Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Nice little update on RB Dee Hart.......

Re: Nice little update on RB Dee Hart.......
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2011, 09:53:40 PM »
Locker Room, Weight Room, Practice Field...maybe throw in a few meeting rooms.  Making sure Hasean and Hart approve of all of it, maybe have them throw in a few idears.

I think this is one of those places, where if you have something, to put it here quickly.  I haven't heard WHAT type of upgrades, or facilities Bama provided, or whatever...

If it's just temporary showers, then I'd have a hard time having an issue with it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2011, 10:26:47 PM »
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/is-alabama-bowl-prep-also-recruiting-malpractice-29359

Boom!!!

Don't forget about the coach that was paid to come do a coaching clinic at SPuat.  The coach was from OHIO and he just so happened to have a Top 10 LBer playing for him named Trey DePriest.  Trey committed to SPuat not long after the clinic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2011, 10:29:39 PM »
seriously Prowler? We play for (and we will win) the NC in one week bro.
What???  Why was I not informed of this???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2011, 10:39:38 PM »
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/is-alabama-bowl-prep-also-recruiting-malpractice-29359

Boom!!!

Don't forget about the coach that was paid to come do a coaching clinic at SPuat.  The coach was from OHIO and he just so happened to have a Top 10 LBer playing for him named Trey DePriest.  Trey committed to SPuat not long after the clinic.

Sounds like more than removable showers, Mr. Information Minister, RWS??  Haha...    Still might be nothing, but it's clear that you were talking out of your ass when you decided to try and thump Prowler.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »
I want a charger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2011, 07:58:10 AM »
Sounds like more than removable showers, Mr. Information Minister, RWS??  Haha...    Still might be nothing, but it's clear that you were talking out of your ass when you decided to try and thump Prowler.
Seriously? I posted a link from a credible news source, chock full of quotes from the guy that heads the Florida Citrus Bowl himself saying "We're paying for all this stuff, because it is the same thing other college teams have requested when practicing here. UA is paying for showers for the week.", and I'm talking out my ass? The SBB page basically claims the same modifications I'm talking about; doesn't say anything about weight room, conference rooms, etc. They're just saying Alabama is paying for it. Go ahead and believe SBB if you want, and keep up that crusade for your little brother Prowler. For fucks sake, even Prowler himself admits SBB isn't a credible site. Of course, he wouldn't have had Token not brought up a previous thread.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:01:48 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2011, 08:20:51 AM »
Seriously? I posted a link from a credible news source, chock full of quotes from the guy that heads the Florida Citrus Bowl himself saying "We're paying for all this stuff, because it is the same thing other college teams have requested when practicing here. UA is paying for showers for the week.", and I'm talking out my ass? The SBB page basically claims the same modifications I'm talking about; doesn't say anything about weight room, conference rooms, etc. They're just saying Alabama is paying for it. Go ahead and believe SBB if you want, and keep up that crusade for your little brother Prowler. For fucks sake, even Prowler himself admits SBB isn't a credible site. Of course, he wouldn't have had Token not brought up a previous thread.

I thought the coaches attitude was classic...    I know.  I know.  It's not the Tuscaloosa News... Just a TV station in Orlando...where it happens...talking to a very excited coach....

"Anytime you can get this type of improvements for free"

http://www.wftv.com/video/26166791/index.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2011, 08:49:03 AM »

Oh...I assure you it wasn't free.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2011, 09:29:40 AM »
Oh...I assure you it wasn't free.

Somebody has to pay for it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2011, 10:55:02 AM »
I thought the coaches attitude was classic...    I know.  I know.  It's not the Tuscaloosa News... Just a TV station in Orlando...where it happens...talking to a very excited coach....

Nobody is denying that things are being done at no cost to the school. The link I posted directly calls out the video you just posted.

Orlando television station WFTV reported Tuesday that UA will pay the school $50 an hour to use the practice facility and is also spending more money to upgrade the practice fields and locker room. UA and bowl sources said reports of the locker room being repainted and new carpet installed are untrue, and that the bowl is paying for the preparations of the practice facilities.

John Magrino, athletics director at Dr. Phillips High School, said the entire episode is standard procedure for bowl week and has been overblown.

“The only thing being done at our school is rye grass seeding and top dressing of the field to fill any holes, which is standard practice when the (Florida Citrus) Bowl Committee rents any facility,” the athletics director said by e-mail. “Nothing is being done in the locker rooms. We did vacuum them, though ... maybe that will be breaking news.”

The field improvements are not a major landscaping undertaking, said Steve Hogan, chief executive officer of Florida Citrus Sports, the bowl host.

“You're basically putting sand and peat down on certain areas of the field,” Hogan said.

That Alabama is practicing at Dr. Phillips High — home to Hasean Clinton-Dix, who is rated as the No. 1 safety in the country by Rivals.com and who committed to UA back in April, and Dee Hart, who is ranked as the nation's No. 1 all-purpose back and who has been reported to be wavering on his commitment to Michigan — has nothing to do with recruiting. LSU, the Southeastern Conference representative at the Capital One Bowl a year ago, also practiced at the school.

Capital One Bowl spokesman Greg Crease said Dr. Phillips High “is the field the SEC traditionally gets,” and noted that UA's field upgrade “isn't too much different than any other year.”

Said Hogan, “Alabama's practicing at a site that we've been using for years for our college teams, and they're assigned to that site.

“We as a bowl oversee those fields for the SEC and Big Ten teams. We make sure the fields are in as pristine a condition as they can be for them to practice.”

The site fee for use of the school's facilities is paid by the bowl, not by UA.

“It doesn't matter what the number is at either practice site,” Hogan said, “the bowl pays for it. It's all the bowl's responsibility. The only thing the team ever pays for is over and above what the field is that they need.”

Hogan said the only thing Alabama is doing above what the bowl normally provides is having temporary shower facilities installed for the week. UA will be charged for the rental fee, and the showers will be removed after the bowl week.

“In no way have we been asked to do anything that any other school hasn't done at one time or another to improve the practice facility,” Hogan said. “There's not anything that could be left behind or improve the school in any shape or form other than to have a successful practice. It's simply a one-week practice thing to use while the team is there.”
And it makes perfect sense that the bowl pays the school to use the facilities. Why would a bowl invite a team down to play, then tell them they are going to have to pay for a place to practice, etc? Bottom line, the report you posted was incorrect, Chop. The coach himself never said anything about Alabama paying for squat. The story I posted had direct quotes from the AD at Dr. Phillips and the executive officer of Florida Citrus Sports (who hosts the bowl) saying that the bowl is paying for everything except the showers.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:02:54 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »
They aren't credible.  But THOUSANDS of $$$ seems a bit much for these...

Renting a larger SUV from a rent-a-car place for a week would run you close to a thousand dollars. Is it that far fetched to think that renting multiple portable shower trailers for a week might run you a few thousand dollars?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »
Nobody is denying that things are being done at no cost to the school. The link I posted directly calls out the video you just posted.
And it makes perfect sense that the bowl pays the school to use the facilities. Why would a bowl invite a team down to play, then tell them they are going to have to pay for a place to practice, etc? Bottom line, the report you posted was incorrect, Chop. The coach himself never said anything about Alabama paying for squat. The story I posted had direct quotes from the AD at Dr. Phillips and the executive officer of Florida Citrus Sports (who hosts the bowl) saying that the bowl is paying for everything except the showers.

I gotcha.  It is clear though, that not everything AU fans are saying came from a rumor, or JUST SBB.  If nothing happened? Then dandy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2011, 02:04:48 PM »
Renting a larger SUV from a rent-a-car place for a week would run you close to a thousand dollars. Is it that far fetched to think that renting multiple portable shower trailers for a week might run you a few thousand dollars?
By Thousands of $$$, should be Hundreds of Thousands.  SPuat also paid for new renovations to the High School...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2011, 02:06:48 PM »
By Thousands of $$$, should be Hundreds of Thousands.  SPuat also paid for new renovations to the High School...

Link? I would like to see this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2011, 02:49:32 PM »
Link? I would like to see this.
A walk-on probably texted him with the information.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2011, 03:12:48 PM »
The skreets have no name
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2011, 03:17:55 PM »
The skreets have no name

So that's what Bono was going on about!  I didn't know U2 was into recruiting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2011, 03:23:40 PM »
So that's what Bono was going on about!  I didn't know U2 was into recruiting.

Only on New Year's Day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."