Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

In re: Lattimore

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: In re: Lattimore
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 12:07:51 PM »
Exactly why assuming we truly did is preposterous.

The kid made it known for weeks he was going to decommit and go to Clemson or UK where he could play RB.

You shop, we shop. Sound familiar?
Thats why I found it to be total bullshit. I saw on a few boards that he was likely to decommit, so I would think that them "pulling his offer" when its been going around for weeks is probably untrue. I have no problem with a team shopping around if a kid is shaky on his commitment. At some point you have to decide whether you want this kid bad enough to put the full court press on and take your chances, or whether you just want to find somebody else.

Take the Keenan Allen situation, for example. When it appeared that Allen was shaky last week, Alabama dialed up Dequan Menzie. I said on BOL when he committed that this probably means the staff knows that Allen is gone, as it seemed obvious that us landing a DB commit this late was a sign that the staff knew they weren't offering his brother, so we weren't going to end up with Allen. Of course, I got flamed for it, but whatever. The point still stands on that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jadennis

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 12:13:03 PM »
I think it sounds like Spurrier sold the kid.  Which, to me, is amazing.  So in ten years at Florida, and all the talent he recruited...he produced Taylor (who only had decent seasons at Florida) and Rhett?  That's it?  In all the years there?

Check Auburn over the same period of time (including Spurrier's time at SC)....James Bostic, Stephen Davis, Heath Evans, Rudi Johnson, Cadillac, Ronnie Brown, Kenny Irons, Ben Tate.  Oh well, good job Spurrier, keeping your guys home is important.

So I'm moving on to Lemonier and whatever surprise NSD may bring.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 12:15:25 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 12:28:41 PM »
Would be interesting to see if Seastrunk makes a change if that opens up and Lattimore goes with SC.   Just one of those back of the house things that could spring out of nowhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 12:37:15 PM »
Not only has DJ Howard de-committed from Auburn, but the coaches have pulled his offer.  According to M. Murphey at Scout, he's tried to re-commit since has been told that he no longer has a spot available.

Ouch.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 12:37:50 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »
Not only has DJ Howard de-committed from Auburn, but the coaches have pulled his offer.  According to M. Murphey at Scout, he's tried to re-commit since has been told that he no longer has a spot available.

Ouch.
Yeah, and we pulled Keenan Allen's offer too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 12:44:10 PM »

So I'm moving on to Lemonier and whatever surprise NSD may bring.

This.

Why in the fuck would Lattimore announce he's inking with Auburn, when he has all the members of his church congregration, all of his coaches, and all of his family in attendance?  Obviously they want him to succeed wherever he goes, but he's doing it at his church to appease all these folks who are probably USCe fans.

Paging Mr. Seastrunk...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 12:44:47 PM »
Yeah, and we pulled Keenan Allen's offer too.

DJ wasn't the top rated back, and it might be very possible that his offer is NOT available any longer.

If you are being sarcastic (which I know you are), you can fuck yourself.  Fact is, K. Allen was a top rated player, with bammers stalking his facebook page, willing to sacrifice their first born (j/k..but still).  Not the same thing.  Fail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »
DJ wasn't the top rated back, and it might be very possible that his offer is NOT available any longer.

If you are being sarcastic (which I know you are), you can fuck yourself.  Fact is, K. Allen was a top rated player, with bammers stalking his facebook page, willing to sacrifice their first born (j/k..but still).  Not the same thing.  Fail.
We pulled his offer so we could get Dequan Menzie (#2 JUCO DB). Didn't you know that? The coaches felt Menzie was a better fit, as he is a true DB. Supposedly, the coaches pulled his offer, then when he tried to reassure them of his commitment, they told him to look elsewhere.

Ouch.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 12:50:42 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 12:57:20 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 12:58:14 PM »
Yeah, cause it's equally logical that a team would pull their #1 prospect's offer just "to make room" for another player as it is for a team to pull one of their lowest ranked players' offer.

Same exact thing...  :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 12:59:34 PM »
Yeah, cause it's equally logical that a team would pull their #1 prospect's offer just "to make room" for another player as it is for a team to pull one of their lowest ranked players' offer.

Same exact thing...  :rolleyes:

Exactly.  Do you expect anything differnet though?  :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 01:06:54 PM »
We pulled his offer so we could get Dequan Menzie (#2 JUCO DB). Didn't you know that? The coaches felt Menzie was a better fit, as he is a true DB. Supposedly, the coaches pulled his offer, then when he tried to reassure them of his commitment, they told him to look elsewhere.

Ouch.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 01:18:33 PM »

I know. Simply showing how the ol' "Meh, we pulled his offer anyway" line can be applied to anything. I just find it amusing that when an Alabama fan pulls the same tired line, its total bullshit, etc etc. But when its about an AU recruit? Its the Gospel. It sort of reminds me of the Brandon Heavens thing.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:21:53 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 01:23:20 PM »
I know. Simply showing how the ol' "Meh, we pulled his offer anyway" line can be applied to anything. I just find it amusing that when an Alabama fan pulls the same tired line, its total bullshit, etc etc. But when its about an AU recruit? Its the Gospel. It sort of reminds me of the Brandon Heavens thing.
That's because you have no analytical thinking skills whatsoever, and can't properly apply logic to a situation, apparently
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 01:30:45 PM »
That's because you have no analytical thinking skills whatsoever, and can't properly apply logic to a situation, apparently
I can apply logic and see the hypocrisy to this. Like I pointed out with the Heavens thing, we had guys higher on the board at WR. Why couldn't we just say "Oh yeah, his offer got pulled" without backlash, but seemingly anybody that decommits from AU really did have their offer pulled? Why can't kids just decide to go to a different school? That goes for people of my fanbase as well. To alot of kids, its nothing personal. Simply business. I don't see why, as fans, we should take it any other way.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:32:31 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 01:34:30 PM »
http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2010/02/a_3.html

**Marcus Lattimore. Auburn may have to be satisfied with just one of the nation's top-ranked running backs, but not the other. Michael Dyer, who ESPN says is the No. 1 back and who's been committed for months, may not find a running partner in Lattimore, who's rated No. 1 by Rivals and Scout.

Lattimore says he's considering South Carolina and Auburn. He'll announce his decision at Silver Hill Memorial United Methodist Church at 5 p.m. today in Spartanburg.

A panel of five Rivals recruiting experts all guessed today that Lattimore would sign with South Carolina. The two Scout panelists guessed South Carolina, too.

As I said before, I'm still about 51% sure myself that he'll be going to SC, but I really think that at this point no one knows for sure besides him and his family.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 01:38:46 PM »
I can apply logic and see the hypocrisy to this. Like I pointed out with the Heavens thing, we had guys higher on the board at WR. Why couldn't we just say "Oh yeah, his offer got pulled" without backlash, but seemingly anybody that decommits from AU really did have their offer pulled? Why can't kids just decide to go to a different school? That goes for people of my fanbase as well. To alot of kids, its nothing personal. Simply business. I don't see why, as fans, we should take it any other way.
Oh, and by the way, Scout now lists as "No offer".

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=3602696
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:42:45 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 01:43:49 PM »
Oh, and by the way, Scout no longer lists an Auburn offer.
And? Rivals still has him committed. Kenneth Carter doesn't show offers from Alabama or Auburn on his Scout or Rivals profile, but you guys sure as hell maintain that he in fact had an Alabama offer. I can keep pointing out the hypocrisy here if you like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 01:43:54 PM »
Its nothing personal. Simply business.  

Business is always personal. It's the most personal thing in the world
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 01:48:57 PM »
Not true.  Taylor said taking aload down the hatch is as personal as it gets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."