Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Does Florida Suck this Bad?

boartitz

Re: Does Florida Suck this Bad?
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 05:32:14 PM »
   Ark is all Mallet.     
We are not all Mallett. He distributes the ball. Our receivers are the weapon.
I am disappointed with our run production. We have some "good" backs, but they aren't getting it done so far. We really miss Dennis Johnson. Green has been getting most of the carries, but he's in the game mainly because he is the best pass blocker of our backs. Knile Davis should be getting the ball more. He's a hard runner. Wingo has been dancing around if a run up the line is called.
I'm hoping that we used the bye week to work on the rushing situation. BMFP ain't no dummy and he knows what the problem is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2010, 06:00:09 PM »
I am disappointed with our run production. We have some "good" backs, but they aren't getting it done so far. We really miss Dennis Johnson. Green has been getting most of the carries, but he's in the game mainly because he is the best pass blocker of our backs. Knile Davis should be getting the ball more. He's a hard runner. Wingo has been dancing around if a run up the line is called.
I'm hoping that we used the bye week to work on the rushing situation. BMFP ain't no dummy and he knows what the problem is.
AU's concern should be Kentucky but since the discussion has evolved... your team rushed for 130 per last season. Wingo is an asset out of the backfield similar to Fannin. Sure you miss Johnson but I know Arky had Bama on the ropes after the first half, something that probably won't occur again this season. Yes there were mistakes at the end. But they used that mulligan once already and I'm not as confident about our coverage and Arky's impending failure when Mallett could throw 50 passes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2010, 06:16:24 PM »
There seems to be a sudden pooppotful of confidence in our ability to cover.
 Arky throws!
We stop THE RUN!
They are very similar to last year in personnel and what they do.
What we do better this year is adjust.
 But look at the come from behind wins against the SEC.
 Forget ArkyState and LaMonroe- they just provide reps and stats.

You apparently missed the part where I said that Mallet will get his yards.  I don't think you can be completely one dimensional and win at a high level.  They can't play keep away from Cam.  We will score.  Mallet has to carry them...I don't think he can AND they stop our offense too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2010, 06:19:50 PM »
AU's concern should be Kentucky but since the discussion has evolved...

I'm sure they are since they're the next team.  But as War Eagle reminded me last week...we aren't the one's preparing for a game.  Since you mention it though, Kentucky isn't very good.  They've only beat BAD teams, and lost badly to decent teams.  Actually, of the coming weeks, I honestly believe Ole Miss will be our biggest challenge.  They''re improving, and like us, have a multi-talented QB.  Getting pressure on Masoli is only half the battle. He can still make you pay.  Mark my words, Ole Miss is getting better each week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2010, 06:22:19 PM »

Mallet is carrying this Ark. team.  Ark is like 109 in Rush Offense.  This is not to say that a one dimensional team can't beat Auburn, Mallet could have the game of his life, and likely our secondary will make him look at his best...I just think that the lack of run game will cause too many 2nd and 3rd and long situations that pressure will be had on him, and mistakes made by him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2010, 06:41:02 PM »
Mallet is carrying this Ark. team.  Ark is like 109 in Rush Offense.  This is not to say that a one dimensional team can't beat Auburn, Mallet could have the game of his life, and likely our secondary will make him look at his best...I just think that the lack of run game will cause too many 2nd and 3rd and long situations that pressure will be had on him, and mistakes made by him.
I think defense will win this game. Our defense has jumped from last in the SEC last year to the top half this year.
Yall's defense is good against the run, but we don't do that very well so far anyways. Yall haven't been tested in the secondary like you will against us.
Likewise, our secondary is suspect, but we are pretty fair against the run. I'm thinking Cam will have to beat us with his arm. He showed that that is possible yesterday. It'll be a damn good game between two top ten teams when it rolls around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2010, 06:49:46 PM »
My thoughts exactly.

I'm still unimpressed with SPuat.  SPuat's SECOND true test will come next Saturday against USCe...if Garcia doesn't gift wrap the game like Mallet and like UF did all night, then SPuat will have a very long trip home.
If you're unimpressed with Alabama at this point, then you have to be unimpressed with Auburn. And that's not meant to put AU down either. For that matter, UA and AU are playing the best ball out of the entire conference, with USCe coming in after that. Stop being a homer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

boartitz

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 07:02:06 PM »
  For that matter, UA and AU are playing the best ball out of the entire conference, with USCe coming in after that. Stop being a homer.
Let's see who plays Bama closer than we did. I'm impressed with yall's team this year. If yall lose, yall will beat yourselves somehow. It can happen. Watch out for Ole Miss, that crazy bastard there pulls some shit sometimes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2010, 07:37:39 PM »
No one can or should argue that Mallett carries Arkansas, but if you check out the Red Cup Rebellion you can get the true line score of Ole Miss and Kentucky. I listened to the 1st half on my way through Mississippi and it was anything but a shining victory for the Rebs-who suck! Block Jerrel Powe! That's it. Masoli struggles still. I have no doubt that he can improve but Kentucky gave that one away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2010, 07:55:02 PM »
No one can or should argue that Mallett carries Arkansas, but if you check out the Red Cup Rebellion you can get the true line score of Ole Miss and Kentucky. I listened to the 1st half on my way through Mississippi and it was anything but a shining victory for the Rebs-who suck! Block Jerrel Powe! That's it. Masoli struggles still. I have no doubt that he can improve but Kentucky gave that one away.
KY's 3 turnovers gave Ole Miss the ball on a short field for TDs. Nutt is Les Miles lucky. 21 point schwing right there and Ole Miss wins by 7.
I hope Gus hangs 9 touchdowns on Nutts ass this year.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 07:56:09 PM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2010, 08:01:39 PM »
KY's 3 turnovers gave Ole Miss the ball on a short field for TDs. Nutt is Les Miles lucky. 21 point schwing right there and Ole Miss wins by 7.
I hope Gus hangs 9 touchdowns on Nutts ass this year.
I hope Gus turns into a heartless bastard on the 30th of October myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 09:38:54 AM »
Let's see who plays Bama closer than we did. I'm impressed with yall's team this year. If yall lose, yall will beat yourselves somehow. It can happen. Watch out for Ole Miss, that crazy bastard there pulls some shit sometimes.
I'm thinking USCe might play us close, much like last year. Last year, their defense was a top 20 defense. This year, it's fairly mediocre. I think they will play a little over their heads, especially with being at home. Their offense hasn't improved all that much. I guess it just depends on which Alabama team we get; the team that came out against Arkansas, or the team that came out against Florida. I do think that we will be able to get good pressure on Garcia, as our primary pass rushers are getting healthy.

Something I've noticed is that it seems as if more emphasis is being put on pushing the pocket on the QB and pressuring him into INTs instead of sacking him. This can be good, and bad I suppose. It seems to be working out fairly well so far. We also have the best pass efficiency in the SEC, and 3rd best in the country. The pass defense as a whole is 50th in the country, and 7th in the SEC. Obvious room for improvement, but not horrible for a secondary made up of true freshmen and sophomores, and losing 13 guys out of your 2 deep on defense. 

As far as Nutt goes, I just don't think Ole Miss has it in them this season. I don't think he has the team with him. I don't see any way they come to Tuscaloosa and leave with a win. He is one crazy bastard, and that's usually why that game worries me. I'm just not seeing an issue this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2010, 09:40:18 AM »
Something else, while I am rambling......

Why the hell is it that Marquis Maze can come in and throw a perfect ball on the fade route to the corner of the end zone, but McElroy overthrows it every damn time???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2010, 09:46:40 AM »
Something else, while I am rambling......

Why the hell is it that Marquis Maze can come in and throw a perfect ball on the fade route to the corner of the end zone, but McElroy overthrows it every damn time???

Red assed luck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2010, 09:55:03 AM »
Red assed luck.
Has to be. Maze played some QB in HS, but McElroy is a QB....right now. Aggrivates the living crap out of me because we throw that fade to Julio at least once a game, if not 3 times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 10:01:15 AM »
Actually, of the coming weeks, I honestly believe Ole Miss will be our biggest challenge.  They''re improving, and like us, have a multi-talented QB.  Getting pressure on Masoli is only half the battle. He can still make you pay.  Mark my words, Ole Miss is getting better each week.

Funny, I said the exact same thing last week..  I said knowing our luck we will get through UK, ARKy and LSWho and then get beat by Ole Piss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2010, 10:09:33 AM »
RWS, I think you will probably destroy USCe this week.   The key to them is pressure Garcia and that is y'all best feature.

As for Florida, while I do think bama is a very good team, Florida is a team struggling for an identity.  Urban Cryer was out-coached IN EVERY FACET OF THE GAME by $aban pure and simple.  I think the dumbest series in the game was Myer going for the TD at the beginning of the game. It gave bama all the momentum they needed.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2010, 10:14:59 AM »
I know this make come across has an Auburn homer but I seriously think that the only real test bama will have the rest of the season is we play them. The funny thing about that is some of the teams bama will have played are some of the same that will be test for us. Some of that of course is contributed to the fact we haven't beat those teams in a couple of years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2010, 10:20:36 AM »
Funny, I said the exact same thing last week..  I said knowing our luck we will get through UK, ARKy and LSWho and then get beat by Ole Piss.

I agree with both of you. Ole Miss losing to Jackie State and Vanderbilly was the worst thing that could have happened to everyone else on their schedule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 11:14:24 AM »
RWS, I think you will probably destroy USCe this week.   The key to them is pressure Garcia and that is y'all best feature.

As for Florida, while I do think bama is a very good team, Florida is a team struggling for an identity.  Urban Cryer was out-coached IN EVERY FACET OF THE GAME by $aban pure and simple.  I think the dumbest series in the game was Myer going for the TD at the beginning of the game. It gave bama all the momentum they needed.

I will call it like this, bammer beats them by 17 at least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan