Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Watcha listening to?

Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #2660 on: June 23, 2011, 01:26:33 PM »
Jarhead...I found this for you.  You may have seen it.  Two of the greatest in my mind

That version of Imagine is incredible.

For the Good Times - Jamey Johnson
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2661 on: June 23, 2011, 01:27:58 PM »
"Honeysuckle Blue" - Drivn' n Cryin'
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2662 on: June 23, 2011, 01:28:29 PM »
Saw him in concert at BJCC back in 2001 and it was a phenomenal show!

"Hot Legs" - Rod Stewart

I am sure it's on teh youtubes somewhere, but Knopfler, Clapton on guitar, Phil Collins on the drums and I forgot who else was there.  Think it was Sting doing vocals.....anywho, saw it on TV and was thinking damn at the talent on stage.

Also saw Petty and Prince do "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"  holy crap, Prince can play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2663 on: June 23, 2011, 02:45:56 PM »
That version of Imagine is incredible.

For the Good Times - Jamey Johnson

I thought so.  Going to see Johnson and Haggard in July.  Hoping for a good show, I have seen Hagg, but not Johnson.

When the Night Comes - Dan Auerbach
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2664 on: June 23, 2011, 04:36:21 PM »
Sultans of Swings - Dire Straits

Is Mark Knopfler not one of the most underrated guitarists of all time?

Not at all. But only for the same reason AUT1 listed. He's always in my tier 1 of guitarists. Most lists that are even half credible have him in the top 10-15.

The opening riff in Money for Nothing = teh roxxors.

Stay with Me - The Faces w Rod Stewart
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #2665 on: June 23, 2011, 07:14:58 PM »

I don't know what to say.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:30:36 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2666 on: June 23, 2011, 11:06:06 PM »

I don't know what to say.

That would be the one I was thinking of....

jmar, do you happen to like The Black Keys?  If you do, there is some music that I have posted in the Foo Review thread you might like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2667 on: June 24, 2011, 07:05:36 AM »
"Working in a Coal Mine" - Devo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2668 on: June 24, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »
I Touch Myself - No really, I touch myself
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2669 on: June 24, 2011, 12:31:57 PM »
"Fuel" - Metallica
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2670 on: June 24, 2011, 01:34:36 PM »
"Fuel" - Metallica

I was rockin' my face off with that last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2671 on: June 24, 2011, 01:38:49 PM »
"Shoot to Thrill" - AC/DC
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #2672 on: June 26, 2011, 04:46:44 AM »

This is what you get when you combine baroque stylings with R&B and rock.
To me it's like Bach meets The Band.
Keith Reid's lyrics with Brooker's voice, and Trower before he moved on.
Some things aren't meant to be but they sure are great while they last.

Check out this old man playing bass below...Jack Bruce or something. Pffft!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 03:01:00 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2673 on: June 27, 2011, 07:55:34 AM »
"I Will Survive" - Cake
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2674 on: June 27, 2011, 08:30:03 AM »
Back in the U.S.S.R. - The Beatles
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2675 on: June 27, 2011, 09:33:43 AM »
All By Myself - Eric Carmen
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2676 on: June 27, 2011, 09:48:19 AM »
"Southern Nights" - Glen Campbell

sidenote - he following editorial appeared in the Los Angeles Times on Friday, June 24:

The Grammy Award-winning singer Glen Campbell announced last week that he is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. And then he said he'd be going on the road for a farewell tour.

It's not unusual for a public figure to reveal a diagnosis of the insidious disease. Former President Reagan told the world of his battle with Alzheimer's in a poignant letter in 1994. Actor Charlton Heston disclosed, via a taped statement, that he was suffering from symptoms similar to those of Alzheimer's. Peace Corps founder Sargent Shriver's 2003 diagnosis was also announced. Although Heston and Shriver later made occasional appearances - and the "Ben Hur" star gave an interview - those prominent men essentially exited the public stage. Or to quote Heston quoting Shakespeare in his statement, they bade farewell and "melted into air, into thin air."

What's extraordinary about the 75-year-old Campbell, who revealed his illness in an interview with People magazine, is his intention to stay in the spotlight - and ask his fans' indulgence. That decision, if he can carry it out, is a milestone in the fight against Alzheimer's, a disease that currently has no cure, afflicts 5 million Americans and will only strike more as baby boomers age.

Campbell's tour is an opportunity to show not only how widespread this disease is but that life goes on even after one is diagnosed with it. Like Michael J. Fox, who has put a working actor's face on living with Parkinson's disease, Campbell - the singer known for such country pop classics as "Wichita Lineman" and "Rhinestone Cowboy" - can put a face on living with Alzheimer's.

Of course, it is not always a pretty face. According to the People article, Campbell "repeats himself frequently, struggles to recall details of his life and is unsure of his age." Earlier this month - before he made his condition known - a sold-out concert he gave in Indiana was panned by a critic who called the singer "unprepared at best and disoriented at worst."

Interestingly, some fans wrote in to the paper defending him. Of course, future concertgoers will know the back story. But it may be a taste of what's to come. And instead of just being saddened, fans should walk away determined to press for more research and funding into this horrendous disease that affects so many.
[/i]
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2677 on: June 27, 2011, 11:42:15 AM »
Heard about the Rhinestone Cowboy yesterday.  Sad stuff.

Lonely Day - System of A Down
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2678 on: June 27, 2011, 04:55:13 PM »
Icky Thump - The White Stripes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #2679 on: June 28, 2011, 12:25:35 AM »
"duellist" - iron maiden
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:27:40 AM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions