Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jeff Driskel

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
Re: Jeff Driskel
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 09:37:59 AM »
Does he live on a farm?

No. OK I guess I could say at your beloved university.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 09:39:51 AM »
Jeff's been leaning towards Florida for a couple weeks, heard that he was a silent commit last week and that he was going to announce his college of choice soon.  Today was sooner than I would've expected, but oh well.  I'm guessing he's still going to be taking his 5 official visits.

Where were the skreets last week on this one? Anyone can say these things after the fact. Just saying Prowler.....what the hell? Im beginning to think the skreets are getting rusty.  :poke:

FWIW - I wont ever say we didnt want this kid. Hes a blue chipper. We very much wanted him. And lost him to another program. Simply put. No moral victories but I am glad we were even in it.  Tubs wouldnt have came within a 50 mile radius of him.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:41:56 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 10:33:54 AM »
Where were the skreets last week on this one? Anyone can say these things after the fact. Just saying Prowler.....what the hell? Im beginning to think the skreets are getting rusty.  :poke:

FWIW - I wont ever say we didnt want this kid. Hes a blue chipper. We very much wanted him. And lost him to another program. Simply put. No moral victories but I am glad we were even in it.  Tubs wouldnt have came within a 50 mile radius of him.
Because this information wasn't available on message boards until he committed to UF. Duh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 10:57:51 AM »
The kid was silent on AU for appr. a month. Was not coming to AU all along even though there were connections and several visits. AU has a different situation since Newton entered the picture and with Rollison (wavering) That sealed it. I don't think it critical to sign a QB for 2011 but it is discussed more on other sites. The other three kids are likely to go elsewhere too (UT, GA and AR) but if one of our designated 4 get itchy I expect us to land a big name, perhaps even one of those three. Several of us did not think Driskell was ours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 11:42:39 AM »
I am not an allbarn fan but Gus' offense seems to use a QBs arm better than Urban's. Maybe you guys have seen more than I have but I think you have a better chance of getting to the NFL with your offense. Am I wrong here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 12:27:09 PM »
Hard to say. UF won a MNC with Leak at the helm and he was horrible in the option because he seemed scared as hell to run.  Tebow was just a unique athlete and they would have been stupid not to use his running abilities.  I think you'll see far less running out of Brantley as even his own receivers say he's more of the rhythm, pro style QB.  The problem these days, if it is in fact a problem, is that so many teams out there in college run most of their sets from the shotgun.  With the exception of a few big names like Alabama and from what I understand now...Texas, there just aren't that many "Pro style" drop back passers. 

With the draft coming up, we've heard so much analysis of the QBs concerning whether ort not they can adapt to that style.  Even Sam Bradford was saying yesterday in an interview that most people didn't know he was under center more than you would think.  What I don't get it why the NFL has been so stubborn about going to more of the spread type offenses when they've been proven to light it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 12:33:07 PM »
Hard to say. UF won a MNC with Leak at the helm and he was horrible in the option because he seemed scared as hell to run.  Tebow was just a unique athlete and they would have been stupid not to use his running abilities.  I think you'll see far less running out of Brantley as even his own receivers say he's more of the rhythm, pro style QB.  The problem these days, if it is in fact a problem, is that so many teams out there in college run most of their sets from the shotgun.  With the exception of a few big names like Alabama and from what I understand now...Texas, there just aren't that many "Pro style" drop back passers. 

With the draft coming up, we've heard so much analysis of the QBs concerning whether ort not they can adapt to that style.  Even Sam Bradford was saying yesterday in an interview that most people didn't know he was under center more than you would think.  What I don't get it why the NFL has been so stubborn about going to more of the spread type offenses when they've been proven to light it up.
The basic argument by NFL coaches has been that the spread is implemented in college for two reasons.  1. To make up for talent.  The majority of mid major teams have a higher chance of competing with the talent filled squads on Division 1 if they use a spread attack.  You can't run straight at a Ohio State or Alabama and expect to win, especially if the caliber of athletes is unbalanced.  Supposedly, everyone in the NFL is really talented.  2.  Spread attempts to use speed rather than pure talent.  Supposedly, everyone is fast in the NFL, so it is irrelevant. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 12:35:28 PM »
  Supposedly, everyone is fast in the NFL, so it is irrelevant. 

These experts never paid any attention to the Falcons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

No Huddle

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 01:03:13 PM »

I am wit cha'
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 01:41:29 PM »
I am not an allbarn fan but Gus' offense seems to use a QBs arm better than Urban's. Maybe you guys have seen more than I have but I think you have a better chance of getting to the NFL with your offense. Am I wrong here?
Farm livin' is the life for me? No your not wrong about Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 01:46:21 PM »
Meyer really has two things going for him vs. Gus that would be of use when recruiting a new QB.

1.  The use of Leak, and Tebow and the Heisman that came from it while at UF.

b.  A little guy currently in the NFL named Alex Smith.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 01:48:17 PM »
These experts never paid any attention to the Falcons.

Its like you know what I am thinking.

BTW - THIS......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

No Huddle

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 09:22:07 PM »
Meyer really has two things going for him vs. Gus that would be of use when recruiting a new QB.

1.  The use of Leak, and Tebow and the Heisman that came from it while at UF.

b.  A little guy currently in the NFL named Alex Smith.

I will give you number one. Could not agree more but Alex Smith? Come on dude he is a bust right now. That could change in a matter of minutes but right now he is not a good NFL QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »
I will give you number one. Could not agree more but Alex Smith? Come on dude he is a bust right now. That could change in a matter of minutes but right now he is not a good NFL QB.

The fact of the matter is that he's there though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

No Huddle

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 10:29:22 PM »
The fact of the matter is that he's there though.

I am not so what do I know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions