Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Spencer Region Commits To...Auburn?!

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Spencer Region Commits To...Auburn?!
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »

Hmmm.  

I think he brings up an interesting athletics vs. academics point.  I know for a fact that there are many people at Auburn (and every college) who don't give the first damn about football at all.  There are many who hate what it represents, hate the attention it brings and are disgusted that borderline students are celebrated while those who excel in their classwork often toil in relative anonymity.

For that segment of the population, the fact that the kid says the name of the school correctly is more important than his 40 time.  

These kids are hardly the only ones making this error, though.  the ESPN talking heads, particularly that doof Holtz, often do it.  

Bullshit Kaos and ou know it.

How many "academic" juniors in high school that applied to Auburn would make the same mistake?

Look...do I like it? Nope. Do I find fault in this and blame fucking Chizik, which is what Sensi did...HELL NO! That is dumb. Why is it the coach's fault to educate the kids on the proper name BEFORE the kid committs. This is a stupid fucking arguement...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 04:57:48 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2010, 05:40:16 PM »

How many "academic" juniors in high school that applied to Auburn would make the same mistake?

Look...do I like it? Nope. Do I find fault in this and blame fucking Chizik, which is what Sensi did...HELL NO! That is dumb. Why is it the coach's fault to educate the kids on the proper name BEFORE the kid committs. This is a stupid fucking arguement...
Correct....sounds to me like it's just someone trying hard to find some fault in Auburn's recruiting.  Auburn just landed, what will be, one of the Top Olinemen in the Southeast....The Top Olineman in the State.  But, lets complain about the way the "Big Cats" announce their University.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2010, 07:00:20 PM »

MISSED THE POINT.   No bullshit at all.  Unless you're telling me that there are NO professors at Auburn who have an agenda against the football program.  Unless you're telling me that it's bullshit that some of the members of that academic fraternity are jealous of the attention football gets while their own programs languish. 

Do I care some of the the kids don't say it right?  Nope.  Merely said that there is a segment of academia who would, and would do so vehemently. 

Didn't disagree with Prowler and didn't agree with Sensi.  Only provided a different track. 

Chizad, you are so quick to put on Sancho's suit that you don't bother to even read what's written.  Your comprehension the last few days has been absolutely abysmal. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2010, 09:54:43 PM »
MISSED THE POINT.   No bullshit at all.  Unless you're telling me that there are NO professors at Auburn who have an agenda against the football program.  Unless you're telling me that it's bullshit that some of the members of that academic fraternity are jealous of the attention football gets while their own programs languish. 

Do I care some of the the kids don't say it right?  Nope.  Merely said that there is a segment of academia who would, and would do so vehemently. 

Didn't disagree with Prowler and didn't agree with Sensi.  Only provided a different track. 

Chizad, you are so quick to put on Sancho's suit that you don't bother to even read what's written.  Your comprehension the last few days has been absolutely abysmal. 

Apples and oranges Kaos...and you know this shit.

There are segments of academia who can't stand "the brutal game of football with players acting like a bunch of savages..."

Don't even compare the two...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2010, 10:18:34 PM »
Apples and oranges Kaos...and you know this shit.

There are segments of academia who can't stand "the brutal game of football with players acting like a bunch of savages..."

Don't even compare the two...

GOD FUCKING BLESS, has everybody around this place gone fucking psycho?  What the fuck are you even talking about?  I can't make shit for sense out of either of your replies.  It's like they jumped in from some other thread or something.

I thought it was interesting that Sensible/Cynical's comment could be cross referenced with the attitude some portions of academia has with sports in general.   

I didn't say one fucking motherfucking sonofabitching thing about whether recruiting was positive or negative, Prowler. Christ almighty.   

I said I personally didn't care if the kid called it Hung Jao Din as long as he wanted to be a part of what we have at Auburn.  I noted that many people who should know better at ESPN still do it. 

Ya'll are fucking NUTS.  So quick to pull the trigger and make the assumption that I was bashing on Prowler or what the fuck ever that you're not even paying attention. 

I took this sentence:

yes, it does mean something to a lot of people who don't give a damn about football.

I considered the stuff that sociology doofus tried to dig up.  I considered the interactions I've had with college administrators and other officials -- people who DON'T give a damn about sports.  I thought about the academics vs. athletics debates I've seen around in various media.  And I could see where there would be a segment of the population for which this kind of thing would be a big deal.  I think that's already been proven at Auburn.

That's not badgering Prowler.  It's not taking anybody's fucking side.  It's not apples, oranges, plums or persimmons. 

It's making a fucking observation.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2010, 10:50:02 PM »
GOD FUCKING BLESS, has everybody around this place gone fucking psycho?  What the fuck are you even talking about?  I can't make shit for sense out of either of your replies.  It's like they jumped in from some other thread or something.

I thought it was interesting that Sensible/Cynical's comment could be cross referenced with the attitude some portions of academia has with sports in general.   

I didn't say one fucking motherfucking sonofabitching thing about whether recruiting was positive or negative, Prowler. Christ almighty.   

I said I personally didn't care if the kid called it Hung Jao Din as long as he wanted to be a part of what we have at Auburn.  I noted that many people who should know better at ESPN still do it. 

Ya'll are fucking NUTS.  So quick to pull the trigger and make the assumption that I was bashing on Prowler or what the fuck ever that you're not even paying attention. 

I took this sentence:

I considered the stuff that sociology doofus tried to dig up.  I considered the interactions I've had with college administrators and other officials -- people who DON'T give a damn about sports.  I thought about the academics vs. athletics debates I've seen around in various media.  And I could see where there would be a segment of the population for which this kind of thing would be a big deal.  I think that's already been proven at Auburn.

That's not badgering Prowler.  It's not taking anybody's fucking side.  It's not apples, oranges, plums or persimmons. 

I stopped reading after God Fucking Bless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2010, 10:56:29 PM »
I stopped reading after God Fucking Bless.

Part of your problem and why you never know what's going on.  Quit being a dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2010, 11:05:24 PM »
Part of your problem and why you never know what's going on.  Quit being a dumbass.
I stopped reading after Pa...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2010, 02:38:19 AM »
Making mountains out of molehills, guys... what about this basic, blessedly simple explanation??

These kids go through recruitment talking about "Auburn University" - their mail comes from "Auburn University" - their new gear comes from "Auburn University".  I doubt they don't know the name of the school.  But now they are playing the up to media hype, dragging out the suspense, right? 

Most colleges are The University of... Miami, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Kentucky (insert your preference here).

Our school is Auburn University.  The first word is kind of a giveaway - not much of a chance for a fan of The University of __________ to gets his hopes up for one brief shining moment before they are crushed to bits when they hear the word Auburn...

That is the take I have had on this from the get-go...  give them the benefit of the doubt, for Pete's sake, and I don't even know Pete...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2010, 07:30:20 AM »
I gotta say that even though it would be nice to get this kid some of you are just over the top on this recruiting shit. 

Smack over a 2011 verbal?

Really?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2010, 09:19:02 AM »
I stopped reading after Pa...
:bugs:

Whatever, Kevin. You're Mr. Sensible's Sancho.

He made a ridiculous stretch to find a negative in Auburn recruiting, WarEagle!!! called it out as such, Prowler added to that, and you had to pretend as if he made a valid point. I make one comment about what a stretch that was and you fly off the hinges at me again. WarEagle!!! was more combative in this thread, but now since you're on a campaign to try to convince everyone that I'm a blathering dumbass, you target me. You did it to Prowler & Chopper, and now you're after me. It won't work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2010, 09:34:29 AM »
I think you're all dumbasses....and geniuses.  Unless I don't. Then, in that case, I think I do. But just some of you.

And someone please tell Sancho I would like to meet him....he sounds really interesting.
 :popcorn: :popcorn:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2010, 10:17:47 AM »

I took this sentence:

Fair enough. But it is apples and oranges. My point is this, how many high school juniors, that just want to be a student at Auburn and not part of the football program, would make the same mistake? I would say roughly the same amount of students getting offered scholarships to play ball. Do you expect these kids to know about Haley Center,Samford Hall or Foy? No. Because they haven't experienced any of that yet. Not all these kids grew up worshipping Auburn University like we did and getting to be a part of the Auburn family at an early age.

Now, if in 6 years this dude gets drafted in the first round, and during an interview says, "I would like to thank The University of Auburn...", then yes, I have a much bigger problem with this.

Like I said though, the apples and oranges comparison was to the bullshit "academia" part of the discussion that doesn't even need to be brought into this thread. Those same "academia" people will hate football and anything associated with it regardless if every recruit says Auburn University from here on out...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2010, 10:27:48 AM »
:bugs:

Whatever, Kevin. You're Mr. Sensible's Sancho.

He made a ridiculous stretch to find a negative in Auburn recruiting, WarEagle!!! called it out as such, Prowler added to that, and you had to pretend as if he made a valid point. I make one comment about what a stretch that was and you fly off the hinges at me again. WarEagle!!! was more combative in this thread, but now since you're on a campaign to try to convince everyone that I'm a blathering dumbass, you target me. You did it to Prowler & Chopper, and now you're after me. It won't work.

You're a fucking dumbass. 

None of that shit happened. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2010, 10:36:16 AM »
Fair enough. But it is apples and oranges. My point is this, how many high school juniors, that just want to be a student at Auburn and not part of the football program, would make the same mistake? I would say roughly the same amount of students getting offered scholarships to play ball. Do you expect these kids to know about Haley Center,Samford Hall or Foy? No. Because they haven't experienced any of that yet. Not all these kids grew up worshipping Auburn University like we did and getting to be a part of the Auburn family at an early age.

Now, if in 6 years this dude gets drafted in the first round, and during an interview says, "I would like to thank The University of Auburn...", then yes, I have a much bigger problem with this.

Like I said though, the apples and oranges comparison was to the bullshit "academia" part of the discussion that doesn't even need to be brought into this thread. Those same "academia" people will hate football and anything associated with it regardless if every recruit says Auburn University from here on out...

I wasn't agreeing with anything, only recognizing that there probably IS a segment of the Auburn population -- professors and other academicians -- who would care more about how the kid said the name of the school than whether he could play ball or not. 

You're right, those same people will hate everything associated with athletics no matter what, but that isn't the issue.  The guy said there were people who would care.  And there are.  The athletics vs. academics debate has existed for decades.  It's nothing new.  It's also fair to point out that those who fall on the academic side are far more likely to take umbrage with the use of "University of Auburn" than non-academicians, is it not? 

That wasn't disagreeing with Prowler, it wasn't defending Sensi.  Chizad's fucking desperation to score has rendered him impotent at this point.  How he and his pal Prowler could possibly derive some "you think recruiting sucks" position from merely noting that the segment of population does exist is pretty crazy. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2010, 10:37:07 AM »
Back to topic:

Region says "We WILL win the SEC when I am at Auburn"

Someone question him...really. He looks like he will rip your heart out and eat it in front of you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA FUCK YOU SABAN!!!

:thumsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsvbIcnaWK4#noexternalembed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2010, 10:56:02 AM »
You're a fucking dumbass. 

None of that shit happened. 
These are not the droids you're looking for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2010, 10:56:32 AM »
Back to topic:

Region says "We WILL win the SEC when I am at Auburn"

Someone question him...really. He looks like he will rip your heart out and eat it in front of you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA FUCK YOU SABAN!!!

:thumsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsvbIcnaWK4#noexternalembed
Alot of our '08 class said they would win a NC before they left Alabama. At least our guys aim higher.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2010, 11:07:21 AM »
I wasn't agreeing with anything, only recognizing that there probably IS a segment of the Auburn population -- professors and other academicians -- who would care more about how the kid said the name of the school than whether he could play ball or not. 

The guy said there were people who would care.  And there are.

So you weren't agreeing, you were just agreeing.

And then went on to tell us all what "he meant" by coming up with a way to connect a dot in India to one in Antarctica.

Why is the animosity directed at me when WarEagle told you flat out that you're full of bullshit?

Oh right, because you're a woman that holds grudges.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2010, 11:10:23 AM »
Alot of our '08 class said they would win a NC before they left Alabama. At least our guys aim higher.  :thumsup:

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:15:30 AM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor