Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Breaking Bad

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 12:04:15 AM »
Walt is losing his shit.  Not good for anyone involved.  I really thought he was going to spill the story about Jane to Jesse whilst fucked up on sleeping pills.

I am not sure Jesse is plating revenge anymore Wes. He just looked happy to be there the other night.

I have to disagree.  He's saving her old cig butts in his ashtray and longingly viewing them occasionally?  Dude hasn't put anything aside and I still think he's biding his time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 10:41:13 AM »
Hoooooo man....shit is getting intense.

I figured Skyler would pull a Carmella and get in the game.  I wonder if Ted is going to lose favor as she sinks into her life of crime or if she'll help him out of his financial troubles.  She once balked at signing his bogus financials...but I think her ethics are slipping a bit.

Walt is pulling his shit back together a bit and I think it reeeeeeeally helps him (though he pretends to want to keep her out of it) that Skyler is in bed, figuratively, with him.  The dinner with Gus was a shot over the bow, though.  Walt needs to rein Jesse in on the light thieving.  Which brings us to...

Mr. Pinkman.  He was really getting his shit together and then Jane died.  Then he decided to say "fuck the world" and be the bad guy.  He planted his junkie buddies in an AA meeting to push his meth.  Ballsy.  Buuuuuuuut, turns out Jesse still has a conscience and he couldn't let his new piece of ass ruin her son's life for his own financial gain.  Interesting stuff with Jesse copping a look at the Mexican gangstas that shot his buddy.

Hank...what to do with Hank?  He's an emotional disaster, he's balking at his PT....he's going to be very, very angry at the Mexican mob...and if he were to find out that Walt was dealing with them...or, worse, that Hank was to be a sacrifice in Walt's stead....wow.  This guy is going to blow sky high.

Great, great show.  Can't stress that enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 10:41:55 AM »
Hoooooo man....shit is getting intense.

I figured Skyler would pull a Carmella and get in the game.  I wonder if Ted is going to lose favor as she sinks into her life of crime or if she'll help him out of his financial troubles.  She once balked at signing his bogus financials...but I think her ethics are slipping a bit.

Walt is pulling his shit back together a bit and I think it reeeeeeeally helps him (though he pretends to want to keep her out of it) that Skyler is in bed, figuratively, with him.  The dinner with Gus was a shot over the bow, though.  Walt needs to rein Jesse in on the light thieving.  Which brings us to...

Mr. Pinkman.  He was really getting his shit together and then Jane died.  Then he decided to say "fuck the world" and be the bad guy.  He planted his junkie buddies in an AA meeting to push his meth.  Ballsy.  Buuuuuuuut, turns out Jesse still has a conscience and he couldn't let his new piece of ass ruin her son's life for his own financial gain.  Interesting stuff with Jesse copping a look at the Mexican gangstas that shot his buddy.

Hank...what to do with Hank?  He's an emotional disaster, he's balking at his PT....he's going to be very, very angry at the Mexican mob...and if he were to find out that Walt was dealing with them...or, worse, that Hank was to be a sacrifice in Walt's stead....wow.  This guy is going to blow sky high.

Great, great show.  Can't stress that enough.

This show gets better each week.  Even the "Fly" episode was amazing although I think a lot of people missed the point. 

I think we're about to see Jesse really go off the deep end.  I think he's going to kill the kid.  Jesse has been the junkie/dealer, but he's not really a killer. 

Something I expect to see in the future is Gus being taken out.  Obviously Walt sees Jesse as a son, and I don't think he'll allow Gus to kill or remove Jesse from the plans. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 11:02:42 AM »
How can you take Gus out? Gus is the whole operation.

What did Gus mean when he told Walt at dinner, "Never make the same mistake twice?"

On the show previews after the episodes, it says, "There are only 2 episodes of Breaking Bad left,..." Is this in the life of the show? Or just the season?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 12:25:04 PM »
How can you take Gus out? Gus is the whole operation.

What did Gus mean when he told Walt at dinner, "Never make the same mistake twice?"

On the show previews after the episodes, it says, "There are only 2 episodes of Breaking Bad left,..." Is this in the life of the show? Or just the season?

Season.

And Gus isn't the whole operation in terms of the show.  He might be the current drug kingpin and the main guy helping Walt being a manufacturer, but we've had "Gus"es before.  Tuco being a smaller version. 

I like Gus, but if you keep him around and don't kill off Jesse or Skyler or someone else important, the show will get stale.  This show is built on the "holy shit!" surprise factor, and you need big changes in the pace to keep it going.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 12:43:47 PM »
Season.

And Gus isn't the whole operation in terms of the show.  He might be the current drug kingpin and the main guy helping Walt being a manufacturer, but we've had "Gus"es before.  Tuco being a smaller version. 

I like Gus, but if you keep him around and don't kill off Jesse or Skyler or someone else important, the show will get stale.  This show is built on the "holy shit!" surprise factor, and you need big changes in the pace to keep it going.

Could you see them offing Gus, and then Walt take over the operations with Skylar being the main man within operations. She seems to be pretty adamant about being a part of the decision making and wants to become fully involved. Maybe she is sharp enough to pull it off...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 12:55:52 PM »
Could you see them offing Gus, and then Walt take over the operations with Skylar being the main man within operations. She seems to be pretty adamant about being a part of the decision making and wants to become fully involved. Maybe she is sharp enough to pull it off...

I still think Gus has a silent, and very powerful, partner.  Harken back to the phone call Hank got just before the Mexicans came to kill him.  Only Gus and the twins knew about that hit.  Why would Gus tip Hank?  Gus has a major meth operation and deals with the Mexican mob on the regular....and no one can sniff him out?

I think Gus has Hank's boss (or some other high-level DEA agent) as a partner.  This partner did not want Hank to be hurt, so he tipped him to the hit.

Gus gets taken out and Walt is promoted...creating an awesome tension dynamic between Walt/Hank/Skyler/Marie.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 12:54:46 AM »
Holy shit, Walt!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 09:07:53 AM »
For those that like the show:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2010, 10:03:07 AM »
Holy shit, Walt!

Yeah, that was a game changer.

I'll need a little time to digest  this episode.

EDIT:
Walt is done taking "half-measures" apparently...just not the way Gus and the private dick meant for him to do so.

Marie gives a fun looking handjob...funny way to get Hank to admit that he's not a lost cause.

Skyler makes sense in her belief that the car wash laundry scheme works better than Walt's "plausible deniability" approach.  I think she's actually looking forward to being in the business.  She wants some danger, I think.

So...what to do with Walt/Jesse/Gus?  Walt clearly made a statement.  How will Gus react?  War?  Will Gus's partner finally surface to put an end to the petty shit and get everybody back down to business?  Will Gus be removed and Walt installed in his place?

I think that last option is the least likely since Gus owns the cover businesses (chicken plant, laundry, etc).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:34:59 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 12:41:13 PM »
Yeah, that was a game changer.

I'll need a little time to digest  this episode.

EDIT:
Walt is done taking "half-measures" apparently...just not the way Gus and the private dick meant for him to do so.

Marie gives a fun looking handjob...funny way to get Hank to admit that he's not a lost cause.

Skyler makes sense in her belief that the car wash laundry scheme works better than Walt's "plausible deniability" approach.  I think she's actually looking forward to being in the business.  She wants some danger, I think.

So...what to do with Walt/Jesse/Gus?  Walt clearly made a statement.  How will Gus react?  War?  Will Gus's partner finally surface to put an end to the petty shit and get everybody back down to business?  Will Gus be removed and Walt installed in his place?

I think that last option is the least likely since Gus owns the cover businesses (chicken plant, laundry, etc).

Some ideas for next season:

- Hank gets some mobility back, but he's unable to rejoin the DEA. 
- Gus has invested too much into Walt.  Gus could go back to being the dealer he once was, but Walt's product and his decision to take out the cartel has made him the #1 cartel in the region.  He's stuck with Walt and must consult Walt more often if he is to remain the top dealer.
- A government official (politician/DEA/FBI) is partners with Gus.  I say it's someone connected to Hank, and that's how Hank will get involved again. Hank has a pride issue, and he'll realize that he doesn't care about enforcing the law but rather being part of the action.  This sets up for Hank to unknowingly protect Heizenberg and/or whoever Gus's partner is. 
- Walt Jr. has to get more involved.  Maybe he starts getting jealous of Pinkman. 

Of course, none of this will probably happen.  That's why I love this show.  I have no idea what's going to happen next.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 12:45:25 PM »
Some ideas for next season:

- Hank gets some mobility back, but he's unable to rejoin the DEA. 
- Gus has invested too much into Walt.  Gus could go back to being the dealer he once was, but Walt's product and his decision to take out the cartel has made him the #1 cartel in the region.  He's stuck with Walt and must consult Walt more often if he is to remain the top dealer.
- A government official (politician/DEA/FBI) is partners with Gus.  I say it's someone connected to Hank, and that's how Hank will get involved again. Hank has a pride issue, and he'll realize that he doesn't care about enforcing the law but rather being part of the action.  This sets up for Hank to unknowingly protect Heizenberg and/or whoever Gus's partner is. 
- Walt Jr. has to get more involved.  Maybe he starts getting jealous of Pinkman. 

Of course, none of this will probably happen.  That's why I love this show.  I have no idea what's going to happen next.

All very good ideas.  I especially like the Hank-turned-bad-guy option.

Can't wait to see the season finale.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 01:05:48 AM »
Excellent season finale.  Good God, this show continues to produce!

Now, I will say this - the very very end was lame.  You know Jesse didn't shoot the guy.  Kind of a weak cliffhanger.

But the rest of the episode was intense, and I can't believe I have to wait a year to figure out what happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 10:34:34 AM »
You know Jesse didn't shoot the guy. 

I agree.  I think Victor beat him to Gale's house and the shot was Victor popping one off at Jesse.

Mike's a bad mofo...that scene at Chow's place was awesome.  The hands up/down bit to locate the Mexican was funny as shit.

Walt has some motherfucking stones talking to Gus the way he did and getting Jesse to sprint to Gale's.

As always, the show needs more Saul.  Bob Odenkirk is the unsung hero of this cast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 11:36:47 AM »
I agree.  I think Victor beat him to Gale's house and the shot was Victor popping one off at Jesse.

Mike's a bad mofo...that scene at Chow's place was awesome.  The hands up/down bit to locate the Mexican was funny as shit.

Walt has some motherfucking stones talking to Gus the way he did and getting Jesse to sprint to Gale's.

As always, the show needs more Saul.  Bob Odenkirk is the unsung hero of this cast.

I also thought that maybe Victor made it to Gale's place before Jesse got there and was approaching from behind Gale.  Jesse noticed him and popped him.  It would set up for Jesse to kidnap Gale, hold him hostage, and give Walt all negotiating power. 

I hear they aren't going to start filming season 4 until next January meaning it would be July when the season premiers.  Sucky wait.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 09:42:02 AM »
I also thought that maybe Victor made it to Gale's place before Jesse got there and was approaching from behind Gale.  Jesse noticed him and popped him.  It would set up for Jesse to kidnap Gale, hold him hostage, and give Walt all negotiating power. 

This is what I was thinking. I am not sure that Pinkman could have shot Gale. I think he shot Victor.

The holding Gale hostage would be a great twist. It would keep Walt in power which he is seemingly taking more and more control with every episode.

If Pinkman was shot, the show would pretty much be over. That would mean that Gale was still alive and in Gus' hands, which means Walt would be dead.

The scene with Walt talking to Mike at the lab was fucking awesome. The way that he turned from scardy-cat to you can't fucking touch me was great. Walt is every bit of a bad ass as Mike. He is a smart mother fucker, and I bet that Mike end's up respecting that and at some point, they join alliances...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 12:13:09 PM »
This is what I was thinking. I am not sure that Pinkman could have shot Gale. I think he shot Victor.

The holding Gale hostage would be a great twist. It would keep Walt in power which he is seemingly taking more and more control with every episode.

If Pinkman was shot, the show would pretty much be over. That would mean that Gale was still alive and in Gus' hands, which means Walt would be dead.

The scene with Walt talking to Mike at the lab was fucking awesome. The way that he turned from scardy-cat to you can't fucking touch me was great. Walt is every bit of a bad ass as Mike. He is a smart mother fucker, and I bet that Mike end's up respecting that and at some point, they join alliances...

I agree with this post in its entirety.  Especially that last sentence.  Gus is going to be deposed and Walt will attempt to fill the vacuum, but he needs help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 12:29:14 PM »
I agree with this post in its entirety.  Especially that last sentence.  Gus is going to be deposed and Walt will attempt to fill the vacuum, but he needs help.

Wes - you are single handedly going to force me to watch this show. It sounds great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 01:58:42 PM »
Wes - you are single handedly going to force me to watch this show. It sounds great.

I'm an unapologetic advocate of this series. 

I hate reality television and most network tv fare so I don't usually pimp tv shows.  This one, though, is phenomenal.

Watch, you won't regret it.  If you get caught up on seasons 1 & 2 fast enough, you can catch AMC re-running season 3 in its entirety in July.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 02:11:11 PM »
I'm an unapologetic advocate of this series. 

I hate reality television and most network tv fare so I don't usually pimp tv shows.  This one, though, is phenomenal.

Watch, you won't regret it.  If you get caught up on seasons 1 & 2 fast enough, you can catch AMC re-running season 3 in its entirety in July.

Or you can go and watch the webisodes on the AMC website. This is how I got caught up on season 1 and 2. They are definitely not as good as the show, however, it gives you a 5 to 6 minute recap of each of the shows per season. It is a nice quick way to catch up. I knew everything I needed for season 3 after watching those...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions