Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big 12 is finished

Ogre

Big 12 is finished
« on: June 09, 2010, 08:33:05 PM »
ESPN News is reporting Nebraska has agreed to join the Big 10. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

Re: Big 12 is finished
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 08:36:49 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 08:44:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 09:00:03 PM »

That's restaurant quality! 5 stars!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 09:38:03 PM »
From the frontpage of Orangebloods.com: 

"Six Big 12 schools being invited by the Pac-10 for expansion - Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Colorado - are all expected to accept and begin play in the country's first super conference in 2012." 

Who do we want? 

I say we snag Virginia Tech, Florida State, Clemson, and North Carolina. 

Up the ante in basketball and keep up with the football race.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 09:41:53 PM »

"Six Big 12 schools being invited by the Pac-10 for expansion - Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Colorado - are all expected to accept and begin play in the country's first super conference in 2012." 

Who do we want? 

I like all of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 10:18:23 PM »

Who do we want? 

I like but, it would be nice to keep the divisions balanced.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 10:22:50 PM »

Who do we want? 

We don't need any of them. The SEC is what the other schools are trying to re-align and compete with. Addition will just dilute the SEC.
An SEC team will meet whoever in the NCG most years and whup they ass more often than not.
We're fine. The SEC ain't broke. Talent or moneywise.
No matter what they do, they will have to go through the SEC to win a National Championship with the teams that we already have 9 times out of 10. History will repeat itself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 10:24:08 PM »

Might be a struggle for Carolina, but I like it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 10:34:07 PM »
Might be a struggle for Carolina, but I like it!
Carolina will stick with their BB brethren. They are in one of the top BB conferences as it is. Them vs Duke every year is too big of a deal in that state for them to split up.
We don't need anyone else in the SEC. We are the number 1 football conference as it is. Let all them other goomers shuffle around and do whatever the fuck they want to do. At the end of the season, most of the time, they'll be playing one of our teams for all the marbles anyways.
Our TV contract is set for the next few years. You want to add a few teams now and cut every other current SEC team's payout? If you add more teams now, just remember that it will be coming out of our own pockets.
Fuck them other teams. We have the best deal going right now. Let them scratch for theirs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 10:46:39 PM »
Carolina will stick with their BB brethren. They are in one of the top BB conferences as it is. Them vs Duke every year is too big of a deal in that state for them to split up.
We don't need anyone else in the SEC. We are the number 1 football conference as it is. Let all them other goomers shuffle around and do whatever the phuk they want to do. At the end of the season, most of the time, they'll be playing one of our teams for all the marbles anyways.
Our TV contract is set for the next few years. You want to add a few teams now and cut every other current SEC team's payout? If you add more teams now, just remember that it will be coming out of our own pockets.
phuk them other teams. We have the best deal going right now. Let them scratch for theirs.

Butch Davis has them competitive again and they are no push over. Plus the BB aspect is worth. Plus I'm kinda of a secondary NC fan so....I would like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 11:03:48 PM »
SEC West:
Auburn
SPuat
LSU
Arkansas
Ole Miss
MSU
Tennessee
Vandy

SEC East:
Florida
Florida State
UGA
South Carolina
Clemson
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Kentucky
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

boartitz

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 11:17:31 PM »
There is no team adjacent to the SEC that will add anything more than what we already have. Fuck them.
The SEC pioneered expansion damn near 20 years ago when yall added us and USC east. Yall done good.
Sucks for the rest of the college football scene that it took so long to figger things out. We're already in the catbird seat, let the rest of them play musical chairs.
At the end of the fucking year, whoever wins the SEC will be in the National Championship Game most every time. Why would any SEC member want to fuck with the formula we already have in place?
We are set. Don't tread on me. I'll bite yore ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 11:22:36 PM »
There is no team adjacent to the SEC that will add anything more than what we already have. phuk them.
The SEC pioneered expansion damn near 20 years ago when yall added us and USC east. Yall done good.
Sucks for the rest of the college football scene that it took so long to figger things out. We're already in the catbird seat, let the rest of them play musical chairs.
At the end of the phuking year, whoever wins the SEC will be in the National Championship Game most every time. Why would any SEC member want to phuk with the formula we already have in place?
We are set. Don't tread on me. I'll bite yore ass.

Honestly - you know as good as we do that Arky and SCe were added because the Texas and FSU deals fell through. Bobby backed down at the last minute and Ann Richards wasn't letting Texas go without aTm. The SEC didn't want aTm so that was the end of that.  But I do think Arky has done well. I can't say the same for USCe except for giving the Uggers occasional fits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 11:29:34 PM »
Honestly - you know as good as we do that Arky and SCe were added because the Texas and FSU deals fell through. Bobby backed down at the last minute and Ann Richards wasn't letting Texas go without aTm. The SEC didn't want aTm so that was the end of that.  But I do think Arky has done well. I can't say the same for USCe except for giving the Uggers occasional fits.

I have to agree though in part. I really don't want the SEC to react by knee jerk. The Pac-10 as been seeing the writing on the wall; and now that their money maker is bout to suffer greatly (Trojans), they have made a move to stay alive. Again, the only way I would be for an increase in members is by equal. This is the elite club and you best know to do your part or don't f'n bother. The Big 12 teams really want no part in the SEC because its a death match every round here bitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 11:41:19 PM »
I have to agree though in part. I really don't want the SEC to react by knee jerk. The Pac-10 as been seeing the writing on the wall; and now that their money maker is bout to suffer greatly (Trojans), they have made a move to stay alive. Again, the only way I would be for an increase in members is by equal. This is the elite club and you best know to do your part or don't f'n bother. The Big 12 teams really want no part in the SEC because its a death match every round here bitches.

The SEC is being unusually reactive here though. I wish Slive was being a little more proactive and making calls right now. Hell, invite Texas and aTm to the West and FSU/GT to the East.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 11:44:11 PM »
The SEC is being unusually reactive here though. I wish Slive was being a little more proactive and making calls right now. Hell, invite Texas and aTm to the West and FSU/GT to the East.

I can def dig that fo sho. That would be nearly the only reason I could dig it. Even just add one team to the  west and one to the east.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 11:54:51 PM »
You don't know squat. Your history book needs revising.
By the way. Here's a monkey fucking a football. Enjoy.
http://www.bringonthecats.com/2010/6/7/1506558/adventures-of-the-big-12-twelve
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 12:24:36 AM »
We don't need any of them. The SEC is what the other schools are trying to re-align and compete with. Addition will just dilute the SEC.
An SEC team will meet whoever in the NCG most years and whup they ass more often than not.
We're fine. The SEC ain't broke. Talent or moneywise.
No matter what they do, they will have to go through the SEC to win a National Championship with the teams that we already have 9 times out of 10. History will repeat itself.

Lock the thread right here.

If the PAC 1 + 9 adds 6 more teams, it will implode in a few years. Too geographically diverse and distant.

No one in Austin gives a shit about Washington playing Oregon St., Stanford playing UCLA, etc. You can't force those rivalries.

If I get home from Auburn's game and MSU is playing Vandy on CSS, I will watch it. If an Oklahoma fan comes home and the only PAC 16 game on is ASU vs (fill in the blank with any other PAC 16 team) there would be a goat out back that was going to get Alley Whipped and Grudge Fucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 01:36:31 AM »
The stupid USC fan I work with has already started the whole "Our conference is gonna be bigger than your conference" shit.  I just smiled and said "Yeah, but since it's quality, not quantity, the SEC will still be the better conference..." 

I am with Tits - fuck 'em.  You aren't an elite conference if you let just anyone in.  In fact, let the entire rest of D1 band together - they will still be losing the egg to an SEC team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions