Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

iPhone 4

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: iPhone 4
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2010, 12:39:54 PM »
I don't know why, I've just never been an iPhone fan. I have a Droid Eris, and it runs great. I like the apps on the Android Market. I'm sure the Apple Store has a shitload more apps and everything, but other than the apps and storage (I can always throw a bigger SD card in if I need more than 8GB), I just don't know what the big deal is about the iPhone. I bought a $30 Otter Box for my Eris, and it has held up pretty good. I drop my phone on hard surfaces pretty regularly, so I am pretty happy with the Otter Box. I'm not knocking iPhones or anything, I just don't see what the big deal is. Perhaps I'm just not that well educated on them.
The I-Phone has the wifi's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2010, 01:24:48 PM »

I want the one with the bigger Gee Bees
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2010, 02:04:04 PM »
From what I can tell, my phone has pretty much everything the iPhone has, except the iPhone has a much more extensive app market, and iPhone probably has a better processor. As far as the apps department goes, Droid has a shit ton of functional applications available. If you're not looking to have fifty hojillion useless apps on your phone, Droid would be OK. Plus, my phone is on a pretty good network. I don't have to choose between shitty service, or a good phone. I get both.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:05:13 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Aubie16

« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2010, 02:04:31 PM »
I don't know why, I've just never been an iPhone fan. I have a Droid Eris, and it runs great. I like the apps on the Android Market. I'm sure the Apple Store has a shitload more apps and everything, but other than the apps and storage (I can always throw a bigger SD card in if I need more than 8GB), I just don't know what the big deal is about the iPhone. I bought a $30 Otter Box for my Eris, and it has held up pretty good. I drop my phone on hard surfaces pretty regularly, so I am pretty happy with the Otter Box. I'm not knocking iPhones or anything, I just don't see what the big deal is. Perhaps I'm just not that well educated on them.

My girlfriend has the Droid Eris and after using it awhile, I just don't like it as much as the iPhone.

It just comes down to ease of use for me. The whole user experience seems to be better on the iPhone. The whole OS is just more to my liking. My iPhone does everything I want it to without ever freezing up or anything. Syncing my music, movies, and podcasts are a breeze. One of the biggest things for me is that my calenders sync over the air with my computer in real-time so all my stuff is always up to date (a big thing for me).

After having a Palm Treo for a few years and having to use all kinds of workarounds to sync the calender with my laptop, it is really nice to just have it happen automatically. A lot of that is because I also have an apple laptop.

But as I've said before, it all comes down to personal preference and I'm certainly not going to knock somebody for choosing a different phone that serves their needs better.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:05:56 PM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2010, 08:46:05 AM »
After 3 iPhone 4s, all with the proximity sensor problem, numerous iOS4 restores, and who knows what else, I've fucking had it with the iPhone 4.  I'm returning it to AT&T today, get my money back, and reactivate my 3GS.

The tech support between AT&T and Apple don't know their assholes from their belly buttons.  Everyone I speak to tells me something different.  The final straw was the lady from AT&T I spoke with this morning who told me I was "holding the phone to close to my face."  When I asked her that if the proximity sensor worked properly, shouldn't that be a non issue?  And she told me that the "iPhone 4 just works better than the 3GS."

Fuck these ass clowns.  If Steve Jobs were in my office right now, I'd fucking donkey punch his ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2010, 09:13:13 AM »
After 3 iPhone 4s, all with the proximity sensor problem, numerous iOS4 restores, and who knows what else, I've phuking had it with the iPhone 4.  I'm returning it to AT&T today, get my money back, and reactivate my 3GS.

The tech support between AT&T and Apple don't know their buttholes from their belly buttons.  Everyone I speak to tells me something different.  The final straw was the lady from AT&T I spoke with this morning who told me I was "holding the phone to close to my face."  When I asked her that if the proximity sensor worked properly, shouldn't that be a non issue?  And she told me that the "iPhone 4 just works better than the 3GS."

phuk these ass clowns.  If Steve Jobs were in my office right now, I'd phuking donkey punch his ass.

Well...its a well run campaign, midget and broom and all. Thats why they kickin our butts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
Well...its a well run campaign, midget and broom and all. Thats why they kickin our butts.
Well they are the re-form candidate. Folks like the re-form candidate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2010, 10:44:46 AM »
Apple may be the best "marketing" company in the world this side of Anheuser Busch with the Budweiser brand. Whether you think their products are the best or not, they make people think they are and thats what sells. Kind of sad really.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2010, 11:16:12 AM »
Shut up you crazy cracka.

I'll press your flesh, you dimwitted sumbitch! You don't tell your pappy how to court the electorate. We ain't one-at-a-timin' here. We're MASS communicating!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2010, 11:18:11 AM »
Shut up you crazy cracka.

I'll press your flesh, you dimwitted sumbitch! You don't tell your pappy how to court the electorate. We ain't one-at-a-timin' here. We're MASS communicating!

Were the damn incumbent...how we gonna run RE-FORM ? Is that the best you guys can come up with - RE-FORM?

Look like a bunch of jonny come latelys bringin out our own midget - no matter how stumpy he is
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2010, 12:02:48 PM »
I was some what disappointed that the people at the AT&T store were very helfpul, and issued me a complete refund, waived the restocking fee, and set up my 3GS again.  The only thing they could not do was reverse the contract, which they said the 611 number would be able to help me with.

I was channeling Drill Instructor Sgt Martinez on my way over, since he resides on the 7th Layer of Hell, and he could make anyone do anything.  I'm pretty sure if BP got a hold of him, he'd yell at all the oil in the gulf, and it would return to the well as the speed of fucking light.

So, I basically had an iPhone4 for 3 weeks, and 2 replacements on my original model, and all three had the same problem.  The proximity sensor on it is total shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2010, 01:19:37 PM »
I was some what disappointed that the people at the AT&T store were very helfpul, and issued me a complete refund, waived the restocking fee, and set up my 3GS again.  The only thing they could not do was reverse the contract, which they said the 611 number would be able to help me with.

I was channeling Drill Instructor Sgt Martinez on my way over, since he resides on the 7th Layer of Hell, and he could make anyone do anything.  I'm pretty sure if BP got a hold of him, he'd yell at all the oil in the gulf, and it would return to the well as the speed of fucking light.

So, I basically had an iPhone4 for 3 weeks, and 2 replacements on my original model, and all three had the same problem.  The proximity sensor on it is total shit.
Maybe you should stop holding it too close to your face?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2010, 01:22:07 PM »

I don't care.

I need more Gee Bees and teh wifi's
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2010, 01:24:39 PM »
Topic: iPhone 4  (Read 666 times)

This confirms it, Apple is the devil.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Jumbo

« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2010, 01:25:51 PM »
I don't care.

I need more Gee Bees and teh wifi's
But the I-Phone has App's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2010, 01:54:48 PM »

I knew I was holding it wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »
I knew I was holding it wrong.
You cant hold the phone up to your ear, thats crazy talk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2010, 02:02:37 PM »
But the I-Phone has App's.
"it prints fucking money."
"I don't care."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2010, 03:49:46 PM »
The EVO will grant you three wishes.  It can be anything you want, including an iPhone 4.

I don't care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »