Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why I Think Lebo Should Stay - THREAD HIJACKED TO TALK FOOTBALL RECRUITING

Mr. Sensible

Lebo should stay. He is about to get the competitive advantage he has lacked at Auburn - facilities. He should get a chance to see if he can garner the necessary players to make Auburn better by using the facilities as a recruiting tool. To jettison him at this point would be early in my opinion.

So let's all be the Auburn men and women we should be and support Coach Lebo and the Tigers.

P.S. Coach Fortner deserves a raise.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:14:45 AM by Mr. Cynical »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Lebo should stay
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 07:24:16 PM »
You're right.  The new facilities are perfect for Lebo to start his new career as a janitor. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 08:57:08 PM »
He should be fired today. Nice job starting a topic defending the unpopular viewpoint, reminds me of your view against Chizik...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 10:31:40 PM »
Fuck Lebo.  It's done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 05:18:57 AM »
Are better coaches lining up preparing to interview for this position? Who and why?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 07:09:17 AM »
Are better coaches lining up preparing to interview for this position? Who and why?
Anyone can lose?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 07:56:50 AM »
He should be fired today. Nice job starting a topic defending the unpopular viewpoint, reminds me of your view against Chizik...

Completely different situation. Apples and grapes.

For the record, it was hard to find support for Chizik until he won 5 games and people crowned him "great" or whatever. I've been fairly consistent in my opinion on him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 09:57:08 AM »

This is a STUPID argument and why we will continue to suck with Chizik if he flounders.  This is the kind of unAmerican SHIT that Michael Moore promotes.

We should just accept sucking ass because that's who we are and we can't do any better.  FUCK THAT. 

Anybody who thinks this way can go be a Vanderbilt fan or something.

No, no, a thousand times no. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 01:09:37 PM »
Anyone can lose?

That's right Jumbo!  I simply broke ground for an argument by adding who and what. I can play devils advocate by merely commenting and not taking one side or the other, but in doing so others naturally assume I have already chosen a side. All I know is Lebo has had some fair seasons and most were expecting this to be the season. Also know the facilities suck. I know the past and the Gotfried situation at Tuscaloosa. Where is the argument?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 01:11:45 PM »
This is a STUPID argument and why we will continue to suck with Chizik if he flounders.  This is the kind of unAmerican poop that Michael Moore promotes.

We should just accept sucking ass because that's who we are and we can't do any better.  phuk THAT. 

Anybody who thinks this way can go be a Vanderbilt fan or something.

No, no, a thousand times no. 

See above-where is the argument. You are concluding friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 01:15:06 PM »
See above-where is the argument. You are concluding friend.

Your question, in and of itself, could be interpreted as a justification for maintaining the status quo (which stinks). 

No conclusion necessary other than the obvious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 01:25:05 PM »
And your response as was written can be taken differently as well.
(Attack the argument) or lack thereof or simply take part or it and run with it like some others do. Michael Moore; what are you campaigning for office. A little over the top even for you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 01:51:48 PM »
And your response as was written can be taken differently as well.
(Attack the argument) or lack thereof or simply take part or it and run with it like some others do. Michael Moore; what are you campaigning for office. A little over the top even for you. 

Mike's fat ass happened to be on my TV at the moment and I hate the bastard.  So it just popped out. 

I did attack the argument.  It is stupid. As such, I can only conclude that those promoting that particular argument are lacking some critical thinking skills.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 02:20:05 PM »
Mike's fat ass happened to be on my TV at the moment and I hate the bastard.  So it just popped out. 

I did attack the argument.  It is stupid. As such, I can only conclude that those promoting that particular argument are lacking some critical thinking skills.

Damn it, again you assume that because I threw that tidbit out there that I somehow ascribe to an opinion about Lebo's coaching skills. Knowing that AU isn't exactly a basketball Mecca, what harm is there in starting something more than a dislike for him because he wears different colored socks or even better: he sucks!
I think you to be Hamiltonian by design which I can appreciate, but the humor sometimes convalutes your responses. So does that remnant that you call an argument validate my lack of critical thinking skills knowing I am NOT promoting ANY particular argument? :popcorn:   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 04:17:56 PM »
Damn it, again you assume that because I threw that tidbit out there that I somehow ascribe to an opinion about Lebo's coaching skills. Knowing that AU isn't exactly a basketball Mecca, what harm is there in starting something more than a dislike for him because he wears different colored socks or even better: he sucks!
I think you to be Hamiltonian by design which I can appreciate, but the humor sometimes convalutes your responses. So does that remnant that you call an argument validate my lack of critical thinking skills knowing I am NOT promoting ANY particular argument? :popcorn:   

Not necessarily that you espoused it, but someone will.  The advancement of that position would be a fail. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 06:07:17 PM »
Completely different situation. Apples and grapes.

For the record, it was hard to find support for Chizik until he won 5 games and people crowned him "great" or whatever. I've been fairly consistent in my opinion on him.
You're damn right it's apples & oranges.

How you can defend Lebo after nearly a decade of sucking shit, and at the same time bash and bitch about Chizik after a pretty good year without a lot to work with, improving on last year, and an unprecedentedly successful recruiting class...completely defies logic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 06:14:44 PM »

How you can defend Lebo after nearly a decade of sucking shit, and at the same time bash and bitch about Chizik after a pretty good year without a lot to work with, improving on last year, and an unprecedentedly successful recruiting class...completely defies logic.

Be careful there...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 09:30:42 PM »

If I am "damn right" then you should see the different.

Also, I assume when you write "unprecedentedly successful recruiting class" you are referring to the impending ranking. Otherwise, I'd like to have a look into the crystal ball of the future you have in your possession. Like Back to the Future 2 - I'd like to put some duckets on the winners.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 11:56:56 PM »
If I am "damn right" then you should see the different.

Also, I assume when you write "unprecedentedly successful recruiting class" you are referring to the impending ranking. Otherwise, I'd like to have a look into the crystal ball of the future you have in your possession. Like Back to the Future 2 - I'd like to put some duckets on the winners.
Of course, it's more logical to assume that a class full of the most 5* recruits in Auburn history will be epic failures and Chizik is a blathering idiot for recruiting them.

That's just logic.

And you're damn right that the Chizik and Lebo situations are different. You're damn wrong in the way you apparently see which one's a problem and which one isn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 12:17:04 AM »
 :doh:

You are so fast to misjudge my opinions on Chizik. My opinions about what he may or may not do have been based on what he's done as a head coach - 3-9, 2-10, 8-5. That's reality. The most 5 stars in Auburn history is 3? I'll have to do a little digging on that one. If that's true, damn.

As far as Lebo goes, it's more my belief that Jacobs won't make a good move and that Lebo might get it done if given the level playing field (solid facilities to use in recruiting).

That's one thing that helped Chizik - AU football facilities are good and there is a tradition of some winning here to build upon. When he wins some hardware, I'll be proven wrong. Otherwise, he's just living up to what we've had.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions