Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Duke Wins

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Duke Wins
« on: April 06, 2010, 09:32:12 AM »
As some know, I'm a huge Duke basketball fan.  Bandwagon jumper since 1978.  Look, I graduated from Auburn.  When it comes to basketball, I have nothing so I had to jump on someone's bandwagon.  If I had entered the March Madness contest, you would have seen my bracket pick Duke to win it all. (I pick them every year) You also would have seen me pick Butler to get throttled by UTEP in the first round.  :blink:

Anywho, great game last night and I don't think I've ever seen a team get after it defensively like Butler.  They play every possession like there's 90 seconds to go and they're down 7.  The refs helped Butler by swallowing their whistles for the first 3/4 of the game.  That's not an excuse or a slight in any way on Butler.  I simply mean that allowed Butler to play the style of defense they thrive on.  It was very physical with no ticky-tacky fouls.  And Butler took advantage of that to get after Duke big time on the perimeter.  Overall, the game wasn't pretty but every single possession for both teams was a nail biter.

One negative to me was the coverage by CBS.  A serious lack of replays on a lot of plays and what was up with the roving, aerial camera?  I got dizzy trying to follow what was going on and they would switch to it at crucial times in the game.  Anyway...great game!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Duke Wins
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 10:05:51 AM »
I cannot believe how close Hayward came to making that half court shot at the end
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 10:39:39 AM »
Fuck Duke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 10:42:27 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 10:45:50 AM »
Haters.  Jealousy does not become you. 

Did anyone see the pick set by their center, Matt Howard, on that last shot?  I think it was Sheyer running full speed and he got erased.  Everyone was celebrating and he was trying to get the license plate of that truck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 11:01:13 AM »
Ditto.

You got no right to say that. :bowl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 11:20:54 AM »

That was soooooooo 2009.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 11:30:47 AM »
Oh Snap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 11:37:53 AM »
As some know, I'm a huge Duke basketball fan.  Bandwagon jumper since 1978.  Look, I graduated from Auburn.  When it comes to basketball, I have nothing so I had to jump on someone's bandwagon.  If I had entered the March Madness contest, you would have seen my bracket pick Duke to win it all. (I pick them every year) You also would have seen me pick Butler to get throttled by UTEP in the first round.  :blink:

Anywho, great game last night and I don't think I've ever seen a team get after it defensively like Butler.  They play every possession like there's 90 seconds to go and they're down 7.  The refs helped Butler by swallowing their whistles for the first 3/4 of the game.  That's not an excuse or a slight in any way on Butler.  I simply mean that allowed Butler to play the style of defense they thrive on.  It was very physical with no ticky-tacky fouls.  And Butler took advantage of that to get after Duke big time on the perimeter.  Overall, the game wasn't pretty but every single possession for both teams was a nail biter.

One negative to me was the coverage by CBS.  A serious lack of replays on a lot of plays and what was up with the roving, aerial camera?  I got dizzy trying to follow what was going on and they would switch to it at crucial times in the game.  Anyway...great game!!!!

Same thing here on the "needing a team to root for since my alma mater has always sucked balls"....except my team was always UNC....so guess what? FUCK DOOK!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 11:40:21 AM »
Same thing here on the "needing a team to root for since my alma mater has always sucked balls"....except my team was always UNC....so guess what? FUCK DOOK!

I like the way you think sir.  I'll be keeping my eye on you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 11:47:17 AM »

It moved.....didn't it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 11:55:22 AM »
Thanks Mr. Helper
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 11:57:22 AM »
Thanks Mr. Helper

Didn't know you wanted to get involved in the conversation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 12:23:36 PM »
Was anyone assigned to Tarheel for a suicide watch?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 12:42:06 PM »
Was anyone assigned to Tarheel for a suicide watch?

Someone need a reason to live? I can oblige.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 12:43:37 PM »

you throwing free BJ's out?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 12:45:51 PM »

My first thought was her flashing teh boobies...but hey, I will go with your suggestion instead...

You don't say much Sani, but when you do its to the point and I salute you for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 12:46:53 PM »

Nothing is free, Sani. You know that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »
Nothing is free, Sani. You know that.

You needent worry.  You'll get something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 12:48:38 PM »
I really need one after the way the first two days of this week have gone.  I swear my 8 year old baseball team comprehends instructions better than the folks around here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.