Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big 12 is finished

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
Re: Big 12 is finished
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2010, 03:21:58 PM »
Wait until the PAC 10 and Big 10 get their new contracts. They will blow right by us in revenue.

The sky is not falling. The Pac 10 12 16 whatever will not get more on a per school basis. THAT is the important number to look at.

The Big 10 already is higher than us in revenue.

Only because they started their own network. If we add another school, we can renegotiate our contract with the network. Or maybe start our own.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »
Wait until the PAC 10 and Big 10 get their new contracts. They will blow right by us in revenue. The Big 10 already is higher than us in revenue. If you don't think that means something, think longterm. Revenue pays for everything - recruiting, facilities, etc. We do NOT need to get left behind in this.

The 2 teams that are done deals tell you alot about how this will work.  Neb is way far West of anything currently in the Big 10, and a big name school in the Central Time Zone.  

Colo. is way far east of anything in the Pac Ten, and gets them games in the Mtn Time slots.  The land a TX team, and they're in the Central Time Zone.  That's big in TV terms.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »
phuk FSU.  They were too pussy to join the SEC the first time around.  I don't want to offer them a port in the storm. 

I repeat: phuk FSU.

Nole country has been my party town away from home for years.  Loves  me some FSU.  Hard to argue not coming to the SEC when you could go to a conference and win about 70 straight and play for NC's.  I agree it was pussy not to join the SEC but I imagine we looked real manly backing out the season opener when Tubs came in...without any justifiable reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2010, 03:30:07 PM »
 I agree it was pussy not to join the SEC but I imagine we looked real manly backing out the season opener when Tubs came in...without any justifiable reason.

This is about FSU, not Auburn.

So, fuck you, Harvey, just for good measure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2010, 03:33:42 PM »
...without any justifiable reason.

Reason 1:  we sucked so bad Appy St almost beat us before they were any good.

Reason 2:  Really no reason at all to get into a family squabble on national TV and lose the game and the squabble

Reason 3:  Bobby said Hell No! We won't go!..............and that was that cause when your Bobby you are your own justification (unless the FBI/IRS/ATF/SEC/Interpol shut your damn money laundering sch......I mean your bank down)

:bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2010, 03:35:09 PM »
Reason 1:  we sucked so bad Appy St almost beat us before they were any good.

Reason 2:  Really no reason at all to get into a family squabble on national TV and lose the game and the squabble

Reason 3:  Bobby said Hell No! We won't go!..............and that was that cause when your Bobby you are your own justification (unless the FBI/IRS/ATF/SEC/Interpol shut your damn money laundering sch......I mean your bank down)

oh  yeah, i agree........phuk Free Shoes Retirement Home.....damn half-ass tech/teachers college.

damn I am agreeing with myself......really need to learn how them buttons work around here...shit
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:36:28 PM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2010, 03:42:32 PM »
This is about FSU, not Auburn.

So, phuk you, Harvey, just for good measure.

A hearty Seminole chop to the cash and prizes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2010, 03:49:14 PM »
Reason 1:  we sucked so bad Appy St almost beat us before they were any good.

Reason 2:  Really no reason at all to get into a family squabble on national TV and lose the game and the squabble

Reason 3:  Bobby said Hell No! We won't go!..............and that was that cause when your Bobby you are your own justification (unless the FBI/IRS/ATF/SEC/Interpol shut your damn money laundering sch......I mean your bank down)

We suck and don't want a beat down?

As for the family squabble...we took a fucking bath in the media for not playing the game.  Far worse than anything that would have been said about Bowden/Bowden during the game.  And that was before the intrawebs went global.  God help us if we pulled that shit now.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2010, 03:50:05 PM »
THIS.  How can we get any bigger in terms of market than NATIONWIDE?  EVERYONE watches the SEC - our games are certainly better than whatever bullshit the PAC-10 is showing - same for the Big East.
I work all over the country and I never have a problem watching SEC games.
Most everywhere I go, if the local team is not on the air, the bars have screens full of SEC games. Football fanatics across the country know we have a good product.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2010, 04:10:53 PM »
We suck and don't want a beat down?

As for the family squabble...we took a phuking bath in the media for not playing the game.  Far worse than anything that would have been said about Bowden/Bowden during the game.  And that was before the intrawebs went global.  God help us if we pulled that poop now.  

my three reasons were made mainly in jest.....it is Friday and I am having fun........but:

on the first one yep...............it aint in the record books...AU did not want in the books...avoid the beat down.

My memory and yours on the media is a little different.  That game was scheduled for one reason:

Tater-Tot v. PaPa.....Tater-Tot was gone so the premise for playing the game no longer existed.

As for the Media and "it could not have been worse".........my memory tells me different.......there were "stories" floating around that given all of pre-season to work up to it and all of game week to hype it......ESPN was going to do a real number on AU/Lowder and the rest of that bunch during the game and half-time.......it was not going to be pretty and could very well been very damaging.  The media coverage that resulted from the pull-out was ugly but not damaging to the over-all health of AU or her athletics program........if you get what I am saying.

Again, this is my memory and me and My Benevolent Sponsor might have twisted things a bit........but i will always be of the opinion (based on what I think I know/remember) that not playing that game was absolutely the right thing to do.

Before you respond, please read the first line of this post once more..........its Friday have a good weekend

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:14:29 PM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2010, 07:06:34 PM »
How 'bout.....

SEC West:
Auburn
SPuat
Texas A&M (Texas market)
Missouri (St Louis market)
LSU
Ole Miss
MSU
Arkansas

SEC East:
Florida
Florida State
Virginia Tech
UT
UGA
Kentucky
South Carolina
Vanderbilt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2010, 07:41:53 PM »
I like that line-up Prowler. There are some dissenters here that see no benefit revenue wise to the SEC adding any school at this time while others, myself included think additions are necessary now and for future years.  We need a poll to test the waters though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2010, 08:05:15 PM »
I say four Super-Duper Conferences

Pac 24
Big 24
SEC
ACC/Big East

Have each team play their Division plus one in the other Division.  All four have a Conference Championship Game...Then take those four teams, that won their Conference, and do a Plus One. There's your Playoff where the season matters and you can still have all of the Bowl Games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

boartitz

« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2010, 08:16:42 PM »
Now that yall have figured out who you want to add, start figuring out which traditional SEC matchups you want to eliminate.
If you have more members than the number of games you can play each year, something has to give. You can't play everybody.
Would you be willing to play Bama 2 games every 10-12 years? The rotation will be longer with more teams. Bust up FLA/UGA? On and on.
We have the best fucking deal in college football right now. I hope nothing changes here. It could very well be a case of working on something until it's broke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2010, 08:52:54 PM »
Now that yall have figured out who you want to add, start figuring out which traditional SEC matchups you want to eliminate.
If you have more members than the number of games you can play each year, something has to give. You can't play everybody.
Would you be willing to play Bama 2 games every 10-12 years? The rotation will be longer with more teams. Bust up FLA/UGA? On and on.
We have the best phuking deal in college football right now. I hope nothing changes here. It could very well be a case of working on something until it's broke.
Now tits you know I'm not smart enough to figure this out. But if each of the teams drop a non-conference opponent or two and pick up another conference game (9) OR (10) , make it alternating to protect the hard core hatefests, we still get our cake and eat it too. And new rivals ta boot. I'm not for much more than two to four extra teams myself. It's extremely hard in this conference already, I agree, we do have the best, let's just up the ante.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 09:13:41 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2010, 09:48:11 PM »
I think some of yall just have the hots for the Aggie cheerleaders.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2010, 09:54:26 PM »
Now tits you know I'm not smart enough to figure this out. But if each of the teams drop a non-conference opponent or two and pick up another conference game (9) OR (10) , make it alternating to protect the hard core hatefests, we still get our cake and eat it too. And new rivals ta boot. I'm not for much more than two to four extra teams myself. It's extremely hard in this conference already, I agree, we do have the best, let's just up the ante.
Yeah, swap a couple of rent a wins for some top 25 teams. Then we can beat the fuck out of each other so that the conference champ may have 3 losses. That'll get us in the National Championship game.
We are sitting pretty right now with the way things are.
Some folks are talking about the 16 member theoretical conferences getting 2 BCS bids. Don't we usually get that anyways? With 12 members.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2010, 10:01:29 PM »
Yeah, swap a couple of rent a wins for some top 25 teams. Then we can beat the phuk out of each other so that the conference champ may have 3 losses. That'll get us in the National Championship game.
We are sitting pretty right now with the way things are.
Some folks are talking about the 16 member theoretical conferences getting 2 BCS bids. Don't we usually get that anyways? With 12 members.
As I recollect, pretty sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions