Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Congrats

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Congrats
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 04:56:41 PM »
Understood.

Laughable that the fringe latched on to JAD's rational post as if it represented their position.

He said he had optimism and was encouraged enough to reserve opinion as things played out. That's a FAR cry cro
 "Greatest recruiting class EVAR!!!11", "unprecedented success" and "we will be so much better without our leadi g offensive weapons" delusional yada yada against which I advise caution.

Never even said it won't happen as a few frothers try to claim. Only that a wholesale replacement is unlikely to be the utopian plug and play some envision.
Whatever, dude.

First of all, JAD has said exactly the same things Chopper, Prowler, and myself have been ridiculed by you for saying, although much better articulated.

As for the other arguments you're throwing in, I doubt JAD would disagree. No, he wouldn't word it "Greatest recruiting class EVAR!!!11", but of course, neither did anyone else. A week before signing day, this class appears to be an unprecedented success. Name a class that was better on paper at the time of Signing day. We have more 5*s in this class than we have had total since I was in high school.

And you've never said what won't happen? That we will likely show improvement next year? If you never said that, then what the fuck did you drag the other thread 6 pages out over?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 05:00:28 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 05:05:21 PM »
Chopper, damn. You never fucking get it.

As for the rest...  Well thought out, perfectly reasoned.

Maybe you haven't noticed but since the WVU game or so, I stick mainly to the "it's too early to plant the victory flag" positon.  Most of my "negativity" comes in response to the premature "haha you stupid fuck, Chizik is super awesome" type posts or the absurdly ridiculous and semi-meritless expectations some have.

Do I think Chizik is the long term answer? No. I don't. But he met expectations on the field and is working well in recruiting.  That buys him more time to ultimately succeed or fail.

Make all the excuses you want but that was the worst defense Auburn has ever fielded. That's on him.  It concerns me that if Malzahn decides to leave that the offense could be in similar straits.  If all Chizik is capable of doing is hiring good assistants and paying them a ton of money, couldn't you, or I or Prow...no, let's not get carried away. But couldn't most of us do the same?

The hire itself will forever suck. It was a dark moment. If it works out long-term it will be because Chizik overcame it not because Jacobs was some sage.

I'm not sold on Chizik by any stretch. But I no longer want to lynch him. Nor do I think it's time to build monuments in his anticipated honor as a few seem bound to do.

Good lord.  I'm constantly amazed at your ability to always, no matter what is EVER said, stick me in the "CHIZIK IS THE FUCKING BEST EVER" crowd.

I agreed with JAD's post because I've always taken the "wait and see" approach with Chizik.  Something you made fun of me for constantly for before and during this last year.  Now you're okay with it and say that you've taken this approach also??.  BULL FUCKING SHIT.  I've NEVER taken the hardline approach on this one way or the other.   You called this an impending "Hindenburg".  Adjust your crosshairs and straighten your shit out.

NOBODY here is about to build shit in his honor.  That is something you are COMPLETELY making up.  If he pulls a great recruiting class, as it seems he's doing, he deserves some credit.  It doesn't mean that people are saying his face should be permanently etched into the bricks at Jordan-Hare.   No wonder you get so pissed.  It's because you manufacture this horseshit and then get absolutely fucking looney about it.  That's YOUR fault.  Not ours.  

People agree with your reasoning, and your opinions on the subject matter.  Give the constant fucking harrassment a rest.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 05:25:21 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »
Whatever, dude.

First of all, JAD has said exactly the same things Chopper, Prowler, and myself have been ridiculed by you for saying, although much better articulated.

As for the other arguments you're throwing in, I doubt JAD would disagree. No, he wouldn't word it "Greatest recruiting class EVAR!!!11", but of course, neither did anyone else. A week before signing day, this class appears to be an unprecedented success. Name a class that was better on paper at the time of Signing day. We have more 5*s in this class than we have had total since I was in high school.

And you've never said what won't happen? That we will likely show improvement next year? If you never said that, then what the fuck did you drag the other thread 6 pages out over?

:rofl:

The three amigos!  Nice to see you accept your role, Sancho. 

And no, what he said was nothing like what the three of you say -- or actually the two of them say and then you blindly defend (thus Sancho).

Maybe you should articulate better.  And use different words.  Ones that have different meanings.

And no, I never said it won't happen, only that to expect it to happen flies in the face of rational thinking and is asking a lot.  Anything can happen, you know that.  Kodi Burns could win the Heisman. Phillip Pierre-Louis could start at defensive end.  Byron Isom could be the leading receiver. But you have to look at the situation, make RATIONAL assessments (not wishful-thinking, exception-filled bullshit) and manage expectations without predjudice. 

Hope is one thing. Expectations are another. 

I hope Auburn wins 14 football games next year.  I don't expect that due to  a number of variables, not the least of which is replacing Tate (will be harder than you anticipate) as well as -- amazingly -- replacing Todd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 06:41:45 PM »
AWK calls dibs on playing Dulcinea.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 06:47:32 PM »
:rofl:

The three amigos!  Nice to see you accept your role, Sancho. 

And no, what he said was nothing like what the three of you say -- or actually the two of them say and then you blindly defend (thus Sancho).

Maybe you should articulate better.  And use different words.  Ones that have different meanings.

And no, I never said it won't happen, only that to expect it to happen flies in the face of rational thinking and is asking a lot.  Anything can happen, you know that.  Kodi Burns could win the Heisman. Phillip Pierre-Louis could start at defensive end.  Byron Isom could be the leading receiver. But you have to look at the situation, make RATIONAL assessments (not wishful-thinking, exception-filled bullshit) and manage expectations without predjudice. 

Hope is one thing. Expectations are another. 

I hope Auburn wins 14 football games next year.  I don't expect that due to  a number of variables, not the least of which is replacing Tate (will be harder than you anticipate) as well as -- amazingly -- replacing Todd.

"Hindenburg".  You were sure of it.  You constantly described in detail why this was the worst hire in the history of Auburn.  You were/ are absolutely sure that Chizik was/ is going to ruin Auburn over the course of several years.  This is why you laughing and talking your shit makes you a fucking douche beyond "historical precendent".  It's an absolute "trend" of yours to mock and derail thread after thread after thread to do nothing but take cheap shots and stir up bullshit.

Nobody here has done ANYTHING but give opinions on their own expectations, just like you have.  Not a fucking thing wrong with that.  No matter if you like how it's delivered or not. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2010, 06:50:05 PM »
Good lord.  I'm constantly amazed at your ability to always, no matter what is EVER said, stick me in the "CHIZIK IS THE FUCKING BEST EVER" crowd.

*sigh*

What you didn't get is that your attempt to postulate that Auburn would be better off with random, as-yet-unnamed replacements for Ben Tate and Chris Todd, which was the source of your argument being termed delusional, had no relation, comparison or parallel to the position posted in this thread.  

And yet somehow you made that completely illogical leap.  

Thus... You NEVER get it.  Again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2010, 06:57:12 PM »
"Hindenburg".  You were sure of it.  You constantly described in detail why this was the worst hire in the history of Auburn.  You were/ are absolutely sure that Chizik was/ is going to ruin Auburn over the course of several years.  This is why you laughing and talking your shit makes you a fucking douche beyond "historical precendent".  It's an absolute "trend" of yours to mock and derail thread after thread after thread to do nothing but take cheap shots and stir up bullshit.

Nobody here has done ANYTHING but give opinions on their own expectations, just like you have.  Not a fucking thing wrong with that.  No matter if you like how it's delivered or not.  

Unreal.

No cheap shots.  I'm discussing the point and the point only (one of which is that you don't understand the argument, so that's fair).  I'm sorry if YOU don't like how it's delivered.  

As for the Hindenburg?  I bet the passengers were some happy fucks when it sailed quietly out of Frankfurt.  I bet they enjoyed sipping their champagne and watching the ocean roll by.  It was a long flight.  

He may still crash and burn. I'm damn sure not ready to declare the flight a fucking success when it's barely left the port.  You can.  I won't.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:58:28 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2010, 07:04:16 PM »
AWK calls dibs on playing Dulcinea.......
And I would play it if we win 14 games next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2010, 07:06:40 PM »
Unreal.

No cheap shots.  I'm discussing the point and the point only (one of which is that you don't understand the argument, so that's fair).  I'm sorry if YOU don't like how it's delivered.  

As for the Hindenburg?  I bet the passengers were some happy fucks when it sailed quietly out of Frankfurt.  I bet they enjoyed sipping their champagne and watching the ocean roll by.  It was a long flight.  

He may still crash and burn. I'm damn sure not ready to declare the flight a fucking success when it's barely left the port.  You can.  I won't.

You may be right.  You may be wrong.  Nobody has claimed success.  Yet you feel obligated to constantly act as if people (myself included) are.  It's incorrect.  It's false.  It's a lie.  

Fuck, I thought it was part of the function of a message board to talk about your opinions, hopes, thoughts, stories, news, etc...

If people can't do that, then what's the point?  Why bother doing any of this?  Why do you not understand this?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 07:09:42 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2010, 07:12:14 PM »

You may be right.  You may be wrong.  Nobody has claimed success.  Yet you feel obligated to constantly act as if people (myself included) are.  It's incorrect.  It's false.  It's a lie.  

Fuck, I thought it was part of the function of a message board to talk about your opinions, hopes, thoughts, stories, news, etc...

If people can't do that, then what's the point?  Why bother doing any of this?  Why do you not understand this?

Hmmmm.  I could ask the same question.  

It's my opinion that your position on some topics is bogus.  But to express that is like expressing a damn dog's anal glands.  Stinky shit goes everywhere.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2010, 07:13:22 PM »
NOBODY here is about to build shit in his honor.
Where should we put this sta.....oh wait, not yet.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2010, 07:21:34 PM »
Hmmmm.  I could ask the same question.  

It's my opinion that your position on some topics is bogus.  But to express that is like expressing a damn dog's anal glands.  Stinky shit goes everywhere.  

No.  You can't.  Fact is, I do NOT follow you around like you do me.  I don't make it a point to bring your name into shit like you do, at the level you do.  

Guess you hit the edit button before I could respond to the "IS the lie" point about saying I've claimed success, but you knew it was bullshit and squashed it.

Fact is Kaos, you make it a point for whatever reason to make sure that my opinion is viewed as bogus in ALL topics.  You KNOW, that despite how I deliver it, I'm NOT claiming absolute victory, or ready to have a Chizik statue commissioned, but something in you has this need to ensure that my name gets dragged through the bullshit every chance you get.  I very rarely post in a thread where you aren't somewhere close behind to fuck with it, or referring to it someplace else for no other reason than to draw attention to yourself by throwing out the next Chopper zinger.  You're a good enough writer and have good enough opinions to not have a need to do that.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2010, 07:27:37 PM »
... and have good enough opinions to not have a need to do that.  
Mmmmm Hmmmm...exactly what Chop stated.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2010, 09:06:41 PM »
No.  You can't.  Fact is, I do NOT follow you around like you do me.  I don't make it a point to bring your name into shit like you do, at the level you do.  

Guess you hit the edit button before I could respond to the "IS the lie" point about saying I've claimed success, but you knew it was bullshit and squashed it.

Fact is Kaos, you make it a point for whatever reason to make sure that my opinion is viewed as bogus in ALL topics.  You KNOW, that despite how I deliver it, I'm NOT claiming absolute victory, or ready to have a Chizik statue commissioned, but something in you has this need to ensure that my name gets dragged through the bullshit every chance you get.  I very rarely post in a thread where you aren't somewhere close behind to fuck with it, or referring to it someplace else for no other reason than to draw attention to yourself by throwing out the next Chopper zinger.  You're a good enough writer and have good enough opinions to not have a need to do that.  

I'm trying to discuss the point.  Can you stop talking about yourself, please?

I didn't know you were into zingers.  Ick. 

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:08:56 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2010, 09:12:37 PM »
I'm trying to discuss the point.  Can you stop talking about yourself, please?

I didn't know you were into zingers.  Ick. 

Do they make those in black?  I like to be tactical. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2010, 10:51:30 AM »
By the way, JAD, I added your post to the front page.

Holla at me if you want to change anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2010, 10:55:20 AM »
By the way, JAD, I added your post to the front page.

Holla at me if you want to change anything.

You should add the picture of the little zinger backdoor ringers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2010, 11:20:28 AM »
He said postulate....huh huh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2010, 05:04:46 PM »
Ron Zook second coming

I offered that as a possible scenario long ago...worst case is we have several great recruiting classes, several 8 and 9 win years, followed by hiring a coach to actually coach the talent left behind.  Not predicting that, just saying it crossed my mind too.  Have to say, that if you compare this staff to the previous one's work with virtually the same players from 2008 to 2009, this one shows some promise of being able to coach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2010, 05:15:30 PM »
I offered that as a possible scenario long ago...worst case is we have several great recruiting classes, several 8 and 9 win years, followed by hiring a coach to actually coach the talent left behind.  Not predicting that, just saying it crossed my mind too.  Have to say, that if you compare this staff to the previous one's work with virtually the same players from 2008 to 2009, this one shows some promise of being able to coach. 

Well let's lock Charlie Weiss Gene Chizik up with a ten year contract!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions