Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Another Lifelong Bammer Seeing The Light...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Another Lifelong Bammer Seeing The Light...
« on: March 09, 2010, 01:39:17 PM »
http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1061170

Cordova linebacker visits Auburn

Jeffrey Lee

Cordova (Ala.) linebacker Maleki Harris didn't think he could play for Auburn. He was just too big of an Alabama fan.

Then the 6-foot-3, 190-pound Harris visited Auburn. He and teammate Jake Howton made the trip down Friday.

Harris and Howton both plan to be back in Auburn.
It changed Harris' opinion about the Tigers.

"I liked it a lot," he said. "I didn't think I would like it, but I liked it a lot. I really look at Auburn differently after that.

"I could see myself going there. I never thought I could be an Auburn Tiger, but I could see myself being one now."

Harris, making his first trip to Auburn, toured the campus and facilities. He met with academic personnel, the strength and conditioning staff and coaches.

"I got the full tour," he said. "They really emphasized that everyone is given an equal opportunity. They emphasized family. They were all a big family and you could tell it. I liked that."

Harris met with defensive coordinator Ted Roof and head coach Gene Chizik.

"Meeting with Coach Chizik was a great opportunity," said Harris. "I was a little nervous, but I was really glad I got to talk to him. It wasn't just all about football. He's a good man and I'm really thankful he's even looking at me."

Harris claims offers from Vanderbilt, Southern Miss and South Alabama. Other schools including Auburn are showing strong interest.

"I hope Auburn offers," he said. "They said they were very interested in me and would keep in contact.

"I'll definitely keep my eyes on them and I will definitely go back."

Harris said a return trip in the spring and/or summer is likely.

As a junior, Harris was selected first-team All-State at linebacker. Howton was named first-team All-State at athlete.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:40:02 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Another Lifelong Bammer Seeing The Light...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 06:53:41 PM »
http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1061170

What ever happened to 240 lb linebackers? The kind that wore those badassed neck brace pad thingys with the Tiger Eyes logo.

I think it's cool that another bama fan is loving the Auburn experience, but we need some beef behind the line.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:55:21 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 01:29:53 AM »
What ever happened to 240 lb linebackers? The kind that wore those badassed neck brace pad thingys with the Tiger Eyes logo.

I think it's cool that another bama fan is loving the Auburn experience, but we need some beef behind the line.
Yox can put 50 pounds on him in 2 weeks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 09:30:39 AM »
Yox can put 50 pounds on him in 2 weeks.

That's probably the biggest thing I missed about this place.  Being able to use the term, "Yoxercise" in casual conversation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 09:47:19 AM »
That's probably the biggest thing I missed about this place.  Being able to use the term, "Yoxercise" in casual conversation.

Apparently you are just a failure in overall life if that is not a standard word in your everyday vocabulary.  Next thing you'll be telling me there is no reason to reference Dax and deep snappers in the world outside of this board.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 09:47:50 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 10:34:47 AM »
Apparently you are just a failure in overall life if that is not a standard word in your everyday vocabulary.  Next thing you'll be telling me there is no reason to reference Dax and deep snappers in the world outside of this board.

After breakfast this morning, I took a big Dax and man, do I feel better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 10:46:07 AM »
After breakfast this morning, I took a big Dax and man, do I feel better.

Wait a damn minute!  I should have been taking a Dax this whole time instead of a Jay Jacobs? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 11:07:53 AM »
Wait a damn minute!  I should have been taking a Dax this whole time instead of a Jay Jacobs?  
A Jay is what you get 45 minutes after you eat Taco Bell.  It happens impulsively, with little ability to plan or arrange for an ideal situation.

A Dax just shoots right out, with little effort but in a carefully controlled manner and right on target.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:08:52 AM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 11:13:44 AM »
A Jay is what you get 45 minutes after you eat Taco Bell.  It happens impulsively, with little ability to plan or arrange for an ideal situation.

A Dax just shoots right out, with little effort but in a carefully controlled manner and right on target.

So in summation, a Dax is like an extrusion press where as a Jay is more akin to a wild covey of quail taking flight?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 11:15:50 AM »
So in summation, a Dax is like an extrusion press where as a Jay is more akin to a wild covey of quail taking flight?

You may be thinking of a Saban.  A Dax is normally taken in a controlled environment.  Comfortable surroundings and reading material of your choice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 11:22:57 AM »
You may be thinking of a Saban.  A Dax is normally taken in a controlled environment.  Comfortable surroundings and reading material of your choice.

So a Saban and Dax have to do with the environment? A Jay is more about the pressure behind the act.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 11:29:36 AM »
So a Saban and Dax have to do with the environment? A Jay is more about the pressure behind the act.
A Saban requires a great deal of effort, lots of straining and cursing and scowling.  It is not safe for anyone to be within 20 yards during a Saban, especially if the preparation of the toilet paper does not go exactly according to the process.  Too many Sabans can give you hemorrhoids from the stress and strain.

A Dax is a peaceful moment to be enjoyed and appreciated.

A Jay is just a disaster waiting to happen.  Sometimes you make it to the target zone, sometimes you don't.  Even if success results, one should not take pride in a Jay, because it could just as easily have gone terribly wrong.  Success once does not equal success in the future. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 11:34:03 AM »
A Saban requires a great deal of effort, lots of straining and cursing and scowling.  It is not safe for anyone to be within 20 yards during a Saban, especially if the preparation of the toilet paper does not go exactly according to the process.  Too many Sabans can give you hemorrhoids from the stress and strain.

A Jay is just a disaster waiting to happen.  Sometimes you make it to the target zone, sometimes you don't.  Even if success results, one should not take pride in a Jay, because it could just as easily have gone terribly wrong.  Success once does not equal success in the future. 

^^^THIS^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 04:09:49 PM »

So what you are saying is a Saban is a poop that makes you bleed and irritable for the rest of the day, a Dax is a healthy poop that allows you to go on enjoying life and feeling lighter on your feet, and a Jay is just pretty much wet undies and 1/2 day of vacation wasted on the ceramic throne.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 05:49:11 PM »

Ahh, so that was a Dax and not a Jay?  Feel much better now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 11:08:07 PM »
However a Saban is a winner.  :bamahomer:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 11:16:18 PM »
However a Saban is a winner.  :bamahomer:

...and a Saban makes you bleed and irritable. I guess that makes Saban a wiener.  :wartim:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 07:47:36 AM »
He will make your ass quit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban