Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

iPhone 4

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: iPhone 4
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2010, 04:46:32 PM »
Four and a half fucking hours later I made it out alive. And no taint.  :thumsup:

I may have sweated my balls off in the hot sun for over half a business day while I was supposed to be working, but at least Apple supplied us with some bottled water and Chik-Fil-A.

Oh, and I got my iPhone 4.
How does Steve Job's balls taste?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2010, 04:58:15 PM »
I am pretty sure that I wouldn't stand in line for 4 hours for anything...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2010, 05:09:04 PM »
I am pretty sure that I wouldn't stand in line for 4 hours for anything...
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't either, if I had it to do over again.

I will not be doing that for iPhone 5. Live & learn.

I assumed that since I had reserved it that that actually fucking meant something.

There were two lines, one for reserves and one for people who just showed up.

Granted, the people in the "just showed up" line that was getting in the same time as me had been there since 5:30 am, which was about 10 1/2 hours. But by the end there, it was one from one line, one from the other.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2010, 05:12:42 PM »
Mine was delivered via FedEx this afternoon. The new screen resolution is unbelievable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2010, 06:05:25 PM »
I called Best Buy to confirm my appointment for Friday at noon, she politely informed me my resource was scheduled for today!!! Fuck......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2010, 08:26:52 AM »
Mine was 6:30 am till 9:45 but at lease it was inside a mall. Same deal as you Chad one reserved line one waiting. The waiting line though was 1 to evey 30 reserved that they let in. The reserved line moved pretty fast, the folks next to me had been in the waiting line since 5 and hadn't moved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2010, 08:44:08 AM »
Mine was 6:30 am till 9:45 but at lease it was inside a mall. Same deal as you Chad one reserved line one waiting. The waiting line though was 1 to evey 30 reserved that they let in. The reserved line moved pretty fast, the folks next to me had been in the waiting line since 5 and hadn't moved.

They have one of those stores here.  I like to do http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crop+dusting
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 08:45:03 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2010, 10:55:53 AM »
They have one of those stores here.  I like to do http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crop+dusting

You have to be moving to crop dust, and it sounds like there wasn't much of that going on here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2010, 10:58:12 AM »
You have to be moving to crop dust, and it sounds like there wasn't much of that going on here.

Oh, I'm not in line.  I am constantly moving spreading the love.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2010, 11:15:12 AM »
I was informed the guy that coerced me into waiting in line with him, that his friend went up to the Apple store at 7:30 PM and waited behind 6 people in the reserved line...

:ebm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2010, 06:54:29 PM »
I was informed the guy that coerced me into waiting in line with him, that his friend went up to the Apple store at 7:30 PM and waited behind 6 people in the reserved line...

:ebm:
Who did you go with?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2010, 01:34:25 AM »
My email icon's showing 24 in my inbox, I have deleted the emails? I'll hang up and listen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2010, 12:32:37 PM »
I've had all kinds of problems with my inbox as well.  I have my phone set up to not push at all, I want it to get emails when I tell it to, and with the phone sitting there, I'll get the email received tone, and notice that I've got mail.  I think it's related to the email app still being active, when I close the application down from the multitask bar, it's stopped notifying me when an email comes in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2010, 09:15:02 AM »
I had the iPhone 3G for 2 years without ever cracking the screen.

I have had the iPhone 4 made of the new "unbreakable glass", and have shattered the back completely in day five of ownership.

I had it in my elastic waistband of my gym shorts, when I went out to pick up the trash cans from the street. It slipped out and landed in the driveway, and the back screen was shattered.

I'd buy a case for this, for sure. I just did. My only saving grace, I guess, is that it shattered the back panel and not the front screen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2010, 09:34:31 AM »
I had the iPhone 3G for 2 years without ever cracking the screen.

I have had the iPhone 4 made of the new "unbreakable glass", and have shattered the back completely in day five of ownership.

I had it in my elastic waistband of my gym shorts, when I went out to pick up the trash cans from the street. It slipped out and landed in the driveway, and the back screen was shattered.

I'd buy a case for this, for sure. I just did. My only saving grace, I guess, is that it shattered the back panel and not the front screen.

This whole ordeal sounds like waaaaay more trouble than the damned phone is worth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2010, 10:05:47 AM »
This whole ordeal sounds like waaaaay more trouble than the damned phone is worth.
Aww come on I know I could talk you into the dutch rudder.

FYI Chad the back is not made of the same glass as the front.  Front is something called Gorilla Glass, the back is unidentified.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2010, 10:13:42 AM »
Aww come on I know I could talk you into the dutch rudder.

FYI Chad the back is not made of the same glass as the front.  Front is something called Gorilla Glass, the back is unidentified.
"Unidentified"? What the fuck is that, unobtanium?

Why not make the fucking back of the phone out of the same shit as the front, unles you purposely want people to bust the shit up? Or, I don't know, rubber, or plastic, or metal, or ANY FUCKING MATERIAL BESIDES THE MOST BREAKABLE ONE ON THE PLANET, PLAIN OLD GLASS.

I'm pretty livid about it.

I would have gotten a case when I got the phone, but they were sold out of the bumpers and the people at the store were pimping this "gorilla glass", saying it wouldn't be a big deal to wait  little while.

Of course apple is selling these bumpers, which are nothing more than fucking rubber bands for $40.

On top of that, I'm pissed because I still can't jailbreak it. It's just plain broken.

I think I just jumped off the bandwagon. I'm probably getting a droid phone next. But now I have to wait 2 fucking years with this busted up piece of shit before I can switch to a network that actually fucking allows you to send and receive phone calls because it's not overcrowded as shit all because....Apple won't expand to other networks like T-Mobile, Sprint, or Verizon.

Fuck em in da mouf.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 10:14:45 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2010, 10:19:21 AM »

Why not make the fucking back of the phone out of the same shit as the front, unles you purposely want people to bust the shit up? Or, I don't know, rubber, or plastic, or metal, or ANY FUCKING MATERIAL BESIDES THE MOST BREAKABLE ONE ON THE PLANET, PLAIN OLD GLASS.

I would have gotten a case when I got the phone, but they were sold out of the bumpers and the people at the store were pimping this "gorilla glass", saying it wouldn't be a big deal to wait  little while.

Of course apple is selling these bumpers, which are nothing more than fucking rubber bands for $40.

On top of that, I'm pissed because I still can't jailbreak it. It's just plain broken.

I think I just jumped off the bandwagon. I'm probably getting a droid phone next. But now I have to wait 2 fucking years with this busted up piece of shit before I can switch to a network that actually fucking allows you to send and receive phone calls because it's not overcrowded as shit all because....Apple won't expand to other networks like T-Mobile, Sprint, or Verizon.

Fuck em in da mouf.

This is funny as hell to me...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2010, 10:42:51 AM »

Fuck em in da mouf.
Maybe don't drop it next time?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2010, 10:43:38 AM »
All kidding aside you can change the back out pretty easy with medium ease and a Chinese translator.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:33:38 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum