Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Opinions on today/tomorrow?

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Opinions on today/tomorrow?
« on: February 02, 2010, 02:18:50 PM »
Few thoughts on the last 2 days of recruiting before NSD:

** Lattimore - I am as bewildered on this guy as I have been on any recruit. He is hard to read. My gut tells me SC. My heart tells me AU. I would hate to lose this guy. I am gonna say SCe on Lattimore. I hope I am SO wrong.

** Lemonier - this one I would give a slight lean to FSU, but I'm gonna call AU since I am a homer.

** Howard - I think he bolts even though he said he won't. He can play instantly at Clemson as a RB. Howard to Clemson.

** Coleman - I don't blame him for looking around. My gut here tells me he STAYS since all has been quiet lately with him. I rate this one as 50/50. If Bama lands him - congrats to them. He's quite an impact player. Too close to call.

** Surprises/Rumors - With the possibility of Howard leaving opens up a spot for maybe another of his type. Or two.  :)  There are 2 players right now who could possibly commit to AU tomorrow that are not being talked about in AU circles very much - 1 moreso than the other. Both are instate players. Both are the same type player as Howard. I think the more likely one is Ryan Smith out of Cordova. I think if Howard leaves AU, we will sign Ryan Smith - or at least the possibility is very good. As far as the other player who has rumors swirling - his is a 4 star who's name hasn't been mentioned in forever. I doubt it actually happens but its interesting nonetheless.  :popcorn:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Re: Opinions on today/tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 02:30:53 PM »
** Lattimore - USCe
** Lemonier - FSU
** Howard - Kentucky or Clemson
** Coleman - AU
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 02:35:18 PM »
Few thoughts on the last 2 days of recruiting before NSD:

** Lattimore - I am as bewildered on this guy as I have been on any recruit. He is hard to read. My gut tells me SC. My heart tells me AU. I would hate to lose this guy. I am gonna say SCe on Lattimore. I hope I am SO wrong.

** Lemonier - this one I would give a slight lean to FSU, but I'm gonna call AU since I am a homer.

** Howard - I think he bolts even though he said he won't. He can play instantly at Clemson as a RB. Howard to Clemson.

** Coleman - I don't blame him for looking around. My gut here tells me he STAYS since all has been quiet lately with him. I rate this one as 50/50. If Bama lands him - congrats to them. He's quite an impact player. Too close to call.

** Surprises/Rumors - With the possibility of Howard leaving opens up a spot for maybe another of his type. Or two.  :)  There are 2 players right now who could possibly commit to AU tomorrow that are not being talked about in AU circles very much - 1 moreso than the other. Both are instate players. Both are the same type player as Howard. I think the more likely one is Ryan Smith out of Cordova. I think if Howard leaves AU, we will sign Ryan Smith - or at least the possibility is very good. As far as the other player who has rumors swirling - his is a 4 star who's name hasn't been mentioned in forever. I doubt it actually happens but its interesting nonetheless.  :popcorn:

Do you think we are out of it for Jones and do you think that Mack Brown might be one of the surprises?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 02:42:29 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about Ryan Smith? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 02:49:28 PM »
He's already bolted, and don't remember him saying he wouldn't.

Has anyone heard anything about Ryan Smith? 
I hadn't heard his name until I started seeing it thrown around last night.

Seems like a good trade off for Howard. 3* ATH to play S or DB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 02:51:11 PM »
He's already bolted, and don't remember him saying he wouldn't.
I hadn't heard his name until I started seeing it thrown around last night.

Seems like a good trade off for Howard. 3* ATH to play S or DB.

Don't forget, Prowler assured us we'd get one from Texas and one from Florida tomorrow in a major surprise. 

So there's that, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 03:06:01 PM »
Do you think we are out of it for Jones and do you think that Mack Brown might be one of the surprises?

Heard that too but not as strongly as Ryan Smith. I hope not.
Mack Brown did not look good in the all star game IMHO.

The other one I am hearing about is instate and a 4 star committed already, much like Smith (who is a 3 star).

I said a few days ago that Jones was now an Auburn lean which would be a total opposite of what was said a week earlier - Arky lean.  Ive never seen so many last day guys that are this 50/50 til the end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 03:12:07 PM »
Heard that too but not as strongly as Ryan Smith. I hope not.
Mack Brown did not look good in the all star game IMHO.

The other one I am hearing about is instate and a 4 star committed already, much like Smith (who is a 3 star).

I said a few days ago that Jones was now an Auburn lean which would be a total opposite of what was said a week earlier - Arky lean.  Ive never seen so many last day guys that are this 50/50 til the end.
Mack Brown must be the recruit out of Texas Prowler was talking about. Huge pick u....

Oh, the RB out of Georgia that's committed to UF?

I'll take him too. Didn't see him at the all-star game, but his stats look ok to me...Is it possible he just had a bad day?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 03:17:07 PM »
Mack Brown must be the recruit out of Texas Prowler was talking about. Huge pick u....

Oh, the RB out of Georgia that's committed to UF?

I'll take him too. Didn't see him at the all-star game, but his stats look ok to me...Is it possible he just had a bad day?

Right. Tell me that would not have been funny had he committed to Texas. "Mack Brown commits to Mack Brown". lol

But really, this dude isn't in Dyer or Lattimore's league. Not just saying that because of our ties to D and L.   93.9 is supposed to be broadcasting Lattimore's decision live....also @ www.sportscallonline.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jadennis

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 04:31:35 PM »
Brown dropped from the #1 back in Georgia to #3 and went from a Rivals100 down to #185 in the final Rivals250.  Apparently he had a bad senior season, but the other side of that is that he was plagued by non-season ending injuries all year....so who knows.

I'd take the #3 running back in Georgia any time.

For what it's worth, which is nothing, I can't imagine him leaving Florida at this point.  Has he even ever been to Auburn?

The Smith kid is intriguing to me as a safety prospect.  He's pretty big (6'-2", 205 lbs I think) for a kid with his athleticism (so says the ESPN breakdown).  He also played both sides of the ball, racking up nearly 1,400 yards rushing (7.9/carry) and 19 TDs, as well as 1,300 yards passing and 20 more TDs.  Then add 70 tackles and 6 interceptions on defense....he's obviously an athlete.  Secondary is always in need of bodies. 

And never forget....Carlos Rogers was a 1-star "athlete".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 04:48:14 PM »
Brown dropped from the #1 back in Georgia to #3 and went from a Rivals100 down to #185 in the final Rivals250.  Apparently he had a bad senior season, but the other side of that is that he was plagued by non-season ending injuries all year....so who knows.

I'd take the #3 running back in Georgia any time.

For what it's worth, which is nothing, I can't imagine him leaving Florida at this point.  Has he even ever been to Auburn?

The Smith kid is intriguing to me as a safety prospect.  He's pretty big (6'-2", 205 lbs I think) for a kid with his athleticism (so says the ESPN breakdown).  He also played both sides of the ball, racking up nearly 1,400 yards rushing (7.9/carry) and 19 TDs, as well as 1,300 yards passing and 20 more TDs.  Then add 70 tackles and 6 interceptions on defense....he's obviously an athlete.  Secondary is always in need of bodies. 

And never forget....Carlos Rogers was a 1-star "athlete".

Right, and it could happen. Some are swearing that he is a secret commit to AU. I mean - like you said - I wouldn't turn the dude down. :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jadennis

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 05:01:02 PM »
Phillip Marshall is saying on AUC that he fully expects Shon Coleman to sign with Auburn tomorrow morning.  That could simply mean has yet to hear any different, but it's a nice thing to hear, if nothing else.

He also says that the Auburn coaches expect to hear Lemonier's decision tonight.  That may not mean we all find out, but they expect to hear (which I'm guessing means there will be some leaking of "probably" or "probably not" on different sites according to what they hear).

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 05:24:07 PM »
Has he even ever been to Auburn?

I thought I read where he visited last weekend.

OH GH, is this an opinion or should someone start a separate thread for predictions?  Trying not to hijack your thread.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:28:52 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 07:43:36 PM »
Don't forget, Prowler assured us we'd get one from Texas and one from Florida tomorrow in a major surprise. 

So there's that, too.
Link?

FYI, Corey Lemonier is from Florida....and Cameron Newton played in Texas.  AHAHAHAHAHA, Bitch!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 09:23:40 PM »
Link?

FYI, Corey Lemonier is from Florida....and Cameron Newton played in Texas.  AHAHAHAHAHA, Bitch!

How, exactly, was Cam Newton a NSD surprise??  Plus, he has not played in TX in at least 2 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 09:30:24 PM »
How, exactly, was Cam Newton a NSD surprise??  Plus, he has not played in TX in at least 2 years.
.......... :rolleyes:

Blinn Community College Brenham, Texas
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 10:02:39 PM »
Link?

EPIC fail, dumbass. 

Your statement was AFTER Newton was enrolled so "stealing one from Texas" hardly applies.  Not even close. 

Lemonier you could stretch and possibly claim, but he was never a Florida commit. 

That you'd claim this as being right clearly illustrates your delusion.  Nay, insanity. 

Enjoy.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 10:31:42 PM »
.......... :rolleyes:

Blinn Community College Brenham, Texas
Don't roll eyes at me.  I got him mixed up with Gayden from the CC in California.   But since he is ALREADY ENROLLED AND TAKING CLASSES AT AUBURN... HOW can he be a NSD surprise??????  Distracting from your stupidity with my error doesn't change the fact that you still had no business making that whole "AHAHAHAHAHA, Bitch!" statement.

Someone else said it already today.  We appreciate the information - it's your delivery that needs work.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:41:16 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 10:35:41 PM »
I thought I read where he visited last weekend.

OH GH, is this an opinion or should someone start a separate thread for predictions?  Trying not to hijack your thread.

Guess its too late to answer you now, but I was pretty dead on except for Jones. At the time I didnt realize that Arky had offered his teammate which was HUGE. I was glad the Smith stuff I was hearing was indeed true. He was a good trade for DJ Howard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 10:54:18 PM »
Guess its too late to answer you now, but I was pretty dead on except for Jones. At the time I didnt realize that Arky had offered his teammate which was HUGE. I was glad the Smith stuff I was hearing was indeed true. He was a good trade for DJ Howard.

Oh well since it's over I was going to predict us missing on Jones and getting Lemonier,  Smith and Phillips  :)

Actually I would have said get Jones and miss out on Lemonier.  Jones would have softened the blow of not getting Lemonier, but I am happy it played out the way it did.  I don't know poop about recruiting other than what the Mods tell me at Scout and Rivals.  It doesn't really matter though, as a former player once told me, "recruiting is a crapshoot, sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:09:51 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions