Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Chizik and company need to teach the recruits the name

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Chizik and company need to teach the recruits the name
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 12:03:33 PM »

Dammit Dwight, thats my joke

I knew with you online, I had to act fast. Minutes were all I had......
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:45:41 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 01:42:04 PM »
This "University of Auburn" comments from the recruits makes for good fodder for all opposition. On television. That shit is getting old!
Don't forget the "War Eagles".

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 06:01:49 PM »
Already posted this once, but it is worth repeating... what about this basic, blessedly simple explanation??

These kids go through recruitment talking about "Auburn University" - their mail comes from "Auburn University" - their new gear comes from "Auburn University".  I doubt they don't know the name of the school.  But now they are playing the up to media hype, dragging out the suspense, right? 

Most colleges are The University of... Miami, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Kentucky (insert your preference here).

Our school is Auburn University.  The first word is kind of a giveaway - not much of a chance for a fan of The University of __________ to gets his hopes up for one brief shining moment before they are crushed to bits when they hear the word Auburn...

That is the take I have had on this from the get-go...  give them the benefit of the doubt, for Pete's sake, and I don't even know Pete...

This comment is 100% valid if and only if you can provide a link or quote of a recruit saying "The University of LSU."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 06:44:35 PM »
This comment is 100% valid if and only if you can provide a link or quote of a recruit saying "The University of LSU."
I've never heard a recruit say that they were going to commit/sign with Louisiana State University, it's always "I'm committing or signing with LSU".

How about FSU?  I've never heard a recruit say "I'm committing or signing with Florida State University".  I've heard them say Florida State or FSU.....Hell, even the German, DE Bejorn Werner, said that he was going to Florida State.

What about UCLA?  I've never heard anyone say that they're going to commit or sign with the University of California, Los Angeles.  I've heard them say UCLA.

Should I keep going?  Because I can.

Do you think Georgia Tech fans are mad when a recruit doesn't say that he'll be committing to the Georgia Institute of Technology?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 08:22:01 PM »
I've never heard a recruit say that they were going to commit/sign with Louisiana State University, it's always "I'm committing or signing with LSU".

How about FSU?  I've never heard a recruit say "I'm committing or signing with Florida State University".  I've heard them say Florida State or FSU.....Hell, even the German, DE Bejorn Werner, said that he was going to Florida State.

What about UCLA?  I've never heard anyone say that they're going to commit or sign with the University of California, Los Angeles.  I've heard them say UCLA.

Should I keep going?  Because I can.

Do you think Georgia Tech fans are mad when a recruit doesn't say that he'll be committing to the Georgia Institute of Technology?

Completely wrong argument. FSU and LSU are RECOGNIZED names for those programs and universities. Georgia Institute of Technology is the official name but is often referred to as Georgia Tech.

"The University of Auburn"  is never - NEVER - an acceptable or known correct reference to Auburn University under any circumstance.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 08:24:13 PM by Sensible »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 09:32:13 PM »
Completely wrong argument. FSU and LSU are RECOGNIZED names for those programs and universities. Georgia Institute of Technology is the official name but is often referred to as Georgia Tech.

"The University of Auburn"  is never - NEVER - an acceptable or known correct reference to Auburn University under any circumstance.
How about the War Eagles?  That seems to have caught on too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 09:45:57 PM »

How about FSU?  I've never heard a recruit say "I'm committing or signing with Florida State University".  I've heard them say Florida State or FSU.....Hell, even the German, DE Bejorn Werner, said that he was going to Florida State.

What about UCLA?  I've never heard anyone say that they're going to commit or sign with the University of California, Los Angeles.  I've heard them say UCLA.

I'm not really sure how this is applicable to the point I was trying to make.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 09:54:47 PM »
How about the War Eagles?  That seems to have caught on too.

You are as thick as a stack of IHOP pancakes, bro.  :nagger:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 09:55:55 PM by Sensible »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »
You are as thick as a stack of IHOP pancakes, bro.  :nagger:
Mmmmmm, IHOP pancakes with strawberrys on top.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 11:10:13 PM »

LSU, FSU, USC - those abbreviations are more common than the full school name. (Some of those kids may not even know what LSU or FSU stands for...)  No one says "AU" or "UA" or "UK" except as short hand on a message board.

Did not say it was right.   BUt these kids plan this shit out.  When you look at it from an objective POV, it makes sense... one more moment of drama llama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 11:54:26 PM »
Mmmmmm, IHOP pancakes with strawberrys on top.

And maple syrup with some pork patties....mmmm mmmm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 08:12:43 AM »
BAAAHAAAHAAA... 

Prowler attempts to prove someone wrong by giving examples that support their argument. 

HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA

Here's a recreation:

THS- There were lots of good looking women on Charlies Angels.

Prowler: Idiot. There was Farrah, Kate, Cheryl, Jacklyn. Should I go on? Because I can.

BAAAA HAAAAA HAAAA HAAAA.

Fail. Hahahahaha

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 11:32:44 AM »
The point is the University of Auburn is batting 1.000 in get recruit's commitments....and I don't fucking care how the recruit says that he's committing to play for the Plainsmen, just as long as he knows the name before he graduates.  Plus, there's a possibility that, like TW stated, the recruits are somewhat toying with their peers..."I'm committing to the University of....(fans thoughts...well that rules out Texas Tech, Texas a&m and Auburn....that leaves only one, aluhbamuh!!!)....Auburn!!!! War Eagle."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 11:59:20 AM »
Wait...I thought we were The Plainsmen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 12:06:20 PM »
Wait...I thought we were The Plainsmen?

C'mon....we're the War PlainsTigers.

Get that shit straight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 12:14:12 PM »
:drama:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 12:36:09 PM »
The point is the University of Auburn is batting 1.000 in get recruit's commitments....and I don't fucking care how the recruit says that he's committing to play for the Plainsmen, just as long as he knows the name before he graduates.  Plus, there's a possibility that, like TW stated, the recruits are somewhat toying with their peers..."I'm committing to the University of....(fans thoughts...well that rules out Texas Tech, Texas a&m and Auburn....that leaves only one, aluhbamuh!!!)....Auburn!!!! War Eagle."

I hate the off-season. I hate it more when I start stupid threads. I need to go dip seven times in Lake Martin to cleanse myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »
:drama:
Here's a llama, there's a llama, everywhere a llama llama!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2010, 12:39:22 PM »
Here is my attempt at derailing this thread. Enjoy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 01:26:33 PM »
"some guy"?  RWS, is this like one of those things where you say "I have a friend who....", and you really mean it's about you?  Are you "some guy" in this video?  This is what you do between posts isn't it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor