Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Topic For Discussion On A Slow Day

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Topic For Discussion On A Slow Day
« on: November 03, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
I was just looking at Miss. State's year so far and they have quietly posted a 7-2 record and nice ranking for the first time in fo-evah.  Strangely, with the offensive prowess of Mullen, they're doing a lot of it with defense, giving up only 17 points per game.  Bama and Arky are up next with the Egg Bowl after that.  If they somehow pulled a 2-1 record out of that, Mullen would have to get some real recognition for Corch of the Year (Well behind The Chin, of course)

With his assistant corching resume and a pretty stout body of work at a very tough place to win, does MSU have what it takes ($$$) to keep this guy?  Should Richt get popped by AU and GT, do they punt him and offer Mullen?  Would Colorado come calling?  I don't know what MSU pays but I wouldn't imagine they could match some of the bigger playas in D1. If he somehow beats Bama next week, does that put this guy on the map as one of the hot commodities in Corching?

Thoughts?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Topic For Discussion On A Slow Day
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 03:30:43 PM »
He's definitely building a resume and I don't expect him to stay at MSU.

HOWEVER,

You don't leave the SEC to go coach at fucking Colorado.  He'll take over at UF when Urb is done.  If something within the conference comes open, he might take a look, but I doubt he'll jump unless the $$ increase significantly.

But, then, the next coach I represent will be my first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 03:35:30 PM »
The prevailing school of thought is that if Richt gets tossed, they'll go after Georgia boy, Kirby Smart.  But, I've always been wary of going after an assistant to start his head corching career at a major D1 position.  Even though there's always plenty of exceptions to the rule like Richt and Mullen.  I'd just rather have someone who has gotten their feet wet and has their own plan in place.  Mullen would make sense to me.  Dude could be scary with real talent. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »
personally, i don't think richt has much to worry.  sure the fan basejawga rednecks are in an uproar but the decision makersmoney providers still have a bit of confidence in his ability to lead this team. 

mullen, impressive season.  i'm just wondering if he's ready to bolt.  get a few more good seasons @ MSU to solidify the resume. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 03:47:52 PM »
Those who build a resume in the south want to remain in the south. No to Colorado. WVU is a better gig. I don't think Mullen can build much more of a resume in the SEC West after beating Bama once though. But I guess he could get Nutted and hang around a few years and fight it out for Mississipi supremacy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 04:02:49 PM »
Mullen is originally from Pennsylvania and of course, he corched at Utah before heading to the Gayta.I can see the WVU or possibly PSU attraction should JoPa finally keel over at 84.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 04:31:54 PM »
Mullen is originally from Pennsylvania and of course, he corched at Utah before heading to the Gayta.I can see the WVU or possibly PSU attraction should JoPa finally keel over at 84.
And I think I heard PSU has a inhouse coach that has waited over 15 + years for JoePa to move on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 04:36:18 PM »
And I think I heard PSU has a inhouse coach that has waited over 15 + years for JoePa to move on.

Boy is he gonna' be pissed when PSU names West Virginia native...LORD SAYBINZ...as the new Head Corch of teh Nittany Lyonz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 04:38:24 PM »
I think the only two schools outside of the SEC that Mullen would go to would be WVU and Penn St.  I don't what the prospects of him landing either job would be.  Go with chinook on this one.  Stay at MSU have a few more solid years.  Wait for Urb to die of heart problems or bolt out UF and then he will take that over.  I know some the USCe fans are wanting Lord Visor to hang it up and then go after Mullen big time.

I asked a recent MSU grad about his team yesterday and told him I was glad we played them early with the way they are playing right now.  He told me that rumor has it, that some big time boosters have rounded up some money to bump Mullen's salary if needed to hang on to him for a while longer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 04:43:28 PM »
I asked a recent MSU grad about his team yesterday and told him I was glad we played them early with the way they are playing right now.  He told me that rumor has it, that some big time boosters have rounded up some money to bump Mullen's salary if needed to hang on to him for a while longer.

Fuck that. I am not sure if you were being nice, but with the way Cam and this offense is improving every week, we would beat Miss. State by 21 points if we were playing them Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 04:48:06 PM »
I think the only two schools outside of the SEC that Mullen would go to would be WVU and Penn St.  I don't what the prospects of him landing either job would be.  Go with chinook on this one.  Stay at MSU have a few more solid years.  Wait for Urb to die of heart problems or bolt out UF and then he will take that over.  I know some the USCe fans are wanting Lord Visor to hang it up and then go after Mullen big time.

State wouldn't stand a chance now.  Malzahn was still tinkering with the offense then.  And State might cough up a little money...enough to keep him from going to a shitty gig like Colorado...but if a major BCS school calls...one with a chance to win...he's gone like fart in the wind.  Nobody stays at MSU, they either die on the vine, or move on to better things, and I can't recall one ever leaving there for better things in my lifetime.  Mullen may be the the first, and better, because you know how it goes...if you lose, even at MSU, you're a fucking brain dead, hack of a coach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 04:49:21 PM »
Boy is he gonna' be pissed when PSU names West Virginia native...LORD SAYBINZ...as the new Head Corch of teh Nittany Lyonz.
We can't allow Saban to leave Alabama. We need him to complete us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 04:56:17 PM »
We can't allow Saban to leave Alabama. We need him to complete us.

He's like a big brother to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 05:00:05 PM »
He's like a big brother to me.
Me too and I was adopted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 05:14:19 PM »
Snaggie, I love you.  You know that.

But if you love me just the slightest bit in return, you will STOP USING THE  WORD CORCH.  It was funny the first few times.  Not so much anymore.  To be honest, it really gets on my everlovin last nerve.

Just sayin'. 

XXOXOX.

J

**cue all the rest of the nine-year old boys on here to immediately make multiple posts using every permutation of the word Corch they can.  Fuck y'all in advance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 05:20:14 PM »

But if you love me just the slightest bit in return, you will STOP USING THE  WORD CORCH.  It was funny the first few times.  Not so much anymore.  To be honest, it really gets on my everlovin last nerve.

Just sayin'. 

XXOXOX.

J

**cue all the rest of the nine-year old boys on here to immediately make multiple posts using every permutation of the word Corch they can.  phuk y'all in advance.
Snaggie bro,

Wench is right. Cease and desist with the corch ref. It blew way back when. Love, The Prowler.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 05:48:26 PM »

Just sayin'. 

XXOXOX.

J

**cue all the rest of the nine-year old boys on here to immediately make multiple posts using every permutation of the word Corch they can.  Fuck y'all in advance.

That is a gusty post
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 06:18:08 PM »
I believe THS (me) predicted the Mullen-UGA talks back in week 2 or 3 of the season. 

Bow down, bitches.  I told ya it would happen!  Half of you motherfuckers thought I was crazy.  Look who's stupid now haha peace out. 

(By the way, Tiger Wench, I completely agree.  In fact, I shudder every time I see him write "corch."  In another fact, I was watching the election results last night thinking about how many dumbasses are getting elected and my mind drifted to that black woman saying "corch" while holding the floor of the greatest government in the world.  Then I thought of TigersX and people still typing "corch" and I shuddered again.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 06:25:16 PM »
I believe THS (me) predicted the Mullen-UGA talks back in week 2 or 3 of the season. 

Bow down, bitches.  I told ya it would happen!  Half of you motherphukers thought I was crazy.  Look who's stupid now haha peace out. 

(By the way, Tiger Wench, I completely agree.  In fact, I shudder every time I see him write "corch."  In another fact, I was watching the election results last night thinking about how many dumbasses are getting elected and my mind drifted to that black woman saying "corch" while holding the floor of the greatest government in the world.  Then I thought of TigersX and people still typing "corch" and I shuddered again.)
Seems as if you borrowed some skreets and now you are revelling in your near correct prediction by some incredible Prowlerlike fashion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 07:50:09 PM »

Just sayin'. 

XXOXOX.

J

i loath loathe the word corch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions