Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I submit to you....

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: I submit to you....
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »
I would like to have seen one shot at something not too outrageous on first down.  Something like a screen or a swing pass.  If you get 10-15 and a first down, then open it up a little more.  If not successful, then run it out.  I certainly didn't want Cam throwing it down the field.

This guy gets it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2010, 03:05:25 PM »
Yeah but you forget we were at our own 13 yard line.  If you go 3 and out or turn the ball over you set them up to have a chance to win.  At least in overtime, you get your shot on a shortened field.  You should at least be able to score 3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2010, 09:28:56 PM »
Yeah but you forget we were at our own 13 yard line.  If you go 3 and out or turn the ball over you set them up to have a chance to win.  At least in overtime, you get your shot on a shortened field.  You should at least be able to score 3.

Disagree.  Had we gone for it and gone for the win, I know for a fact based on all the hue and cry last week, everybody would be applauding the aggression even if it had cost us the game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2010, 10:47:28 PM »
The cousinfucker also knows as Token brings up an interesting point with this quote:

Individual Passing Leaders
RK    Name    Team    COMP    ATT    PCT    YDS    AVG    TD    INT    SCK    SCK/YDS    RATING
1     Greg McElroy     Alabama    43    60    71.7    705    11.8    6    1    4    -12    200.0
2     Dan Persa     Northwestern    62    76    81.6    769    10.1    6    0    6    -43    192.6
3     Andrew Luck     Stanford    45    70    64.3    674    9.6    10    0    1    -8    192.3
4     Cameron Newton     Auburn    27    47    57.4    525    11.2    7    3    5    -34    187.7
5     Ryan Mallett     Arkansas    70    100    70.0    1081    10.8    9    2    4    -14    186.5
6     Brandon Weeden     Oklahoma State    74    101    73.3    975    9.7    11    2    3    0    186.3
7     Mike Hartline     Kentucky    54    75    72.0    680    9.1    5    0    1    -3    170.2
8     Ben Chappell     Indiana    48    65    73.8    548    8.4    5    0    1    -8    170.1
9     Ricky Stanzi     Iowa    47    74    63.5    711    9.6    6    1    9    -68    168.3

Newton's pass attempts are the lowest thus far after 3 games played amongst these top 9 QB's.  Malzahn needs to get this kid some more reps and run his offense with (gasp) more urgency...it seems a bit slower (plays per game) than last year.  As Wes so eloquently put:

2) We actually fucking HUDDLED UP!?!?!  Fuck me.

More reps=more pass attempts=more experience and success from Newton.  You'll see our running game become more successful as well as defenses will adjust for the pass.  Newton is already a leader on the sidelines, but if we don't get him some more reps at leading our O on the field

We have some unholy ass rapings coming our way in the near future if shit does not change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2010, 11:30:45 PM »
The cousinfucker also knows as Token brings up an interesting point with this quote:

Hey Charlie,

Fuck you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2010, 12:47:41 PM »
Exactly, Auburn is phukin' loaded with dynamic athletes all over the field, so much so, we're getting ourselves out of sync trying to get the ball to all of our playmakers....in short, we have to many Ballers.

Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, Courtney Taylor, Jason Campbell, Ben Obamanu and Devin Aromashadu laugh at your assertion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2010, 01:57:46 PM »
Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, Courtney Taylor, Jason Campbell, Ben Obamanu and Devin Aromashadu laugh at your assertion.
Unless they dont.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Six

« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2010, 03:37:16 PM »
Unless they dont.

Well played, my friend. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2010, 04:31:07 PM »
Well played, my friend.
You got some free time today I see....Recess?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Six

« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2010, 09:34:14 AM »
Still dealing with Joint Commission fallout, but getting better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2010, 09:13:58 AM »
I present exhibit A as to why I am glad we didn't try to push the ball against Clemson and took it into overtime.

See last nights game Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »
I present exhibit A as to why I am glad we didn't try to push the ball against Clemson and took it into overtime.

I watched that game. Very sloppy game with lots of turnovers but was still interested to watch. So how many players end up having trainers come to them on the field, 10? Suzanne was watching with me and she said the funniest things. I mean straight out of left field, but true; she said, " Damn, what are you pussies, play some ball."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2010, 09:48:04 AM »
I watched that game. Very sloppy game with lots of turnovers but was still interested to watch. So how many players end up having trainers come to them on the field, 10? Suzanne was watching with me and she said the funniest things. I mean straight out of left field, but true; she said, " Damn, what are you pussies, play some ball."

She got a sister?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2010, 10:53:53 AM »

It's a great plan to be aggressive, until it's not.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2010, 11:05:28 AM »
I like to think we are not aTm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2010, 11:10:40 AM »
We aren't.  However, my point was that when you try to push the ball mistakes can happen.  ie A&M had the momentum (they had scored the last 2 tds) but that interception allowed OKS to return it to the 40 with 33 secs left make a short pass...field goal...made....game over. 

Game is over we won, no one knows what would have happened, JMO that I thought it would have been hard to push the ball from our own 13 down the field in 1:15. I am glad we went to overtime and glad we won.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:11:54 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2010, 11:16:44 AM »
We aren't.  However, my point was that when you try to push the ball mistakes can happen.  ie A&M had the momentum (they had scored the last 2 tds) but that interception allowed OKS to return it to the 40 with 33 secs left make a short pass...field goal...made....game over. 

Game is over we won, no one knows what would have happened, JMO that I thought it would have been hard to push the ball from our own 13 down the field in 1:15. I am glad we went to overtime and glad we won.

I'm kinda in between here. I didn't want us to lay down and run the clock out, but I also didn't want to chunk it downfield recklessly as Johnson did last night. I was thinking bubble screens, outside runs maybe - just use short chunks to TRY and get to the 35 yard line to give Byrum a chance. We had 1.5 mins and 2 Timeouts. We didn't have to chunk it like aTm was trying to. That was just stupid on their part. They (Clemson) were giving us the underneath. Take the 7 yards and get out of bounds one play at a time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2010, 11:24:29 AM »
I'm kinda in between here. I didn't want us to lay down and run the clock out, but I also didn't want to chunk it downfield recklessly as Johnson did last night. I was thinking bubble screens, outside runs maybe - just use short chunks to TRY and get to the 35 yard line to give Byrum a chance. We had 1.5 mins and 2 Timeouts. We didn't have to chunk it like aTm was trying to. That was just stupid on their part. They (Clemson) were giving us the underneath. Take the 7 yards and get out of bounds one play at a time.

I agree had we been maybe 20 yards further down field say our own 33 yard line.  I just think at home you are better off going to overtime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2010, 11:25:34 AM »

Seriously, what has that got to do with it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2010, 11:29:28 AM »
Seriously, what has that got to do with it?

On other boards that translates to "I like to think we are not shit"; of which I totally disagree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions