Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

In re: Lattimore

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
In re: Lattimore
« on: February 02, 2010, 11:03:43 AM »
Ok, so I just thought I'd throw out some information I learned over the past few hours.  Do with it what you will.

1. J. Lee is not driving to South Carolina for Lattimore's announcement.

2. Bryan Matthews was not going to, but then had a change of heart and decided to drive to his announcement today.

3.  Jay Tate is on his way to South Carolina.

4.  The rumors have turned negative in regards to Lattimore and Auburn, but none of this is official since the family has not spoken publicly in a week or so.

5.  Lattimore's mother really liked Auburn.

6.  Home state teams usually get a leg up when recruiting head to head against out of state teams.

7.  Some recruiters still feel strongly that Lattimore will choose Auburn. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: In re: Lattimore
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 11:08:02 AM »
8.  You love cock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 11:11:49 AM »
Another thing, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Three-star D.J. Howard no longer committed to sign with Auburn

D.J. Howard (Lincoln, Ala.) will not sign with the Tigers on Wednesday, ESPN affiliate Web site AuburnUndercover.com reports.

Howard informed the Spartanburg Herald-Journal that he's made his decision and will sign with Clemson or Kentucky.

"I based my decision on the coaches, how I interacted with them, the players and the environment," he said.

Howard rushed for 1,500 yards and 17 touchdowns as a senior.

This would make me think that Lattimore is leaning more towards Auburn, but who knows.  I always thought that if Howard felt that Lattimore was going to Auburn he would choose Clemson or Kentucky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 11:21:38 AM »
A little something more...

I was just listening to the Colin Cowheard show and he said that it looks like Lattimore is heading to Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 11:24:49 AM »
A little something more...

I was just listening to the Colin Cowheard show and he said that it looks like Lattimore is heading to Auburn.

Is he easier to understand these days without Carroll in his mouth?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 11:25:52 AM »
Is he easier to understand these days without Carroll in his mouth?
It's hard to say, see number 8 above.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 11:42:28 AM »
Rumor Alert:

They are saying that Auburn coaches pulled Howard's offer.

Take it for what it's worth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 11:47:20 AM »
I do think that Lattimore is headed to Auburn. Adding Howard headed elsewhere just solidifies this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 11:48:25 AM »
I'm leaning Lattimore to SC...only because that's the way the wind is blowing today.  

I just think staying home may mean too much to him.  And he's got to realize that if he's an NFL talent, he can get there via SC with no problem. And who knows, maybe he's their next George Rogers.  They do have a Heisman running back in their history.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Token

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 11:50:11 AM »
Rumor Alert:

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 11:51:51 AM »
                                    :haha:
Funny thing, it's actually true.  :wartim:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 11:53:18 AM »
I'm really torn. Right now I feel 51% SC, 49% AU.

Which certainly doesn't mean either is impossible. I feel like we've got about the same odds as I do putting all of my chips on black at a roulette table.

What's interesting is if he doesn't go, that we thought getting Trovon Reed meant we'd get Seastrunk, and we thought getting Eric Mack meant we'd get Lattimore.

In both cases, the guy that actually signed with us was the one that, at least at the time, appeared most likely to stay in their home state.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 11:54:09 AM »
Rumor Alert:

He's only a 3 star. No need to bust out the "we didn't want him anyway" line.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 11:55:39 AM »
1. I said the coaches pulled his offer, 2.  I said it's a rumor, 3. We roll 5 deep at all positions, 4.  :bamahomer:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 11:56:31 AM »
Exactly why assuming we truly did is preposterous.

The kid made it known for weeks he was going to decommit and go to Clemson or UK where he could play RB.

You shop, we shop. Sound familiar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 11:59:09 AM »
3. We roll 5 deep at all positions, 4.  :bamahomer:
Sheeeeat, why didn't you just say so?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 12:01:26 PM »
Sheeeeat, why didn't you just say so?
Honestly though, the only reason I mention that rumor is because it somewhat deals with Lattimore. 

I don't think Howard would have decommitted or they would have pulled his offer unless they think Lattimore will sign up.  But that's just my gut feeling.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 12:02:37 PM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 12:02:53 PM »
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/TheRecruitnik/entry/view/54022/sn100_rb_lattimore_talks_once_more_before_decision

SN100 RB Lattimore talks once more before decision
Monday, February 01, 2010
Posted By Brian McLaughlin 4:06 PM
By Brian McLaughlin
Sporting News

It's down to Auburn and South Carolina now. It's down to trying to become the next Darren McFadden or the next Fred Taylor, at least that's how the coaching staffs have pitched it to him.

Marcus Lattimore is the Sporting News Top 100's No. 2 overall prospect, and he talked to Sporting News Monday afternoon about his Tuesday evening announcement.

He said it's simple: He'll either thrive in Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn's spread offense, the way McFadden did the one year Malzahn was at Arkansas, or he'll be like Fred Taylor was under current South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier, when Spurrier coached at Florida.

"I'm excited about the announcement," Lattimore told Sporting News. "Either way, I know it's going to prepare me for the next level. That's the SEC, the league that will most prepare me to maybe go on to the next level, too. I know that first I need to get stronger and faster, too."

Lattimore broke down the two finalists--a duo that beat out Penn State and Oregon to be in the final two.

"If I go to South Carolina, I'd be a big-time receiver out of the backfield and I'd also run the ball a lot," Lattimore said. "I'm excited about that because I love catching the ball. I know it's going to be a challenge, but I've seen when coach Spurrier was at Florida, when he had a great tailback like Fred Taylor and Errict Rhett and how he used them. I've seen tape on how he used them."

But Auburn has a chance too.

"I think I'm going to be able to make plays at Auburn," Lattimore said. "I know I'd be utilized in the Wildcat offense like Darren McFadden was at Arkansas."

Both head coaches have what he likes, too.

"They're both no nonsense; both straight forward and I like that," Lattimore said. "With coach Spurrier, he's just hates to lose, and I don't like to lose. And when he gets a great tailback, he utilizes him."

The decision will come at 6 p.m. ET on Tuesday at his family's church in Spartanburg, S.C.

"I love everybody at my church; I've been a part of it since the fourth grade and that's where I've wanted to do it since last year when I started talking about signing day," Lattimore said. "My whole family will be there, and my coaches will all be there too. It's going to be fun."

The fact that he was more verbose with his "pros" of playing at SC scares me a little.

Also, if you hate to lose, then why the fuck would you consider playing at SC???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 12:06:21 PM »
However, after further review, notice how he said "If I go to SC, I'd be...", but says "I'm going to be able to make plays at Auburn"...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 12:07:12 PM »
I just spoke with someone very close to Lattimore and they told me that he told them that he would be committing to South Carolina today.

http://www.wareagleauburn.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=8841.0
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions