Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Da Braves

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
Da Braves
« on: April 07, 2010, 02:55:29 PM »
Who thinks they have a shot this year to bring it home for the best manager in MLB's last season?

I was at the season opener and despite Derek Lowe sucking and my vision being blurred from too many beers, the bats looked good.  Everyone was chanting "Let's go Heyward" before the young phenom hit it 440 ft to right center field during his first MLB at bat.  That moment ranks in my top 5 most exciting moments ever during a Braves game...the crowd went wild...just can't imagine how it must feel at 20 years of age and doing that.  Plus all the hype leading up to that at bat...it was simply awesome.

All around, I think that they may have an honest improvement offensively speaking.  Pitching is what I worry about...you can count on Hanson and Jurrjens to bring the pain, but Hudson, Lowe, and that Japanese guy don't give me a very warm and fuzzy feeling.

At any rate, the glass is half full at this point.  16-5 is a damn fine score for a season opener.  We'll check 'em out again at 7:10 Eastern tonight and see if the ball will continue to roll.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Da Braves
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 03:03:31 PM »
They're still shitty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 03:11:25 PM »
Fuck da braves in da mouf...

Anyone in the east that is not named the phillies will be playing for a wild card birth...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 03:45:33 PM »
Anyone in the east that is not named the phillies will be playing for a wild card birth...

Correct.  That being said Lowe, Hudson, Jurrjens , and Hanson could keep them in the race.  Does not measure up to Philly's staff, but solid.     

I grew up in ATL and have never seen a Braves crowd like that when Heyward went yard.  It was nice to see someone pump life into this program.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »
If healthy....good shot.  However, too many of the guys that they will be relying heavily on are up there in age (Professional sports wise) and a lot more injury prone.  Chipper, Hudson, Wagner etc.  All these guys have been missing significant playing time in recent years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Aubie16

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 04:25:51 PM »
I'll be there tonight and tomorrow night. Actually leaving in a about 45 minutes to head down to the Ted. Looking forward to it.

Go Braves!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 04:44:51 PM »
They're still shitty.
Fuck da braves in da mouf...

Apparently, there's still some Cubbies fans that have pussies that are still aching from the ass whuppin that was administered to their team on Monday night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 04:53:08 PM »
Apparently, there's still some Cubbies fans that have pussies that are still aching from the ass whuppin that was administered to their team on Monday night.

That grinding noise you hear is the sand in the collective Cubby vaginas.

I don't like the Dempster matchup though.  Stats may show different but it seems every time I watch, he eats the Bravos lunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 04:56:19 PM »

That has nothing to do with it. We are used to getting our asses kicked. We just want everyone else to suffer too. We hate success.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 05:10:59 PM »

Well...Andre Dawson  Sammy Sosa  Ron Santo  Billy Williams  whoever the hell is playing this year is gonna kick Jobu's ass tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 10:18:01 PM »
Got the kids in bed just in time to see Larry hit the 2 run homer in the 8th.
Nice win. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 11:03:32 PM »
Indeed, I halfway passed out and awoke right at the 8th inning.  How about Wagner closing out?  Jesus Christ that was impressive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 11:55:44 PM »
Go Braves! Nice close win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Aubie16

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 08:17:38 AM »
Indeed, I halfway passed out and awoke right at the 8th inning.  How about Wagner closing out?  Jesus Christ that was impressive.

His intro is bad ass. It is Kurt Russell from Tombstone from the "You tell 'em I'm coming! And hell's coming with me!" Then Enter Sandman starts playing and he comes walking out of the bullpen. I may have been slightly intoxicated but I went apeshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 09:52:10 AM »
His intro is bad ass. It is Kurt Russell from Tombstone from the "You tell 'em I'm coming! And hell's coming with me!" Then Enter Sandman starts playing and he comes walking out of the bullpen. I may have been slightly intoxicated but I went apeshit.

Haha, Were you screaming like a girl?  You should have been.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Aubie16

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 11:02:04 AM »
Haha, Were you screaming like a girl?  You should have been.

Yes, yes I was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 12:43:41 AM »
Yes, yes I was.
That, sir, is awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 12:43:48 AM »
Fuck Billy Wagner and his toxic locker room attitude.  Just you wait.  Scream for him now, scream at him later when the bullshit piles up... it is only a matter of time. 

And fuck the fucking Phillies.  Take your nasty ass fuzzy green fanatic thing and feel Philadephia Free(dom) to shove him up your collective asses.

I need another drink...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 01:20:41 PM »
Only 1.5 back with a week long home stand ahead including three with the Phillies.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 05:34:04 PM »
Only 1.5 back with a week long home stand ahead including three with the Phillies.   

Escobar is finally starting to hit and Prado/Heyward at 1/2 are producing like a mofo.  Not sure how much longer Glaus is going to stay healthy, but Hinske has done a decent job so far this season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions