Jeff Driskel

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Jeff Driskel
« on: March 01, 2010, 02:33:25 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4955679

Top Gun
The biggest name coming into the day was Jeff Driskel (Oviedo, Fla./Hagerty), who showed why he has quickly emerged as one of the elite quarterback prospects in the 2011 class. The Under Armour All-American passes the eye-test with good size and the frame to add more good bulk in time. There are a lot of strengths to Driskel's game, but the thing that stood out the most was his consistency. From drill to drill he performed well, displaying the ability to follow direction, adapt and makes plays regardless of the task. He displayed his athleticism at a combine at the beginning of the year and continued to showcase his athletic skill here with good footwork. He moved his feet effortlessly and was able to keep his eyes downfield. He also did a good job of throwing on the run and knowing when to take something off the ball and throw with some touch. He has good arm strength and is able to make all the throws. Driskel, who sports offers from Florida, Auburn, LSU, and Tennessee, among others, looks the part of a pocket passer, but has the ability to create second chances and be a playmaker. Heading into Sunday's event Driskel's stock was pretty high and he did nothing to hurt that with his performance. In fact, he might have even raised it some more.

This kid looks like a stud. He needs to talk to Bo Jackson about playing football and baseball at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

Re: Jeff Driskel
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 02:41:18 PM »
This kid looks like a stud. He needs to talk to Bo Jackson about playing football and baseball at Auburn.

Or Gabe Gross.

Wait....what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 04:27:27 PM »
Hopefully he doesn't talk to Jared Mitchell or Chad Jones, who both have football and baseball national titles at LSU.  Driskel doesn't strike me as a corndog though...we'll see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 04:47:32 PM »
Or Gabe Gross.

Wait....what?

Gabe's still in the majors.  He made the right choice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 11:00:04 AM »
I hope they pimp the idea of him making this Wall Of Fame thing.

http://www.tigersx.com/syndicate-feed/au-baseball-former-greats-inducted-into-wall-of-fame/

AU BASEBALL: Former greats inducted into Wall of Fame
February 28th, 2010

Gregg Olson drove his family into a number of dead ends and fraternity houses when he was trying to show his family around campus.

Frank Thomas had to go to Toomer’s Corner “just to make sure it was still standing.”

Tim Hudson and Bo Jackson, meanwhile, had no trouble navigating themselves around Auburn, a place they’ve made frequent trips back to since their great college baseball careers came to a close.

The four inductees for the brand new Auburn Wall of Fame may have completely different relationships and visiting schedules with their alma mater, but all four shared a unanimous honor Saturday to be associated with each other as members of the inaugural class.

“Everybody is great within their own right,” Jackson said. “To be mentioned in the same sentence as Tim Hudson, Gregg Olson and Frank Thomas, you’ve had to do something right. It’s great to come back here and reminisce.”

The four Auburn greats were honored before Saturday’s game against Missouri under sunny skies behind home plate at Plainsman Park. Their former coach, Hal Baird, shared emcee duties with athletic director Jay Jacobs, providing plenty of superlatives about the four players’ banner careers.

Before each player’s turn at the dais, Auburn officials unveiled screen-printed images of the players on the Plainsman Park outfield wall, starting with Jackson in left field, Olson in left-center, Thomas in right-center and Hudson down the right-field line.

“It’s a tremendous honor,” Hudson said. “Just to be able to come back and be included in a group with Frank Thomas, Bo Jackson and Gregg Olson, it’s an honor. I’m thrilled to death that Auburn thought enough about me and my career to include me in such a group.”

Hudson, the only member of the group still playing, underwent Tommy John surgery midway through the 2008 season, but was still able to receive an extension on his contract with the Atlanta Braves. Hudson and his wife, Kim, are expecting to move into a house in Auburn within the next year.

“It’s a place that we’re happy,” Hudson said. “We love it here, and the people here are awesome. They’ve always made me and my family feel welcome, and it’s a place I’m going to put down my roots.”

Hudson only spent two years at Auburn, but his two-way presence was “like having two All-Americans,” Baird said.

A Phenix City native, Hudson spent one year at Chattahoochee Valley Community College before signing on with Auburn in 1996. His ’97 season is considered one of the best in school history, as he went 15-2 with a 2.97 ERA, while also hitting .396 in a 50-win season for the Tigers.

Jackson and Thomas put up similarly astounding numbers as sluggers with the Tigers.

Jackson’s breakout year came in 1985, when the two-sport athlete batted .401, hitting 17 home runs and driving in 43. His .864 slugging percentage from that season is still a program record, and his career mark of .715 is second all-time.

Thomas one-upped that mark, slugging .722 for his career. His 43 home runs rank third all-time and his .382 batting average is second-best in program history.

“Hal definitely pushed me,” Thomas said. “He would always compare and say, ‘Bo could go on top of that building out there in centerfield.’ I said, ‘Yea, you’re right.’

“He said, ‘Maybe if you work out a little harder maybe you can accomplish some of those things.’ I was like, ‘Coach, there’s only one Bo Jackson.’”

Olson’s inclusion in the ceremony may have seemed out of place to fans new to the game, but Baird called Olson one of the most important influences in Auburn baseball history. Olson chose Auburn in 1986, a rebuilding program at the time, over a bevy of baseball powerhouses after he was considered one of the best high school pitching prospects in the country.

“I never looked at it like I was the guy that made it turn the program,” Olson said. “When he said it, I was kind of looking at him like, ‘Hal, come on.’ So it wasn’t a point I really thought about.”

The ceremony was the brainchild of coach John Pawlowski, who helped create a similar way of honoring players at College of Charleston.

“It’s something I think is pretty special,” Pawlowski said. “These are four guys that have represented our program at Auburn in a first-class manner both on and off the field.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 12:49:56 PM »

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:51:43 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 01:39:08 PM »
I'm sure Godfather could do a far better job than I photoshopping a Jeff Driskel 2012-2015 panel that could be dropped on his facebook page.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 01:55:53 PM »
ok...I will go ahead and say it...

There is no fucking way we get this kid...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 02:04:41 PM »

Right now...at this present moment...we appear to be in his Top 2.

After Tiger Prowl II: Electric Boogaloo and Big Cat Weekend II: Big Cats Take Manhattan, there's a chance his interest increases.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 02:23:48 PM »
Right now...at this present moment...we appear to be in his Top 2.

After Tiger Prowl II: Electric Boogaloo and Big Cat Weekend II: Big Cats Take Manhattan, there's a chance his interest increases.

I lol'ed...

Who is the other? I just don't see this kid going to a "spread" offense. I see him being sold on getting ready for the NFL...

Alabama, Texas, USC...those types of offenses...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 02:33:54 PM »
I lol'ed...

Who is the other? I just don't see this kid going to a "spread" offense. I see him being sold on getting ready for the NFL...

Alabama, Texas, USC...those types of offenses...
Let me clarify that I haven't seen a direct quote where he sites specifically a top 2, but it seems like us and Florida are his favorites based on the fact that he mentions them both in every list I've seen and has visited both already. Maybe LSU is just as much in it as a Top 3.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 02:35:02 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 08:31:11 PM »
There are family connections with Auburn but I'm with WE!!! on this kid. He's a definite pro-style prospect that might honeymoon on the AU campus but I think he ends up elsewhere. Lost a kid to Kentucky that isn't as highly touted as Driskell for the same reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 05:55:56 PM »

Driskel committed to UF earlier today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 07:09:31 PM »
Driskel committed to UF earlier today.
Jeff's been leaning towards Florida for a couple weeks, heard that he was a silent commit last week and that he was going to announce his college of choice soon.  Today was sooner than I would've expected, but oh well.  I'm guessing he's still going to be taking his 5 official visits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 07:27:40 PM »
Jeff's been leaning towards Florida for a couple weeks, heard that he was a silent commit last week and that he was going to announce his college of choice soon.  Today was sooner than I would've expected, but oh well.  I'm guessing he's still going to be taking his 5 official visits.
It's ok, I'm sure you guys didn't want him anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 07:31:39 PM »
Your words carry no weight Mr. Irony.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 08:41:15 PM »

Good lord.  Yes, it must be that. :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 09:35:20 PM »
Tell me what I am missing. Why would you want to go to Florida? That offense is for the QB to run first and pass second. I would think he would have had a better chance at playing right now and throwing more at the barn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 11:28:33 PM »

Sure, and take a quote out of the bammers book? Sure thing dipshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 03:25:04 AM »
Tell me what I am missing. Why would you want to go to Florida? That offense is for the QB to run first and pass second. I would think he would have had a better chance at playing right now and throwing more at the barn
Does he live on a farm?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.