Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Topic For Discussion On A Slow Day

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Topic For Discussion On A Slow Day
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2010, 12:26:03 PM »
I can't see Lord Saybinz being successful in the NFL mainly due to his style or more importantly, his need to control everything.  Still works for the most part with 17-21 year old guys but professionals making millions don't take orders real well.  That was one of the knocks on Shula in his tenure.  It was rumored that he handled his players more in the way he was taught growing up in being around big Shula and the pro game.  Little discipline and giving players more free reign.  Saybinz appears to be the polar opposite.

I think you see a prime example of that with the Moss/Vikings situation.  I saw interviews with Favre, Percy Harvey and one other player and they were openly questioning Childress and the decision to let Moss go.  Pull that crap in college and you'll be heading home in a heartbeat.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2010, 12:33:46 PM »
I can't see Lord Saybinz being successful in the NFL mainly due to his style or more importantly, his need to control everything.  Still works for the most part with 17-21 year old guys but professionals making millions don't take orders real well.  That was one of the knocks on Shula in his tenure.  It was rumored that he handled his players more in the way he was taught growing up in being around big Shula and the pro game.  Little discipline and giving players more free reign.  Saybinz appears to be the polar opposite.

I think you see a prime example of that with the Moss/Vikings situation.  I saw interviews with Favre, Percy Harvey and one other player and they were openly questioning Childress and the decision to let Moss go.  Pull that crap in college and you'll be heading home in a heartbeat.

What the fuck ever. We run shit.

Signed,

Bill Parcells
and
Bill Belichick
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »

And Saban's whole aura is his ability to thrive as the all knowing sage,  teacher/ father image role model, football imitates life thing which doesn't play well among the wealthy, athletic laborers in the NFL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2010, 12:41:38 PM »
He had one shot in the NFL.

Big difference between Dallas (now) and Miami then( Talent wise). Jerry want's one more ring(s) before retiring-He is just to block headed to see the puppets he keeps hiring ain't gonna get it done. This season may open his eyes along with his age.

I hope he either keeps wade or gets another douche- Makes life funny on Sundays around here.

Of course perfect story would be Lord Turd leave Turdville and come here and fall flat on his face (again)
This - all of it.

Jerry is the Steinbrenner of the NFL.  Winning is everything, money be damned.  Phillips is done.  The talent is there but even if it is not there, Jerry will buy it for whomever replaces Phillips.  The culture around Dallas will accept a Saban-esque type coach, because the fanbase is blasting the players all to hell and back.  They (the players) would do anything to win again...

However, I also think that Saban would have to win IMMEDIATELY at Dallas to make them accept his dickhead personality.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2010, 12:51:56 PM »
This - all of it.

Jerry is the Steinbrenner of the NFL.  Winning is everything, money be damned.  Phillips is done.  The talent is there but even if it is not there, Jerry will buy it for whomever replaces Phillips.  The culture around Dallas will accept a Saban-esque type coach, because the fanbase is blasting the players all to hell and back.  They (the players) would do anything to win again...

However, I also think that Saban would have to win IMMEDIATELY at Dallas to make them accept his dickhead personality.

Dallas fans are alot like turd fans-Win and they will put up with anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2010, 01:43:47 PM »
Dallas fans are alot like turd fans-Win and they will put up with anything.

So basically the bama job will have prepared him well. You know when Saban was at Miami, it didn't seem like he was in his true form. I'm thinking he is gonna have to take his Napoleon persona with him to Dallas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2010, 01:45:32 PM »
May be.  I think it would be stupid to judge him by these last few games.  Either you realize he's in a rebuilding cycle and give him a year or two to work through it, or you think he can't get the job done and fire him regardless.  But, unfortunately we live in a world now where one game can make or break you.  You're a good coach with the last win, and shitty coach with the last loss.  Sad the way things are, but that's the way they are. 

Personally, I would have said keep Richt.  Good record, just needs to work through the rebuilding time...needs this QB to mature.  But if you play the game the way it's played these days, you go hire the next young gun that's full of piss and vinegar, or some guy that's waited his turn and will hire a go-getter staff (like Chiz).   And since UGA is likely (if they fire Richt) to be one of the few big time jobs open this year, along with probably Miami, they may have their pick of "soon to be great coaches".  I'm not positive Mullen is that, but might be.  However, if they do that, they may have to suffer through "recruiting players to fit the new coach's needs and wants".

The big question I have with Mark is he another Lloyd Carr? He seems to always have good recruiting classes and seasons, but eventually if you don't win against the Gators and the East...somethings gotta give.  Looking through a bystanders glasses, cause I don't care whether they keep him or not, who is out there that is a step above him? Mullen...not yet maybe? Muschamp and Smart are both unproven.  I think they should give him at least one more year.

On the other topic, no way Saban goes back to the pros, he is way too power hungry and professional athletes aren't going to put up with his shit. I would eat Snaggle's hat if he were to go back to the pros.  Like it or not, I think he is at bama for awhile, until he gets sick of them or starts losing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2010, 01:48:34 PM »
The big question I have with Mark is he another Lloyd Carr? He seems to always have good recruiting classes and seasons, but eventually if you don't win against the Gators and the East...somethings gotta give.  Looking through a bystanders glasses, cause I don't care whether they keep him or not, who is out there that is a step above him? Mullen...not yet maybe? Muschamp and Smart are both unproven.  I think they should give him at least one more year.

On the other topic, no way Saban goes back to the pros, he is way too power hungry and professional athletes aren't going to put up with his shit. I would eat Snaggle's hat if he were to go back to the pros.  Like it or not, I think he is at bama for awhile, until he gets sick of them or starts losing.

^^yep
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2010, 02:00:20 PM »
Are there any Georgia underling homeboys available with a resume?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2010, 02:02:02 PM »
Are there any Georgia underling homeboys available with a resume?

Other than Kirby Smart, and Will Muschamp?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2010, 02:05:41 PM »

I could see one scenario, a really bad season here in Dallas. Something along the lines 3-13. Jerry in a desperate move to get credibility again, hires Lord Turd (HUGH Money) and some kind of general manager duties.

The reason they do it:

Jerry hasn’t had a splash in a while One playoff win in the last 14 years-Hiring what some consider the best college coach out there.

Lord Turd: He wants to be one of the college coaches they wins a MNC and a super bowl-Quickest route is Dallas-Talent is here. 

Would it last-NO   they would kill each other.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 02:24:43 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

JR4AU

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2010, 02:12:10 PM »

I could see one scenario, a really bad season here in Dallas. Something along the lines 3-15. Jerry in a desperate move to get credibility again, hires Lord Turd (HUGH Money) and some kind of general manager duties.

The reason they do it:

Jerry hasn’t had a splash in a while One playoff win in the last 14 years-Hiring what some consider the best college coach out there.

Lord Turd: He wants to be one of the college coaches they wins a MNC and a super bowl-Quickest route is Dallas-Talent is here. 

Would it last-NO   they would kill each other.

I wouldn't ever say "never".  Jerry Waives $8 Mil in Teri Saban's face, and tells Nick he'll be in control of all the coaching...Nick would entertain it.  Jones didn't get rich without being able to persuade some folks to do some shit, or outright lying a time or two.  Not predicting it, just sayin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2010, 02:38:49 PM »
I wouldn't ever say "never".  Jerry Waives $8 Mil in Teri Saban's face, and tells Nick he'll be in control of all the coaching...Nick would entertain it.  Jones didn't get rich without being able to persuade some folks to do some poop, or outright lying a time or two.  Not predicting it, just sayin'.
The boosters will sell their souls to keep their little coaching god. Short term money great, long term at "Big D", not so promising.
Terri and I are gonna ride this fn shitstorm.
Signed: Lil' Nicky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2010, 02:45:56 PM »
The boosters will sell their souls to keep their little coaching god. Short term money great, long term at "Big D", not so promising.
Terri and I are gonna ride this fn shitstorm.
Signed: Lil' Nicky.

Saban-Bryant-Denny Stadium?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2010, 02:53:58 PM »
He will either retire there or get run out of town when they lose their fourth Iron Bowl in a row and haven't sniffed a MNC since the one they got last year.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 02:57:49 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2010, 02:57:16 PM »
He will either retire there or get run out of town when they their fourth Iron Bowl in a row and haven't sniffed a MNC since the one they got last year.

Yeah not sure about the four IB comment but the rest is dead on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2010, 03:12:55 PM »
I just do not ever want to outplay their ass only to be beaten by a last second field goal. That's my greatest fanatical fear. It happened once and I died a little that day. Auburn should be able to split with the phukers though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2010, 03:16:55 PM »

Yes, he gave them one.  And in their own words, I've heard them say it even, an SECC doesn't mean much these days...so by their own admission, it's all or nothing, and no championship = unsuccessful season to them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2010, 03:17:40 PM »
I just do not ever want to outplay their ass only to be beaten by a last second field goal. That's my greatest fanatical fear. It happened once and I died a little that day. Auburn should be able to split with the phukers though.

You had to bring that up, didn't you.  The only time I felt worse than I did that day walking out of Lesion Field, was when they announced Dax was leaving the team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2010, 03:19:13 PM »
You had to bring that up, didn't you.  The only time I felt worse than I did that day walking out of Lesion Field, was when they announced Dax was leaving the team.

Who?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan