Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cecil Admits to Discussing Under the Table Money - Sources Say

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Cecil Admits to Discussing Under the Table Money - Sources Say
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2010, 08:55:29 AM »
Tubbs aint stupid.
While academics is being cited as the reason for dropping Rogers, the timing of the move  perhaps speaks to the notorious reputation of Rogers’ father.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2010, 09:35:13 AM »
The way I read it, an ex-player is a representative for life. Along with anyone who has ever donated to the university.
This is from yall's own site. I think all schools post this on their official sites.
Here's the link.
http://auburntigers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/aub/genrel/auto_pdf/definition-rep-athletics

Bylaw 13.02.13 Representative of Athletics Interests
A "representative of the institution's athletics interests" is an individual, independent
agency, corporate entity (e.g., apparel or equipment manufacturer) or other organization
who is known (or who should have been known) by a member of the institution's
executive or athletics administration to: (Revised: 2/16/00)
(a) Have participated in or to be a member of an agency or organization promoting the
institution's intercollegiate athletics program;
(b) Have made financial contributions to the athletics department or to an athletics
booster organization of that institution;
(c) Be assisting or to have been requested (by the athletics department staff) to assist in
the recruitment of prospective student-athletes;
(d) Be assisting or to have assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes or
their families; or
(e) Have been involved otherwise in promoting the institution's athletics program.
Bylaw 13.02.13.1 Representative of Athletics Interests
Once an individual, independent agency, corporate entity or other organization is
identified as such a representative, the person, independent agency, corporate entity or
other organization retains that identity indefinitely. (Revised: 2/16/00)

Thanks tits. Now you and  :bamahomer: can go discuss why Auburn should be fucked in this whole situation.

Can you start a new thread though just for the two of you? Thanks!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2010, 10:33:21 AM »
I think I read an article about Tuberville dropping his scholarship offer a few days ago.

http://sportsbybrooks.com/rogers-past-ties-to-pelini-tuberville-troubling-29235

Thought I had heard that too, but couldn't find a link to confirm it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2010, 10:49:30 AM »
What I saw was something along the lines of Texas Southern in Houston. Might be wrong but never saw  Texas Tech mentioned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2010, 10:56:04 AM »
The way I read it, an ex-player is a representative for life. Along with anyone who has ever donated to the university.
This is from yall's own site. I think all schools post this on their official sites.
Here's the link.
http://auburntigers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/aub/genrel/auto_pdf/definition-rep-athletics

Bylaw 13.02.13 Representative of Athletics Interests
A "representative of the institution's athletics interests" is an individual, independent
agency, corporate entity (e.g., apparel or equipment manufacturer) or other organization
who is known (or who should have been known) by a member of the institution's
executive or athletics administration to: (Revised: 2/16/00)
(a) Have participated in or to be a member of an agency or organization promoting the
institution's intercollegiate athletics program;
(b) Have made financial contributions to the athletics department or to an athletics
booster organization of that institution;
(c) Be assisting or to have been requested (by the athletics department staff) to assist in
the recruitment of prospective student-athletes;
(d) Be assisting or to have assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes or
their families; or
(e) Have been involved otherwise in promoting the institution's athletics program.
Bylaw 13.02.13.1 Representative of Athletics Interests
Once an individual, independent agency, corporate entity or other organization is
identified as such a representative, the person, independent agency, corporate entity or
other organization retains that identity indefinitely. (Revised: 2/16/00)

Tits...

If you'll notice I made a distinction in my post...I know that a booster can be a "representative".  The NCAA still needs an overt act to make the connection in the case of a booster, or "representative" in cases like this.  IOW, money would have to change hands....mere discussions wouldn't suffice.  And again. the fact that money never changed hands is huge. 

In legal terms.  If I shoot you and kill you, or point a gun at you and say I'm gonna kill you, both are illegal, but both are treated very differently under the law. Yet, you, and many bammers want Cam treated like he committed the most serious of offenses, or want all offenses treated the same no matter how serious, or who knew about what.

Finally, as I read that rule...tell me who can be legally "assisting in recruiting or providing benefits" other than coaches or employees of the institution?  And tell me which one Rogers qualifies under the make him a representative of MSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2010, 11:11:43 AM »

You should have just asked the prowler.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2010, 01:09:48 PM »
You should have just asked the prowler.

But there would have been NO link, just a quote.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

boartitz

« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2010, 02:16:22 PM »
Thanks tits. Now you and  :bamahomer: can go discuss why Auburn should be fucked in this whole situation.

Can you start a new thread though just for the two of you? Thanks!
Dumbfuck. I'm on your side. It's to our benefit if Auburn wins out and yall are my second favorite team in the conference.
I was just showing what the NCAA considers a booster/rep. I'm a booster of the Razorbacks by the fact that I have donated to the Razorback Foundation. Not that ever expect to meet any of the recruits, but if I do there are different rules of conduct pertaining to me versus the casual fan because of that status.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2010, 04:53:06 PM »
Dumbphuk. I'm on your side. It's to our benefit if Auburn wins out and yall are my second favorite team in the conference.
I was just showing what the NCAA considers a booster/rep. I'm a booster of the Razorbacks by the fact that I have donated to the Razorback Foundation. Not that ever expect to meet any of the recruits, but if I do there are different rules of conduct pertaining to me versus the casual fan because of that status.
I've limited most of my thoughts on the subject due to the "feelings" I have for my team. I want to buy the positive stuff as it suits me and ditch the negative as it suits me. It's very hard to be objective when the overall perception of your team is tarnished. The past doesn't help. And for every fragment to this story that has trickeled out, there have been numerous open-ended explanations, opinions and retorts from unqualified sources as if one size fits all.

I heard Cowherd slam Auburn e-mails, Bob Davie telling a national audience what he would do as a father about the claims, I mentioned Brando in another post, Barnhart et al...so many views and interpretations of what has, hasn't and might happen.

It's everywhere and all eyes are on Auburn. the NFL headline is Jen Sterger and then it is the Cam Newton saga. My team is handling the adversity well and I want them to finish strong and look good doing it for themselves and Auburn University. This is a magical season and much of the negative press cannot be contolled...but how Auburn conducts itself can.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2010, 06:07:43 PM »
I've limited most of my thoughts on the subject due to the "feelings" I have for my team. I want to buy the positive stuff as it suits me and ditch the negative as it suits me. It's very hard to be objective when the overall perception of your team is tarnished. The past doesn't help. And for every fragment to this story that has trickeled out, there have been numerous open-ended explanations, opinions and retorts from unqualified sources as if one size fits all.

I heard Cowherd slam Auburn e-mails, Bob Davie telling a national audience what he would do as a father about the claims, I mentioned Brando in another post, Barnhart et al...so many views and interpretations of what has, hasn't and might happen.

It's everywhere and all eyes are on Auburn. the NFL headline is Jen Sterger and then it is the Cam Newton saga. My team is handling the adversity well and I want them to finish strong and look good doing it for themselves and Auburn University. This is a magical season and much of the negative press cannot be contolled...but how Auburn conducts itself can.

Well said jmar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2010, 06:15:56 PM »

I don't know the truth of the matter. I don't get being lumped in with the gloom and doomers and bammers. Where have I been calling for Auburn to get the death penalty? Methinks it is much ado about nothing. I hope that also.
It's a fishy deal, bad timing, sour grapes kinda thing. Again, I hope yall win out and we do, too.(And yall won't do it without Cam being eligible). It's our best chance for the Sugar Bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2010, 07:37:29 PM »
Do not be suprised if Gus bails. He doesn't need the drama on his resume.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2010, 07:46:52 PM »

:haha:

He runs a gimmicky high school offense anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2010, 07:57:30 PM »

Mere drama cannot penetrate my genius. And I will continue running a gimmicky offense at Auburn for the rest of my days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2010, 08:27:07 PM »

Mere drama cannot penetrate my genius. And I will continue running a gimmicky offense at Auburn for the rest of my days.
I have a hint that you don't have a clue about. Goober sez :Hey:. Rocky mountain high.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2010, 08:39:15 PM »
I have a hint that you don't have a clue about. Goober sez :Hey:. Rocky mountain high.

Good luck to him...I wish him well..he's on short lists because?  That's right, Auburn's offense fucking rocks.  Auburn was Auburn before Malzahn, nobody believed he'd be worth a shit...you know all the "gimmicky high school offense, that bullshit won't work in the SEC" vomit?  Guess what?  It works...we're averaging over a 100 yards a game on the ground more than the #2 rushing team in the SEC.  It works...and there's another OC that can work with talent too. 

When the best the pundits can bring is "your OC is getting  a HC job, and your QB is going to the draft"...that means you're fucking having a kick ass season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2010, 08:53:05 PM »
Mountain air is my kryptonite. I will be a force in the south. Bank it bitches.
                                               -anonymous author of gimmicky offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2010, 09:27:19 AM »
  you need to feel important don't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2010, 09:29:23 AM »

Gus doesn't strike me as a stupid guy.  Anyone who would walk in there not named McCartney at this point would have to be stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2010, 03:10:59 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse, but since I was asked to provide the statute:

http://sec.xosdigitallabs.com/Portals/3/SEC%20Website/football/Constitution.pdf
14.01.3.2 Financial Aid. If at any time before or after matriculation (enrollment) in a member institution a student-athlete or any member of his/her family receives or agrees to receive, directly or indirectly, any aid or assistance beyond or in addition to that permitted by the Bylaws of this Conference (except such aid or assistance as such student-athlete may receive from those persons on whom the student is naturally or legally dependent for support), such student athlete shall be ineligible for competition in any inter collegiate sport within the Conference for the remainder of his/her college career.
This is actually an SEC bylaw, but it basically echoes the NCAA rule. Anyway, it doesn't matter where he attends. It doesn't matter if money changes hands. It doesn't matter if Cam knew or not. If his dad talked to an MSU booster about money, Cam will be ineligible.

And as far as Slive telling MSU that the SEC isn't an investigative body?
19.10.3.4 The Commissioner has the duty and power to investigate the validity of violations and impose penalties and sanctions against member institutions, their athletic staff members or student-athletes, for practices and conduct which violate the spirit, as well as the letter of NCAA and SEC rules and regulations. This shall include the ability to render prospective student-athletes or current student athletes ineligible for competition due to their involvement in a violation of NCAA or SEC rules that occurs during the individual’s recruitment. The Commissioner also has the authority to suspend institutional staff members from participation in recruiting activities or participation in practice and/or competition due to their involvement in violations of NCAA or SEC rules.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:13:35 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler