to ever play football again? Nope. He signed with Memphis and went on to be a 2nd team All-CUSA player. So, if Means was eligible to play for any school besides Bama, why wouldn't Cam be eligible to play for any school besides MSU?
This other McGreggor/Lowder crap is a deflection since the Cam stuff is over

9:58am
Josh: but according to USATODAY, the Cam investigation is not over
Q. Does this mean the NCAA investigation is over?

A. No. We're talking about two different processes and departments within the NCAA. The reinstatement staff looked specifically at whether the father's actions with Mississippi State we...re enough to raise eligibility problems for Newton.
hey i agree the reporting on all this has gotten to be laughable
you've got media outlets going out and saying things that are completely different
bottom line is that after the court hearings with Lowder and McGregor we will know if Auburn is innocent or not... but until then, we do not know...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2010, 11:20:51 AM »
Chad: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/12/scarbinsky_au_ncaa_get_it_righ.html
The ruling isn't total closure, but it's about as close as the NCAA will come in this kind of case.

Focus on this statement from NCAA official Kevin Lennon: "Based on the information available to the reinstatement staff at this time, we do not have sufficient evidence that Cam Newton or anyone from Auburn was aware of this activity."

Don't think the NCAA didn't look for that evidence. Hard.

Some analysts have seized on the phrase "at this time" to suggest that the NCAA's investigation is still full steam ahead.

The NCAA's statement bolstered that notion when it said, "Reinstatement decisions are independent of the NCAA enforcement process and typically are made once the facts of the student-athlete's involvement are determined. The reinstatement process is likely to conclude prior to the close of an investigation."

Josh: right, unless something else comes out, then you are right

10:10am

Chad: But there's a key point the statement doesn't make. Auburn has not received an official letter of inquiry in this matter. That means it hasn't crossed the line from eligibility issue to infractions case.

It's always possible that new information can come to light, but consider the expert opinion of Montgomery attorney Donald Jackson, a frequent opponent of the NCAA in eligibility cases.

"If there was a big fire here, this ruling wouldn't have happened," Jackson said.

Josh: however, any info the FBI might have about it will not come out until after their case is handled and is of no more use to them...
and from the stuff i've heard, that is where the info is...with the FBI
not the NCAA

Chad: That's what you get from listening to Bama message boards
What in God's Green Earth would the FBI give a rat's ass about a college player's eligibility?

Josh: look it don't matter who said what, the cases will happen and then everyone will know, one way or the other
hell no they don't

Chad: The FBI is involved to put Kenny Rogers behind bars

Josh: no the FBI is involved to put Lowder in prison

and to investigate to find if the whole "Pay for play" thing is more widespread AT MSU.

they don't care about a two bit sports rep

Chad: maybe.
but that's a completely seperate thing
that has zero to do with paying players

Josh: miss st is in the clear in my opinion

Chad: Really?
you think Auburn is in trouble, but MSU is not?

Josh: they don't have any booster under federal indictments

Chad: when this whole thing was over MSU's recruitment of Newton, and Auburn was never under investigation to begin with?
Chad: And the NCAA came out and said he's eligible to play at Auburn?

Josh: it is all about the political corruption and bank fraud
and if the bank fraun includes paying players then yeah, Auburn is in trouble
wouldn't you agree with that
and don't you think there is at least the possibility of that ... i mean if Lowder is commiting bank fraud, don't you think he'd careless about paying players too
he is a snake
and how can anyone trust him
you can't say he isn't capable of doing something like that, given his track record

Chad: He isn't capable financially any more

Josh: maybe not now, but this stuff happened a year ago or more

i mean, is it not common sense that if Cecil asked Miss St for money, that he didn't at least ask Auburn for money also?
because up until yesterday it was just about the dealings with Miss State, but it looks as though that has been cleared now, and i think that they are now moving on
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:25:48 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2010, 11:21:47 AM »
Can't you just convince him to register him where we can have a public beating?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2010, 11:24:29 AM »
One fish, two fish, Redfish, Blue fish
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2010, 11:33:48 AM »
Can't you just convince him to register him where we can have a public beating?

Please, please, please.   

Do it Chad.  Sorry and no offense, but your friend is a fucking dumbass. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2010, 11:38:54 AM »
I cannot believe you are still arguing with him....this is the biggest idiot I have ever seen

BTW Colonial Bank collapsed long before anyone knew who the fuck Cam Newton was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2010, 11:43:18 AM »
Put the facebooks down and slowly walk away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2010, 11:48:33 AM »
No Shit
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2010, 11:57:06 AM »

Just put it down slowly.  No one gets hurt. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2010, 11:52:31 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5876716
NCAA will work to change bylaws
Thursday to the backlash that the governing body is allowing Cam Newton to play in the SEC championship game even though his father sought payment for his services.

"We recognize that many people are outraged at the notion that a parent or anyone else could 'shop around' a student-athlete and there would possibly not be repercussions on the student-athlete's eligibility," Emmert said in a statement on the NCAA's web site.

Emmert added that he's committed to "further clarifying and strengthening our recruiting and amateurism rules so they promote appropriate behavior by students, parents, coaches and third parties." He also said the NCAA will "work aggressively with our members to amend our bylaws so that this type of behavior is not a part of intercollegiate athletics."

The NCAA ruled Wednesday that the Heisman favorite was unaware of the pay-for-play scheme concocted by his father, Cecil, and the owner of a scouting service. The NCAA declared Newton eligible to play for Auburn (No. 1 BCS, No. 2 AP) Saturday against South Carolina (No. 19 BCS, No. 18 AP).

Cecil Newton and Kenny Rogers -- the former Mississippi State player who worked for an agent -- sought money for the quarterback to play for the Bulldogs.

George Lawson, the Newton family attorney, said Thursday that Cecil Newton cooperated with the NCAA.

"Cam's father participated in the investigation truthfully and honestly in terms of what he knew and what he didn't know, regardless of the consequences," Lawson told WSB-TV in Atlanta.

As to whether any money changed hands, the attorney said: "Absolutely not."

Lawson added that he "would hope" the investigation is over.

"But if it is not at an end, Cam and his family will continue to participate," he said
Within the span of two days, the NCAA notified Auburn of violations of amateurism rules, the school declared Newton ineligible, and then the governing body reinstated him, clearing Newton to compete without conditions.

The NCAA noted that reinstatement decisions are separate from the enforcement process and usually are "likely to conclude prior to the close of an investigation."

On its web site Thursday NCAA vice president of enforcement Julie Roe Lach said her staff investigates all types of rules violations.

"Some of these investigations affect student-athlete eligibility and others do not," Lach explained. "The investigation does not stop with a student-athlete eligibility issue, but school officials must address it as soon as they are aware of the violations."

Late Wednesday, USC athletic director Pat Haden told The Los Angeles Times that he was surprised by the NCAA's ruling on Newton.

USC was hit with sanctions this summer in the wake of the Reggie Bush investigation.

"In the Reggie Bush case, when the parent [did] something inappropriate the kid and the school suffered," Haden told The Times.

Bush returned the Heisman Trophy and the school was hit with a postseason ban, scholarship reductions and probation after the NCAA found that Bush and his parents accepted extra benefits from agents and sports marketers when Bush was at USC.

"I was always told the parent is the child. That's what we've been telling our kids," Haden said to the paper. "If the parent does something inappropriate the child suffers the consequences."

The NCAA took issue with comparisons made to the case involving Bush.

The NCAA said "If a student-athlete does not receive tangible benefits, that is a different situation from a student-athlete or family member who receives cash, housing or other benefits or knowingly competes and is compensated as a professional athlete."

Mark Jones, an Indianapolis attorney who works with NCAA-related cases, said the reinstatement committee generally relies on the school's self-report in making decisions involving eligibility issues and doesn't investigate.

He said the swift movement on reinstatement is common during an athlete's season.

"The student-athlete reinstatement staff's job is to evaluate things from the student-athlete's perspective," said Jones, the chair of collegiate sports practice for Ice Miller. "That's very important in analyzing what they're going to do in terms of whether any sanctions might be necessary for the student-athlete."

Kevin Lennon, NCAA vice president of academic and membership affairs, said on the web site that when the reinstatement staff reviews eligibility cases they review each case based on its own merits and specific facts.

"During the decision, we must examine a number of factors, including guidelines established by our membership for what conditions should be applied based on the nature and scope of the violation," Lennon said. "We also carefully consider any mitigating factors presented by the university to determine if relief from the guidelines should be provided."

Lennon said Wednesday of the Newton case:

"Based on the information available to the reinstatement staff at this time, we do not have sufficient evidence that Cam Newton or anyone from Auburn was aware of this activity, which led to his reinstatement."

The recruiting scandal, pay-for-play investigation may not be over as the NCAA has not closed the case on the Newtons, leaving the door open for future discipline.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions