Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Spencer Region Commits To...Auburn?!

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Spencer Region Commits To...Auburn?!
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 10:07:05 PM »
If that had happened, then yeah, I'd be pissed.  As y'all should be, because Auburn just stole another "committed" prospect away from the Great Sheban.  I'm a lot smarter than you think.  I knew what you were trying say, but I decided to throw my hook out there to see if it'd snag you....and it did, lol.  BTW, I wouldn't post anything about him being "paid", unless da skreets inform me of it.  Similar to the Bobbie Massie situation, what's really funny is, y'all got outbid by Ole Miss.
I'm not pissed about AU landing him. As I've said before, I'm not going to get upset about a 17 year old kid doing what he thinks is best for his career. Its going to shape the rest of his life, not mine. You're a moron to get mad at a recruit for his decision. But to "commit", knowing damn good and well you are intentionally stringing everybody along, right up until the second you make your announcement? Thats some bullshit. Had a recruit that had been singing the praises of AU done the EXACT same thing and switched from AU to UA at the last second, after he had told media outlets right before his commitment that he is AU bound and to post stories, you would have all kinds of conspiracy theories, and you damn well know it. And you wonder why folks like Andrew Bone aren't too happy with Region.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 10:42:31 PM »
I'm not pissed about AU landing him. As I've said before, I'm not going to get upset about a 17 year old kid doing what he thinks is best for his career. Its going to shape the rest of his life, not mine. You're a moron to get mad at a recruit for his decision. But to "commit", knowing damn good and well you are intentionally stringing everybody along, right up until the second you make your announcement? Thats some bullshit. Had a recruit that had been singing the praises of AU done the EXACT same thing and switched from AU to UA at the last second, after he had told media outlets right before his commitment that he is AU bound and to post stories, you would have all kinds of conspiracy theories, and you damn well know it. And you wonder why folks like Andrew Bone aren't too happy with Region.
AAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 11:36:36 PM »
Yep. He announced a PC for Friday to announce his commitment after receiving an Alabama offer. Then he postponed it for a month. Then he said its back on for Saturday. He committed to Alabama, and gave the following quotes before his commitment/switch:

After Alabama's junior day, he even said it was his dream to run out of the tunnel at BDS. Weird much? A few additional notes:

Region told reporters a few minutes ago that he changed his mind at 10:30 this morning.

Said Auburn felt more like family and he wanted to play in more of a family environment.

Would have loved to have had you, but more power to you. Good luck except against Alabama. Sounds kinda fishy, and totally scripted if you ask me.

So am I to take it you are surprised? 

And what's that smell?  It's like rotting fruit.  Maybe some grapes have gone sour. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 11:38:15 PM »
And you wonder why folks like Andrew Bone aren't too happy with Region.

FUCK Andrew "I got rug burn from Saban's" Bone.  Fucking douchebag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 12:04:53 AM »
Kaos, Prowler's on my side and there's nothing you can do about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 12:13:51 AM »

There's nothing I'd want to do about that. 

Peas. Pods. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 01:36:46 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 01:42:03 AM »
Not sure who to pity more...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 02:27:31 PM »
Alright! Enough is enough!

STOP this "University of Auburn" shit right now!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »

Why?  the University of Auburn has landed every recruit that it has gone after....EVERY Recruit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 02:33:39 PM »

True. Stop selling family. Stop selling the University. Stop selling the great atmosphere we have. Sell the most important thing: The right name of Auburn University. If they don't get the right name, they shouldn't be allowed to play...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2010, 02:36:19 PM »
I'll bet they get it right by the time they graduate. Which is more than inbREDU can say when looking at their graduation rates.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2010, 02:42:49 PM »
Why?  the University of Auburn has landed every recruit that it has gone after....EVERY Recruit.
We didn't want Marcus Lattimore or Byran Jones anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 02:48:55 PM »
We didn't want Marcus Lattimore or Byran Jones anyway.
Yeah....because Auburn University was recruiting them.  If there is any video out there of them saying The University of Auburn as being one of their choices, then I'll change my statement to "just about every recruit".  But, since I don't remember ever hearing them say The University of Auburn, my statement stands true.  The University of Auburn gets who they want...and all of Coach Sheban's recruits belong to The University of Auburn, if they're wanted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 03:13:15 PM »
True. Stop selling family. Stop selling the University. Stop selling the great atmosphere we have. Sell the most important thing: The right name of Auburn University. If they don't get the right name, they shouldn't be allowed to play...

Didn't even imply that. How's your jump to conclusions mat? You are a fucking moron for implying such. You think any other "major" school puts up with that shit? Hell no. Just because we are Auburn doesn't mean we have to take it in the ass. Stop bending over and start acting like we matter - matter enough to get the name right. Yes, it does matter and yes, it does mean something to a lot of people who don't give a damn about football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2010, 03:29:45 PM »
So am I to take it you are surprised? 

And what's that smell?  It's like rotting fruit.  Maybe some grapes have gone sour. 
Pretty much everybody is. His mother was wearing Alabama gear, for crying out loud. Again, I don't mind AU beating Alabama out for a recruit. I certainly don't mind AU winning a hard fought battle for a recruit, i.e., Ladarius Owens. Sure, he put off his commitment I think twice, but he handled his entire recruitment very well. No games, no playing with people. Handled things with the utmost class and respect. Region? Not so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2010, 03:34:01 PM »
Didn't even imply that. How's your jump to conclusions mat? You are a fucking moron for implying such. You think any other "major" school puts up with that shit? Hell no. Just because we are Auburn doesn't mean we have to take it in the ass. Stop bending over and start acting like we matter - matter enough to get the name right. Yes, it does matter and yes, it does mean something to a lot of people who don't give a damn about football.
Damn, you are a half empty dipshit.  You do realize that Auburn University is recruiting KIDS that are being recruited by Universities of _______ all across the Country.  Heaven Forbid the kids for saying the University of Auburn, while in front a 100 of their peers or Millions watching on TV.   :rolleyes:

I DEMAND that these kids not get nervous and never mispronounce the school that they're going to attend for the next 3 to 5 years.

Also, sensible....how's the Auburn Coaching staff recruiting now?  You said previously that it was a "fail", still think it's a fail?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2010, 04:31:01 PM »
Damn, you are a half empty dipshit.  You do realize that Auburn University is recruiting KIDS that are being recruited by Universities of _______ all across the Country.  Heaven Forbid the kids for saying the University of Auburn, while in front a 100 of their peers or Millions watching on TV.   :rolleyes:

I DEMAND that these kids not get nervous and never mispronounce the school that they're going to attend for the next 3 to 5 years.

Also, sensible....how's the Auburn Coaching staff recruiting now?  You said previously that it was a "fail", still think it's a fail?

I...

Shit

I a....

Fucking a

I ag...

Damn I can't say it...

I agree...

Now I feel dirty...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2010, 04:49:24 PM »

Hmmm. 

I think he brings up an interesting athletics vs. academics point.  I know for a fact that there are many people at Auburn (and every college) who don't give the first damn about football at all.  There are many who hate what it represents, hate the attention it brings and are disgusted that borderline students are celebrated while those who excel in their classwork often toil in relative anonymity.

For that segment of the population, the fact that the kid says the name of the school correctly is more important than his 40 time. 

These kids are hardly the only ones making this error, though.  the ESPN talking heads, particularly that doof Holtz, often do it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2010, 04:51:19 PM »

Hmmm. 

I think he brings up an interesting athletics vs. academics point.  I know for a fact that there are many people at Auburn (and every college) who don't give the first damn about football at all.  There are many who hate what it represents, hate the attention it brings and are disgusted that borderline students are celebrated while those who excel in their classwork often toil in relative anonymity.

For that segment of the population, the fact that the kid says the name of the school correctly is more important than his 40 time. 

These kids are hardly the only ones making this error, though.  the ESPN talking heads, particularly that doof Holtz, often do it. 
You tried reeeealy hard to come up with a way to disagree with Prowler this time, didn't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions