Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

More proof that being recruited by Alabama is like 'Fatal Attraction'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: More proof that being recruited by Alabama is like 'Fatal Attraction'
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 10:53:41 AM »
Some of our fans are idiots, yes. Some of them will trash a recruit over going to AU. But, the same could be said for some Auburn fans as well. All I'm saying is if you think every single AU fan is so much better, you must not venture to other AU boards very much. Whether you like it or not, each side has idiot fans. Every fanbase has them. And every fanbase is going to pick out those idiots from the other side to try and make their point. We could sit here and debate all day what side does what, and what side doesn't. In the end, the argument would be in the same exact place as it started.

The moral of the story? Hold me accountable for what I say, not for what others say. 

Yes I agree, both sides have their fair share of monkeys. Yes I do venture out to other Auburn boards, which brings my point back up. There is major difference in volume of people trashing 17 and 18 yr kids if comparing Auburn and bama. From what I have seen it gets pretty damn nasty from the bammers. Also, when other kids keep getting a look at how bammers treat these defectors, it will hurt bama recruiting even more.

For what it is worth, I don't think anybody here is trying to hold you accountable for others ignorance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 10:54:34 AM »
Again, how exactly does a lifelong Alabama fan, who has "dreamed of running out of the tunnel at BDS", who has been "waiting my whole life for this offer", who has visited Alabama for years, all of a sudden feel pressured to commit?

http://www.gotwavs.com/0085412111/WAVS/Movies/Zoolander/whymalemodels2.wav
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:57:50 AM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 10:56:20 AM »
Bammer are like monkeys in so many ways. Wear protective gear when you back a Bammer in a corner because all they know how to do at that point is throw shit at you. They also get louder and louder when one of them gets upset as a sort of noisy self-defense mechanism.

Similar thing happened in a totally different setting. Bammer guy posts something to me on FB to the fact that "negative posts about the weather" were not what makes God happy. I replied that he was stretching a bit on that and that most FB post (like anything else on the Internets) is just fodder and mood release.

His response - "Roll Tide." That's right. That's all he had.

Monkeys and Bammers. Relatives no doubt.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:57:38 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 11:36:53 AM »
I can solve this for you. Andrew Bone is not media. He is a bama shill. If he wrote it, there is a less than 20% chance of it being true.

Again, how exactly does a lifelong Alabama fan, who has "dreamed of running out of the tunnel at BDS", who has been "waiting my whole life for this offer", who has visited Alabama for years, all of a sudden feel pressured to commit?

You know, this is sort of amusing. When I posted a follow-up on Mike Thornton, who told the UGA Rivals site in an interview that he was pressured by AU to commit on the spot, you guys trot out a million excuses why this kid is full of shit. A kid who is an obvious headcase says Alabama pressured him into committing, and its the damn truth. A kid who couldn't tell the media quick enough how he has forever dreamed of playing at Alabama. No ifs, ands, or buts. It has to be right.

WE, perhaps our coaches were ready to fish or cut bait. And you know, somtimes, indecisiveness of others leads to frustration and impatience. Some of these kids try to play folks. Right???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 12:12:16 PM »
1. I never said "cut bait" on anyone. How can that be my quote? You said, 2. If "half of the class was committed in June 2009", if you have the same results in 2010, that would still leave 5 FUCKING MONTHS.
3. Alabama has only 2 commitments at this time, don't start using the "we didn't have room for him anyway" bullshit.
4. Please show proof of how "we rolled out millions of excuses on how Thorton was full of shit".
5. It is not obvious to me this guy is a "head case" as you have said. What proof other than he didn't choose UA makes you think that. This is part of you and your fan bases arrogance.
6. You didn't answer my question. Assuming that your WHOLE class is filled in June of this year, why do you need to "cut bait" the first weekend in February?

Thanks. I'll hang up and listen.

1. Again, it is your quote from the defense of AU from Thornton. I already clearly stated where I got that line from.

I wish the kid wouldn't have spoken out like he did, but I think the coaches were ready to fish or cut bait.

2. Yes, it would still leave 5 FUCKING MONTHS. I would guess that if 65% of your class is committed (if we were in fact taking 20 and 13 were committed) 7 months away from NSD, that as a coach, you probably have a pretty damn good idea of who else you will end up with. Much like the 2010 signing class, really. The ones we got were the ones we knew we were getting.

3. At this point in the 2010 class we only had 2 commitments as well. I'm not one of the coaches, so obviously I don't know heads or tails how many interior linemen we plan to take for 2011. I would imagine one, maybe two. We have 7 scholarship guards on roster for the 2011 season right now. Maybe 8 depending on where Brandon Moore ends up. Add in two interior linemen coming in from the 2010 class, and we're talking 9-10 kids going for the one OG we lost to graduation. We lose 2 interior linemen over the next 2 years. It doesn't look like a huge area of need. In the past 3 classes we have taken 2 interior linemen each class.

4. http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=8345.0

Obviously not "millions", but you get the point. It's the typical every stretch, guess, or rumor is bullshit if its negative towards AU, but is the absolute truth if negative about Alabama.

5. Really? Seriously? You can say with a 100% straight face that this kid has NO issues, and is 100% a straight shooter?

6. I'm not even assuming the WHOLE class will be filled by June, but I'll go with your assumption. Obviously, if it is February, and your whole class would hypothetically be filled by June, I think thats pretty obvious. 4 months isn't a huge amount of time. Especially if your "Plan A" for a position doesn't work out, for example, and you need to go to your "Plan B" recruit, etc. You have to look at it by position, not the overall number.

