Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Da Braves

Re: Da Braves
« Reply #260 on: September 29, 2011, 10:35:23 AM »
Saw a stat last night.  During the month of September, the Braves were hitting .232, while the Cards were around .280.

That's the different right there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #261 on: September 29, 2011, 10:53:36 AM »
Saw a stat last night.  During the month of September, the Braves were hitting .232, while the Cards were around .280.

That's the different right there.

A team BA of .280 is frickin' stout.  Congrats man.  Ass rape the Phillies and take it all.

A couple of the "Unwritten rules" issues came up yesterday.  First, even though they did jump out to a 7 run lead, I don't think the Yankme's tried real hard to do Boston any favors.  Was I wrong in hearing they threw 11 pitchers against Tampa?  The Phillies did the right thing in bringing the heat against the Braves.  They could have easily rested the starters for the playoffs but that would be a slap in the face to the Cards.

Second, Jose Reyes gets a bunt single and takes himself out?  All about stats there Jose?  Braun took the high road in his comments but you know what he really felt. John Kruk said it for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2011, 11:00:32 AM »
I think with Philly, they had a direct impact on who they played.  If the Cards get in, they play the Cards.  If the Braves get in, they play Arizona.  Maybe they felt the match up with the Cards is more favorable than the one with the DBacks, so they thought it was a must win.

With the Yankees, who ever gets the wild card, they play Detroit.  I don't have a problem with them not throwing Rivera in the 9th. 

And I totally agree about Reyes.

Last night was about an exciting night in baseball as I can remember.  Flipping between channels once the pitch hit the mitt, so I could see the pitch in the other game.  Drove my wife nuts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #263 on: September 29, 2011, 11:05:09 AM »
I think with Philly, they had a direct impact on who they played.  If the Cards get in, they play the Cards.  If the Braves get in, they play Arizona.  Maybe they felt the match up with the Cards is more favorable than the one with the DBacks, so they thought it was a must win.

With the Yankees, who ever gets the wild card, they play Detroit.  I don't have a problem with them not throwing Rivera in the 9th. 

And I totally agree about Reyes.

Last night was about an exciting night in baseball as I can remember.  Flipping between channels once the pitch hit the mitt, so I could see the pitch in the other game.  Drove my wife nuts.

She should have been playing with your nuttz while you flipped channels.  Didn't I hear where the Cards were one of only 2 teams that had a winning record against the Phillies this year?  I'd like my chances going in while you guys have momentum and hitting .280 down the stretch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #264 on: September 29, 2011, 11:23:36 AM »
She should have been playing with your nuttz while you flipped channels.  Didn't I hear where the Cards were one of only 2 teams that had a winning record against the Phillies this year?  I'd like my chances going in while you guys have momentum and hitting .280 down the stretch.

Yes that is correct.  The other is the Nationals, which will be watching the playoffs with the Braves at a Buffalo Wild Wings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #265 on: September 29, 2011, 11:26:13 AM »
Yes that is correct.  The other is the Nationals, which will be watching the playoffs with the Braves at a Buffalo Wild Wings.

Cool.  Can they have that guy push all those buttons to mess with the Phillies?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2011, 12:12:31 PM »
Cool.  Can they have that guy push all those buttons to mess with the Phillies?

While you're at it, please tell him to stop pushing those buttons when Auburn is on Defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #267 on: September 29, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »
While you're at it, please tell him to stop pushing those buttons when Auburn is on Defense.

So THAT'S the problem?  I knew Roof couldn't be that bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2011, 02:45:08 AM »
So THAT'S the problem?  I knew Roof couldn't be that bad.
The Roof, The Roof.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #269 on: September 30, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »
Speaking of the Braves and this thread's author, has anyone checked on Thrilla? Is he ok?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #270 on: September 30, 2011, 09:20:10 AM »
Speaking of the Braves and this thread's author, has anyone checked on Thrilla? Is he ok?

Last I heard, he was stalking Bobby Cox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #271 on: September 30, 2011, 09:47:59 AM »
Saw an article where Gonzales announced the entire staff will return for 12'.  Really?  You wouldn't at least consider kicking Larry Parrish to the curb and get a real hitting coach in there?  You had one regular...ONE...that wound up hitting over .280.  And a host of starters at .240 and below.  Your two primary pinch hitters, Hinske and Conrad, hit .233 and .227 respectively I believe.  And you see know reason to make a change?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2011, 10:10:17 AM »
Saw an article where Gonzales announced the entire staff will return for 12'.  Really?  You wouldn't at least consider kicking Larry Parrish to the curb and get a real hitting coach in there?  You had one regular...ONE...that wound up hitting over .280.  And a host of starters at .240 and below.  Your two primary pinch hitters, Hinske and Conrad, hit .233 and .227 respectively I believe.  And you see know reason to make a change?

I no...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2011, 10:14:34 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2011, 10:51:11 AM »
I see what you did their.

Your getting good at this
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2011, 11:49:13 AM »
Your getting good at this
I tried to make a conceited effort to rape you over the coals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #276 on: September 30, 2011, 12:13:04 PM »
Stop posting all this rumor and innyourwindow.  Bunch of damn pre-madonnas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #277 on: September 30, 2011, 01:20:02 PM »
Stop posting all this rumor and innyourwindow.  Bunch of damn pre-madonnas.

Hear here
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #278 on: September 30, 2011, 01:45:21 PM »
Hear here

Ok, I'm done...tapping out. You guys got me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE