Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2010 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: The Official 2010 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2010, 05:10:43 PM »
The fact that you are still an Orioles fan after Ripken is gone is pathetic.

But that does not change the fact that the Suckasstros are still the worst team in baseball with no signs of improvement.

Carlos Lee's batting average is .104 (up from .083!!) with no extra-base hits, one walk, and 11 strikeouts in 12 games.

Nuff said.

My ties to the Orioles are older than Ripken.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2010, 05:55:03 PM »
I honestly don't pay a whole lot of attention to the American League, and everytime I've heard people bitch about Angelos, I've taken it with a grain of salt, thinking they were just pissed about sucking, and playing in the hardest division in baseball.  But the fact that he turns down help from Ripken really opens my eyes.  What a fucking moron.

Since retiring as a player, the Ripken sons have been have served as ambassadors to baseball across the globe and bought a minor league baseball team close to Baltimore that is within the Orioles system. He has kept a keen interest on his beloved Orioles, and is trying to help develop players to bring the organization championships again.

He recently approached Angelos to offer his services to talk to some of the young Orioles stars, hoping to offer a mentorship in hopes to "finish off their development." He did not ask for a specific role, he only wanted to do what he was taught in The Oriole Way. To give back.

Angelos, widely considered the worst owner in Major League Baseball and one of the worst in all of professional sports, flatly refused the generous offer from a legend trying to help a team that has lost ten of the 11 games they have played this season thus far.

His reason was as moronic as his legacy of ownership. He did not want Ripken to receive any credit once the team became successful. What Angelos did yet again was put his ego ahead of his team or the Orioles fans who help keep his team from going under by paying money seeing a product not being afforded every opportunity possible to win.

http://sportsnation.espn.go.com/fans/3rdStoneFromTheSun/blog/posts/107554
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2010, 06:02:37 PM »
I honestly don't pay a whole lot of attention to the American League, and everytime I've heard people bitch about Angelos, I've taken it with a grain of salt, thinking they were just pissed about sucking, and playing in the hardest division in baseball.  But the fact that he turns down help from Ripken really opens my eyes.  What a phuking moron.

http://sportsnation.espn.go.com/fans/3rdStoneFromTheSun/blog/posts/107554

I have said it before that Angelos is running that program in the dirt.  He is the worst owner in MLB period.  The Radiers fans have Al Davis, Orioles fans have Peter Angelos. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2010, 11:44:14 PM »
I honestly don't pay a whole lot of attention to the American League, and everytime I've heard people bitch about Angelos, I've taken it with a grain of salt, thinking they were just pissed about sucking, and playing in the hardest division in baseball.  But the fact that he turns down help from Ripken really opens my eyes.  What a fucking moron.

Wow.  Just... wow. Calling that guy a fucking moron is an insult to fucking morons everywhere.  I had no idea he was that bad.  Guess I'll scoot over and give AUT1 a seat beside me on the "Our Teams Suck Donkey Balls" bench. 

If Ripken offered my team even a bucket of freaking sunflower seeds, I would be falling all over myself I'd be saying THANK YOU so fast... especially if my teams sucks as bad as the Orioles do...

What a dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2010, 09:46:19 AM »
Do Bags or Biggio do anything for the Astros?  I know that in Larry Walker and Mike Matheny come down to spring training every year.  The Cards have been trying for years to get Matheny involved in some form, but he only does 2 or 3 weeks at spring training.

Funny story, after Matheny left the Cards, he was catching for the Giants.  I was working out in SF that summer, and was watching the Giants game.  Someone in the stands held up a sign that said "Mike Matheny is the toughest man alive."  The announcers were commenting on the sign, at one point one of them said that if people were describing him like that, he's introduce himself like "Hi, I'm Mike Matheny, toughest man alive."  A few innings later, Giants are in the field, pitcher throws the ball in the dirt, it bounces up at Matheny, who trapped it between his neck and shoulder.  The announcer goes crazy "he just caught a fastball with his neck."  The color guy, without missing a beat says "he really is the toughest man alive."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2010, 10:06:15 AM »
Do Bags or Biggio do anything for the Astros?  I know that in Larry Walker and Mike Matheny come down to spring training every year.  The Cards have been trying for years to get Matheny involved in some form, but he only does 2 or 3 weeks at spring training.

Funny story, after Matheny left the Cards, he was catching for the Giants.  I was working out in SF that summer, and was watching the Giants game.  Someone in the stands held up a sign that said "Mike Matheny is the toughest man alive."  The announcers were commenting on the sign, at one point one of them said that if people were describing him like that, he's introduce himself like "Hi, I'm Mike Matheny, toughest man alive."  A few innings later, Giants are in the field, pitcher throws the ball in the dirt, it bounces up at Matheny, who trapped it between his neck and shoulder.  The announcer goes crazy "he just caught a fastball with his neck."  The color guy, without missing a beat says "he really is the toughest man alive."

I know hes not particularly popular in bb ranks anymore but I think having McGuire around was cool. With or without roids - the guy knew how to slug evidenced by his rookie year. Plus - outside of bb, hes very respected in the community for his charity work and nice guy personality.  I was happy when the Braves brought Pendleton back too. The O's are stupid for not including Ripken in some capacity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2010, 10:27:42 AM »
Wow.  Just... wow. Calling that guy a phuking moron is an insult to phuking morons everywhere.  I had no idea he was that bad.  Guess I'll scoot over and give AUT1 a seat beside me on the "Our Teams Suck Donkey Balls" bench. 

If Ripken offered my team even a bucket of freaking sunflower seeds, I would be falling all over myself I'd be saying THANK YOU so fast... especially if my teams sucks as bad as the Orioles do...

What a tool.

Thanks for the seat :-)

Ripken said he would like to purchase the team back in 07 but Angelos never acknowledged him.  I was really hoping it was going to happen but it didn't.  I have seen videos of Ripken and read one of his books.  His baseball knowledge is unreal.  He has so much more of a mental game than anyone I have ever seen or heard.  The detail he pays to even the smallest of things is just amazing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2010, 10:33:05 AM »
The detail he pays to even the smallest of things is just amazing.

Those are always the best guys to watch play.  You learn so much from the little things they do.  Next time you watch the Cardinals, pay attention to the non-batting things Pujols does.  How he runs the bases, how he plays defense. 

Will be hitting an O's game soon, but tonight, I'm headed to the Nats/Rox game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2010, 10:54:50 AM »
Both are also still a part of the Astros in Action Foundation and are loosely affiliated with the organization still.  They may show up at spring training or at batting practice, but they don't have active day to day roles that I know of.

However, Biggio is an unpaid assnt coach at St. Thomas High School, where his boys play, and he spends most of his time there.  He even does the groundskeeping for the baseball fields... amazing.  Biggio also remains very active with his Sunshine Kids Foundation.

Baggy is some sort of consultant with the team, but he spends most of his time at his home in Cabo San Lucas or playing golf.  The way he went out with the whole injury/insurance claim thing was a bit bitter for some people in Astros management to swallow, I guess. 

Obviously, the fans, myself included, love them and miss them both terribly.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2010, 12:47:15 PM »
Obviously, the fans, myself included, love them and miss them both terribly.

As a baseball fan, I miss them.  As a Houston rival, I'm glad they are gone.  When's Berkman due back?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2010, 01:32:34 PM »
He has so much more of a mental game than anyone I have ever seen or heard.

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Signed,

Greg Maddox
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2010, 01:59:01 PM »
Bull. phuking. poop.

Signed,

Greg Maddox

Greg Maddux can fuck himself.

Signed,

Peyton Manning
Jeff Gordon
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2010, 02:18:22 PM »
Greg Maddux can fuck himself.

Signed,

Peyton Manning
Jeff Gordon
Only one of those guys throws balls, and it is oblong.  The other guy competes in the Left Hand Turn races.  Just saying...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2010, 02:20:13 PM »
Bull. phuking. poop.

Signed,

Greg Maddox

Different situations. I would argue guys like Ripken have a lot more to study and think about during a game. Pitchers have to know hitters and what pitches to throw in what situations.  They also lean on their catcher for pitch calling.    Fielders have to know hitters, if they push or pull, how they tend to hit with runners on base, in scoring position.  Most pitchers aren't hitters either.  Players like Ripken also had to study the guys they were facing and what they tended to pitch.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2010, 04:23:29 PM »
Only one of those guys throws balls, and it is oblong.  The other guy competes in the Left Hand Turn races.  Just saying...

hey now - he said "ever seen". Both those guys are known as thinkers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2010, 04:56:15 PM »
As a baseball fan, I miss them.  As a Houston rival, I'm glad they are gone.  When's Berkman due back?
Berkman is in the minors right now doing rehab - ALLEGEDLY he will be back Thursday... but there is still swelling in the knee... so who the hell knows.  If he was smart, he'd stay in the minors and avoid being associated with this clusterfuck of a season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2010, 05:54:55 PM »
hey now - he said "ever seen". Both those guys are known as thinkers.

Jeff Gordon a thinker?  Remember when he cheated and divorced his first wife and it cost him $30 mil........he didn't think that one through. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2010, 07:45:27 AM »
Nice to see that Kyle Loshe has returned to form.  Asshole.  I fucking hate him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2010, 08:43:59 AM »
St. Louis           9   5   .643   -
Pittsburgh   7   6   .538   1.5
Milwaukee   6   7   .462   2.5
Cincinnati           6   8   .429   3.0
Chi Cubs           5   9   .357   4.0
Houston           4   9   .308   4.5

...only because the Schlubs have played one more game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2010, 09:03:49 AM »
Isn't that usually a good sign for Cubs fans though?  Suck in April and May, at least be competitive the rest of the regular season?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions