Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jesus H. Christ...Sweet Home Alabama...

Re: Jesus H. Christ...Sweet Home Alabama...
« Reply #240 on: May 05, 2010, 03:33:46 PM »
My whole thing is the alcohol thing doesn't affect anyone adversely. How are you burdened because I get to enjoy a Chimay Blue? If this driver's license thing passed, I'm forced to spend my tax money on that ridiculous shit, and the state I live in sinks further into an economic slump. It actually would take funds away from things like education and repairing roads, etc.

I'd argue that the current administration has already done FAR more damage to things that will effect education, roads and businss than something that's absolutley not going to happen anyway, like the drivers exam change.

We're all already being "forced to spend our tax money on that ridiculous shit" called healthcare reform that basically one man, and one political party has decided for us.

So like Token said, I know I'm not an asshole that doesn't want children and others to have healthcare, but because I don't approve of HOW and WHAT this particular bill means, I'm portraited as such more often than not.  It's simply my belief, my vote, and I'd rather see it done another way.  That simple.

Anyyyyway....

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:37:45 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #241 on: May 05, 2010, 03:35:24 PM »
I'm not pissed at all.  I don't give a flying fuck if a single person agrees with me and I have no elitist mentality.

My whole point to this stupid thread is that the commercial is ridiculous and makes Alabama look stupid.  Period.

What it actually show is the mindset of the folks in the Tim James camp think will be electing our next Gov. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #242 on: May 05, 2010, 03:58:57 PM »
More "Common Sense" from James.

Note that he features his wife in this one, apparently for no other reason than to make sure people know he ain't no queer.

Sex Offenders are already required to register twice a year, and when they change residence, or relocate for more than three days. Adding this requirement will not make anyone safer, it will just clog the courts with more violations of the community notification act and put more of a burden on an already underfunded and understaffed Sheriff's Department.

Am I complaining that it "is an inconvenience to sex offenders", as James's simpleton understanding of potential opposition to this states? That's absurd. It's nothing more than another false sense of security that will achieve nothing but wasting tons more state money. Just like his other "common sense" issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #243 on: May 05, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »

Note that he features his wife in this one, apparently for no other reason than to make sure people know he ain't no queer.

Sex Offenders are already required to register twice a year, and when they change residence, or relocate for more than three days. Adding this requirement will not make anyone safer, it will just clog the courts with more violations of the community notification act and put more of a burden on an already underfunded and understaffed Sheriff's Department.

Am I complaining that it "is an inconvenience to sex offenders", as James's simpleton understanding of potential opposition to this states? That's absurd. It's nothing more than another false sense of security that will achieve nothing but wasting tons more state money. Just like his other "common sense" issue.

Timmy boy knows who runs this state!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #244 on: May 05, 2010, 05:53:37 PM »

1.  The producer of James' commercials needs to be shot.

2.  You're fucking batshit crazy if you believe tougher restrictions on sex offenders aren't needed.  And you obviously don't deal with the motherfuckers on a daily basis.  I agree that it will put more of a burden on the Sheriff's Office and court system, but it's a burden that tax payers should be willing to carry.  

For the record, the court system and law enforcement will always be understaffed and heavily burdened.  Shoplifters put a burden on the court.  Drunk idiots fighting in the parking lot of the local club puts a burden on the courts.  Dimebag Danny puts a burden on the courts.  I don't know a person in the business that would have a problem spending more time and energy on keeping up with sex offenders.

And damn you, Chad, for reeling me back in.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 05:58:15 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #245 on: May 05, 2010, 06:03:05 PM »

2.  You're fucking batshit crazy if you believe tougher restrictions on sex offenders aren't needed.  And you obviously don't deal with the motherfuckers on a daily basis.  I agree that it will put more of a burden on the Sheriff's Office and court system, but it's a burden that tax payers should be willing to carry.  

For the record, the court system and law enforcement will always be understaffed and heavily burdened.  Shoplifters put a burden on the court.  Drunk idiots fighting in the parking lot of the local club puts a burden on the courts.  Dimebag Danny puts a burden on the courts.  I don't know a person in the business that would have a problem spending more time and energy on keeping up with sex offenders.

I'm all for keeping tabs on them...but seriously, just how much more can reasonably be done.  The fucking sacks of shit can't take a dump without persmission now, and if it doesn't smell right, they get violated.  And yeah, I deal with them every day on my job.  The system currently in place, in addition to the private watchdog groups do a pretty good job of keeping up with them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #246 on: May 05, 2010, 06:04:23 PM »

I'm being serious when I ask...really? You're in law enforcement, so I will defer to you.

But do you seriously think that making sex offenders register quarter annually instead of semi-annually is going to keep the streets any safer from sex offenders? I'd say that semi-annually plus whenever they change residence, even temporarily, will do the trick. What does this achieve besides more paperwork and taxpayer money?

It doesn't take much to see through this as yet another seemingly completely random mandate to waste more tax dollars. If it ain't broke, try to fix it anyway, and call it "Common Sense".
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:06:39 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #247 on: May 05, 2010, 06:24:58 PM »
I'm all for keeping tabs on them...but seriously, just how much more can reasonably be done.  The fucking sacks of shit can't take a dump without persmission now, and if it doesn't smell right, they get violated.  And yeah, I deal with them every day on my job.  The system currently in place, in addition to the private watchdog groups do a pretty good job of keeping up with them.  

I'm not saying the system now isn't adequate, I'm saying placing more restrictions on them can't be a bad thing.  I'm not sure how each and every county operates, but I can speak for mine.  It would take a little more paperwork, but no more man power.  And the more time those assholes spend at the Sheriff's Office, the better off we are.

I'm being serious when I ask...really? You're in law enforcement, so I will defer to you.

But do you seriously think that making sex offenders register quarter annually instead of semi-annually is going to keep the streets any safer from sex offenders? I'd say that semi-annually plus whenever they change residence, even temporarily, will do the trick. What does this achieve besides more paperwork and taxpayer money?

It doesn't take much to see through this as yet another seemingly completely random mandate to waste more tax dollars. If it ain't broke, try to fix it anyway, and call it "Common Sense".

Make the streets safer?  In a sense, yes.  If it leads to violations of the notification act, then it's getting them off the streets.  The problem is, a lot of those fuckers "only spend the night" in places they have no business being.  "Oh, I was just staying at a friends house.  I still live at ___________".  It's bullshit, and they know how to work the system for the little bit of wiggle room they have.  Keeping a constant eye on them is nearly impossible and they know it.  So, in my opinion, forcing them to visit the local law enforcement office a few more times a year can't hurt.  

Let me clarify though, I will not be voting for Tim James.  I just happen to agree with his stance on this issue.  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:27:23 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #248 on: May 05, 2010, 06:35:35 PM »
And let me also say, neither of his issues so far are very far up the priority list for me.  Although I firmly agree with the sex offender idea, it pisses me off that NONE of the candidates so far are willing to touch our states biggest problem. 

In Etowah County alone, we are laying off 39 teachers and support staff.  THIS pisses me off.  Education should be the top priority for ANYONE running for governor, and in my opinion, it's a slap in the face to the citizens of Alabama to have Tim James address two issues as non-relevant the driving exam and sex offenders.

Education should be the absolute last fund to be cut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #249 on: May 05, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »
I'm not saying the system now isn't adequate, I'm saying placing more restrictions on them can't be a bad thing.  I'm not sure how each and every county operates, but I can speak for mine.  It would take a little more paperwork, but no more man power.  And the more time those assholes spend at the Sheriff's Office, the better off we are.

Make the streets safer?  In a sense, yes.  If it leads to violations of the notification act, then it's getting them off the streets.  The problem is, a lot of those fuckers "only spend the night" in places they have no business being.  "Oh, I was just staying at a friends house.  I still live at ___________".  It's bullshit, and they know how to work the system for the little bit of wiggle room they have.  Keeping a constant eye on them is nearly impossible and they know it.  So, in my opinion, forcing them to visit the local law enforcement office a few more times a year can't hurt.  

Let me clarify though, I will not be voting for Tim James.  I just happen to agree with his stance on this issue.  

The CNA seems to be written, and is certainly enforced in such a way that it would lead most to believe that we want them to violate it.  Sort of stupid if you think about it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #250 on: May 05, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »
The CNA seems to be written, and is certainly enforced in such a way that it would lead most to believe that we want them to violate it.  Sort of stupid if you think about it. 

I guess it depends on how you look at it.  I personally believe 90% of sex offenders get off too light, so the CNA should be tough as hell.  Can't get into specifics, but I've had 2 violated in the last 6 months for being in an area they had no business being. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2010, 06:48:51 PM »
And let me also say, neither of his issues so far are very far up the priority list for me.  Although I firmly agree with the sex offender idea, it pisses me off that NONE of the candidates so far are willing to touch our states biggest problem. 

In Etowah County alone, we are laying off 39 teachers and support staff.  THIS pisses me off.  Education should be the top priority for ANYONE running for governor, and in my opinion, it's a slap in the face to the citizens of Alabama to have Tim James address two issues as non-relevant the driving exam and sex offenders.

Education should be the absolute last fund to be cut.
Fuckin THIS!

This has been my primary point all along.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #252 on: May 05, 2010, 06:57:31 PM »
Fuckin THIS!

This has been my primary point all along.

Had I not been occupied with being an asshole, we probably could have reached this conclusion 14 pages ago. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #253 on: May 05, 2010, 07:01:26 PM »
I guess it depends on how you look at it.  I personally believe 90% of sex offenders get off too light, so the CNA should be tough as hell.  Can't get into specifics, but I've had 2 violated in the last 6 months for being in an area they had no business being. 

I look at it like this:  They served their time, and it aint for anyone else to say different...especially some cop looking to trip them up.  If they fuck up, or lie, put them away for good, but trying to trip them up with technicalities is pointless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #254 on: May 05, 2010, 07:09:26 PM »
I look at it like this:  They served their time, and it aint for anyone else to say different...especially some cop looking to trip them up.  If they fuck up, or lie, put them away for good, but trying to trip them up with technicalities is pointless.

I agree.  But it's not too much to ask a registered sex offender to stay the fuck away from school playgrounds.  No law enforcement officer under our constitution should be riding around trying to put someone in jail.  That's not the job.  The job is to keep crime to a minimum with officer presence.  

And even if they fuck up or lie, they still don't get put away for good.  They might serve another 2 years on their sentence, then they'll be cut loose again.  

They know the rules when they are released.  They know the odds are against them and they can only live a certain way.  That's the consequences of their actions.  If they choose not to follow the rules, fuck 'em.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 07:13:12 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2010, 09:32:42 PM »
2 words: chemical castration.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #256 on: May 05, 2010, 11:50:35 PM »
Afa sex offenders go, I personally would support weekly registration.  Hell, make it daily. Assign them their very own cop to follow them every time they set foot out of their house.   I hope their lives are so inconvenienced that they get frustrated enough to jump in front of a freight train.  I would not give two flips if every last one of the fuckers died a horrible, painful death.  I am talking about rapists and child molesters.  I hope they all contract leprosy AIDS cancer of the penis.  I don't care how miserable their lives are - it can never be miserable enough to suit me.

And I am not talking about the "18 yr old who had sex with his 17 yr old gf..." - yeah, they get caught up in it all but I think the definition should be loosened up everywhere on those guys like we did out here - made it an "age range" issue - to be a SO he has to be more than "x" number of years apart in age, so it keeps it from ruining some hormonal teenage boy's life.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2010, 12:10:28 AM »
Afa sex offenders go, I personally would support weekly registration.  Hell, make it daily. Assign them their very own cop to follow them every time they set foot out of their house.   I hope their lives are so inconvenienced that they get frustrated enough to jump in front of a freight train.  I would not give two flips if every last one of the fuckers died a horrible, painful death.  I am talking about rapists and child molesters.  I hope they all contract leprosy AIDS cancer of the penis.  I don't care how miserable their lives are - it can never be miserable enough to suit me.

This. There is no rehabilitation for pedophiles. We waste our time and our money. There should be an island somewhere that they get sent to.

Either that, or shoot them with the illegals..........I had to reel this thread back in. You people chase butterflies worse than Simba.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:11:26 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Token

« Reply #258 on: May 06, 2010, 09:03:33 AM »

And I am not talking about the "18 yr old who had sex with his 17 yr old gf..." - yeah, they get caught up in it all but I think the definition should be loosened up everywhere on those guys like we did out here - made it an "age range" issue - to be a SO he has to be more than "x" number of years apart in age, so it keeps it from ruining some hormonal teenage boy's life.

I agree 125%. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #259 on: May 07, 2010, 12:54:30 PM »

Unfortunately, they're lumped in with all the pedophiles too.  Same same under the current law. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions