Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jesus H. Christ...Sweet Home Alabama...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Jesus H. Christ...Sweet Home Alabama...
« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2010, 09:16:19 AM »
Also, Dude, retard is not the preferred nomenclature. Logically-challenged, please.
:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #221 on: May 04, 2010, 09:24:16 AM »
Also, when people say stuff like "shoot em all", "beta-male", and other barely even offensive things it's hard not to step back and say what the fuck?

Reading comprehension is not a strong suit I see. No one said "shoot'em all". It was stated very clearly that ANYONE trying to cross the border illegally should be shot.

We are at war with terrorists and we are being invaded on our borders. Should we not be a little more vigilant at keeping this from happening?

What you got confused was that it was stated to "Deport them all".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »
If the status quo is rational discussion about a topic, while respecting alternative opinions and perspectives without resorting to personal attacks, you're right.  You and your pals will continue to offend and piss people off around here.  But, don't get your panties in a wad when others throw it back at you.  A couple of light-hearted jabs are just part of the fun and games, but the arrogant, know-it-all attacks calling anyone who disagrees with you an "idiot" is beyond ridiculous.  There have been several great discussions across polar-opposite positions in here without resorting to that crap. 
...sigh, ok, whatever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #223 on: May 04, 2010, 01:51:20 PM »
...sigh, ok, whatever.

I don't get it big Dan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #224 on: May 04, 2010, 03:43:20 PM »
I don't get it big Dan.
Es ist wie sprechen, eine Mauer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2010, 05:39:42 PM »
My whole point to this stupid thread is that the commercial is ridiculous and makes Alabama look stupid.  Period.
I guess it depends on who's perspective is being used. A lot of people agree with Tim's take. From what I read, Tejas & Florida are looking at following Arizona's lead in the fight against illegal immigration. The English only drivers exam is a weak shot in comparison, but it's another sign that the states facing this invasion are tired of sitting around waiting on big gubmint to get off their asses and do something to combat the problem.

This whole "doing ______ will make us look like stupid rednecks" argument lost a lot of steam during our basketball coach search. I really don't care what anyone outside the state thinks. They have no bearing on my life. All I want is for someone somewhere to do something about the problem.

Here's a little nugget to end on. I took a drivers exam in both Spain & Italy. Neither were available in English. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #226 on: May 04, 2010, 05:54:42 PM »
I guess it depends on who's perspective is being used. A lot of people agree with Tim's take. From what I read, Tejas & Florida are looking at following Arizona's lead in the fight against illegal immigration. The English only drivers exam is a weak shot in comparison, but it's another sign that the states facing this invasion are tired of sitting around waiting on big gubmint to get off their asses and do something to combat the problem.

This whole "doing ______ will make us look like stupid rednecks" argument lost a lot of steam during our basketball coach search. I really don't care what anyone outside the state thinks. They have no bearing on my life. All I want is for someone somewhere to do something about the problem.

Here's a little nugget to end on. I took a drivers exam in both Spain & Italy. Neither were available in English. 
What problem? This doesn't have shit to do with immigration. And there's no noticeable illegal alien problem in Alabama, even if it were. You're playing into his hands of believing it is, though. As even James himself made a point to note, the exam is not in only English & Spanish, but twelve different languages. As already rehashed, changing the exams now would discourage the recent influx of international business. As already rehashed, we already tried this in the 90's and it didn't work. We lost millions in legal fees and federal funding, AND it was ruled unconstitutional. That should be all you have to know, right there.

How can you or any educated person say with a straight face that THIS is the #1 concern for the state of Alabama right now. The fact that someone might prefer to take the driver's test in a foreign language. This is such a big deal that we need to waste millions of dollars in taxpayer money to fix it. That notion is simply absurd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #227 on: May 04, 2010, 06:06:21 PM »
Actually, I haven't stated an opinion on the issue. I'm just pointing out that those who do see it this way have a equally valid point as those who oppose. Maybe the cure as a nation for this debate is to declare an official language and get it over with.

And, for the record, I consider myself to be an educated person.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Token

« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2010, 06:53:35 PM »
How can you or any educated person say with a straight face that THIS is the #1 concern for the state of Alabama right now.

It's not.  Neither was the stupid gourmet beer law, but some people were shitting their pants over it.  

Typical Alabama logic, as it pertains to this topic is more like "Why we gotta have brurrys? I get my Nattie Light from the Piggy Wig. I don't need em to make it in fronta me!"

Interestingly enough, those who were opposed to the bill were also thrown into the redneck category.  

I see a pattern.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:54:10 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #229 on: May 04, 2010, 07:29:29 PM »
It's not.  Neither was the stupid gourmet beer law, but some people were shitting their pants over it.  

Interestingly enough, those who were opposed to the bill were also thrown into the redneck category.  

I see a pattern.
Alabama fans = rednecks?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »

I see a pattern.
Everyone tried to make this argument about the gourmet beer thing. That it's not the #1 biggest issue facing Alabama. There is one major difference between that issue and this one. This one is going to allocate millions of dollars in taxpayer money so that we can "Put them Mexicans in their rahtful place!" No longer having beers that are more than 5% alcohol be outlawed in this state, contrarily, brings money into Alabama in business revenue. There's nothing to lose, and only something to gain. Not the least of which being that I don't have to go out of state to enjoy a tasty beer, paying taxes to that state and supporting their economy.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:30:06 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #231 on: May 04, 2010, 08:11:52 PM »
What problem? This doesn't have shit to do with immigration. And there's no noticeable illegal alien problem in Alabama
Really? You really need to get out of honkytopia a little more often. Take a trip up to Blount, Etowah, or DeKalb county and count the amigos. You'll be suprised. Hell, there's enough mexicans in northern St Clair county alone to make a Clint Eastwood western.

Like I said, both sides have valid points. I agree there are 100 more pressing issues in Alabama today than the drivers exam, but to marginalize the opponents position by throwing around demeaning names adds nothing to the debate.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2010, 08:15:15 PM »
Everyone tried to make this argument about the gourmet beer thing. That it's not the #1 biggest issue facing Alabama. There is one major difference between that issue and this one. This one is going to allocate millions of dollars in taxpayer money so that we can "Put them Mexicans in their rahtful place!" No longer having beers that are more than 5% alcohol be outlawed in this state, contrarily, brings money into Alabama in business revenue. There's nothing to lose, and only something to gain. Not the least of which being that I don't have to go out of state to enjoy a tasty beer, paying taxes to that state and supporting their economy.

Some people aren't willing to sell their principles.  Neither you or I have the right to dictate or decide how someone should feel about certain topics.  If a man isn't willing to allow more alcohol into the state for a few extra pennies, so be it.  It doesn't make it wrong or right, it makes it his opinion. 

To the people who don't give a shit about losing millions of billions over an English only driving exam, too fucking bad.  It's already been ruled unconstitutional so that's it.  But, not giving a shit about about losing a little bit of money doesn't make those people ignorant rednecks.  Headstrong?  Yes.  But not a redneck.

Some people aren't for sell.  Neither are their beliefs. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #233 on: May 04, 2010, 09:33:53 PM »
Alabama fans = rednecks?

Tim James believes in the Auburn Creed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #234 on: May 04, 2010, 10:20:06 PM »
Some people aren't willing to sell their principles.  Neither you or I have the right to dictate or decide how someone should feel about certain topics.  If a man isn't willing to allow more alcohol into the state for a few extra pennies, so be it.  It doesn't make it wrong or right, it makes it his opinion. 

To the people who don't give a shit about losing millions of billions over an English only driving exam, too fucking bad.  It's already been ruled unconstitutional so that's it.  But, not giving a shit about about losing a little bit of money doesn't make those people ignorant rednecks.  Headstrong?  Yes.  But not a redneck.

Some people aren't for sell.  Neither are their beliefs. 

If a man isn't willing to allow more alcohol into the state, then none of us can have it? So much for fair market and personal responsibility. Poll 100 people, and I guarantee you at least 99 of them don't think it's a moral abomination to responsibly enjoy an adult beverage of 5.6% alcohol, but are totally cool as long as it's 5.5% or less. And even if they didn't, that's too bad because we have a little thing called separation of church and state. Let alone the complete illogical nature of outlawing a 5.6% alcohol beer, but allowing 40% alcohol and higher liquor. Or 10% alcohol or higher wine, for that matter. A law like that makes absolutely no sense. Taking away ridiculous restrictions that do nothing but hinder the free market and force people to donate tax dollars to surrounding states makes perfect sense. Wasting millions on something already deemed unconstitutional because you want to make an immigration issue out of something where there is none, does not make any sense whatsoever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #235 on: May 04, 2010, 10:41:44 PM »
If a man isn't willing to allow more alcohol into the state, then none of us can have it? So much for fair market and personal responsibility. Poll 100 people, and I guarantee you at least 99 of them don't think it's a moral abomination to responsibly enjoy an adult beverage of 5.6% alcohol, but are totally cool as long as it's 5.5% or less. And even if they didn't, that's too bad because we have a little thing called separation of church and state. Let alone the complete illogical nature of outlawing a 5.6% alcohol beer, but allowing 40% alcohol and higher liquor. Or 10% alcohol or higher wine, for that matter. A law like that makes absolutely no sense. Taking away ridiculous restrictions that do nothing but hinder the free market and force people to donate tax dollars to surrounding states makes perfect sense.

I should have clarified myself a little better.  A man shouldn't and can't decide for the rest of us.  A man has a single vote, and if he doesn't give a fuck about a little money for more alcohol?  His choice.  His opinion.  His vote.  Doesn't make him an ignorant redneck.  It makes him someone who doesn't give a shit about alcohol.

Wasting millions on something already deemed unconstitutional because you want to make an immigration issue out of something where there is none, does not make any sense whatsoever.

Billions of millions.  Don't shortchange the rednecks.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 10:43:54 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2010, 10:46:32 PM »
And for the record, I don't believe (fill in the blank) is anymore of a redneck than you are a hippie.  Except for BZ770, because he admitted to being a redneck.  Although that confuses me a bit, because apparently, he's also Jewish.  I don't think I've ever seen a redneck Jew, but whatever. 

Point being, I'm tired of this argument.  I'm not even sure what the argument is about anymore, so I'm getting the fuck outta here.  And by getting the fuck outta here, I don't mean I'm deleting my account. 

So fuck yall. 

Hippies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #237 on: May 04, 2010, 11:01:11 PM »
I should have clarified myself a little better.  A man shouldn't and can't decide for the rest of us.  A man has a single vote, and if he doesn't give a fuck about a little money for more alcohol?  His choice.  His opinion.  His vote.  Doesn't make him an ignorant redneck.  It makes him someone who doesn't give a shit about alcohol.

Billions of millions.  Don't shortchange the rednecks.

My whole thing is the alcohol thing doesn't affect anyone adversely. How are you burdened because I get to enjoy a Chimay Blue? If this driver's license thing passed, I'm forced to spend my tax money on that ridiculous shit, and the state I live in sinks further into an economic slump. It actually would take funds away from things like education and repairing roads, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #238 on: May 05, 2010, 10:08:19 AM »
Chad, I suggest you take it up with the Alabama legislature if its that big of an issue for you instead of people here.

Point being, I'm tired of this argument.  I'm not even sure what the argument is about anymore, so I'm getting the phuk outta here.  And by getting the phuk outta here, I don't mean I'm deleting my account. 

And....THIS.

I'm with Token. After a while even I get tired of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #239 on: May 05, 2010, 10:14:31 AM »
And for the record, I don't believe (fill in the blank) is anymore of a redneck than you are a hippie.  Except for BZ770, because he admitted to being a redneck.  Although that confuses me a bit, because apparently, he's also Jewish.  I don't think I've ever seen a redneck Jew, but whatever. 

Point being, I'm tired of this argument.  I'm not even sure what the argument is about anymore, so I'm getting the fuck outta here.  And by getting the fuck outta here, I don't mean I'm deleting my account

So fuck yall. 

Hippies.
Zinger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.