Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Breaking Bad

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Breaking Bad
« on: March 17, 2010, 12:59:52 PM »
I searched, but apparently we've never discussed this bit of awesome.

Season 3 starts Sunday.

To recap:  high school chemistry teacher is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.  His wife is pregnant and they have a teenaged son with a disability (I can't recall which one...he's functional but has some sort of motor skills issues).  He has no money to bequeath to them and panics about their futures.  So....he starts making meth with the help of a former student.  Oh...his brother-in-law is a DEA agent.  Hijinx ensue.

Watch this show.  AMC Sunday night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 03:23:20 PM »
I watched about 6 episodes and it was entertaining and the characters were interesting and easy to follow. Had to leave town though so I lost track of the storyline. One of the better shows on though I think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 05:30:11 PM »
By far the best show on TV right now. 

Of course, my status as a teacher unhappy with his job helps the enjoyment. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 07:57:25 PM »
I always wondered why the show didn't lead to some public outrage due to the content which made it even more fun to watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »
I always wondered why the show didn't lead to some public outrage due to the content which made it even more fun to watch.

Because right when people decide they need to find their soap box, they think, "Wow, I have to see what's going to happen next.  I can bitch about this later."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 10:14:03 AM »
So....

The killer twins are the Tuco vengeance squad, yes?

What do we think Gus will do now that Walt is trying to back out of the biz?

Does Walt finally fill Skyler in?

Should be a great season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 07:00:03 PM »
So....

Should be a great season.

I don't know if they're Tuco's guys.  I'd say they're part of the Mexican drug cartel that's pissed off about Walt's success.  They alluded to this in the 2nd season with the Mexican band's song and then the guy who had his head stuffed with explosives and placed on top of a turtle. 

I think the 3 million dollar offer keeps Walt in.  It's a bit of a easy fix for the writers, but because I love the show, I'll get sucked right in. 

I think he does, and I think she ends up killed.  This show is all about making you say and feel "WHAT THE FUCK," and kill off a family member is bound to happen. 

With that said, I can't wait for tonight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 12:25:59 AM »
Tonight did not disappoint. 

What a great show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »
So....

Yes, they are.  Don Salamanco is pissed off.

Apparently he will protect Walt until such time as he is finished with the deal.  Interesting bedfellows being made here.

Hmmm...will she accept the money?  Walt made a strong argument...if you can overlook the "things" he did to get the money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 09:05:23 PM »
Yes, they are.  Don Salamanco is pissed off.

Apparently he will protect Walt until such time as he is finished with the deal.  Interesting bedfellows being made here.

Hmmm...will she accept the money?  Walt made a strong argument...if you can overlook the "things" he did to get the money.

I think Skyler needs to jump off a bridge.  (spoiler) Fucking her boss and rubbing it in Walt's face?  I predict an ending involving Walt Jr, Holly, and Walt living in a nice mansion in Malibu with Skyler working as a prostitute for the Mexican drug cartel. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 01:02:45 PM »
Last night was so fucking good.

Gus is a smart man.  Reeling Walt back in by using Jesse?  Brilliant.  Building the lab for Walt?  Brilliant.

Jesse is about to get fucked.  Does he: a) snitch and fulfill his old/new again role as the bad guy? or b) realize that he's not really that guy and keep his lip zipped? or c) Sell his soul to be an informant?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 04:53:08 PM »

Wow.

If you're not watching this show, you're missing the most badass 60 minutes of cable television available right now.

Firing Gale is going to bite Walt in the ass.  I think Gus was expecting Gale to cop Walt's recipe. He's the star pupil, eager to learn...and he was damned sure taking copious notes. Gus was trying to forestall the cousins until the recipe was safe in Gale's hands.

The phone call to Hank? Gus is the easy call...I think it more likely that Hank's boss is Gus's silent partner. A HUGE meth operation in the area and the Feds can't sniff him out? Please.

Hank is definitely still alive. All the shots to him were noticeably non-fatal and this was a very public area. Plenty of cops/emts will be on scene asap.

Jesse is plotting something. I think we take the bait if we assume that he just wanted his substitute father-figure's (Walt's) approval ("Your meth is as good as mine"). Too easy. He's pissed at the world after losing his "true love" and he will have his by-god revenge.

The wildcard in that episode was the squishy cousin. He's definitely injured badly, but even a man in a wheelchair can bring down the heat (shout out to Don Salamanco). You don't give us the back story with the near-drowning to kill those two off so quickly.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:53:39 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:15:39 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 08:30:32 AM »
So the second cousin is killed by the shady cat employed by both Saul and Gus.

Gus gets the competition south of the border capped.  Major power play and Gus has to have to major support to make a move like that...which leads me to...

Walt, Jr.'s book about Pablo Escobar.  "The good guys never get as much ink as the bad guys."  Are we being led to the realization that Gus is, in fact, in bed with the Feds?  I think so.

Marie's breakdown on the DEA and Walt was tense stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 08:42:57 AM »
I gotta watch the first season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 09:36:34 AM »
I gotta watch the first season.

And the second.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 09:38:48 AM »
And the second.

Well yes that as well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 11:29:23 AM »
I am not sure Jesse is plating revenge anymore Wes. He just looked happy to be there the other night. I think when you get offered $1.5M to do very little, your "revenge" goes out the window. I do think he is an accident waiting to happen though. And the plot will big time thicken when Hank get's out of the hospital. The tension surrounding Hank and Jesse, with Jesse being a loose cannon and Hank watching his every move, will be interesting.

Thanks for letting me know about the show. I caught up online with the first 2 seasons and have been watching Season 3. This is some good shit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 01:13:41 PM »
I am not sure Jesse is plating revenge anymore Wes. He just looked happy to be there the other night. I think when you get offered $1.5M to do very little, your "revenge" goes out the window. I do think he is an accident waiting to happen though. And the plot will big time thicken when Hank get's out of the hospital. The tension surrounding Hank and Jesse, with Jesse being a loose cannon and Hank watching his every move, will be interesting.

You might be right about the revenge angle. The Walt/Hank/Jesse dynamic is going to be very interesting indeed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 08:18:51 PM »
So the second cousin is killed by the shady cat employed by both Saul and Gus.

Gus gets the competition south of the border capped.  Major power play and Gus has to have to major support to make a move like that...which leads me to...

Walt, Jr.'s book about Pablo Escobar.  "The good guys never get as much ink as the bad guys."  Are we being led to the realization that Gus is, in fact, in bed with the Feds?  I think so.

Marie's breakdown on the DEA and Walt was tense stuff.

Either Gus is in bed with the Feds, or he's getting in over his head.  I'm leaning towards the latter.  Not sure why.  Just am. 

I am very curious, however, to see where the show goes from here.  The Mexican cartel was becoming an integral aspect of the plot.  They're pretty much gone for now.  At least until someone comes looking for more revenge. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions