Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Teh googles make the jump to mainstream

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Teh googles make the jump to mainstream
« on: June 21, 2010, 11:16:18 AM »
So, I was under the impression that calling Tubs' staff the "BBQ Boys" was an internet thang.

One of the members of our party this weekend is an Auburn fan and HS football coach in AL.  We got to talking about Tubs/Franklin/Chizik and the dude starts dropping "BBQ Boys" left and right.

So...has the phrase gone mainstream?  Has it been mainstream and I'm just oblivious?  Is this dude a closet internetter?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Teh googles make the jump to mainstream
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 11:24:23 AM »
He probably reads the interwebz and also listens to Finebaum. I think Finebaum was one of the first to call the group that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:28:08 AM »
He probably reads the interwebz and also listens to Finebaum. I think Finebaum was one of the first to call the group that...

Ah.....never listen to F'baum, so did not realize that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 11:30:38 AM »
I've seen the term on some SEC blogs, and like you said on Auburn Boards, but I seen it somewhere not too long ago can't remember but I believe it was an ESPN article. So I think it's become an internet thing that has grew some legs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 11:50:08 AM »
It's pretty mainstream.  It got started because of how many BBQ cookoffs that staff had.  They took them pretty seriously, and they honestly thought it was something special that they offerred. 

Thank God Chizik doesn't partake in any of those gimmicks!!!   :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 12:23:31 PM »
Yep, I think it's long gone mainstreemz, but I love me some BBQ.

Speaking of Finedong, I was reminded again last week why I can't stomach that show.  Every now and then, I'll click over just to check out the topic of the day and see if it somehow doesn't involve Lord Saybinz.  It was around Wednesday and just as I tuned in, Finebum was replaying "The call of the year", which was between some backwoods Bama fuck called "Legend" and a guy, presumably a UT writer or something, named Clay Travis.

Legend: "Bring yore ass on down to the club and I'll whoop yo ass boy.  You ain't nuthin' but a Tennysee Volunqueer and you need yo ass whooped".

Several more minutes of mindless ass whoopin talk from Legend.  Then the next 10 callers....

#1: Hooo boy Paul, Legnd tore his ass a new one.

#2: That dang Legend naturally put a ass whoopin' on that boy.

#3: I gotta' hand to ole Legend. He gave at boy a good ole country ass whoopin'....

And on and on and on.  Followed by Finefuck stirring the pot more and more.  Then, I checked myself again, asking what the hell I was listening to this shit for.  I needed an ass whoopin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 01:21:15 PM »
Yep, I think it's long gone mainstreemz, but I love me some BBQ.

Speaking of Finedong, I was reminded again last week why I can't stomach that show.  Every now and then, I'll click over just to check out the topic of the day and see if it somehow doesn't involve Lord Saybinz.  It was around Wednesday and just as I tuned in, Finebum was replaying "The call of the year", which was between some backwoods Bama fuck called "Legend" and a guy, presumably a UT writer or something, named Clay Travis.

Legend: "Bring yore ass on down to the club and I'll whoop yo ass boy.  You ain't nuthin' but a Tennysee Volunqueer and you need yo ass whooped".

Several more minutes of mindless ass whoopin talk from Legend.  Then the next 10 callers....

#1: Hooo boy Paul, Legnd tore his ass a new one.

#2: That dang Legend naturally put a ass whoopin' on that boy.

#3: I gotta' hand to ole Legend. He gave at boy a good ole country ass whoopin'....

And on and on and on.  Followed by Finefuck stirring the pot more and more.  Then, I checked myself again, asking what the hell I was listening to this shit for.  I needed an ass whoopin'.
Dude you stupid dude was my favorite putdown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 01:53:43 PM »
Dude you stupid dude was my favorite putdown.
:rofl:

I heard this call too.

I was simply stunned by the callers saying that somehow "Legend" got the best of Clay Travis in that discussion.

Here was the call.

As you can see, apparently it is a consensus amongst bammers that Legend displayed fantastic debate skills here and "Epically Beat down" Travis.
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2010/6/17/1523698/clay-travis-gets-an-epic-beatdown
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 02:14:33 PM »
The thing that chaffes my undies more than anything else, is the fact that PF has now gone nationwide.  We debate in the political forum over whether certain political ads in this State do too much stereotyping and how it makes Alabama look.  If that show doesn't cement the Alabama backwoods redneck stereotype into the psyche of everyone else around the country, I don't know what else could.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 03:20:39 PM »
So, I was under the impression that calling Tubs' staff the "BBQ Boys" was an internet thang.

One of the members of our party this weekend is an Auburn fan and HS football coach in AL.  We got to talking about Tubs/Franklin/Chizik and the dude starts dropping "BBQ Boys" left and right.

So...has the phrase gone mainstream?  Has it been mainstream and I'm just oblivious?  Is this dude a closet internetter?

Don't know who coined it...I hear it a lot now.  Most recently in an email from a certain former AU offensive coordinator that didn't last a full season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 03:26:11 PM »

A former barn member?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 10:36:54 PM »
I have never listened to one minute of F'bomb. I can tell I have not missed a thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 10:59:01 PM »
I have never listened to one minute of F'bomb. I can tell I have not missed a thing.

He is a football terrorist. He is now public enemy number one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 11:02:20 PM »
He is a football terrorist. He is now public enemy number one.

From what I gather he is an Alabama fan so he can't be all bad.  :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 11:28:11 PM »

Finebaum is a Finebaum fan and panders to the larger and more gullible fanbase in this state for his own gain. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 08:48:12 AM »
From what I gather he is an Alabama fan so he can't be all bad.  :poke:

bammers dont get embarrassed from too much but this is one to run from.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions