Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Special Season For Auburn?

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Special Season For Auburn?
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2010, 04:36:50 PM »
If they quite doing so then Auburn loses an element of surprise. Everybody knows you can't predict what play is in the making when Kodi comes in the game.
True enough. Kodi is a great athlete, and a true dual threat whenever he comes in on Wildcat. However, I don't think it would be a bad idea to try Dyer a few times in the Wildcat on a shotgun snap a little later on in the season. Sure, you're telegraphing that it's going to be a run play, but the kid has a great combination of skill, size, and speed. Let him read the gaps and give him that extra second to read where his hole will be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2010, 04:53:42 PM »
If they quite doing so then Auburn loses an element of surprise. Everybody knows you can't predict what play is in the making when Kodi comes in the game.

Auburn was tied for 3rd nationally in red zone offense in 2009, and we know what Auburn did in the red zone most of the time, as did most other teams, that's right, the wildcat...yet we scored at a 95% rate in the red zone in 2009.  In 2008 Kodi accounted for 8 total TDs last year.  Most of which were red zone I suspect.  In 40 trips, we scored 38 times, 27 of which were TDs.  I see no reason to mess what what obviously works, unless you know you can better it.  Cam is a better athlete, faster, bigger, and passes better, but do the rewards outweigh the risks of getting him hurt in a goal line dive or a play like Kodi score on Saturday?  Just some things to think about. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2010, 04:59:40 PM »
I THINK....someone needs to teach big Cam the art of the baseball slide.  I loved the hell out of seeing him get down prior to contact on more than one occasion Saturday.  But the duck and dive means eventually he's going to take shot to the head or shoulder or separate a shoulder by just diving into the turf.  This kid looks smooth and totally comfortable back there. I want him for all 12-13-14 games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2010, 05:02:26 PM »
I THINK....someone needs to teach big Cam the art of the baseball slide.  I loved the hell out of seeing him get down prior to contact on more than one occasion Saturday.  But the duck and dive means eventually he's going to take shot to the head or shoulder or separate a shoulder by just diving into the turf.  This kid looks smooth and totally comfortable back there. I want him for all 12-13-14 games.

I'm heartend by the fact that he already knows to dive...a little coaching in the art of it will be even better.  Agree, he needs to slide feet first, but it's clear they've been on his ass about not trying to run over folks, as he's plenty capable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2010, 09:25:16 PM »
I'm thinking there'll be enough Reed at the wildcat QB position to take Kodi out of the equation on all those opportunities.  Just a hunch...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2010, 10:15:01 PM »
I'm thinking there'll be enough Reed at the wildcat QB position to take Kodi out of the equation on all those opportunities.  Just a hunch...

Based on?  And why do you hate Kodi?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2010, 10:21:38 PM »
Based on?  And why do you hate Kodi?

1.  Trooper Taylor and other contributors on other boards (Rivals, Scout...).

2.  Quit reading so much negativity into my posts.  I never said I hate Kodi.

3.  I called it "a hunch".  Means it's a guess, or opinion based on what I've seen and read.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
We be the crazee fans, you fuckers are delusioinal.
I live it. Been there, still do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2010, 10:45:45 PM »
1.  Trooper Taylor and other contributors on other boards (Rivals, Scout...).

2.  Quit reading so much negativity into my posts.  I never said I hate Kodi.

3.  I called it "a hunch".  Means it's a guess, or opinion based on what I've seen and read.

Don't much like your own cookin' do you?   :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2010, 07:57:34 AM »
Don't much like your own cookin' do you?   :poke:

Yeah.  I question you like that all the time. I'm sure you can find many examples.  Good point, Francis.   :moon:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2010, 11:43:16 AM »
Yeah.  I question you like that all the time. I'm sure you can find many examples.  Good point, Francis.   :moon:

Yeah!  Well you're a doo doo head!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2010, 11:56:34 AM »
Yeah!  Well you're a doo doo head!

My dad can beat up your dad.   :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2010, 12:15:22 PM »
I can do anything you can do...only better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."