Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big 12 is finished

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Big 12 is finished
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 12:42:38 PM »
That is freaking hilarious.  It just supports my eternal contention that the Big II + X is a suck ass conference... If they were so gawldamn powerful and **AWESOME!!** they would be making offers to the PAC-WTFever instead of the other way around.

I am laughing out loud.  Cannot wait to send that to my stupid Longhorn acquaintances...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 12:49:49 PM »
Colorado has just joined the Pac-10, Down goes Frazier..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

boartitz

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 01:20:25 PM »
Ok, sure. If you don't think the state Legislature of Texas was not involved in Texas not coming to the SEC in 1990, then keep believing that.  Let me rephrase: The SEC took ONLY Arkansas and USCe after the Texas and FSU deals fell through. Texas and Arky were to go to the West and USCe and FSU to the East.  Kramer really screwed up the FSU deal.

http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2010/04/finebaum_how_texas_nearly_join.html
You're using Finebaum as your source? Finebaum?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 01:28:14 PM »
F-bomb is a poor source and a Bamer, but there might be some truth to his words on occaisions where the fate of the entire conference is concerned, especially before he was recruited into the Saban fold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 01:33:53 PM »
F-bomb is a poor source and a Bamer, but there might be some truth to his words on occaisions where the fate of the entire conference is concerned, especially before he was recruited into the Saban fold.
We were already accepted before Texas and the Aggies decided they might want to join. The SEC would have taken Texas but didn't want the Aggies. The Texas legislature got their panties in a wad and made it hard for the two to be seperated.
http://books.google.com/books?id=pysEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA70&dq=swc+begs+arkansas+to+stay&cd=1#v=onepage&q&f=false

A lot of the same discussion we are hearing 20 years later about what Texas should do.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:37:27 PM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 01:45:27 PM »
The two will not separate now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »

When its his OPINION? Yeah, I hate him. But this was a simple "how it was back in 1990" article he wrote and there was nothing false in it. I think we agree here titz, its just a matter of semantics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 02:02:06 PM »
Colorado has just joined the Pac-10, Down goes Frazier..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5271438

Yep. Colorado was going to make damn sure Baylor didn't ride UT's coat tails. I don't blame them. This is the first domino to fall and the whole college landscape is about to change dramatically.

I still hope we stick with our same 12. Or get rid of USCe and Arkansas and pick up FSU and Texas...hahahaha
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 02:09:06 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5271438

Yep. Colorado was going to make damn sure Baylor didn't ride UT's coat tails. I don't blame them. This is the first domino to fall and the whole college landscape is about to change dramatically.

I still hope we stick with our same 12. Or get rid of USCe and Arkansas and pick up FSU and Texas...hahahaha
Damn, that's almost evil.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 02:17:22 PM »
When its his OPINION? Yeah, I hate him. But this was a simple "how it was back in 1990" article he wrote and there was nothing false in it. I think we agree here titz, its just a matter of semantics.
We were already in the SEC before Texas tried to jump. We weren't the fall back option. One of the great covert actions by Frank Broyles.
We jumped first, which soon led to the demise of the SWC.

Quote from: GH2001 on June 09, 2010, 10:22:36 PM
Honestly - you know as good as we do that Arky and SCe were added because the Texas and FSU deals fell through. Bobby backed down at the last minute and Ann Richards wasn't letting Texas go without aTm. The SEC didn't want aTm so that was the end of that.  But I do think Arky has done well. I can't say the same for USCe except for giving the Uggers occasional fits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2010, 02:53:19 PM »
We were already in the SEC before Texas tried to jump. We weren't the fall back option. One of the great covert actions by Frank Broyles.
We jumped first, which soon led to the demise of the SWC.

Quote from: GH2001 on June 09, 2010, 10:22:36 PM
Honestly - you know as good as we do that Arky and SCe were added because the Texas and FSU deals fell through. Bobby backed down at the last minute and Ann Richards wasn't letting Texas go without aTm. The SEC didn't want aTm so that was the end of that.  But I do think Arky has done well. I can't say the same for USCe except for giving the Uggers occasional fits.

I also clarified it saying this is why ONLY Arky and USCe went into the SEC. It was suppose to be more but FSU and Texas happened. Thats all I was saying. Like I said - semantics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

boartitz

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »
I also clarified it saying this is why ONLY Arky and USCe went into the SEC. It was suppose to be more but FSU and Texas happened. Thats all I was saying. Like I said - semantics.
You still don't get it. We were already in the SEC BEFORE Texas tried to get in. Their deal didn't fall through first.
Did you even read the link to the Texas Monthly magazine. The part about Texas and A&M thinking about FOLLOWING Arkansas to the SEC? GAH.
On another note, check this out.
http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2010, 04:29:19 PM »
You still don't get it. We were already in the SEC BEFORE Texas tried to get in. Their deal didn't fall through first.
Did you even read the link to the Texas Monthly magazine. The part about Texas and A&M thinking about FOLLOWING Arkansas to the SEC? GAH.
On another note, check this out.
http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html

Yes, and what I am saying is only half of the original plan took place. Big picture here titz.  No need to take out your aggression for Texas on me. The SEC had wanted Texas and FSU a LONG time before Arky and SC entered in. The long term plan was to have all 4 teams. Arky and SC were easy, no hurdles - done. Like I said - Texas and FSU were a different story. 

No one is belittling Arky or SC here. Just saying they were only half the original long term plan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2010, 05:25:07 PM »
Yes, and what I am saying is only half of the original plan took place. Big picture here titz.  No need to take out your aggression for Texas on me. The SEC had wanted Texas and FSU a LONG time before Arky and SC entered in. The long term plan was to have all 4 teams. Arky and SC were easy, no hurdles - done. Like I said - Texas and FSU were a different story.  

No one is belittling Arky or SC here. Just saying they were only half the original long term plan.

arky isn't concerned...they're 5 deep @ conferences.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 05:25:45 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2010, 05:30:37 PM »
Yes, and what I am saying is only half of the original plan took place. Big picture here titz.  No need to take out your aggression for Texas on me. The SEC had wanted Texas and FSU a LONG time before Arky and SC entered in. The long term plan was to have all 4 teams. Arky and SC were easy, no hurdles - done. Like I said - Texas and FSU were a different story. 

Frank Broyles had talked to folks in the SEC in 1987 about Arkansas joining. (He just happened to mention that on a local radio show today) As soon as they decided to expand, we were in. Independently of anything pertaining to any Texas teams. We were the first team invited, Broyles said. He was involved in the negotiations, I think he ought to know.
Be glad that Texas is not here. Bammers are enough to cover the DRA of bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2010, 05:40:19 PM »
arky isn't concerned...they're 5 deep @ conferences.
I rolf'd in my pants.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2010, 05:50:36 PM »
my latest response to all the T-sippers out here...

If the Big XII was such an awesome conference, why wasn't Big XII the one doing the poaching?  USC just needed someone to pay the bills while they were in prison.  Congrats, T-sippers - you are now USC's bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2010, 11:52:11 PM »
There sure is a lot of talk of aTm to the SEC on EPSN. Arkansas look out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2010, 02:25:37 AM »
There sure is a lot of talk of aTm to the SEC on EPSN. Arkansas look out.
Look out for what? We just started a 10 year series with them last year. They are already on our schedule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions