Not.  Soon.  Enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Re: The Official 2010 MLB Bitch and Moan Thread
« Reply #321 on: August 04, 2010, 10:34:24 AM »
But, Diamond had a good game for the Cubs, sure he took the loss, but 6IP, 10k, 3BB, 3ER, that's a really good debut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #322 on: August 04, 2010, 11:00:29 AM »
If your owner could convince MLB to have the Astros play the Cards 162 times, you guys would at worst be 140-22.

I feel like the groundskeepers in Major League II.  They're shitty again.  I was listening on my iPhone last night.  Turned it off to go to the concierge lounge and get shit faced.

When the fuck does football start.
I watched until the first Card run, then flipped it over to find something else.  Flipped it back - 4 to 1.  Surfed channels, flipped back - 6 to 3.  Thought "Fgures.  Assholes are gonna choke."  Went to bathe the kids.  Came back, and apparently the wheels had come off the already limping Redbird pitching bus.  I just sat there with my jaw on the floor while the pitcher (not sure which one, there were so many!!) just walked in a run with BL... that kid Sanchez was a home run away from hitting the cycle!  The last Card pitcher of the night was the only pitcher in the last two games to get off the mound without the Astros scoring a run on him.  

We could have scored again on that one hopper up the middle in the 7th, but our announcers said we had invoked the mercy rule... have never heard that applied in MLB.  And even funnier - it was applied to the Astros as the invok-er... not the invok-EE!!

They are on a 7 game winning streak - longest currently in MLB.

But I am not getting back on the bandwagon yet.  To quote the Who... I won't get fooled again...

Although... there was that 20-something game run they pulled off the year we went to the Series... hmm....
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:01:22 AM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #323 on: August 04, 2010, 11:03:38 AM »
If we keep playing like that, we'll need a mercy rule on the season.

I blame you, and your desire of a Pujols jersey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #324 on: August 04, 2010, 11:07:10 AM »
If we keep playing like that, we'll need a mercy rule on the season.

I blame you, and your desire of a for Pujols out of his jersey.

FTFY.

But don't be blaming me.  I didn't sign those dudes in the bullpen... damn, dude.  They SUCK.  When they make OUR bullpen look good, you are in deep caca.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #325 on: August 04, 2010, 11:13:38 AM »
The last Card pitcher of the night was the only pitcher in the last two games to get off the mound without the Astros scoring a run on him. 

He's also our platoon-2B, Aaron Miles..  Wonderful, huh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2010, 11:40:48 AM »
I'm going to need Buzz and AUTiger1 to go away.

NOW. 

Do not bring your hate to Braves Country.

That hurts that you would deny me a team to root for.  Cuts deep man, cuts deep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

« Reply #327 on: August 05, 2010, 12:53:06 AM »
They are on a 7 game winning streak - longest currently in MLB.

Cards 8 - Suckasstros 4 Final

Fucking BKG... :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #328 on: August 05, 2010, 07:44:02 AM »
I wish I had the stones to tell the BKG that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #329 on: August 05, 2010, 10:38:40 AM »
I wish I had the stones to tell the BKG that.
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose, baby...

Seriously - we are 15 games back.  How can it possibly get any worse???  i am making the most of my immunity from the fickle whims of the BKG. 

Plus I am a Cards Pujols fan now, remember...?  Fuck the Suckasstros!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #330 on: August 05, 2010, 10:39:47 AM »
Interesting thing about Buck.  When he was let go from the Yanks and the Diamondbacks, they both won the series the following year.  He was also once voted Manager of the Year for getting the Rangers to third place in the AL West............too bad he won't have any success in Baltimore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

« Reply #331 on: August 05, 2010, 10:41:20 AM »
Interesting thing about Buck.  When he was let go from the Yanks and the Diamondbacks, they both won the series the following year.  He was also once voted Manager of the Year for getting the Rangers to third place in the AL West............too bad he won't have any success in Baltimore.

I know... Nick Saban to Baltimore...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #332 on: August 05, 2010, 10:41:52 AM »
Seriously - we are 15 games back.  How can it possibly get any worse???  i am making the most of my immunity from the fickle whims of the BKG. 

Try 33 games back.  Just sayin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #333 on: August 05, 2010, 10:43:57 AM »
I know... Nick Saban to Baltimore...

At least little $abear has won the crown in his sport...........I hate Angelos, he will never get Buck the players.  We might get out of the cellar for a season or two, but that is the extent of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #334 on: August 05, 2010, 10:59:54 AM »
Plus I am a Cards Pujols fan now, remember...?  phuk the Suckasstros!!

Funny you say that, the Cards beat writer had a chat yesterday, and placed the odds of the Cards being able to resign him at 50/50.  If they don't resign him, watch attendance drop by 40%, easy.  If they weren't prepared to offer at least 30 mil/yr, I don't think they would have signed Holliday.  I say they give him 10yrs/300mil and be done with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #335 on: August 05, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »
That hurts that you would deny me a team to root for.  Cuts deep man, cuts deep.

I hope I can make amends by offering you the New York Yankees to cheer for.    Root away, friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #336 on: August 05, 2010, 11:32:18 PM »
In Boston for work.  Got to see the BoSox get anally reamed by the Injuns last night.

There is nothing in the world like Fenway Park.  From the pre-game outside the stadium to the  atmosphere inside during the game, it is like nothing I have ever experienced before.  This includes the delicious Fenway Frank with peppers and onions that I used to soak up the 40 beers I drank that night.  I highly recommend it if you're ever up here and haven't been.  And if your tickets suck...there are no ushers, so you can move around to vacant seats until you finally find a pair where you can sit back and admire the green monster for what it really is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #337 on: August 06, 2010, 09:49:27 AM »
I hope I can make amends by offering you the New York Yankees to cheer for.    Root away, friend.

Oh, Thanks a lot!  You are too kind!  In that case.......Fuck you baseball karma gods, as I do the tomahawk chop and hum the war chant from my desk.  You will never stop Bobby and the Bravos!  Do you hear me, never!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #338 on: August 06, 2010, 09:52:33 AM »
In Boston for work.  Got to see the BoSox get anally reamed by the Injuns last night.

There is nothing in the world like Fenway Park.  From the pre-game outside the stadium to the  atmosphere inside during the game, it is like nothing I have ever experienced before.  This includes the delicious Fenway Frank with peppers and onions that I used to soak up the 40 beers I drank that night.  I highly recommend it if you're ever up here and haven't been.  And if your tickets suck...there are no ushers, so you can move around to vacant seats until you finally find a pair where you can sit back and admire the green monster for what it really is.

I hate you. Always wanted to go to Fenway and never have. You owe me a beer next time at the Ted.

BTW - is that Kenny Stabler in front of you with the bald mullet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #339 on: August 06, 2010, 04:50:03 PM »
Fenway is on the list.  Was in NY last week but the Yankees were just leaving.  The only Mets tix available were $136.00 each because they were playing the Cards.  I ain't droppin a Hondo to watch the Mets play.

Going Cheecargo end of the month so I gotta check and see who' is in town.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."