With the probability of only two interior linemen spots being open for this class, the case could be made that the coaches may have wanted to "fish or cut bait", as you put it in another thread. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:28:38 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »
I can solve this for you. Andrew Bone is not media. He is a bama shill. If he wrote it, there is a less than 20% chance of it being true.

The same things he said to Bone are the same things he's been saying to various outlets, such as Rivals, Scout, etc, for months. Its not like it was a big secret the kid was a big Alabama fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 12:58:09 PM »
With the probability of only two interior linemen spots being open for this class, the case could be made that the coaches may have wanted to "fish or cut bait", as you put it in another thread. 

I don't remember saying that so kudos to you for finding that.

Also, as was CLEARLY stated in that thread, signing day was 2 weeks away. It was even said by chizad, "it's not as if signing say is 11 months away." which is clearly the case here.

You will make an excuse for anything. Just admit you got beat and move on. The "not enough room" excuse is the most ridiculous argument you can come up with being that signing day is 11 months away and you have 2 commitments at this time.

You're a dumb ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 01:00:50 PM »
He's not the only one making excuses. Get a load of this - http://forums.tidesports.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631098265/m/3321016669
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 01:12:05 PM »
I don't remember saying that so kudos to you for finding that.

Also, as was CLEARLY stated in that thread, signing day was 2 weeks away. It was even said by chizad, "it's not as if signing say is 11 months away." which is clearly the case here.

You will make an excuse for anything. Just admit you got beat and move on. The "not enough room" excuse is the most ridiculous argument you can come up with being that signing day is 11 months away and you have 2 commitments at this time.

You're a dumb ass...
I have no problem admitting we got beat. Same as I had no problem in admitting we got beat for Shon Coleman, LaDarius Owens, Michael Dyer, Craig Sanders, Jawara White, etc. Never have I once badmouthed those kids, and for that matter, I have used LaDarius Owens as a shining example of a level headed classy kid. I don't mind losing a kid to AU. Its their life, I shouldn't get pissed off because of where a 17 year old chooses to go to college. Other than Lache Seastrunk and now Spencer Region, you would be hard pressed to find where I have bashed an AU recruit/commit.

As far as the space argument goes, really, nobody knows except the coaches. You keep looking at the overall number, however, you ignore the position number. Hypothetically, if you are going to take 2 guards, and say you offered 10-15 guys, the odds are not in your favor if you're going to drag it out to NSD. Especially since it is not a need position, and that number could shrink to 1 if a surprise arises at a need position. I'm not saying this is absolutely the situation for a fact, I'm just showing you where it could be reasonably possible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »
I have no problem admitting we got beat. Same as I had no problem in admitting we got beat for Shon Coleman, LaDarius Owens, Michael Dyer, Craig Sanders, Jawara White, etc. Never have I once badmouthed those kids, and for that matter, I have used LaDarius Owens as a shining example of a level headed classy kid. I don't mind losing a kid to AU. Its their life, I shouldn't get pissed off because of where a 17 year old chooses to go to college. Other than Lache Seastrunk and now Spencer Region, you would be hard pressed to find where I have bashed an AU recruit/commit.

As far as the space argument goes, really, nobody knows except the coaches. You keep looking at the overall number, however, you ignore the position number. Hypothetically, if you are going to take 2 guards, and say you offered 10-15 guys, the odds are not in your favor if you're going to drag it out to NSD. Especially since it is not a need position, and that number could shrink to 1 if a surprise arises at a need position. I'm not saying this is absolutely the situation for a fact, I'm just showing you where it could be reasonably possible.

Fair enough. But watching the press conference, he was obviously a "silent" commitment. What happened? The only thing would be Saban pressuring the guy to come out and commit publicly, and then not be allowed to go on any more trips. That is a dangerous game that Saban is playing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 01:33:49 PM »
I'd just like to point out that I did not start this thread to single out RWS or any poster here. I wonder if RWS made this about him in order to divert negativity away from Daddy Saban because that's what he was told to do by the REC. ???
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 02:03:02 PM by Sensible »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 01:52:27 PM »
I'd just like to point out that this thread did not single out RWS or any poster here. I wonder if RWS made this about him in order to divert negativity away from Daddy Saban because that's what he was told to do by the REC. ???
I would like to point out the second post in this thread where I was specifically singled out. You may now resume your regularly scheduled fail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 01:56:20 PM »
I would like to point out the second post in this thread where I was specifically singled out. You may now resume your regularly scheduled fail.

I didn't start a thread to single you out. Reading - it's a skill. Go FAIL yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 01:59:08 PM »
I didn't start a thread to single you out. Reading - it's a skill. Go FAIL yourself.
Perhaps you should have worded it "I didn't start this thread to single out RWS", instead of making a general statement about the entire thread.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 02:03:21 PM »
I'd just like to point out that I did not start this thread to single out RWS or any poster here. I wonder if RWS made this about him in order to divert negativity away from Daddy Saban because that's what he was told to do by the REC. ???

Okay. You going to answer the last question?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 02:22:06 PM »
Okay. You going to answer the last question?
I still asses you a ½ fail just for fucking it up in the first place.

I'll answer the last question when I see if the check clears the bank or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 02:28:52 PM »
I'll answer the last question when I see if the check clears the bank or not.

Say "Hi" to Finebaum and Longshore when you are in line for the teller.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 10:11:53 PM »
Say "Hi" to Finebaum and Longshore when you are in line for the teller.

Longshore likes teh ghays.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE