Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

iPhone 4

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: iPhone 4
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2010, 11:23:33 AM »
Here is where you can buy parts: (might need a Chinese translator)
http://shop59181546.taobao.com/

iFixit shows you how to take apart the phone.
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone-4-Teardown/3130/1

Engadget changed one to white.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/27/white-iphone-4-early-diy-edition-with-a-touch-of-black/

Let me know how it comes out.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:32:43 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2010, 11:59:47 AM »
"Unidentified"? What the phuk is that, unobtanium?

Why not make the phuking back of the phone out of the same poop as the front, unles you purposely want people to bust the poop up? Or, I don't know, rubber, or plastic, or metal, or ANY phukING MATERIAL BESIDES THE MOST BREAKABLE ONE ON THE PLANET, PLAIN OLD GLASS.

I'm pretty livid about it.

I would have gotten a case when I got the phone, but they were sold out of the bumpers and the people at the store were pimping this "gorilla glass", saying it wouldn't be a big deal to wait  little while.

Of course apple is selling these bumpers, which are nothing more than phuking rubber bands for $40.

On top of that, I'm pissed because I still can't jailbreak it. It's just plain broken.

I think I just jumped off the bandwagon. I'm probably getting a droid phone next. But now I have to wait 2 phuking years with this busted up piece of poop before I can switch to a network that actually phuking allows you to send and receive phone calls because it's not overcrowded as poop all because....Apple won't expand to other networks like T-Mobile, Sprint, or Verizon.

phuk em in da mouf.

Now you are seeing the light my friend....IPhone is all ATT has.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2010, 12:36:03 PM »
All kidding aside you can change the back out pretty easy with medium ease and a Chinese translator.
I'm sure Apple will change out the back for $$$$$$$.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2010, 01:17:21 PM »
I'm sure Apple will change out the back for $$$$$$$.
I went by at lunch today.

The girl at the genius said I could probably get it fixed for free, but I had to make an appointment with the genius bar.

I have to go back at 5:30.

I will be more pissed if they gave me that hope and then made me come up there twice just to squander it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2010, 01:33:41 PM »
If this "genius bar" is anything like Best Buy's "geek squad", then prayers are sent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2010, 01:57:35 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2010, 02:10:06 PM »
That's awesome, Chop.

I don't care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2010, 02:11:05 PM »
That's awesome, Chop.

I don't care.

Haha.  It fucking prints money.

I don't care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2010, 02:21:52 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2010, 07:25:07 PM »
Got my phone replaced in 10 minutes free of charge, with zero hassle. I walked into the apple store to see if anything could be done about it, fully expecting them to reply "Yeah, you can fuck yourself", but they informed me that apparently Apple is completely cool with people fucking their phones up into oblivion for a certain number of days after a release, and they hand you a new one, no questions asked. Apparently, it's so they can send the defective ones back to "study". Looks like I got lucky for once.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2010, 07:46:56 AM »
Got my phone replaced in 10 minutes free of charge, with zero hassle. I walked into the apple store to see if anything could be done about it, fully expecting them to reply "Yeah, you can fuck yourself", but they informed me that apparently Apple is completely cool with people fucking their phones up into oblivion for a certain number of days after a release, and they hand you a new one, no questions asked. Apparently, it's so they can send the defective ones back to "study". Looks like I got lucky for once.

Snicker

Glad they did right by you though.  Now you just have to deal with AT&T's shitty service.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2010, 10:30:57 AM »
Have any of you guys had problems with your cheek either muting, putting someone on hold, going into FaceTime, or just hanging up on someone?  Like the sensor that detects your face when you are talking on it is faulty. Headed to the apple store later today to see if they can fix this. But if someone tells me I'm holding the phone wrong, I may tell them to give me my money back, and reactivate my 3GS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2010, 10:55:30 AM »
I haven't had that happen yet. I still haven't had any issues since launch day, maybe I got lucky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Jumbo

« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »
Have any of you guys had problems with your cheek either muting, putting someone on hold, going into FaceTime, or just hanging up on someone?  Like the sensor that detects your face when you are talking on it is faulty. Headed to the apple store later today to see if they can fix this. But if someone tells me I'm holding the phone wrong, I may tell them to give me my money back, and reactivate my 3GS.
Every phone call I hang up with my face, I have to use the speakerphone to make calls. Keep me posted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »
Every phone call I hang up with my face, I have to use the speakerphone to make calls. Keep me posted.
That is weird.

Do you by chance have the phone in a case? I had this problem when I bought a case for the phone that wasn't "approved" by apple. There is a censor next to the earpiece that is supposed to tell when it's up against your face, and blacks the screen out. If it's blocked by anything else, it won't know you have the phone on your face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2010, 11:40:40 PM »

Apple store was aware of this problem, and have ordered me a new phone, they were out of the 32gb phones. Should have a replacement within a week. I'll let you know if that new one has the same issue, but I'd return yours. No hassle at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2010, 01:14:08 AM »
Apple store was aware of this problem, and have ordered me a new phone, they were out of the 32gb phones. Should have a replacement within a week. I'll let you know if that new one has the same issue, but I'd return yours. No hassle at all.
I spoke with a guy at At&t, he told me there working on an update that will fix the problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2010, 10:50:27 AM »
I don't know why, I've just never been an iPhone fan. I have a Droid Eris, and it runs great. I like the apps on the Android Market. I'm sure the Apple Store has a shitload more apps and everything, but other than the apps and storage (I can always throw a bigger SD card in if I need more than 8GB), I just don't know what the big deal is about the iPhone. I bought a $30 Otter Box for my Eris, and it has held up pretty good. I drop my phone on hard surfaces pretty regularly, so I am pretty happy with the Otter Box. I'm not knocking iPhones or anything, I just don't see what the big deal is. Perhaps I'm just not that well educated on them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2010, 11:12:03 AM »
I don't know why, I've just never been an iPhone fan. I have a Droid Eris, and it runs great. I like the apps on the Android Market. I'm sure the Apple Store has a shitload more apps and everything, but other than the apps and storage (I can always throw a bigger SD card in if I need more than 8GB), I just don't know what the big deal is about the iPhone. I bought a $30 Otter Box for my Eris, and it has held up pretty good. I drop my phone on hard surfaces pretty regularly, so I am pretty happy with the Otter Box. I'm not knocking iPhones or anything, I just don't see what the big deal is. Perhaps I'm just not that well educated on them.
I prefer the beaver box myself...wait..what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum