Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Special Season For Auburn?

Re: Special Season For Auburn?
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2010, 09:13:48 PM »
meaning he wont' have 300+ yards and 5 tds a week.  He's good...the SEC is better than Ark State.   Cam is a weapon...I'm happy...quit reading complete negativity in to my posts.

No.  You called me out on my using the word "scheme".  You put it in quotes.  You decided that you were going to blitz my obviously ignorant and subpar post by making sure that your point was made.

It smelled and looked negative.  If not.  Whatev...all is good.   

Thanks for letting me know that that Cam is good, and that the SEC is better than Arkansas State.  You definitely stopped me from going off on a sure to come shortly soapbox journey down Arky State for the BCS Championship trail.  That would've been embarrassing, huh?

:poke:  (means I'm messin' with you....)

Whoops... Guess I caught that before you erased it to go with this instead:
they pursued like shit...scheme be damned

And I know very little about defensive Xs and Os.  People do get defensive when you do know something about football beyond what Dr. Lou says though.

Yeah.  I learnefff efferyffing I know from Dr. Lou.   

Sorry man, but you've gone WAYYYY overboard a few times and searched out, or created many meaningless debates. 

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:16:39 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2010, 09:38:20 PM »
No but I'll be surprised if Cam doesn't total two fidy a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2010, 09:44:32 PM »
Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I thought the defense did a pretty decent job overall (outside of a busted coverage or two).
I have been saying the same thing since game night. A lot of unwarranted "our defense is abysmal and needs to unfuck itself quick!" talk.

Looking at the score that's an easy assumption to make, but if you actually watched the game, they were serviceable at worst.

I think for the most part, they put adequate pressure on the QB, but he managed to get it off to a receiver with the quickness. He was damn good for a Sunbelt QB from what I could tell. When a reciever did catch his passes, it's not like they busted it wide open and ran for 20 extra yards. They were stopped dead in their tracks for the most part.

Most of the problems came from stupid turnovers & penalties by the offense & special teams. There was a lot if defending impossibly short fields. Let alone that our offense barely saw the field. Fourteen passes and 65 total offensive plays.

I feel like people predetermined that they would see a shitty defense, so that's what they saw. I saw zMarked improvement over last year's D.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:46:08 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2010, 09:48:28 PM »
No.  You called me out on my using the word "scheme".  You put it in quotes.  You decided that you were going to blitz my obviously ignorant and subpar post by making sure that your point was made.

It smelled and looked negative.  If not.  Whatev...all is good.   

Thanks for letting me know that that Cam is good, and that the SEC is better than Arkansas State.  You definitely stopped me from going off on a sure to come shortly soapbox journey down Arky State for the BCS Championship trail.  That would've been embarrassing, huh?

:poke:  (means I'm messin' with you....)

Whoops... Guess I caught that before you erased it to go with this instead:
Yeah.  I learnefff efferyffing I know from Dr. Lou.   

Sorry man, but you've gone WAYYYY overboard a few times and searched out, or created many meaningless debates.

You wrote scheme...I went with what you wrote by it's meaning.  I responded to that.  If that's not what you meant, then I responded to something you weren't talking about. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2010, 09:54:07 PM »
Oh, and Chopper....

Sorry about going overboard and "searching out" whatever that means.  I sometimes forget most folks couldn't really give a fucking hoot n hell about Xs and Os.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2010, 09:56:41 PM »
I have been saying the same thing since game night. A lot of unwarranted "our defense is abysmal and needs to unfuck itself quick!" talk.

Looking at the score that's an easy assumption to make, but if you actually watched the game, they were serviceable at worst.

I think for the most part, they put adequate pressure on the QB, but he managed to get it off to a receiver with the quickness. He was damn good for a Sunbelt QB from what I could tell. When a reciever did catch his passes, it's not like they busted it wide open and ran for 20 extra yards. They were stopped dead in their tracks for the most part.

Most of the problems came from stupid turnovers & penalties by the offense & special teams. There was a lot if defending impossibly short fields. Let alone that our offense barely saw the field. Fourteen passes and 65 total offensive plays.

I feel like people predetermined that they would see a shitty defense, so that's what they saw. I saw zMarked improvement over last year's D.

To be fair, I didn't base my opinions on the overall score (although 26 is a hell of a lot to give up to a Sun Belt team).  I looked more at what Arkansas State was able to do with the passing game.  Their QBs completed 33 of 49 passes for 323 yards.  That's a shit ton of yards and completions for a sun belt offense.  I'll concede that Arkansas State is probably a better team in that conference, but it's still the sun belt. 

And I'll also concede that it was the first game of the year so maybe it isn't that bad, but I still wouldn't call it an improvement. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2010, 10:01:56 PM »
You wrote scheme...I went with what you wrote by it's meaning.  I responded to that.  If that's not what you meant, then I responded to something you weren't talking about.

I'll be sure to be very specific for you in the future.  Sorry, I was talking casually and not in impress everyone with my jugernaut breakdown skills mode. 

All is good.   :wartim:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:04:24 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2010, 10:03:55 PM »

Good take.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2010, 10:14:47 PM »
Regardless of who you're playing...the best play to run against a Defense that is bringing pressure and isn't playing bump man, is what two plays?

I'll give you two hints, it's what ASU ran just about the Entire game and it's what the Auburn Defense started to shut down towards the end of the 2nd Qtr.

BTW, Coach Chizik wasn't doing any "coach speech" when he said that they wasn't sure what type of plays ASU was going to run at Coach Roof's Defense...unless you want to call the honest truth as "coach speech".  There wasn't any film on the new OC from when he coached at Lambuth College or High School.  Also, Coach Chizik commended Coach Roof on adjusting to what was happening against his D.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2010, 10:23:40 PM »
  Sorry, I was talking casually and not in impress everyone with my jugernaut breakdown skills mode. 

Good thing!   :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
Offense makes me want to say 10 wins is very possible. However, our pass defense negates that confidence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2010, 11:57:22 PM »

Arkansas State
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2010, 12:46:52 AM »
Arkansas State
No.

It's easy to throw that out there....believe me, I was among the slack jawed silent majority in JHS when Arky st scored that first touchdown...but it didn't take long to realize that team was not a full blown cupcake. Their QB was good. Their receivers were good. Legitimately good.
We had our shortcomings...I'm not downplaying those by any means...blown assignments...Lbs that just looked clueless at times....the soft coverage...and there really isn't an acceptable excuse for any of that. But...
This team was no fucking San Jose State. I don't give a fuck what their record was last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2010, 07:31:57 AM »
I will be interested to see what happens Thursday against what I consider to be one of the better coached teams we will play.  Dan Mullen will have his team ready to play.  We should have them over matched talent wise but that doesn't always get it done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2010, 09:34:11 AM »
I will be interested to see what happens Thursday against what I consider to be one of the better coached teams we will play.  Dan Mullen will have his team ready to play.  We should have them over matched talent wise but that doesn't always get it done.

I agree, we should beat the Bulldogs but this will be a far better test and team to judge our strengths and weaknesses by. Like I was telling GH in an earlier post, I curious to see how Newton plays against his "would be" if Malzahn hadn't of scooped him away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2010, 09:47:26 AM »
No.

It's easy to throw that out there....believe me, I was among the slack jawed silent majority in JHS when Arky st scored that first touchdown...but it didn't take long to realize that team was not a full blown cupcake. Their QB was good. Their receivers were good. Legitimately good.
We had our shortcomings...I'm not downplaying those by any means...blown assignments...Lbs that just looked clueless at times....the soft coverage...and there really isn't an acceptable excuse for any of that. But...
This team was no fucking San Jose State. I don't give a fuck what their record was last year.
A few teams that held Arkansas St to less than 366 yards on offense in 2009 (4-8 season):

Louisiana-Lafayette (beat Arky St)
Louisiana Monroe (beat Arky St)
Troy (beat Arky St)
Middle Tennessee (beat Arky St)
Western Kentucky (lost to Arky St)

Alabama held them under 200 yards in 2008, a season that they went 6-6. Look, San Jose St is a cupcake. No doubt. You won't find an Alabama fan that will tell you different. But really, the only difference between those two teams over the past few years is Arkansas St had 2 more wins in 2009. They are both horribly shitty teams. Arkansas St is the definition of a full blown cupcake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2010, 09:52:09 AM »
A few teams that held Arkansas St to less than 366 yards on offense in 2009 (4-8 season):

Troy (beat Arky St)

Alabama held them under 200 yards in 2008, a season that they went 6-6. Look, San Jose St is a cupcake. No doubt. You won't find an Alabama fan that will tell you different. But really, the only difference between those two teams over the past few years is Arkansas St had 2 more wins in 2009. They are both horribly poopty teams. Arkansas St is the definition of a full blown cupcake.

How does it feel to be an asshole, Neidermeyer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2010, 09:58:36 AM »

Troy (beat Arky St)

Alabama held them under 200 yards in 2008, a season that they went 6-6. Look, San Jose St is a cupcake. No doubt. You won't find an Alabama fan that will tell you different. But really, the only difference between those two teams over the past few years is Arkansas St had 2 more wins in 2009. They are both horribly shitty teams. Arkansas St is the definition of a full blown cupcake.

This is the part I am concerned about.

300 + yards to THIS ^^ team in the air. We most definitely DO need to unfuck our pass D.

On the other hand, Run D was pretty good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »
How does it feel to be an asshole, Neidermeyer?
It feels great!  :bamahomer:

Seriously though, it is amusing that some are touting Arkansas St as anything more than a cupcake. It's just like last season with Prowler touting La Tech as a real threat, and talking about how talented they actually are. Then the usual suspects picking up the party line right with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2010, 10:01:36 AM »
Then the usual suspects picking up the party line right with him.

I didn't even notice   :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE